Guild M-75 Aristocrat Hollowbody Electric Guitar

Guild M-75 Aristocrat Hollowbody Electric Guitar

Thanks to its pair of "Frequency Tested" single-coil pickups with individual tone and volume controls, this hollowbody has a wide range of amazing tones.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
2.5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted July 26, 2017 by steve t in broooklyn, NY
"very vice instrument"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Due to back trouble was looking to lighten up. There's a lot off buzz on the web about people looking for a light electric guitar. This one weighs 5.3 pounds. You're basically getting a hollow body electric without the f-holes. The guitar gives a quite wide range of sounds.
The pickups are somewhat like P 90s but brighter. I can get from a mellow jazz sound all the way to a telecaster-like treble.
All the parts are good. No complaints with the components.
Very easy to use. I'm playing it through a Fly Rig at the moment. Very playable. The fingerboard is pretty flat. I like that. Sort of like a Les Paul. In fact, this was Guild's answer to the Les Paul in the 50s. But it's different. The hollow body feels and sounds great.
Very well made. Solid reliability. Stay in tune, intonation perfect out of the box. It should be noted that the bridge is not screwed into the top; it floats, like on a jazz box. This means that when you change strings, you need to either do one string at a time so the bridge doesn't move or reseat the bridge after you change strings. Any guitarist should be able to do this in about 30 seconds.
Never dealt with them.
The sound, the light weight the feel of it.
pro forever
classical, folk, rock, hardcore, new music
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 10, 2021 by a customer from me.com
"Very nice!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This is a very nice small-body guitar. The hollow body gives enough volume by itself to allow practicing and playing without disturbing others. I will carry it in the RV.I've been playing Guild guitars since 1964. My first being a X-500 DeArmond. I regret selling the guitar in 2000. Since then, I've had several new Guild guitars and my 'current' favorited is a Sunburst non-electric D-55, but... it's a little large for the RV.My younger brother just received a new D-55E and loves it. I have never been disappointed with the Guild brand.The star rating I've provided is based relative to this particular model and expectations.
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?