When you call, mention priority code 154J-RM6X

Rating and Reviews: Studio Projects C1 Mic

The C1 large-diaphragm cardioid condenser features a high-quality, low-noise amplifier, -10 and -20 dB pads, and 75 and 150 Hz high-pass filters.

Overall

"It took me too long to purchace this MIC! Don' make the same mistake!" submitted December 25, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer, Artist, Studio Owner
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, Gospel
Sound: The sound from tis mis incredible! its very smooth without any processing. I use it mainly on hip-hop vocals and bought it to compliment my VS-2400 im about to purchase. Running it through a focusrite platinum comp/eq/preamp i was very surprised! It sounds more exspensive than it is, thats the truth! Feature: All the low cut filters we are accustom to! Quality: Is it comparable to neuman? In my professional opinion yes it is! plain and simple, the most bang fo your buck! Value: Its worth it let me tell ya'll! I almost bought a U87 a month ago, an am i happy didn't Manufacturer Support: Don't need any! No support when none is rquired is the best support! The Wow Factor: Easily the best looking mic for the price

"c1 IS AMAZING !!!" submitted May 15, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: country singer (www.davidandrenee.net), home studio, live equiptment
Music Style: country, rap, ext.
Sound: This mic simply gives back exactly what you put in, with no distortion, or loss of quality, when i play back a recording you cant even tell if someone is standing right in front of you singing or if its a recording, its that good , many compare it to a newman I have never herd myself through a newman, however this is the best mic i have ever used, and i currently also own a rode nt1a , so if your debating between the node mt1a and the studio projects c1 get the c1 there is no contest Feature: talk about bang for the buck, comes with a shockmount, windscreen, and travel case, and you cant forget the features on the mic Pressure-Gradient Transducer: 1.06 in. (27mm) 6um mylar diaphragm High Pass Filter 10db Pad great value these features are not normaly found on such a enexspensive condencer mic Quality: perfect rode nt1a cant touch it !!! Value: IN WHAT OTHER BRAND CAN YOU GET A HIGH QUALITY MIC WITH THESE FEATURES AND ACCESORIES I , YOU WOULD THINK THIS COST 10X WHAT IT DID !!! Manufacturer Support: I HAVENT HAD TO USE THEM SO IM JUST LEAVING THIS AREA ALONE The Wow Factor: IT LOOKS LIKE A VERY EXPENSIVE MIC Overall: I WOULD RECOMEND THIS TO ANYONE
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Studio Projects C1 Mic Customer Review submitted February 17, 2005

Overall
Sound: sounds way better than that radio shack one hehe. it does sort of give you that warm tingle listening to your own voice through the headphones. through the monitors, it sounds like the person is the monitor. we even messed with the dog Feature: it records vocals. it has a high pass filter, which gets rid of that nice warm sound. and you can cut the signal in half, for what i dont know. i have dudes screaming into this mic, and a little compression takes care of that clipping idea. Quality: nice design. i like how the screen glistens under the black light. Value: I was told that this mic made another studio's mic sound like karaoke. Manufacturer Support: never had to The Wow Factor: i might get another one and go stereo. Overall: if it broke, i would buy the same thing

"Classic sweet sound." submitted June 24, 2006

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: 30 years music artist
Music Style: alternative/rock
Sound: Perfect, vibrant reproduction of vocals- I a/b'd the C1 with my other favorite mics, small and large condensers, and recorded with it for months now, and it beats all the others- sibilants sound sweet and dense- this is the thing about this mic that is truly amazing. I've used akg 414's and Neumann U87's, U47's, and several vintage tube mics, and I don't remember being this impressed by any of them- the sibilant sounds were always bothersome to me, hard to regulate. Not with the C1- even without a pop filter. Even careless proximity not a problem, always sweet-sounding. Whoever made this mic has created a truly incredible vocal mic. Acoustic guitar still served better by akg c1000s for me, but maybe I haven't found the right mic placement for the C1 yet. Feature: 3-position 75,150hz low cut, -10,-20db pad, foam windscreen, spider mount, metal case- nice kit. Ease of Use: Still needs a slight high boost and low cut, not much though- less than other mics. I use it with studio projects VTB-1 (great preamp!) Value: Right now even if I could afford a U87, I'd skip it get 3 more C1's and a couple of T3's, the tube mic from S.P., all for less than the U87 purchase price. The Wow Factor: Huge, heavy, beautiful mic, custom build feel.

"THE BEST VOCAL MIC FOR INDEPENDENT USE, "U87 WATCH OUT!"" submitted December 2, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: producer, lyricist, engineer, etc.
Music Style: HIP-HOP, R&B
Sound: THE BEST VOCAL MIC UNDER 2G's (FOR REAL!) IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A VOCAL MIC, SEARCH NO MORE!!!! I RECORDED MY WHOLE ALBUM WITH THIS MIC PLUGGED RIGHT INTO AN MBOX AND GOT MIND BLOWING RESULTS. I HAVE RECORDED WITH A U87 AND WASN'T IMPRESSED!! A MUST BUY!!!!!!!!! Feature: Flight case, shockmount, and windscreen! Quality: heavy sturdy mic, wire mesh grill like an SM58. Dropped it once(hard) and didn't even worry about it! Value: FOR UNDER $200, IM STILL MIND BLOWN. Overall: LETS JUST SAY THAT I WANT TO BUY 3MORE JUST INCASE ONE GOS I HAVE BACKUPS FOR LIFE!!!!

"This is The Microphone You Want!!" submitted March 9, 2005

By a customer from comfortpc.com
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Vocalist, Metal Head!
Music Style: Metal, Folk, Mystical, and even Adult Contemporary
Sound: Becasue i have not used too many studio mics, I gave this one a 9, but I think it makes my vocals sound like a 10! It takes a while to get use to a mic of this quality as it pics up every flaw in your voice (yes it's that accurate,) but once you understand it's capabilities, you are well on your way to a very clean, rich, vocal presense. I use mine with the M-audio Delta Pre-Amp (Great Pre-Amp)an Antares AVP-1, and a Digitech Vx400. I have been singing for many years, but could never afford a high end mic; thank goodness technology today makes it easy to use pro quality gear on a shoe-string budget. This mic has helped me enhance my overall tone, and style; that is more than anyone can ask for a 200 dollar mic. GET ONE TODAY! Feature: Has the low cut filter switch and a -10 DB selector. I use these features all the time, and I would never buy a studio mic without them. Comes with a nice case, and de-esser/spit gaurd (big black foamy thing.) Stabilizer/ Shock Mount works just fine. Again, for the price, these things are just icing! Quality: I move mine around a lot, and I really don't like to do that with condenser style mics, but it seems to be built very well. Value: Will not find a better value on a high qaulity, studio ready, Microphone. Manufacturer Support: Have not ever had to deal with them yet, so max I can give is a 9 on this. The Wow Factor: Sharp looking mic. I think the stabilizer/ Shock Mount apparatus looks pretty cool. :) Overall: I would recomend this product to newbies, and to pros. You can make this mic sound like a 1500 mic if you know what you are doing, but straight out of the box this thing sounds like it should cost 3 times as much as it does! Do a search on the web for: "Studio Projects C1 Review" and see what you find out. :)

"Yes, its true!" submitted January 22, 2013

By Robert R in New York, NY
Musical Background: musician, songwriter, producer
Music Style: Christian pop rock
Overall: Are the highs a bit harsh? A lil bit. Does it mimic a U87? Yes it does! I read every possible review for this Mic and just had to see for myself. I love it, gives me the clarity and detail, that 'pop' presence. Awesome Mic for the Money, you really can't go wrong.

"This isn't an ordinary chinese made lowbudget microphone." submitted August 27, 2004

By a customer from mail.nu
Musical Background: producer
Music Style: hiphop
Sound: it has a very very warm sound, im running it through a mackie vlz pro. Crispy, airy, and very detailed. But most of all: WARM Quality: Everything has a very high quality. The case, the shockmount and the mic it self looks fantastic! This isn't an ordinary chinese made lowbudget microphone. Value: the price is incredible for what you get. I find it hard to believe that the manufactor makes a lot of money / mic. I mean, the case is worth a lot in it self! The Wow Factor: its big and shiny. me like. Overall: We use it to rap with, and the sound is just right! crispy and warm. You get it in a nice looking case, and a high quality shockmount & a popkiller is included too. 200?!?! its worth 400!

"Just as expected." submitted February 3, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Amateur song writer & singer.
Music Style: Vocal, light rock.
Sound: Much cleaner in side-by-side comparison with the Shure Beta 87A. Quality: The case is kinda flimsy, but still better than just a bag like the Shure mic.

"As good as any mic up to $1000" submitted September 8, 2004

Musical Background: Gigging musician, project studio
Music Style: Rock, Alt-rock, singer/songwriter
Sound: I would give it a 10 but I know there are better mics out there ... but most of us can't afford them! This thing sounds awesome. I get a lot of compliments on the vocal sounds I get from it. Great for acoustic guitars too. Feature: Nice to have 10db pad and high pass. Quality: I haven't dropped it yet, so I don't know what would happen. It's attractively built and comes with a great looking case. Feels pretty sturdy, but I don't want to drop it. Nice shockmount, too. Value: On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. Price to sound ratio is incredible. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. The Wow Factor: Get it!

"Amazing Value = Affordable Price + High Quality" submitted April 29, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: local musician with a home studio
Music Style: Contemporary (Chrisitan) Rock - Power Ballads
Sound: Though this is my first large condenser 'studio' mic, I've worked with a number of other microphones and applications over the last 2 or 3 decades. As far as sound goes, the C1 is noted for producing a very warm, natural quality, that translates especially well for vocals. Feature: The mic includes a light metal carrying case, shock mount holder, and foam windscreen. In order to protect the high-quality diaphragm from accumulating moisture spots, a stand mounted pop filter is recommended. You'll also need a standart 3-pin cable and 48V of phantom power, of course. Ease of Use: I was able to unpack the mic, plug it in, and begin recording almost immediately. Quality: Apprarently the C1 is partially produced in China and assembled to assure quality control, here in the States. If a manufacturer finds the means of doing this, it keeps the cost of production down while optimizing quality. Value: I'd shopped comparable products for more than a year and am convinced the C1 is 'far and away', the best value mic in its price range. Manufacturer Support: No, though I filled out and mailed my pre-printed product registration card to the PMI Audio Group (Studio Projects) in Torrance, California. It was returned to me with a P.O. label indicating the company's forwarding address had expired. The Wow Factor: Simply . . . gotta have it! Sex appeal? Hey, we're talking about inanimate objects here . . . (Give me a break.) Overall: After I'd read several reviews of the C1, I realized I needed to get my hands on one of these 'bad boys' while they were still available for $200. It's pretty common for a manufacturer, especially with a high quality product to introduce it into the market at a premium price and watch it rise with increased demand over time. (See, my business education wasn't a complete waste!)

"BUY IT...don't think about it, just BUY IT!!" submitted December 13, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician (Vocalist)
Music Style: R&B
Sound: I'm a vocalist and it can literally catch the bubbles pop on my molars...it's THAT good. I read some review originally that compared it to a Neuman (very favorably) so I decided to purchase it. True to it's laudits, it's like a baby Neuman for a fraction of the cost. Feature: Comes in the coolest little briefcase. Everything you need inside. Great packaging! Quality: Very well made. I accidentally knocked it over a couple of times and it still performed perfectly. Value: It's actually underpriced if you want my opinion. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to... The Wow Factor: It's a tubular mic...could it be more phallic? :) Silver, long, hard...lustworthy. Overall: I'd only choose a Neuman if I could afford it. However, I love this mic and would purchase another before I'd switch to a comparably priced brand.

Studio Projects C1 Mic Customer Review submitted January 12, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recordomg Engineer
Music Style: Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B
Overall: I'd be satisfied with it for about a year or two. i'd keep it and try to find another as good or better. if it was stole or lost i would just by another

"Not bad but not for me." submitted January 18, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Active Musician
Music Style: Folk, Alternative, Country
Sound: Very crisp on the top end but and picks up every crack in the voice, which is a good thing. The issues I have with this mic are that it's a bit noisy compared to some of its competitors and lacks punch on the low and mid range while recording male vocals. Many people compare this to the Neumann U87 but, in my opinion, Groove Tubes and Audio Technica both make mics in the two hundred dollar price range that are better than the C1. I love the sound of the the Studio Projects preamp I own but don't like the sound of this microphone. Feature: Has the same basic features the competitors have. Ease of Use: Easy to use but the manual is pretty thin. The Groove Tubes manual is like an encyclopedia in comparison. If you have any kind of recording experience you won't have any problem. Quality: Quality in just fine. Value: I would have rated it a better value if they had not recently raised the price by forty dollars. I was a pretty good value at it's old price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it but I've Studio Projects has an excellent reputation when it comes to customer service and support. The Wow Factor: Looks of the product are just fine. It's not fancy but it's BIG. Overall: I bought this a while ago but haven't used it in over a year. I purchased different $200.00 mic and haven't looked back. It was a disappointing purchase because I did a lot of research before I bought this microphone. In my case, it just didn't live up to the hype that surrounds it. I ended up replacing it, on a whim, with a Groove Tubes GT55. The difference between the two, on male vocals, is like night and day. I plan on selling the C1 and getting an AT4040 to use along with the Groove Tubes mic.

"Very sensitive to humidity, died within a month of use." submitted June 26, 2007

Overall
Sound: Tremendous sound while it lasted Feature: Good accessories, shock mount, hard case, stand adapter Manufacturer Support: Don't really know yet, will try to get it fixed Overall: Like I say, it was nice while it lasted. I used it perhaps four times, then humidity damage. I know about humidity and condenser mics. I was very careful with it. It was working fine one night, came back the next morning and it had lost most of its signal. What was left was mostly a low rumbling. Classic symptom of humidity damage. The manual suggests trying to dry it out by holding it several inches under an incandescent bulb for a while. Pointless. Once its shot, its shot. I'd hoped it would last longer than a month.

"For the price NOTHING touches it with a 50 foot pole!" submitted March 2, 2006

Overall
Sound: Amazing quality vs price. I've done major research on mics and the ratings don't change for this mic. Vocals are very smooth and don't need much tweaking at all. I've used other more costly mics and some in the same price range but for vocals there is no competition. Feature: Awesome briefcase and shock mount. It comes with a spit catcher/wind screen but I use a metal pop filter which works way better but it's there for you. The low-cut is another "can't live without" feature. Ease of Use: Plug it in. Sweeet! Quality: The mic and the mic stand has had it's fair share of crash and bumps but it keeps on ticking. I have a 2 year old... nuff said. Value: For the price there is no reason to look elsewhere. What are you waiting for? But it now! The Wow Factor: The brushed aluminium look is the played out look of the new millenium but this mic is still sweeeeet to look at! Hey, it's no Blue but it holds it's own. Overall: Come on this kind of quality and features for $200 there is no need to compare.

"great Mic incredible value" submitted September 24, 2004

By a customer from mac.com
Musical Background: composer/producer
Music Style: pop, rock, hip-hop & r&b
Sound: Sounds great out of the box and for the price it's pretty incredible. I've been using it exclusively for the past 6 months and am very, very happy with it Feature: It comes with a decent shock mount so, again, for the price...pretty great ( I paid more for my Neumann and AKG shock mounts than the price of the whole C1 package) Value: This product is one of the best values ou there Manufacturer Support: Mic is great shock mount a little chintzy

"A mic worth having" submitted July 27, 2005

By a customer from musicline.ca
Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: acoustic rock/jazz
Sound: Smooth, silky top end. Well defined and articulate mids. Transparent bottom. Works very well for vocals and acoustic instruments. Feature: Good shock mount. Sturdy metal case. Comes with the wind screen. Quality: I own two. Work great from the day one. Usual care required as with any mic of this type. Value: Great value - you get more than you pay for. Would buy again. Manufacturer Support: n/a

"Good mic but mine had quality problems" submitted March 21, 2005

By a customer from 37.com
Music Style: R&B
Sound: Good sound, but usually narrow sound it's not the big full wide sound you would get with more expensive microphones so it's a trade off. Feature: I give it an 8 for features because at least it has the standard roll off, etc Quality: Well made microphone but extremly cheap quality, mine broke and is still brken with a db decrease only after using it couple times, It can't take humidity changes like a more expensive higher quality microphone, no other more expensive mic I own have given me these problems so I guess I got what I payed for. I didn't even bother trying to get it fixed after it broke on me out of frustration for poor quality and a good but nothing really really great type of sound. I'll probably go for a AT-4033 Value: Great value for all the stuff it comes with, shock mount,wind screen, carrying case anyone can find it a great value. Manufacturer Support: Great support after it broke they offered to fix it at least. The Wow Factor: It looks Good, and is a great value because it comes with a free shock mount and foam screen in it's own carrying case. But I wouldn't buy another one considering my first one broke on me and I can even spend less and get something similar or better. Overall: Overall it's a good mic for it's price but I like the standard to big sound of the other mics out there, this mic stereo field seems too mono in comparison to all other mics I owned.

"GOT SHRILL?"" submitted December 12, 2007

Overall
Sound: has a high end shrill thats anoying a tube preamp can tame this but its still aparent it has no midrange or bottom eq is needed to get the right sound... Feature: not many that help the sound... Ease of Use: simple plug it in and turn on the phantom power... Quality: i cracked two capsules already they are real delicate, and use a pop filter or else it will die quickly. Value: you get what you pay for dont expect a u87 or something close to it ive used a u87 and this is not in the same ballpark as people claim its a thin sound with no body to it.. Manufacturer Support: i can always call studioprojects and get someone on the phone real quick..good company. The Wow Factor: the mic looks good thats about it. Overall: a good beginner mic once you use the real deal its hard to go back to these china made toy mics they are a dime a dozen and most of them come from the same factory the companies just slap a different name on the same mic, im sure pmi audio has never made a mic they just pick these parts from china factories put them together and call it new.

When you call, mention priority code 154J-RM6X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976