When you call, mention priority code 161K-SFLX

Rating and Reviews: Shure SRH440 Headphones

Stock your studio with these closed-back cans. With replaceable ear cups and cord, the SRH440s are made to last, and deliver a wide, flat frequency response.

"SHURE DELIVERS THE GOODS" submitted June 12, 2011

By a customer from netzero.net
Musical Background: professional musician/composer/arranger
Music Style: World Music
Sound: First off I would like to clarify that these phones..in my opinion...are best suited for music production. If you write your own music and are into music produciton like me, these are great as they posess a flat response and you get a very accurate representation of you mixes with minimal coloration. What you hear is what you get. They reproduce very even highs, a slight boost in the mids and good lows. If you want thundering bass, these is not for you. I write and produce my own songs and demos in a small studio apartment and I can turn these up loud at 3:00am while my neighbors are sleeping like babies. These cans are very accurate when mixing, mastering and have very good noise cancelation. I feel more confident with my final mixes now as they are very accurate. I rated them at nine because nothing is perfect....although these are very close. Feature: It comes with a detachable coiled cord..very useful to fold the cans and store them. A 1/4" adapter that screws on for added safety and a pouch for carrying your phones. The earcups are good. I've heard some complaints about fatigue while wearing them, but I have small ears and they don't bother me too much. I suppose if you have larger ears it might be a problem. Quality: They seem very well made. They are brand new and the cushioning seems a tad stiff, but maybe after theyr'e worn in they'll feel better. You can buy replacing cushions from a model up that will also fit the 440's, but I've heard that it makes them more bassey. I want mine the flatest possible for mixing and production. Even though they are well made and look tough, I take very good care of mine and I see no problem as far as quality and longevity goes. Value: I think they are reasonably priced considering their performance and I can say I am very happy with this product. I have other manufacturers headphones, but these 440's are my babies. Manufacturer Support: I've NEVER had to deal with Shure customer service because i've never had any problem with their equipment. I've owned the old ball type mics, the SM57's, SM58's, Beta's and when I saw these phones I was certain they would live up the Shure legacy and reputation. I was not let down. Shure lives up to their legacy with these phones. The Wow Factor: To me they look very professional. The color,layout and overall design are representative of the name Shure. They are a tad stiff like I mentioned earlier, but they are new and I'm sure as I use them more often they will get better. I like the detachable cord so you can store and trasport them. There is also a straight cord that can be purchased for those who aren't into coiled cords. But buy them for the sound. Overall: Them bottom line is the sound. And they sure are the BEST I've heard. I can see myself using these phones for a long time. The highs, mids and lows are very even. I actually hear things on these phones that I didn't hear before. I unpacked them and immediatly put on my YES "CLOSE TO THE EDGE" and ELP's "BRAIN SALAD SURGERY" and heard little nuances I didnt hear with the Sony V6's. They actully have a slight boost in the midrange spectrum making vocals stand out. If you want heavy bass these are NOT FOR YOU. If you want a flat response, accurate monitoring for recording and mixing your music production at wee hours of the morning with decent volume, without aggravating your wife or neighbors...get a a pair YESTERDAY.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A great buy!" submitted February 1, 2013

By Marc P in Centerville, UT
Overall
Musical Background: I do voiceover and narration for commercials and audiobooks.
Music Style: rock, electronic
Overall: These headphones are awesome! They weren't ridiculously expensive, but the sound quality is still great! Plus, all the parts are individually replaceable, so if something breaks, I can get a new part, without having to replace the whole thing!Also, they have the Shure name on them, so I know they'll last me for years to come. You can't beat that level of satisfaction!

"Not suitable for studio use" submitted February 12, 2014

By Paul W in London, NA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar and keyboard for many years. Former recording studio engineer.
Music Style: Rock, mainstream rock-pop.
Overall: I've had these for two years now and they've proved to be a total disappointment. They produce a coloured sound that flatters just about any audio signal and are therefore definitely NOT suitable for recording. Many a time, forgetting myself, I've tried to use these headphones for mixing; I get it sounding great, but when I take them off and listen through the speakers, the mix is a total disaster, with wrong tonality and terrible balance of instruments. Strangely, they have a tendency of sharpening the sound when being worn, so causing vocalists to sing a little flat. These headphones are badly designed too. The fragile wires that go to the cups are badly exposed and easily damaged; the ear cushions degrade badly with little use, and the terrible plasticky construction often causes clicking and grinding when the head and jaw is moved. For some dubious reason, there are plenty of good reviews about these headphones by supposedly 'professional' reviewers, and it was my naivety regarding these that caused me to waste so much money on an overpriced piece of averageness. These are HIFI headphones only, and totally unsuitable for studio work.

"Sonically Great phones for a great price BUT,,,,," submitted October 17, 2013

By Rodney B in Kokomo, IN
Musical Background: Long time
Overall: For a $100 these are great cans. Flat response for mixing and master and monitoring in home studios. They have all replaceable parts from ear pieces to cables. The BUT is they can get uncomfortable on top of your head. They need a bit more padding for a better fit. This to me was not a deal breaker. Auditioned lots o cans in this price range and these do what I need them to do at a great price without coloring your soun or mixes!

""Deez are the Best"" submitted January 29, 2014

By Terrill Simon in Newyork, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Yes,I play music professionally. I jam music with joy and very loudly at times.
Music Style: Na'meam,I love all kinds of music cuz,the sound is what I enjoy listening to.
Overall: My review is brought to you by Terrill Simon.

When you call, mention priority code 161K-SFLX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976