map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20N-1VGN

Rating and Reviews: HeadRush FRFR-108 Powered Cab

Pair your HeadRush pedalboard -- or any other amp or effects modeler -- with the lightweight FRFR-108 to hear every nuance of your precisely dialed-in sound.

"Headrush frfr 108 powered speaker" submitted April 6, 2019

By Joseph F. in Princeton, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been playing since 2014, i play guitar and bass sometimes keyboard.
Music Style: I play rock, and blues mostly but am open to play anything im able to.
Overall: I have only had it for 2 days now and im seriously impressed! This little thing kicks out some sound for 200 bucks you cant go wrong at all. It sounds great to my ears for the price its hard to believe they can even make it, let alone make it sound as good as they have. I will be buying another one to hook up in stereo asap. If you dont like it you can return it,but you wont you will say hell for that price il take 2.

"Tiny speaker, huge sound." submitted February 14, 2019

By Aaron H. in Abilene, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for almost 20 years. Currently rehearsing to play live with my new project.
Music Style: Metal, Metalcore, Djent,
Overall: This little guy packs a serious punch. I play in a metal band, and used this as a personal monitor with my Helix. It's super clear and detailed, at all volumes i tested.I have a heavy handed drummer, so I had to turn this up to 7-8, and for that reason i decided to return this for the 112 version. If you are a bedroom jammer, or play with a lighter handed drummer this speaker is the best option for the money.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Holy S#!+ This Thing....." submitted December 4, 2019

By Joshua R. in Fuquay Varina, NC
Musical Background: 23 Years
Music Style: Various
Overall: It cranks! However 2000w on an 8” is gonna end up blowing it. Be sure to Low Cut your rigs at 90-95hz (which already should be anyhow). But, when used right and Vai stages right, she’s tight and loud! Weight is good and the size is nice for moving around, easy to carry. How about a Low Cut switch Headrush?

"Stereo setup with GT1000" submitted January 12, 2020

By Joe F. in Manahawkin, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for over thirty years. Worship leader at a large church.
Music Style: I dig it all.
Overall: I originally purchased one of these cans for my Boss Gt1000 and was very impressed with its clarity and power. I have my system setup on stage where my signal goes direct to the front of house and I have in ear monitors. I also have the 108 for on stage monitoring of my guitar signal (in front of me) which allows me to hear my signal better and also gives me the option of creating natural feedback. Just bought my 2nd one from zZounds and now I have a stereo setup. Sounds incredible. Opted for the smaller of the two cabs (rather than the 12) and I'm glad I did. Super portable, massive amount of headroom and great representation of my tone. For the price of a boutique pedal you can't go wrong with this unit.

"Sounds massive" submitted January 12, 2020

Overall
Overall: For a small speaker, this packs a lot of punch. First thing I noticed was how bass heavy it was, so I dialed back the bass in my main output section on my kemper and dialed back the low end frequencies on most of my profiles. That was really my only gripe but it wasn’t much of a hassle. This is still a high quality speaker for the price. I may even buy a second one.

"Almost awesome" submitted August 23, 2019

By Don T. in Westville, IL
Musical Background: 20 years playing guitar
Music Style: Metal, blues, folk,
Overall: I really wanted to love this thing but it's just not made for gigging and I've found "may just have a defective one" that overheats and shuts off if left on for more than an hour or so. Three times at practice it went into protection mode and shut down for no reason. You get what you pay for I suppose.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-1VGN. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: