When you call, mention priority code 20X-8PW8

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Lee Malia Guitar

Based on the classic Les Paul Artisan, the Epiphone Lee Malia Les Paul Custom sports a P-94 single-coil in the neck and a hot-wound 84T-LM in the bridge.

"This guitar will change your view of Epiphone!" submitted December 5, 2015

By Ted Macdonald in Carlisle, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Ex-Pro, Now collecting and still learning new styles!
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Southern rock, Jazz, Metal, Thrash (TESTAMENT) Go Alex Skolnick!!
Overall: I got mine over a year ago, Probably right before it was officially released. This has got to be one of my favorite guitars of the 50+ in my collection! (That includes about 20 different Gibson's, Fenders, Ibanez, Dean USA etc... I surely was NOT expecting anything near this caliber from Epiphone! First, It is absolutely stunning to look at in person, I know the inlays are not "real" Pearl, But they sure do look real! The craftsmanship is FLAWLESS! Neck is fast and straight with zero fret buzz, Fret bar ends are smooth as silk! (Must have been hand filed) And the sounds you can coax out of this baby are very pleasing! (Thanks to Gibson USA pick-ups) The only negative I can think of is that it's a CRIME to sell a guitar this nice without a case! I have pre-ordered the 100th anniv, Epi LP in Natural because I know if it's even close to this one it will be a winner! Though I highly doubt it will beat this. In fact, If your planning on purchasing the 100th anniv. and you do not have one of these yet, CANCEL the 100th and buy this one instead! It's 100.00 less and I promise it will beat it! (And you will LOVE it!) I did not buy mine from zZounds because as I said, I got mine before anyone else had them to sell. I will say, I am seriously considering buying a 2nd one (And a case for it) from zZounds just to have one to play and one to preserve. Try to find one of the Gibson Artisian LP's from the 70's in mint condition.....Damn near impossible! This offering from Epiphone is the closest your going to get to that Gibson Artisian from the past. Take it from a player of 43 years (Now a collector and player) This is one axe you do NOT want to miss! Or years from now when you see one you will wish you had bought one. I cannot see many folks (If any) parting with theirs in the future (They are just that GOOD!) I highly recommend this guitar and cannot say enough about it!

"Great guitar, not "just for the money"" submitted October 23, 2017

By Paul Cutrona in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years, 30 of the professionally, live, recording and consulting.. and teaching.
Music Style: Mostly rock, but have also done country, dance/pop and other genres.
Overall: Did have to set it up - did a fret level, and polished them up. also, the bridge pickup comes with all the pole screws raised; not sure why - so I lowered them and brought the puckup up a bit higher. Done. Plays like any gibson or (well set up) Epi I've owned. It's a bit heavier than my other LPs, but the sound, and the feel... just creamy all around, and gets attention - lots of good comments on the looks and sound. This guitar saw it's maiden gig last saturday night, we are a hard rock/classic metal band, and I used this most of the night - it handled everything, and sounded perfect. I only used the p94/neck pickup a few times but it sounded great too. The guitar itself, "fit and finigh" wise, was excellent - no blemishes, no oversprays, all the binding was tight, the inlays were perfect, just a well put-together guitar. This makes 5 total epiphones I current have in my arsenal for gigging: 100th anniversary lp (natural), wildkat koa ltd (I did replace the dogear pickups with mini-humbuckers by gfs, since they howled and fed back at high volumes and high gain), 59 explorer/korina, sheraton II, and this. Sold off my gibson LP and my ibanezes, and my prs se - I'm very happy with my epiphones and they are all (with the exception of the wildkat).. get this.. stock. While the newer ones all have either probuckers or gibson pickups out of the box, even my korina explorer with the epi classic 57s sounds great - those people who bash them just do not know how to set up a guitar, and probably dont know how to play, and blame it all on the epi pickups and guitars themselves. I'm a professional player for decades and have played everything from gibson to prs - and while I'd never have a reason to bash either of their products, there is no p-lace in my life for a $4000 guitar in a late night bar gig. This epiphone is just simply a great axe. Be wary of the weight though - while I like the solid heavy feel, and the resulting sound and sustain, it IS heavier than the average duck. One other thing - I have dealt with Epiphone three now, regarding faulty gear, and they have made good on the lifetime warranty without question, and have either repaired or replaced whatever was wrong. Kudos to Epiphone, they have stepped up their game in every way this past decade.

"If Gibson and Schecter had a child..." submitted September 4, 2016

By David Narine
Musical Background: 10 Years, Pro/Home Jammer
Music Style: Metal, Alternative, Classical
Overall: This guitar is not only visually appealing but it is also well crafted. The pickups and coil tapping is great, the tone quality is great, and the feel is great not only for those beautiful classics but also for those fast ripping shreds. Overall, this guitar is amazing. It suits my style perfect. I play metal and I love cleans, this guitar does both very well. Does not come with a case, so I purchased a Gator TSA locking Case for an additional $150.

"Exceptional guitar. One of Epiphone's best! " submitted June 15, 2015

By Christopher C in Bradford, PA
Music Style: Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Overall: When Epiphone announced the Lee Malia Custom Artisan, I knew it was going to be special. Having owned this guitar for the past couple weeks, my assumptions were correct. This guitar is a work of art. Not only is it beautiful, it sounds amazing. The Gibson USA P94 and 84T pickup combination creates a vast pallette of tones, from bright crystal clear cleans to face-melting growls. The guitar is pretty heavy. Mine is easily 10+ lbs. It was setup perfectly out of the box. My only complaint about this guitar are the stock Epiphone strap locks are junk. Throw them out and buy a set of gold Schaller Security locks. It's a minor and relatively cheap and simple fix and does not take anything away from the breathtaking quality and beauty of this guitar. I highly recommend getting one. It's the last Les Paul you'll ever need.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Get this guitar!" submitted March 19, 2016

By Gary B in New Albany, MS
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 years. Piano, Sax, Guitar, and currently learning Bass. Mostly home player, but I do jam with others.
Music Style: classic rock, Christian
Overall: Want a Gibson-quality Les Paul at 1/3 the price! The Lee Malia LP is as good as any Gibson LP I've ever seen, and better than many. The pickups (American made Gibsons) are great, offering many different tones. Epiphone has a real winner with this one.

"beautiful, versatile guitar for a good price" submitted November 12, 2017

By robert matsuk-beck in dayton, OH
Musical Background: amature guitar, bassist, and luthier of 8 years
Music Style: blues, jazz, and rock
Overall: Hands down my favorite guitar i have ever owned, as far as epiphone goes this is in a class of its own. Plays as well as any gibson i have ever gotten my hands on and looks better than most. The only flaw i could find is the same as a few other people have mentioned and its the strange texture the frets have and they could probably have used a little polishing. however after a few days of playing it this goes away and really isnt even an issue worth mentioning in the long run. As far as construction goes this guitar is top notch, neck is fast and binding is flawless and overall this is a breathtaking guitar that looks just as good up close as it does from a distance. I wanted a guitar with p90s for a while and decided to buy an epiphone wildkat to satisfy this desire, that same day i found this one, and after reading some reviews and hearing some demos i decided to give this one a go as well. after having both for a week i returned the wildkat because this guitar just put it to shame. the versatility of this guitar is incredible with the p90 as well as a tapped humbucker you can get more unique sounds out of this guitar than any other i can think of. Overall i would say this stands far above its peers in the epiphone lineup and far above many other instruments out there with a much larger price tag. So if youre even remotely considering getting another guitar let this be the one because you certainly wont regret it.

"Beast of a Guitar" submitted January 28, 2017

By David Narine
Overall
Musical Background: 10 Years playing Jam at home, Semi Pro.
Music Style: Metal, Alternative, Rock, Blues, World
Overall: Perhaps one of the best guitars I've ever played. Love it. Looks great, sounds great, stays in tune, easy to maintain, and reliable to the gigging musician.

"Great guitar, but not perfect" submitted January 11, 2016

Overall
Overall: This guitar is stunning to look at, great to play, and has a nice classic tone. I had an issue with mine playing in tune no matter how I set it up and adjusted the intonation. I tried a couple different sets of strings and let my local shop look at it. Nothing helped. Others have not had this issue so it is just mine. Don't be afraid to buy one

"I have to join the chorus here." submitted June 2, 2017

By Ronald Miller in PORTLAND, OR
Overall
Overall: Even with all the glowing reviews, I am still surprised at the quality of this guitar. I really can't find a difference between this and the Les Paul standards I have played. The P94 HB combo is just what I want and I just love playing this snotty, snarling beast. A++ to Epiphone.

When you call, mention priority code 20X-8PW8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449