Korg Grandstage 88 Digital Stage Piano
Sound engines that reach the apex of perfection. The Korg Grandstage is equipped with seven powerful sound engines that make it worthy of being called the ultimate stage piano.
SGX-2: Six acoustic pianos
Containing a stupendous amount of piano sound from top-level instruments worldwide, the SGX-2 acoustic piano sound engine is what makes the Grandstage worthy of the term "ultimate." The grand piano sounds were lavishly captured using instruments from Germany/Heidelberg, Germany/Berlin, Austria, Japan, as well as a newly sampled Italian grand piano. These five grand pianos are considered world-leading classics, and now they are available to you in an unparalleled playing experience. In addition, the Grandstage also provides a newly sampled upright piano sound, featuring a character that is different than the spacious and brilliant grand piano sounds, and possessing its own refinement and depth.
These SGX-2 sound engines contain high-capacity unlooped stereo samples for every key, and use up to 12 levels of velocity switching to perfectly convey the detailed and powerful expressiveness of an acoustic piano, extending to damper resonance that reproduces the spaciousness that is felt when the pedal is pressed, and even mechanical noise.
Responding to the requests of numerous professional players, the Grandstage also provides monaural piano sounds for all of these acoustic piano programs. These monaural piano sounds were voiced not from a mono mix of stereo samples but from monaurally recorded sources, and will shine clearly even within a band's mix.
EP-1: Six vintage electric pianos
The EP-1 electric piano sound engine contains a total of six vintage electric piano sounds: the classic I, II, V, and DMP models of instruments that generate sound by striking a metal tine, and the 200 and 200A models of instruments based on vibrating reeds. MDS (Multi-Dimensional Synthesis) technology delivers a further evolution of the concept of velocity switching, smoothly responding even to subtle changes in your keyboard dynamics. Realistically-reproduced amps, cabinets, speakers, and vintage effects add the finishing touches to these impeccable simulations.
CX-3, VOX, and Compact: Three organs with personality
Three different organ sounds are provided. The CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine is a complete reproduction of KORG's classic combo organ that went on sale in 1980. The newly designed VOX transistor organ sound engine reproduces the sound of the VOX organ that went on sale in 1960 and had such a great impact on popular music in Europe and the US. Also new is the Compact transistor organ sound engine which simulates the compact organs that earned a legendary place in rock during the same years as the VOX organ. By using these sound engines with the rotary speaker effect that's built into each one, you can experience the enjoyment of organ playing to your heart's content.
AL-1 and HD-1: A rich variety of sounds
The Grandstage provides a total of 500 different sound programs, and in addition to the above five types of sound engine, it also gives you the AL-1 analog modeling sound engine that delivers well-defined reeds and thick brass sounds, and the HD-1 PCM sound engine that covers a wide variety of sounds. In particular, the HD-1 contains many new samples of distinctive keyboard instruments, including an eight-level multisampled clavi sound, as well as harpsichord, pipe organ, and the distinctive metallic sound of an FM piano.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- 88-key: A0-C8, velocity sensitive, aftertouch not supported
- Methods of Synthesis and Maximum Polyphony:
- SGX-2: 60 dual stereo notes (equivalent to 240 voices max.)
- EP-1: 100 voices
- AL-1: 36 voices
- CX-3: 128 voices
- VOX Organ: 100 voices
- Compact Organ: 100 voices
- HD-1: 64 stereo notes (equivalent to 128 voices max.)
* The actual polyphony will vary depending on the synthesis engines and effects being used.
* KORG's proprietary system dynamically allocates voice processing power between synth engines as necessary.
The quoted maximum numbers of voices apply when 100% of the voice processing power is devoted to a single engine.
Preloaded PCM Storage Capacity:
- Approx. 19 GB (approx. 32 GB using linear conversion)
Number of Sounds: 500
Favorite: 64 (Includes 32 preloads)
- Insert Effect for Sound Programs: 3-band EQ and four insert effects.
- Reverb/Delay Section:
- REVERB/DELAY button, Type selection knob, DEPTH knob, TIME-TAP button
- Select 1 from Reverb type (HALL, STAGE, ROOM, SPRING), Delay type (DELAY, CROSS, TAPE, MOD DLY).
- DEPTH, TIME (Tap) parameter, user-editable
- Equalizer Section: EQUALIZER button, LOW, MID, HIGH slider (3 band Equalizer)
- Demo Songs: 16
- Panel Interface:
- FAVORITE: 64 (A-H: 8, 1-8: 8), WRITE button
- KEYBOARDS: Category selection knob, Display (128 x 64 dots), LEVEL knob, VARIATION knob, EDIT button
- ENSEMBLE: Category selection knob, Display (128 x 64 dots), LEVEL knob, VARIATION knob, EDIT button
- DYNAMICS button, DYNAMICS knob
- Controls how the volume and sound respond to changes in keyboard touch.
Other: SPLIT button, SWAP button, EXIT (PANEL LOCK) button, SYSTEM button, TRANSPOSE button, DEMO (SYSTEM button + TRANSPOSE button)
- Realtime Controller:
- Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel, SW1 button, SW2 button
- Master Volume: MASTER VOLUME knob
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-22 kHz: +/-1.0 dB, 10 k ohm load
- THD+N: 20 Hz-22 kHz: 0.005%, 10 k ohm load
- S/N Ratio: 105 dB, 10 k ohm load
- Audio Output (Left/Right): XLR:
- Connector: XLR-3-32 type (balanced)
- Output Impedance: 600 ohm
- Maximum Level: +16 dBu
- Load Impedance: 10 k ohm
- Audio Output (L/Mono, R): phone:
- Connector: 6.3 mm TS phone jacks (unbalanced)
- Output Impedance: 1.1 k ohm stereo; 600 ohm mono (L/Mono only)
- Maximum Level: +16 dBu
- Load Impedance: 10 k ohm
- Connector: 6.3 mm stereo phone jack
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- Maximum level: 150 mW + 150 mW @32 ohm
- DAMPER (half-pedaling supported), SWITCH, PEDAL
MIDI: IN, OUT
USB: USB A (TYPE A) x1: For connecting USB storage media, USB B (TYPE B) x1: USB-MIDI Interface
Power Supply: AC Power Supply terminal, Power button
Dimensions (W x D x H): 1131 mm x 359 mm x 140 mm / 51.64" x 14.13" x 5.51" (excluding music stand)
- Weight: 88-key: 20.0 kg / 44.09 lbs (excluding music stand)
Power Consumption: 30 W
Included Items: AC cord, Music stand, Damper pedal (DS-1H)
Optional keyboard stand (Sequenz Standard Large) available separately
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):