When you call, mention priority code 176S-WM6N

Rating and Reviews: Squier 50s Telecaster

The Squier Classic Vibe '50s Telecaster is a great deal on a classic sound. A set of Alnico 5 single-coils deliver that Tele twang, with plenty of highs.

"The only blonde allowed in my bed room....." submitted August 3, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: hobbyist....songwriter
Music Style: blues rock, southern rock, classic rock
Sound: Sounds like a deeper, huskier voiced tele.....the kind of guitar sound you want to hear in a smoky blues bar! I like the middle position and neck position best although the bridge is great for cleaner sounds. It everything I had hoped for for the style of music I enjoy.....blues rock, classic rock, southern rock...even some progressive. It sounds good acoustically and amped. Feature: Allen wrench. A better nut would have been nice but I am thinking about installing a brass nut anyway(to go along with the brass bridge pieces). Knobs and switch feel solid....good response from turning the tone knob. I can get any sound I need from it. Overall I am impressed with all of the hardware. Some have mentioned replacing the black pick guard, but I don't know....a dark tortoise shell might look pretty bad ass! These are alnico 3 pickups...not 5's.....they sound great!! Ease of Use: The tone knob works great like I said. I love the neck and bends are easy enough...I may get a pro set up done to lower the action a bit...but very nice as is. I unpacked it, tuned it and it plays extremely well believe it or knot....intonation is great. Quality: The butterscotch blonde is gorgeous...I was not able to find even the tiniest flaw....and I looked hard!! The neck joint is tight and clean....frets are seated nicely and finished well...I can't find any thing wrong with this guitar!! I was a little hesitant about buying a Squier but I am very glad I did...this guitar is under-priced period. Value: I know there are alot of 400 dollar and under guitars on the market...but I don't think this guitar has much competition in quality until you get into the higher priced MIM's or even made in USA Fender tele's....yes...I said it....and I believe it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with Fender but I am sure they would be fine. ZZounds has been very good to deal with...this is my third purchase from them and there will be others. About to buy an amp from them. The Wow Factor: It's the only blonde in my bedroom right now!! Beautiful guitar....I love the butterscotch blonde....perfect finish and the neck is down right pretty. Squier did a great job on this guitar. This one is definitely a keeper. Overall: I am keeping it as long as I can play...then I will pass it on to someone deserving....many years down the road. I will probably buy another of the Squier CV series....one of the Strats. It is fun to play and makes me want to play more...a very good thing. If lost or stolen I would buy another one and hope it was every bit as good as this one. Get a hard shell case for this guitar...it deserves it.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Everything you've read about this guitar is true.An amazing deal on a great guitar" submitted March 19, 2012

By Chuck T in Dedham, MA
Musical Background: Play in a band
Music Style: Blues, Blues based rock, hard rock,
Overall: I've 'needed' a telecaster for a while now and didn't want to drop the dough for a MIA Tele. This CV Tele has everything you'd ever want. From the brass saddles to the amazing Alnico V pickups. It needed a minor setup, but nearly every guitar at every price needs one, so that's a non-issue. The switch is SOLID, smooth and snaps into place firmly. The tone and volume pots are smooth and work from 0 - 10, so its not just off or on. Full size pots as well. The capacitor is a little chicklet, but that's so minor it's barely worth mentioning. The tone from this guitar is pure tele from clean to raunchy dirt, it's perfect. The fretwork is well done. The tuners need a slight break in period, but work great after a week or so. And I think I may have gotten very lucky and got a quarter-sawn neck! 4.5 out of 5

"Totally floored!!! It's a Squier!!!???" submitted April 14, 2011

Music Style: Indie rock
Sound: This guitar sounds really great. If you're looking for that true "tele" sound, this guitar will definitely not disappoint. I was expecting the single-coil pickups to be noisy while playing through my distortion pedal (Fulltone Full drive 2) but the buzzing was very very minimal. Country, blues, rock, this guitar sounds great in all situations. Feature: The glossy neck is straight as an arrow. It's a seriously beautifully made and good looking guitar. Ease of Use: Plays excellent. The action and fret height was great right out of the box. No fret buzz what so ever. Quality: Cosmetically superb. I am surprised this is a Squier. I will totally take this on the road. I played it for 3 hours today and it barely went out of tune. The tuners are very decent and seem very durable. Value: GREAT bang for the buck. I would choose this over a MIM Tele any day of the week. The Wow Factor: Super sexy! I love seeing the wood grain through the finish. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this for a very long time. If this were lost or stolen a would buy another one just like it right away. I have no complaints whatsoever.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Best Deal to be had in an electric guitar, hands down." submitted May 29, 2011

Musical Background: Life-long Music Hobbyist
Music Style: No easy label
Sound: The Tele sound I wanted is right there. Feature: The quality of materials is top notch. Ease of Use: Construction is precise and solid; very resonant body; solid bridge. Quality: Can't fault it. Value: Absolutely unbeatable for the price. I want to collect all the Classic Vibe guitars. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact the company. The Wow Factor: It looks exactly like it's supposed to. Overall: I am completely satisfied with this instrument.

"Squier Classic Vibe 50s Butterscotch" submitted April 23, 2013

By bob p in myrtle beach, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 45 years...mainly a pedal steel player but double on guitar
Music Style: Varied...Reggae,Soca,Calypso,Western Swing,Country & Western,Country Rock,Blues,Classic Rock,Christian(Contemporary & Old standa
Overall: Absolutely great...Beautiful guitar....Bought my 1st Tele 44 years ago...I've had quite a few over the years...this rates along with any I've owned...can't find anything to complain about....It's keeping my Vintage Blonde Classic Vibe company.Zzounds service is first class.I am a first time customer with this guitar but i'll be back soon...for the CV Thinline !!!

"Squire classic vibe 50s tele" submitted September 2, 2012

By john shaw in leander, TX
Musical Background: Pro musician for too many years
Music Style: I play Blues,Jazz,Rock Texas style!
Overall: This is the first guitar i have bought in a long time,that I have not had to change any thing on. It plays and sounds really great. The fit and finish, in my humble opinion, is as good or better than most Fender teles I have owned. I have found zero flaws. I have played for 42 years and highly prize this guitar. Also the payment plan that zZounds offers makes it easy to get.

"Exactly what I hoped for" submitted April 13, 2012

Overall
Overall: I wanted to have the tele feel and sound without having to wade thru the varying quality of the MIMs. This guitar had such a good reputation, I decided to overlook the Squier name. I've had it for a couple months now and I'm very happy with the purchase. It's very fun to pick up and play, and even more fun knowing I didn't overpay for, if anything I underpaid for it. My only two gripes are that it did not come setup very well, the action was really whacky and the 1/4" input is super cheep and loose. But both those issues are easily fixable, I got the action just where I want it with no buzz issues and may just replace the input jack. Aces to Squier for this one.

"Fantastic!" submitted October 20, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, been in the music retail business a number of years
Music Style: Erstwhile metalhead, current blues afficiando.
Sound: Classic Tele sound! Snarls like a mean junkyard dog on the bridge pickup and a smoldering blues tone on the neck pickup. In between you get a chimey sound with enough grit to make it sizzle. Just add the smell of whiskey and the smoke filled air and you'll be bringing the heat behind the chickenwire on the roadhouse stage. Feature: True to the theme of "Classic Vibe" it's got two single coils, a thick 1-ply pickguard, and "double shot" brass saddles with string through body. A cool vintage style washer string tree, yellow tinted maple neck and an authentic pine body (just like the originals) complete the package. Simplicity defined...just as Leo Fender designed it sixty years ago. Ease of Use: I'd almost forgotten how much "fun" changing strings on vintage style top loading tuners really is. Plug it into a good ol' tube amp and play until your fingers fall off. Quality: This is perhaps the most surprising feature. Crafted in China and $350? How could this be quality? But this thing is probably the best built Tele I've seen, owned, or played in years. NOTHING on this guitar says "cheap" or "inexpensive". The finish is very heavily glossed and I've seen people give it lukewarm reviews because of that, but go on down to your local musical toy store and pick up a genuine Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster Reissue and what do you see? Yep, a heavily glossed finish! Value: You've gotta be kiddin' me! This guitar is the best value out there. Feels, sounds and plays better than most Fenders I've tried recently (Not to be negative toward the real Fenders. It's just that this guitar is that good!) Manufacturer Support: Don't know...My Chinese vocabulary barely gets me through ordering from a takeout menu, so I guess I'd be SOL if I needed to call the factory in China with any technical questions. Fender, however, is very helpful with Customer Support (via telephone. Never tried emailing 'em). The Wow Factor: There seems to be quite a variance in the finish on these. I've seen 'em with an off white finish. Some with the wood grain showing through and some more opaque. Mine is very yellowish tinted and only slightly opaque. Very good looking with the tinted maple neck. Overall: Coincidentally, this Tele arrived the same day that my special order Fender Custom Shop '60s Strat arrived. You'd think I'd be all excited about the Strat. Well, I am. But I'm equally as excited about this great Tele. So much so that I'm gonna order at least the Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster. And maybe some other Classic Vibes as well. Believe the hype. It really is that good!

"Forget the price ,Forget the label ,Love the guitar !!!" submitted September 24, 2009

Musical Background: Pro Musician ,and band leader of The Ground Zero Band
Music Style: Rock ,blues ,with a hint of surf overtones .
Sound: If you forget about the low price and the name on the headstock ,you will be in Tele heaven with this guitar !!It rated the Editor's Pick in the current edition of Guitar Player magazine . This axe has all the clean chicken picking sound ,bluesy vibe ,and the charateristic spank of a great Tele .It is a simple but extremely versitle axe ,and suitable for just about all styles of music you hear .The pick-ups are Alinco 3's and are very punchy .The straight grained pine body really gives a feel for the sound Mr. Leo Fender was trying to achieve on his first tele prototypes . Feature: I really like the pine body very much ,the pick-ups ,hardware ,etc. are really quite good quality .With the 3 position toogle ,the axe remains true to its roots .A very nice looking little package for players of any skill level. Ease of Use: A manual would be useful for a novice player ,my guitar didn't come with one ,but I downloaded it off the Squier web site .As stsated before ,it is a simple axe to use ,and with a little time it is very easy to get the tones you desire .This axe is one you won't get tired of or outgrow .It is a keeper ! Quality: I give the Classic Vibe a 9 only because the truss rod was loose on mine when it arrived .While personally this was no big issue for me (I have played for 50 years ,and am resonably competent on set-ups ),it is a project I would not recommend to a beginner .I would have a tech set the action to my liking for a $20 or so .The intonation was fine,fit and finish impeccable .I expect with proper care that this guitar will last .As far as reliabilty goes , I would perform professionally with this axe ,and defitely will use it for some tracks on our next CD. Value: This is head and shoulders above anything on the market in its price range .I truly prefer it soundwise to my American made tele!! Manufacturer Support: I don't really know as I have not had the occassion to call for service with this guitar .I will say however that my past dealings with Squier have been pleasant ,professional ,and very helpful if I needed a part ,or had a question . The Wow Factor: It hits the 50's vibe right on the mark .If you like teles ,and who doesn't,you will fall in love with this instrument . Overall: If this axe was stolen ,I would definitely buy a replacement .I know I will not EVER get tired of this guitar .I am so happy I bought this model .I think it is going to be a big seller . Looks ,price ,and performance -What more could you ask for ?

"Wow, I didn't believe the hype, but man, what a guitar!" submitted July 30, 2013

By Steven I in Chandler, AZ
Musical Background: Pro, 30+ years
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: Wow, that is the only word I can muster. Long story short, I've been playing 30yrs and all manner of American and Mexican Fenders and USA Gibson's and this is the best bang for the buck for a guitar I've ever seen, and could easily cost double for the quality. Neck needed a little truss adjustment, a little spray helped a stiff knob. The pickups are awesome and QUIET, much quieter than any other stock single coil guitar I've ever purchased, I normally gut a Fender and get some noisless etc, but surprisingly these are incredibly tame and I play with gain and not brittle at all and very smooth. I have the Blonde with the Alnico III's,(smooth, warm) the Butterscotch has Alnico V's (snappier, brighter). I'm going to buy the Butterscotch as soon as I can before these are not around anymore!

"WOW! I'm more and more impressed as I play with it!" submitted October 24, 2013

By Steve C in East Meadow, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Guitarist/ singer. Playing 48 years.
Music Style: Rock, pop.
Overall: I just got my Vintage Blonde Classic Vibe 50's Squier 3 days ago. It came in just two days - thanks Zzounds It was flawless out of the elaborate card board box it came in, a really beautifully made guitar. Both wood and hardware are first rate! I have been playing for 48 years and I have a few instruments, including an American Lonestar Strat and a Clapton Strat, and I have to tell you, this guitar is beautifully crafted, period! The neck is ever so slightly fatter (rounder) than my Strats, but not enough to be an issue. It was quite playable and sounded pretty damn good right out of the box, although the neck had a bit of a bow to it (I like mine pretty straight, with low action). I straightened the neck with the truss rod adjustment, and lowered the action and adjusted the intonation, and it played perfectly - no buzzes at all. I was a bit concerned about whether I had made the right choice with the Alnico 3 pickups. The Vintage Blonde has 3's and the Butterscotch Blonde has Alnico 5's. I read such great things about this one, but they sounded a bit weak to me, so I went online and started reading... okay, adjust the pickup heights (they were pretty low). I raised them quite a bit. WOW, did this guitar come to life! The bridge pickup got powerful and twangy, but could also rock out. The two together sounded great, and the neck pickup was warm and round, although not quite as powerful as the bridge. And they all handled distortion beautifully. If you're thinking about swapping out the pickups, try adjusting the height, you'll probably wind up keeping the guitar as it is. I can't wait to gig with it tomorrow. This guitar looks and sounds beautiful, not just for the price, but beautiful, period. Thanks to all who reviewed the guitar and turned us all on to it. I'm thinking about getting another one and making a 3 pickup 7 way strat-telecaster out of it, but this one is staying just as it is!

"This IS a Real Tele!" submitted November 20, 2011

Musical Background: Guitar - Professional
Music Style: rock,metal,classic
Sound: This is the shcoker in guitars for the past 20 years. I am a USA Guitar Only type of guy... I don't ever consider MIM, MIC or MIJ. This guitar completely caught me off guard! If you are a tele fan, you have to play this. The only thing you will have to do is get over the name on the headstock. It doesn't play good for a $300 guitar, it plays good PERIOD! Feature: The neck is star of this guitar... It is AMAZING! The pick ups actually really good. I did change them out to Texas Specials, upgraded the switch and put an oil and paper capacitor... The guitar smoke my other USA made Tele's.... Ease of Use: It is a Tele... Unmistakable... Quality: You have to completely remove the fact out of your brain that its a squier... Like I said, people that say "it plays good for a $300 guitar" are wrong! It plays good PERIOD! The Wow Factor: Looks and sound are perfect! Overall: I imagine for years to come... I would absolutely replace if stolen...

"CV-VB Tele" submitted April 23, 2014

By john cartelli in belchetown, MA
Overall
Musical Background: bassist (43 yrs) guitarist (5yrs)
Music Style: classic rock/ electric blues
Overall: I have the Vintage Blonde Classic Vibe... sounds amazing...truly can cover many many styles of music...beautiful to look at.. slight draw backs are..pine wood body is soft so easy to damage by denting. (The soft wood gives so the hard clear finish cracks... also screws will strip easier. Neck feels thicker than my MIM Strat. Because I find myself feeling conscience of this on and off while playing, it detracts from concentration. I find the neck a tad slower than my Strat Plus side- I have the Maple neck/fingerboard..which I find it easier to find positions with a lighter colored neck. Frets smooth. More room between strings(than the MIM Strat) so for me easier to chord. sustains very very well for a soft bodied instrument. This makes me question all the claims of hard wood needed for sustain. Just a Damn good looking guitar that sounds awesome for very little money. Have not needed any support so I gave it a neutral rate

"My "Blondie!"" submitted September 16, 2012

By Johnnee D in Kerrville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since I was a teen and I'm 52 now . . . do the math. I play guitar and bass both professionally and at home.
Music Style: 50's, 60's, Classic Rock, Blues.
Overall: I've never been inclined to buy a Squier ANYTHING until I saw one in a second hand music store and tried her out. And I have to admit, I was very impressed! So, after looking at some YouTube demos and further investigation I went to zZounds and made my first Squier purchase and my first dealing with this company. This Tele has become my main ax for 50's, 60's, and blues. She rocks them all! I gave a 3 1/2 for manufacture support 'cause I really haven't had to deal with them and no need. She played well out of the box and still have no complaints or issues. She looks and sounds GREAT!

"Get the best for a lot less!" submitted November 22, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: retired musician, recording engineer
Music Style: blues, jazz,r&b, funk,gospel
Sound: This guitar has met my expectations in every way. It can hang with the best of 'em. Very versitile, you can use this guitar for almost any kind of musical style. I like the way Squire captured that vintage sound in an affordable package. It's a keeper. Sweet right out of the box. The clarity and detail of the sound that comes from this one is nothin' but the truth. Feature: If you know Telecasters, it's pretty simple. The pick ups are clean, a bit average in output, but that's not a problem. The entire body, and neck finish look great. I AM going to change the original pick up selector switch to a heavier switchcraft one. I believe it'll hold up better. The volume and tone pots are smooth, and tight. Ease of Use: Other than what I stated, I'm not changing a thing. Very comfortable to play, and the action is on the money for me. Quality: I'd expect to have this as long as I'm here. I've got other axes to keep it company. I don't gig anymore, but it'll get plenty of studio work. If I needed to do live work, I'm sure this Tele will hang in there. Squire nailed on this one. No complaints here. Value: Great value for the money. Can't beat it at all. You shouldn't have to get a second mortgage on your home, or sell your car to get a decent guitar. Manufacturer Support: Can't comment on this as I never had to use them, and hope I never do. Overall: This guitar does everything I expected, and then some. If it were lost or heaven forbid, stolen, I'd would get another one, and pray it's like this one. For it's price range it's a great value. I don't care whats on the headstock, it belongs to me! I paid for it. If someone has a problem with that......take me on a shoppng spree, and buy me the guitar you think I should have.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tele lover!!" submitted June 16, 2011

Musical Background: In a band
Sound: its a good clean sound which is gd for me!! and plays well through a fender amp Feature: It only has 3 bridges so it is more basic than the stratocaster Ease of Use: Very easy to play!! almost plays itself Quality: The volume and tone bolts come lose so i glued mine on!!! its broken once when the jacksocket came out of place!! Value: Rip off got it for 220 pounds!!! but accessories (case and strap) cost more Manufacturer Support: i didnt go to the company but i went to avalon and they said it wod cost 60 pounds!! so i got a builder to fix and its been fine ever since!!! The Wow Factor: Performed at disco and all the girls were telling me how much they liked it!! very sexy

"Wow, who woulda thunk." submitted April 2, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Have played in several bands, but playing at home right now
Music Style: Southern Rock, Country
Overall: I could not believe the action and playability of this axe. The quality is absolutely fantastic. Mine is at a Luthier right now as one of the pickups went out. But hey, that can happen. This is really a fantastic guitar.

"not what I expected" submitted May 24, 2013

By Richard B in Lake Katrine , NY
Musical Background: Semi Pro, and demo recording
Music Style: Country, and rocka-a-billy
Overall: When I recieved the guitar, it was not the color I ordered, and the gig bag was backordered. I thought it would beto the tele that I owned back in the 50's. Boy was I wrong.the neck was bare wood (no finish) and the frets were sharp and rough. The tone was nothing like a real Tele.

"All You Could Want in a Guitar" submitted January 16, 2014

Musical Background: Play guitar, Drums and Keyboard
Music Style: Southern Rock, Country and some classic rock.
Overall: I purchased this guitar from ZZounds and WOW what an axe. It is all that had been advertised and more. The sound, the action, the finish are in keeping with the Fender name, even though it is the Squier. I highly recommend this guitar for all genres.

"A GREAT GUITAR AT ANY PRICE" submitted February 9, 2014

Musical Background: Drums, Guitar and Keyboard - overall about 30 years
Music Style: Country and Southern Rock
Overall: The Squier Classic Vibe 50s guitar is everything they advertise and more. The action and playability are great. I would not be ashamed at all, to play this at a gig.

When you call, mention priority code 176S-WM6N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976