When you call, mention priority code 171C-Y9YL

Rating and Reviews: Shure SRH840 Headphones

Put on these super-comfortable closed-back cans and be impressed. Built Shure tough with replaceable ear pads, the SRH840s deliver incredibly accurate sound.

Overall

"Best closed phones in the $200-$300 price class, maybe even above." submitted September 9, 2009

Musical Background: DJ, Hobbyist Musician, Audiophile
Music Style: Trance, DnB, HipHop, Americana
Sound: I'm going to keep this brief because in the end you have to listen to headphones for yourself to decide. But these sound amazing. Compared to the Sennheiser HD-595s these are way better. Compared to my Mackie monitors these are better. There are plenty of rave reviews for the 840s on the net by more experienced audiophiles than I, so go look for them if you don't believe me when I say these are by far the best closed phones in this class, and maybe also the next class up. Excellent response across the spectrum - commanding bass, supportive mids, and floating highs. Nice and flat just like monitors should be. If you haven't had phones or monitors of this quality before, prepare to be stunned at the difference. I gave them a 9 because there's always room for improvement here, but this is as good as you'll get for the money. Feature: Ok one of my main gripes with most headphones is the cord. It's either too long or too short or it gets tangled or its too heavy or too light. The Shure engineers must have put some thought into this because the cord is great. It's coiled up so it's not too long at the workstation, but easily extends to let me move around the room, to my keyboards or guitar. But somehow the coil never gets tangled, nor does it feel too heavy. The best part is you can remove the cord so if it ever does get frayed/damaged - not likely because its so well made - then you can just replace it (locks in firmly and securely though, no problem there). If you also have trouble with cords then I'd recommend these cans based on that alone. Also of note: the bendy, super-comfortable head rest. I'm not sure what the head rest is made of but you can bend it into almost any shape and it will spring back to its original form. Also has netted padding so you won't get sweaty or uncomfortable during long sessions. Very easy-to-notice color coded left-and-right marks. I gave this a 9 because of the strange design choice to allow the little wires to hang freely between the head rest and cans. In practice these will never get in the way and they aren't inconvenient or anything, but I can't believe Shure couldn't have come up with a better method. They do allow for full 180° flipping of the cans which is nice, but still odd. Ease of Use: They're just headphones so nothing to really speak of here. Must mention the easy-to-detach (but by no means accidentally detach) and free-moving cord again! Its great. Quality: Everything from the packaging to build quality to materials used speak to the famous Shure quality most musicians have come to expect from other great items like the SM58 mic. I'm not sure I would expect this guy to take a bullet, but short of that you will not be disappointed. Cord is strong and well made, plastic of the cans and head rest is very dense but light-weight. They just "feel" quality, unlike many headphones I've owned and seen. Very solid. If you can find a video of them online, hopefully the reviewer will show off how easily they bend and twist to whatever shape you want them in. I placed one of the first orders for these guys so even as an early adopter, I can't find any blemish or defect whatsoever. Value: In this price class, these are the best headphones you can buy. Manufacturer Support: I can't speak from personal experience to Shure's customer support system, but that's because I've never had a problem with any Shure product. The Wow Factor: They look really nice and professional. The pictures speak for themselves really, no disappointments there. Any musician or audio technician knows the quality of Shure products so you will look like you know what you're doing if you have them on :D I have been waiting for these ever since Shure announced them. Overall: Granted I've only had these two weeks and sound-wise they might still be breaking in (although they were very "wet" out of the box), but already I'm so impressed with the sound and build quality that I can't think of any negatives whatsoever. If they live up to Shure's usual standard of quality, I'll be enjoying them for a long time to come. Shure knew this and included extra ear pads in case yours get worn out.

"My favorite pair of studio cans! " submitted February 21, 2014

By J S in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician and engineer.
Music Style: Pop/rock, indie, singer/songwriter, alternative, rock n roll.
Overall: I have used many many different brands of studio headphones, generally the higher end stuff (Sony, Beyer, AKG), and all I can say is these hang with the best of them. Overall it's a great value. They sound great! Very balanced to my ears, not overly bright (Sony) or too much bass. What's important to me is critical listening when doing a take in the studio, especially for vocals. I want to hear the clarity, the details so I can get the perfect take. And these certainly help me achieve that goal. They also block click track bleed when recording delicate passages that my Sony's and AKG's were not good for. My other favorite pair is the Beyer Dynamic DT 70 Pro, but they are about 20 bucks more. For me it's a toss up between the two. The Beyers have nice fury ear cups that are really comfortable, but the Shure's are still comfy, but you can replace ALL the parts on them should they break, and in the studio environment, headphones always break! These are the headphones I give my clients when they come to my studio. I can't say enough good about these; other than I own 2 pairs and plan on getting more!

"A amazing headphone, that sounds great, is built solid, does not hit the wallet hard esp for it's quality, and is sooo comfortab" submitted August 15, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, audiophile, headphone collector.
Music Style: anything but country
Sound: The sound is top notch. Comparable to headphones costing hundreds more. Bass:The bass on these is excellent. These are not basshead headphones, and are not designed to be, so they wont add a layer of bass to the song/movie/game that is not there by the studio/artist. When the song/movie/game does call for intense bass, these will deliver. Running a deep bass test for subwoofers on these was very rewarding as my head was being pounded by the 40mm drivers. When the song calls for it(also depending on audio source), these can deliver bass in similar power to my Sony XB-500, except it's better quality bass, more controlled, and less sloppy. Vocals/Midrange: Vocals on these headphones are simply the best I've heard. pristine clarity, and accuracy is the way I describe it. Low voices dont sound hollow or rolled off, and higher pitched voices dont sound screechy, or tinny. One thing these headphones can do that I have not heard in very many headphones is that the midrange in these can have impact. Treble: Like bass, and midrange, the treble is accurate, and pristine. metallic tings, and dings, sound just like they do in real life. There's no harshness, or hollow, and they dont fatigue. These simply sound great. They handle soundstage very well, and are perfect for any song,movie, or game. :) Feature: The accessories are a extra set of earpads(YAAY!), and a 1/4 adaptor. They also include a leatherette bag. Ease of Use: Easy as walking. Quality: these are built very well, like 1948 buick well. The driver housings are made of thick, and solid feeling plastic, coupled to a metal core, plastic headband that is insanely padded, and thick. The cables all feel solid, and when moving them, putting them on, or taking them off, there is NO creaking in the housing or any of the parts. None. Value: When I tried them on, and gave them a listen, I couldnt believe the cost of them for their great sound. I've had $500 headphones that dont come close to these, and I've heard 1k+ headphones before. These are a great deal, and a great headphone, and they are very low priced. Which make these all the sweeter. Manufacturer Support: So far they've been good, more or less in answering my questions about the SRH840, that is the extent of my experience with their customer service. The Wow Factor: While the "sex" appeal of these are low due to their conservative exterior design. The true appeal of the SRH840's is their crazy good audio quality, which is geared towards audiophiles. These are serious music equipment, not fashion toys like Beats are. Overall: lifetime. If it where stolen, or lost I'd buy a replacement immediately. What I like most about them is the sound quality. To be able to put on a live performance, close my eyes, and let them take me to center stage. Another highlight is that these are easy to drive.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"If you are looking for high quality headphones at a fair price, these are the right headphones for you." submitted October 16, 2011

Musical Background: Recording engineer, student, etc
Music Style: Rock, Electronic, classical
Sound: Got it within two days of ordering them. They were in perfect condition. Feature: Included the headphones, the cable, the 1/4 inch adapter, and an extra pair of earcups. Not sure what more you could ask lol Ease of Use: You plug in one end of the cable into the headphones. You plug the other end into your sound source. You press play. I don't see how it could get any easier. Quality: Great frequency response over the entire spectrum. I carry them back and forth to critical listening twice a week and have yet to have any problems. Value: Amazing deal. I love these headphones, I've tried several of my classmates headphones, and I personally really enjoy mine. They are comfortable to wear, and they are honest, which is perfect for mixing and recording. Manufacturer Support: It's Shure. Which means that I don't have to deal with customer support, because they make it work the first time around. I'll update if I ever actually have to deal with support. The Wow Factor: These things are beastly sexy. They look good, feel good, and sound better. Not sure what more you could want. Overall: I have never felt remotely ripped off by any Shure product. They provide quality products at lower than fair prices. I have literally no complaints

When you call, mention priority code 171C-Y9YL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976