Peavey RBN-112 Powered PA Speaker
The RBN 112 speaker enclosure is a high-quality loudspeaker, driven by a highly-efficient, revolutionary power amp. Designed specifically for powered speaker enclosures, this 2,000-watt power amp combines best-in-class audio quality with Peavey's legendary reliability.
Unique to the RBN 112 is Peavey's world class ribbon drivers. Used in studio environments for decades, Peavey has developed a way to apply this high-quality sound technology to live applications; the result is a crystal-clear sound that no traditional compression driver can rival.
To match the incredible high-frequency performance of Peavey's ribbon driver, the RBN 112 is equipped with dual-voice coil neodymium Scorpion speakers, which features Peavey's exclusive field replaceable basket technology. Incorporating modern digital signal processing, the RBN 112 enclosures features two XLR 1/4" combination inputs, a 3.5mm input, and a mic/line level selection. Each input features digital infrasonic high-pass filters, a 9-band graphic EQ, and delay. Each output features a sophisticated compressor/ limiter and fourth order high-pass/low-pass filters for crossover function and external subwoofer incorporation.
Reliability is key when selecting a powered enclosure, and the RBN's features internal temperature monitors controlling a variable speed fan, plus level and clip indication to ensure optimal performance. Completely user-friendly, the speaker system features internal presets built into the DSP, allowing users to quickly select the speaker's application or orientation via the LCD on the rear of the enclosure. Combined with Auto-off power down and integrated fly points, this enclosure is perfect for installations where audio quality, reliability and efficiency are of the utmost importance.
- Two-way, bi-amplified, optimized loud speaker system
- Two channel XLR/1/4" combination inputs
- Mic/line level selection
- 2,000 Watts peak power output
- On-board advanced digital signal processing
- Processed Thru output enables DSP to be used with external subwoofer
- Direct thru output with combine function
- 12" Dual voice coil neodymium Scorpion woofer with field replaceable basket assembly
- Proprietary 120mm true Ribbon high frequency driver on low-coloration wave guide
- Digital compression/limiting
- 9-band EQ
- Bass enhancement
- Delay 0-150ms
- Power amp VU meter with LCD display
- Internal temperature monitor
- Auto power off
- Setup Wizard for easy configuration
- Program EQ presets
- Side and top handles
- Ultra-braced molded enclosure
- Multiple side and top fly points
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Peavey products.
- Frequency response: 59 Hz to 20 kHz
- Low frequency limit (-3 dB point): 59 Hz
- Usable low frequency limit (-10 dB point): 52 HzInternal power amplifiers (@120 VAC line):
- Woofer: 1000 watts peak available power
- Woofer's Continuous Power: 500 watts @ less than 1% distortion
- Tweeter - 500 watts peak available power
- Tweeter's Continuous Power: 250 watts @ less than 1% distortion.
- Nominal sensitivity (1W @1M, swept sine input in anechoic environment): 99 dB (average)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 130 dB music peak
- Nominal radiation angles: 110 degrees horizontal by 30 degrees vertical
- Transducer complement: 12" Neodymium Dual Voice Coil Scorpion woofer, Model SDC1288, and an RD2.6 with 4.75" long aluminum composite ribbon tweeter
- Box tuning frequency (Fbox): 60 Hz
- Electroacoustic crossover frequency: 2,000 Hz
- Crossover Slopes: 24 dB/octave (fourth order) low pass, 24dB/octave (fourth order) high pass, and driver EQ. Input Connections:
- Two combo female XLR/ 1/4" phone jack providing balanced or unbalanced operation
- 3.5 mm stereo media jack.Output Connections:
- Two XLR Outputs
- Full Range Thru, electrically buffered with selectable option of Channel A input only, or Ch. A and Ch. B mixed.
- XLR output
- Controls: Ch. 1 and Ch. 1 Gain control knob. Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 Mic/Line gain select pushbutton
- Status Indicators: Blue Illuminated ribbon lens indicates power On, illumination can be turned Off by user. Front baffle red LED indicates DDT activation. Rear panel LCD screen in Input Level mode, shows DDT activation by flashing "DDT" on the LCD screen, right hand side. Signal level indicated by bar graph coming from left hand side of LCD.
- Electronic Crossover: DSP based, with LCD display and Rotary Encoder Knob for selection of EQ presets and Graphic EQ. Crossover Frequency Set to 2.0 kHz. Low Pass slope: 24 dB/octave, High Pass slope: 24 dB/octaveDSP Section Specifications:
- Latency: Approx. 2.7 msec
- ADC and DAC Sampling frequency: 96 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24 bits for ADC/DAC, 32 bits for DSP calculations.
- Enclosure materials and finish: Injection-molded plastic with internal ribbing and bracing, and with textured finish. Molded material is black, as is the metal grille. Grille has cloth backing for elegant looks.
- Mounting: Subwoofer pole-mounting or speaker stand via built-in 1.375" diameter pole mount, flying via VM70 (two groups of four M6 inserts top and bottom), and rubber feet for floor or stage use.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 24.38" X 14.07" X 14.25" (61.9 cm x 35.7 x 36.2 cm)
- Weight: 39 lbs. (17.7 kg)
- Balanced inputs: 10 k ohms line level sensitivity selected.
- Unbalanced input: 5 k ohms, line level sensitivity selected.
- Mic switch sensitivity Increase: 26 dB
- Input Sensitivity for Full Output (Level full CW): 0.42 V RMS
- Input Overload Point (switch in Line position): +14 dBV
- Infrasonic filter protection: 36 dB/octave roll-off
- Nominal amplifier frequency response: +0, -1 dB from 10 Hz to 30 kHz
- Hum and noise: Greater than 90 dB below rated power
- DDT dynamic range: Greater than 14 dB
- THD and IM: Typically less than 0.1 %
- Damping factor: Greater than 50 @ 1000 Hz, 4 ohms
- Power requirements of Peavey RBN112 system (domestic): Nominal 200 watts, 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Pole Socket Size: 1-3/8" (35 mm)Fuse Type:
- For 120 VAC USE: International fuse classification T10AH 250V. In the USA, types GDC, GMC, 215, 218, and 477 cartridge-style 5 x 20 mm size time-delay fuses with a 10 amp 250V rating can be used.
- For 220-240VAC USE: International fuse classification T5AHL 250V. This is a cartridge-style 5 x 20 mm size time-delay fuse with a 5 amp 250V rating.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):