Upgrade your electronic drum set up or dramatically expand your acoustic kit with the expressive and expansive DM8 Pro Kit from Alesis.
The Alesis DM8 Pro Kit is built around the high-definition DM8 drum module with Dynamic Articulation(tm). The DM8 builds upon the DM10 module by adding a wealth of sounds and features while retaining some of the successes of the previous model. Successes like playback of genuine recordings of real drums and cymbals and advanced Dynamic Articulation multi-samples.
Packed with over 750 studio and live drums and cymbals, dozens of play-along tracks, and an advanced metronome, the DM8 is prepared for any situation a drummer might require of it. The module also features professional audio and trigger ins and outs, including USB MIDI for expansive flexibility and the ability to connect to a wide range of external sounds and controllers.
And, because it's built into an ultra-compact casing, the DM8 is small enough to easily incorporate into a drummer's existing setup, bringing electronic drum and percussion, and rare, ethnic sounds to an existing acoustic drum set.
The DM8 Pro Kit is provides drummers with the most accurate, natural size and space relationships between drums for the most natural-feeling drum kit possible. A drummer's muscle memory expects the feel, size and resistance of their drums to change with each drum, and the pads on the DM8 do just that. Starting with a 12" snare, the kit moves from an 8" tom to 10" and 12" toms, each with real, tension-adjustable drumheads and genuine triple-flanged counterhoops to mimic the feel of acoustic drums. In addition, a vertical kick pad accommodates both single and double pedals. The kit also includes a set of option rubber rim mutes to quiet the rims in practice situations.
Alesis spent a considerable amount of time and energy making the cymbals on the DM8 Pro Kit feel as good as their RealHead drum pads by designing the low-noise DMPad Cymbals. The DM8 Pro Kit is the first electronic drumset with 16-inch Ride and 14-inch Crash cymbal pads, and also includes a 12-inch DMPad Hi-Hat. DMPad Cymbals provide a rubberized playing surface for a great balance between natural cymbal feel and low stick-on-pad sound. The Ride and Crash cymbal feature large choke triggers on the undersides and the DMPad Ride features multi-zone triggering on the bell, face and edge. The DMPad Hi-Hat Cymbal and RealHat Pedal provide for variable control from wide open to tightly closed, plus chick and heel splash.
Sturdy and Durable
Hardware can make or break a drum kit and the DM8 Pro Kit's StageRack makes this one. The StageRack is a four-post rack that features 1 1/2" metal tubes that are universally compatible with additional clamps and incredibly sturdy. The clamps on the rack adjust with large wingscrews for easy, tool-free adjustments and the convertible boom/straight cymbal arms mount right in the vertical rack down-tubes for flexible cymbal positioning.
The Alesis DM8 Pro Kit is a real-feeling, real-sounding electronic drum kit that performs like its acoustic counterpart, but with the added-flexibility of electronic modeling and sound sets.
Features of the Alesis DM8 Pro Kit
- DM8 high-definition drum module with over 750 Dynamic Articulation(TM) sounds
- RealHead 8", 10", and 12" drum pads with tension-adjustable drumheads
- 12" dual-zone Snare, 8", 10", and 12" Toms, and 8" Kick, which works with single and double pedals (sold separately)
- DMPad 12", 14", and 16" multi-zone cymbal pads with natural motion
- 16" 3-zone Ride with choke, 14" Crash with choke, 12" Hi-Hat with RealHat continuous pedal
- StageRack with four-post design, integrated cymbal booms, and wingbolt-adjustable clamps
- StageRack comes with convertible boom/straight cymbal arms, mounted in the downtubes
- Premium instrument library multi-sampled from real drums and cymbals
- Play along with tracks and record yourself with the three-part sequencer
- Mix input for practicing with external music players
- USB-enabled for tracking and programming with virtually all music software
- DM8 drum module
- RealHead 12" drum pad
- RealHead 12" dual-zone snare pad
- RealHead 10" drum pad
- RealHead 8" drum pad
- RealHead kick pad
- DMPad 12" Hi-Hat cymbal
- DMPad 14" Crash cymbal
- DMPad 16" Ride cymbal
- RealHat Pedal continuous hi-hat control pedal
- StageRack with clamps and boom cymbal arms
- Cable snake with cable collars
- Power supply
- DM8 User Manual
- Setup Guide
MacBook Pro(r), iPad(tm), iPod(r), and iPhone(r) are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Some assembly required.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of