Versatile and easy to use, the 16 Channel MixWizard3 stereo mixer is the next generation of these industry standard mixers with multi-purpose applications. MixWizard compact mixers have their own unique place in the world of pro audio, being a professional multi-purpose console with great sound, high quality, ease of use and features that at times seem endless. Allen and Heath have been supplying thousands of MixWizards worldwide for many differing pro audio applications.
- 16 mic/line inputs with balanced XLR/TRS jack, and direct output
- All faders are 100 mm Faders
- 4-band EQ; comprehensive equalization with 2 sweep-able mids
- 6 auxiliary sends; 2 pre, 2 switched, 2 post fade (may be reconfigured)
- 2 stereo returns (TRS jacks)
- Dedicated mono output fader with innovative mode for control of aux fed subs
- Independent A-B output (for 2-track recorder, monitor fold-back or speaker fills)
- Metering; Twin 3-colour, 12 segment bar-graph (channel signal and peak LEDs)
- Onboard FX; 16 FX programs with external editing software
- Mounting; desk or rack mountable with rotating connector pod
- Sys-Link 2 output option; for connection to other Allen and Heath Sys-Link compatible consoles
Featuring an incredible Digital Effects set, the Allen and Heath WZ3162 provides 2 stereo effects engines that each operate in single or dual mode giving you 16 reverbs, echos and other effects, editable via MIDI, that come in handy in live and recording situations. The MixWizard 3 mixer also holds the capability of blending external effects through the very same return channel, saving precious inputs. FX editing software is downloadable from Allen and Heath's online website.
High Performance Preamp
The mic preamp is probably the most important stage in the console's signal path and its performance is often the measure of the quality of the console. MixWizard 3 mixers have a reengineered preamp, developed from A&H's top-end range of ML and GL consoles. The preamp provides very low noise and distortion, a wide yet smooth gain law, and extended headroom for dealing with the most demanding sources.
4 band EQ
Provides clean, responsive and accurate equalization control normally only found in larger format desks. 4 extended range overlapping bands - 2 with centre frequency sweeps - let you compensate for microphone and auditorium frequency responses, add sparkle and presence to voices and instruments, control sibilance or add color.
All 4 bands give up to 15dB boost or cut and have centre detents.
As with their large format large sound consoles, the WZ3162DX can work as a Front of House or Monitor mixer. In Front of House mode, the 6 groups with inserts, long throw faders and XLR outputs can be routed and panned to the LR mix for flexible sub-mixing. The main LR mix has inserts, separate left and right faders, and XLR outputs, to feed the main speaker system. EQ and signal processing can easily be inserted on group and main outputs.
In Monitor mode, the aux mixes are routed to the group and LR faders, inserts and XLR output. The AFL and PFL system is switched to the Mono output to provide an engineer's wedge output. In essence, it's a perfect 6-mix monitor console with additional outputs available from the group busses via the aux master controls. To allow maximum flexibility, it is possible to operate the console in dual mode where some aux outs can be used as monitor mixes and some sub-grouping can be used along with the main LR outputs. This allows the engineer to run Front of House sound and some Monitor mixes from the same console.
Additionally, and unusually on a small format mixer, 2 matrix outputs are also provided - the flexibility and benefits of a matrix cannot be underestimated in today's console applications!
Extra flexibility is provided by A&H's unique third master fader, which can be switched to provide either an L+R mono feed for centre or fill speaker, a sub bass feed mixed from the channel aux 6 sends, and with master fader right where it is needed - next to the LR masters.
6 Auxiliary Sends
Each of the 6 aux mixes has its own master level rotary control and impedance balanced TRS outputs. The console has a clever monitoring system to listen to aux outputs in mono or in stereo pairs. Aux 1 and 2 are routed pre fade for monitors; aux 3 and 4 are switchable, pre or post fade for monitors, effects or additional recording or zone feeds; and aux 5 and 6 are routed post fader for effects and aux-fed sub. The aux settings can be changed by replugging internal jumpers.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Allen and Heath products.
Maximum output level:
- XLR: +26dBu into 600 ohms max load
- Jack: +21dBu into 2k ohm max load
- Channels: +21dB
- Mix: +23dB
Meters: 3 colour LED, quasi peak response
Sensitivity: 0VU = +4dBu at XLR output
Master meters: 12 segment: -30 to +16dB
Channel meters: 2 segment: -12, +16dB (5dB before clip)
Frequency response: 20Hz to 50kHz +/-0.5dB
THD+n at +10dBu 1kHz: Channel to mix out < 0.004%
Crosstalk at 1kHz:
- Fader shutoff >90dB
- Channel mute >100dB
- Inter channel >90dB
Noise, rms 22Hz to 22kHz:
- Mic EIN -128dB
- Residual output noise: < -95dBu (-99dB S/N)
- LR unity fader mix noise: < -83dBu (-87dB S/N)
Channel HPF: 12dB/octave below 80Hz
- HF Shelving: +/-15dB, 12kHz
- HM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 500Hz to 15kHz, Q=1.8
- LM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 35Hz to 1kHz, Q=1.8
- LF Shelving: +/-15dB, 80Hz
- HF Shelving: +/-15dB, 12kHz
- HM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 2.5kHz, Q=1.8
- LM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 250Hz, Q=1.8
- LF Shelving: +/-15dB, 80Hz
- Internal: 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto sensing, IEC input
- Power consumption: 35W max
- Mains fuse: T630mA L 20mm
- External Input for optional MPS12 backup supplyConnections
- XLR balanced pin 2 hot: Sensitivity -60 to +10dBu
- TRS balanced, tip hot: Sensitivity -40 to +10dBu
- Pad out (MIC): 2k ohm
- Pad in (MIC or LINE): >10k ohm, -20dB
- Max input level: +30dBu
- XLR phantom power: +48V, on/off
- ST1,3 TRS unbalanced: >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- ST2,4 TRS balanced: >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- ST1(5) TRS balanced: >10k ohm, -6 to +20dBu
- ST2(6) TRS unbalanced: >2k ohm, -2 to +20dBu
- Channel: TRS, tip send, ring return, 0dBu
- Output: TRS, tip send, ring return, -2dBu
L, R, M outputs: XLR balanced pin 2 hot: <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
Aux 1-6 output:
- TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max
- Electronic balance option: <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
Direct out: TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, 0dBu, +21dBu max
AB out: TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max
- TRS, tip L, ring R
- 30 to 600 ohm headphones recommended
Lamp: 4-pin XLR max 12V 5W lampSize and Weight
Table Top Dimensions (WxDxH): 20 x 20.9 x 7.7 inches (507 x 530 x 194 mm)
Rack mounted (WxDxH):
- Connectors Underneath (10U): 19 x 4.8 x 17.5 inches (483 x 122 x 444 mm)
- Connectors at Rear (11.2U): 19 x 7.6 x 19.6 inches (483 x 193 x 497 mm)
Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 38 lbs