Peavey IPR2 5000 Power Amplifier

Peavey IPR2 5000 Power Amplifier

Get serious power from a impressively lightweight power amp! The IPR2 5000 weights only 7 pounds, yet pushes 890 watts RMS on two channels at 8 ohms.

Overall:
1.5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
1.5 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
2.5 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
Overall: 1.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted August 29, 2016 by Joe M in Delhi, LA
"Three IPR2 amps"
Overall: 2.5 out of 5 stars
I've purchased three of the IPR2 amps ( 1-3000, 2-5000) and all have been sent in to Peavey for repairs. At first I thought I might have just bought the odd one but all three fails on a regular basis with one being DOA. They have repaired them all more than twice with one three times. I have been getting maybe three uses between failure and I don't drive them hard at all. As a matter of fact I purchased the 5000s because they were more amp than I need and I knew they would be pretty much idling all the time driving two Peavey Impulse 1015s and one amp doing sub duty into a pair of EV ELX118s. I am a Peavey man but these amps have been totally unreliable. I've questioned Peavey about what the issue are with these amps but so far they say there are no issues but with three amps with the same experience I beg the differ.
Mobile DJ 15 years
Southern Blues, Hip Hop
35 of 37 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 9, 2022 by Buck Goodrum in Mobile, AL
"2 DOA"
Overall: 0.5 out of 5 stars
Don't. I love my peavey widows. These amps are trash. One smoked right out of the box, returned for a second that had -6 dB on channel2 and smoked after 10 minutes of half power use. zZounds took care of me, but I won't try these a 3rd time.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 7, 2022 by B G
"super fail"
Overall: 0.5 out of 5 stars
i tried one, dead on arrival. sent back for trade, second amp worked ten minutes and smoked. these ipr2 5000 are design flawed.
pro sound and performance
all
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?