When you call, mention priority code 206-PV9Y
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM Jaguar Special

The Vintage Modified Jaguar features a split single-coil middle pickup and a single-coil bridge pickup for a wide range of robust and responsive bass tones.

"Squier Came Through Big Time..." submitted October 17, 2011

Musical Background: Weekend Gigs/Home Studio Star
Sound: Squier hit the bulls eye here. The P & J standard pick-ups sound nice with the active preamp. Honestly, the preamps effect is minimal to my ears, but just leaving it in the full position sounds dandy. I use the volumes & tone to shape it further in needed. Feature: It's a Jag bass. Body shape is very comfy. Rides on a strap real well. Jazz style neck is a breeze. Ease of Use: Plug in. Mess with the sounds for a bit, then play. Not really any bad settings; some better than others. Quality: At this price point, quality is UNBELIEVABLE. Solid; machine work done well, and human work good too. Check/Tighten up all screws and jack/pot nuts like you would on any new ride. Value: $200! In 10 years, I can imagine it still pulling that or more as a 'classic'. Nice. Manufacturer Support: This 10 is for zZounds. Tops! Cool on the phone, prompt on the email, and decent on the free delivery. Have not dealt with Fender/Squier. The Wow Factor: Bought the sunburst. Looks sunbursty. Looks as good as any production Fender or Squier I've seen in the past. I play 5 and 4 string; have one of each. This is my 4 string. Overall: Good ride. I think it's marketed as a starter bass, and it would be a great 1st bass. Also just a good bass. Plays, sounds, and records well. I'm very stoked.
38 of 39 people (97.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Value in a" submitted October 31, 2016

By David Adair in Columbia, SC
Musical Background: Playing since I was 14 guitar, bass some keyboards
Music Style: Rock, country, blues
Overall: This is a fantastic full-sized bass (be aware they make a short version usually with an SS designation and about $50 less). It has a C shape maple neck that just fits and feels perfect in your hand. The rosewood fretboard has 20 medium jumbo frets - you have to stretch those fingers out. The body is basswood which resonates nicely. Maybe the best thing about this bass is it comes with a split Single-Coil Precision bass pickup and a Single-Coil Jazz bass pickup. You can go for either the classic Fender P bass sound or the J Bass sound or use both for astonishing clarity. There is also active bass boost control, a master tone control, and separate volume levels for each set of pickups. The action is pretty low the only drawback being you'd better be precise on the upper frets to avoid a bit of buzz. You might could make some minor adjustment to avoid this, but if you are fretting it right, it isn't a problem. I'd highly recommend it for beginners, but I wouldn't be ashamed taking it to gigs either.I have the transparent red one and it looks nice...the grain on the wood shows through. It's a Squire made by Fender, but it isn't a Fender. It's made in Indonesia, not in California, but then that is why it doesn't cost so much. A Fender Precision or Jazz Bass can run 2 grand and a Dimension about $1400. It doesn't feel or look cheap, there's no neck dive and I appreciate the nice looking controls (come on those controls on a Fender Jaguar are kind of ugly). For a Squire it's definitely a 5 star. Great value I highly recommend it.

"Great value bass.... Highly recommended..." submitted June 5, 2017

By Sotero R in New Milford, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years aying music. Play bass and Classical guitar.
Music Style: Classic rock, Metal and classical guitar.
Sound: The sound on this instrument is good. Because this is a beginner bass it is understandable that you are not going to get the best pick ups but the pick ups that come with bass are good. I swapped mine for Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. I left the onboard preamp that originally came with the bass. The aggressive sound that I get is suitable for the type of music that I play which is metal. Feature: I am not crazy about basses using Basseood but in this bass the material works fine. I think the extended design of the body adds to the sound and sustain. The Basseood body and the Rosewood fingerboard add a warmth to the sound that is balanced by the roundwound strings that I use. Ease of Use: The neck on this bass is typical of a Jazz bass neck. Thinner than the P bass neck. It is very fast and accessible. The Fender Mexican version of the Jaguar bass has a thicker neck similar to a P bass. Quality: Squirt basses are hit or miss as far as quality control so you have to check out a few different basses before you make a purchase. I went through 4 different basses before I found one that was up to my standards. When you buy a bass like this what you are really buying is the body and neck. You can always swap the electronics. The neck is the most important thing in a bass guitar. The neck on this instrument is very well made. Value: This is a great value for both the beginner and veteran bassist. Manufacturer Support: Did not need to contact the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: This is not the most beautiful instrument out there but once you start playing it then you will agree that this is a great bass for the money. Overall: Bought the 5 string version and was so impressed that I had to get the 4 string version. I put Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, DR Highbeams and a Fender HMV bridge. The bass sounds and plays amazing. I own a few high end basses and this one has become one of my favorites.

"Great value, for beginners and above." submitted October 24, 2017

By Elliot A in Anaheim, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 8 years playing music, 7 instruments: Bass, Guitar, Sunset, Trumpet, French Horn, Mellophone, and Xylophone
Music Style: Classical, and rock.
Overall: Squier really hit a home run with the Vintage Modified line. This bass came with no sharp frets, and needed minimal set up. Great sound, with the PJ set up you can get many different tones from a classic P bass growl to some smooth Jazz bass lines. Only issue I've had is some minimal buzz around the 13th fret.

"Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special " submitted September 2, 2012

By a customer from manhattan.edu
Overall
Overall: I was shocked at the quality of my bass when I first opened the box. The finish was beautiful and had a very nice grain pattern. Pretty good setup right out of the box too, overall I am very happy with this purchase.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 206-PV9Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449