When you call, mention priority code 156N-TKFB

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha DSR-112 Speaker

Behold professional sound quality with this powered speaker by Yamaha. Its advanced design employs digital sound processing and integral digital tuning.

"Wow! Wow! Wow!" submitted January 9, 2014

By Carlos G in Columbia, SC
Musical Background: 20+ years of playing 20+ instuments
Music Style: Everything pretty much
Sound: Some of the cleanest boxes I have heard in a long time. I used a DriveRack with them (basically as a x-over) and paired them with my subs and my sound took on a new persona. BIG...clean...intelligible audio. A musicians dream come true. Everything sounded better...every instrument!!! Feature: The D-Contour is nice when using the box as a stand alone unit. The HPF is nice when using with subs and you don't have a DSP. Ease of Use: Straight forward set-up. EASY. Quality: They seemed to be very well built. They will be stationary for us in our building...soo?? Value: For under $1000 a box you can't get a better sound. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them as well. The Wow Factor: I can't say enough about these speakers...just AMAZING!!! Overall: Recently I had been running 4-JBL MRX 515's with 2-JBL SRX 728 with Peavy LowRiders in our church...we LOVE big sound...but we have been having issues with the MRX 515's not sounding all that good and blowing the horn drivers in them as well. We have a pretty large band that are all played through the system; drums, percussion, acoustic, 2-electrics, 4-keyboards and a bass. I have been a musician/engineer for 20+ years and have shied away from powered speakers for a long time but a sound engineer buddy told me to try a pair of the Yamaha DSR-112's. My experience in the pass with powered speakers has always been negative; cheap plastic boxes, bad sound, just an amp thrown in a box, overheating, clipping, poor SPL and the list continues...but after trying these DSR-112's i was literally BLOWN AWAY. I was hesitant with the idea of replacing 4 main FOH speakers with just 2 but theses boxes can do it. Clean...clear...and LOUD!

"A sleeper compared to FBTVerve and QSC!" submitted April 8, 2011

Overall
Sound: Clear, balanced and excellent headroom. Blows our drummer's qsc k12 plastics away. Also have an FBT Verve which is ok, but troublesome. Use the dsr 112 with axe-fx live and it kills. Owned and compared DIRECTLY with QSC, FBT, RCFs, Mackies. Whooda' thunk that Yamaha would've produced a powered driver for Fractal Audio's Axe-FX!?! the dsr112 get my vote... and I voted with my wallet. Feature: No accessories. Not as may plug-ins as qsc but I don't use but the in and the out. Ease of Use: easy Quality: Solid. It's a wood composite but sounds measurabbly better than the qsc plastic. Value: This is a sleeper of a choice. Manufacturer Support: fine. The Wow Factor: Road-worthy as all get out!! Overall: Value, clarity, headroom = all there in spades.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Blown away!" submitted February 21, 2011

Music Style: R&B, Rock, Light Jazz
Sound: I'm a keyboardist and I bought this unit because my existing Stagepas 300 (300w) system was drowned out by my band. I needed way more power to be heard. I considered a lot of products but I bought this one on my faith in Yamaha and the fact that it was 1300w!!! When I got it, I was blown away by the volume levels but the piano sounds were horrid! I have a Yamaha S70xs keyboard with absolutely the best sample sounds available today (It's a Motif based keyboard). And, going through my Stagepas 300, I get fantastic piano sounds. Piano is the hardest sound to get right!!! I was about to return the DSR 112 but I thought I'd give it one more chance so I ordered another one thinking the stereo effect might give me a better sound. I was absolutely right! What a HUGE difference having 2 of them. Now, my piano sounds are amazing (and all the other sounds are amazing too) and, with 2600w of power, I can shake my house when I play at home and I can disintegrate my band if I wanted too! Feature: I wish they had at least thrown in a bag to keep it clean when transporting. At this price level, a bag should be a freebie. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward. Plug and go. Quality: Yamaha always makes durable, roadworthy products. Value: It's a bit pricy but I don't know of any other product that can spit out 1300w and sound this good at this price point. Manufacturer Support: Yamaha has always been great in support. The Wow Factor: It's a p.a. speaker, and it's just a practical piece of gear. And, I wish it were not as heavy. It's 47 lbs. but even 40 would make a world of difference. Overall: This is a keeper. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy the same thing.

"Awesome Speaker" submitted March 19, 2014

By David W in Frisco, TX
Musical Background: 25 Years.... Guitar / Vocals
Music Style: R&B, Funk, Rock, Disco, Pop, Jazz
Overall: Yamaha really blew me away with these. Considering the feature set, I prefer these speakers over all powered speakers in this price range... Yes, I prefer these over The Mackie, JBL, EV and any others. I've heard them all. These can get VERY loud, but the fidelity is what blew me away more than anything else.

"Super impressive, Yamaha has a winner." submitted April 1, 2011

By a customer from sympatico.ca
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Anything
Sound: Absolutely great sounding, rich, super tight, end very pleasant. Good for any style of music, but I found that R&B, acoustic rock, etc.... is where it shined so much. For dance, it delivers, but other boxes have more oumph, but don't have as much beauty from lows to highs. Feature: Only problem, just a tad heavy compared to the other new powered speakers, and the top only handle isn't great to set up on pole mount. Ease of Use: Plug & play, perfect sound. Quality: Super well constructed, tough, well finished product. Value: It is amongst the more costly powered speakers, but it is amongst (or THE) best. The Wow Factor: Great looks, 100% pro design. Overall: Pretty impressive all over. But some kind of side way handle to get it up on stands would have been perfect.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"DSR112 are awesome!" submitted May 8, 2012

By alexis R in West New York, NJ
Musical Background: Reyes Productions
Music Style: All
Overall: Their is no other word to describe this small speakers but AWESOME! The cabinets are a little heave but when you hear the sound out of this its another world and makes you forget the 42LBS. I used them to DJ and can confidently book any event of any size and you hear the sound loud and clear. I have not been able to make them clip or distort. Yamaha did a great job with this speakers and the technology they put behind them When plug to AC you hear no hummmm at all, the technology behind the power splay takes care of any electric distortion reaching the speaker. I was booked for an event at a Small venue of 75 people and had sub and 2 of this dsr112 and ended up using only 1 DSR112 in full range and did the job on its own sounding clear and with great bottom, gave the reset of my equipment the day off. I played all type of music and the Crossover did its job. This is a great product. I em really glad I invested in this speakers

"Lives up to the hype" submitted December 18, 2013

By Ross D in Columbus, OH
Musical Background: 35 years live sound and studio engineer
Music Style: Anything and everything
Overall: My first purchase of self powered cabs and I really like these. I needed something reliable as I pay my bills doing live sound and in studio sessions. The issues that QSC and JBL have had made me gun shy about active cabs, but after reading everything I could find on all powered cabs these had a flawless reputation. I now have four and will be getting more and using them for hi packs and monitors. I still use passive subs and like how my rig sounds.

When you call, mention priority code 156N-TKFB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976