When you call, mention priority code 14PL-WP3B

Rating and Reviews: Shure Beta 58A Mic

The expanded frequency response of the Shure Beta 58A dynamic microphone can handle any vocal range, and Shure quality means years of dependable use.

"I am a satisfied owner" submitted May 22, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician, Hobbyist recording engineer
Music Style: Acoustic, Indie, Alternative, Folk
Sound: I have owned this microphone for over 3 years. The Shure Beta 58a microphone has a strong sound in live settings. I don’t need to use much gain and never feel like I am competing with other instruments. This year I started using it to record demo’s for posting on myspace page, www.myspace/pottreeandthereckless. I use the Beta 58a, the M-audio Firewire Solo interface and the garageband that came with my Mac. The combination is a nice budget but high quality set up. This mic is great for someone who wants to invest in a mic that will work well in a live and studio setting under $200 dollars. Feature: The mic included a wind stopper, stand attachment and a nice pouch. Ease of Use: Plug and Play/Sing! Quality: I use this mic daily and it is rugged enough to handle the daily wear and tear. I haven not had any problems at all since purchase. Value: I feel like this is a very affordable microphone, specifically since it can be used in both live and recording settings. Manufacturer Support: Not yet, that is a good thing... quality product! The Wow Factor: When you hold it, it has some weight to it... not like a cheap light mic... Overall: I feel like I will be using this mic for a long time, while I do hope to upgrade to a condensor mic soon for live recording, this mic is helping me record my current ideas with ease and quality.

"The best sounding mike for the value." submitted September 2, 2007

By a customer from netscape.com
Overall
Sound: If you are not afraid to the clarity and true sound of your voice this will project. Then this is the microphone for you, used by more artist than any other. Ever wonder which is the mic the lead singer of the killers uses. Then you guessed right the beta 58. Quality: Great Quality, It's a SHURE. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed it. Again it's a SHURE.

"Takes a licking and keeps on...well, keepin' on." submitted July 5, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock, country, folk, indie..
Sound: The SM58 beta is a versatile piece of equipment suited for almost all styles of singing. It is a hotter mic than the standard SM58 and I started buying them as soon as I became aware of them, as it allowed me to get the vocals across (when I was singing with rock bands) without a problem. Feature: Came with a cute little black bag and a mic clip, does that count? Quality: I think if there is anything significant to say about this mic, is that I have probably abused the living crap out of all of them and they never even flinch. Dented windscreens aside, they perform as well as they day they came out of he box. Value: Although they are pricier than I remember when I first started buying them, they are still the best 'bang for your buck' out there, especially when you consider you'll probably lose them, or it will get stolen before it breaks. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any. That warrants a '10' right there. The Wow Factor: That's such a testosterone laden question I don't even know where to go with that. Ya know, women shop here too, guys~ ;) Overall: Seriously, this mike is to singing like a Hammond B3 is to 60s music. It is iconic, and for good reasons. No mike at this price point has the performance and endurance. End of story.

"good higher end mic" submitted November 7, 2004

Music Style: christian
Sound: very clean sound, ..with good clarity and depth,..... i compared it to sm57 beta, ..AudioTechnica mic in the same price range, ..and also seinheiser, ...the sm58-beta stood out. Feature: it came with a mic clip and bag, .. Quality: looks solid and has good reputation for quality....nice typical silver shure finish ...did not notice any flaws Value: the value of this thing is probably based on whether or not you want a higher quality mic, ...you could get by with the regular sm58, ..but it's a little bit more muddier in the mid range, ... for what you get in the beta, it's worth the extra money, ..very clean and clear sound, ..good depth Overall: overall it's a very good mic, ... if you can afford it, i would get it, ..can't go wrong, .... the only other company that could compete with this mic is probably the EV's in this price range, ..otherwise, ..this is a great mic

"Worth Every Penny" submitted October 22, 2004

Overall
Sound: The Beta 58a produces clean, crisp and accurate sounds. The mic pics up my vocals perfectly, but also shuts out the other instruments in a small jam space. Handles both the hi's and the low's with ease. I also use a TC Electronics effects processor, but the Beta sounds excellent by itself. Feature: No real accesories to speak of (none needed). The most useful feature is the durability. This mic takes a lickin... Quality: Never had a problem, been using the mic for 4 years now. Like I said, the durability is unmatched. Value: On the more expensive side for a live performance mic, but you pay for quality. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. Overall: I don't plan on switching unless I go wireless.

"Great microphone" submitted November 13, 2007

Musical Background: Working cover band
Music Style: Rock, Pop Punk, Alternative, Country
Sound: Sounds great for vocals! I own the AKG D880, the Sennheiser E835, and a couple Shure SM 58s. This one sounds the best with the least amount of feedback. The sound was very natural without adjusting any EQs. I sing lead and backup and it worked great for both. For me, the AKG is hard to back off of and still get sound. Feature: Heavy duty...same as SM 58. Ease of Use: Very nice gain. Due to the supercardoid pattern, it is important to place monitors to the side and not in front. Never tried it with in-ears. Quality: If my bassist leaves the van door open (again) and all our equipment falls out on the road...I won't be worried about the microphone. Value: $150 is a fair price. It is definitely $50 better than the original. Manufacturer Support: I am very abusive and I never needed it for any higher end Shure products. (mics and wireless systems) The Wow Factor: So many artists use Shure. Overall: Of all the ones priced under $200 I own or ever used, I like this the best.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Mic for lead vocals on stage" submitted December 15, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Country/Folk
Sound: Clean-clear sound, This mic is like a ultra-sensitive SM 58. They're tough,but like any vocal mic "Never drop " Sure it will probably still work,but you take a big risk on damaging the iner components and degrading the audio quality. Feature: This is a vocal mic. Don't use it to mic drums or any other loud source. Ease of Use: Simply, turn the power down to 0, plug in the mic, then adjust the volume and mix. Quality: This is a very sturdy mic, and should handle any lead vocalist. Value: I think it's a good value and I rate it very close to German made mic's. Manufacturer Support: So far, don't need them. The Wow Factor: The appearance is very plain , but it's mic.

"Shure is still king!" submitted March 31, 2006

Musical Background: audio engineer
Music Style: contemporary christian
Sound: This microphone still kicks butt over the senheiser e935! Feature: Still a classic shure design Ease of Use: Great gain before feedback! Has a very full sound. The big difference between the beta and the e 935 is that though the e935 is tailored more for better clarity, the overall sound isn't as full as the beta. Also, when you step away from the e935, there is virtually almost no pickup, unlike the beta. Quality: For a more sophisticated sound, at least it could have had a slightly more sophisticated look, other than a slight change in color Value: the senheiser e935 Overall: Another good bang for its buck. Senheiser is trying, but still the shure mics, led by the beta, is the king of the mountain!

"You Can Be Assured of Quality With A Shure!" submitted April 26, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Artist, Sound for Picture, Sound Engineer, Mastering
Music Style: Almost all types, opera and classical excluded
Sound: I write many songs and have always used a Shure SM 58 for scratch vocals--- that is until someone broke into my studio and snatched it! Sooo I needed a replacement and decided to give the Beta 58A a try, since I had read about its performance. I have actually gone on to KEEP some of my scratch vocals when I actually record, which would have been unheard of in MY past! Feature: It would be great if this mic came with a grille (head) cover-- they should be a MUST-HAVE, but obviously not everyone thinks about the effects of condensation, etc. Ease of Use: The Shure mics are not only versatile, they can stand up against the monster recording mics! EVERYONE knows that there is not a band out there playing, from Dubai to Memphis or Seattle and all places, from clubs to outdoor venues, who do NOT use Shure 58s for their live (and recorded live!), performances! They rock, they roll, they do it all and keep every band and their fans coming back for more! Quality: Shure has been around for a long time and I hope they stay that way! I know I am not alone in my feelings. Value: Absolutely. Manufacturer Support: I had one problem, a loose wire that created a short, so after using an EV to finish my performance, the next day I called the store where I had purchased my SM 58 and they replaced my mic, no questions asked! The store where I purchase most of my equipment keeps all my warranty and service records on file (a good idea, because they also registered my equipment for me), and made sure I was well taken care of. The Wow Factor: There is NOTHING like the look and feel of an SM 58. I own many mics for different purposes, but I depend on my Shure! For SURE! Overall: Nothing will take me away from owning a Shure Beta SBA

"Shure brings the BlueLightVoice to Life." submitted December 30, 2011

Musical Background: Tribute Singer/vocalist - many years
Music Style: Jazz, rock (Sinatra/Buffett/Elvis)
Sound: I'm a performing tribute singer (Sinatra, Bennett, etc.) and own and use a Shure Super55, Beta58A and Beta57A. While the Super55 is my primary mic, I picked up the Beta58A & 57A for hosting an Open Mic night for their durability & versatility. The other performers and I have been more than impressed with the performance. I've begun using the 58A as a vocalist in my church rock band and enjoy superior performance over the "house" mics. Makes the BlueLightVoice sound smooth. Feature: Performance, durability, Looks. Ease of Use: Plug in and Croon. Quality: Second to none. Value: Didn't buy in on sale and don't care. Worth it. Manufacturer Support: Has not been necessary. The Wow Factor: If you're serious about your performance, you want the Beta58A. Overall: The Beta58A will always be in my Pelican mic box. It's second only to my Super55 and the perfect back-up for my solo performances and my number one mic when singing in a group.

"Great mic compared to many others in it's class." submitted December 26, 2010

By a customer from reachone.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Worship Leader
Music Style: Rock, jazz, electronic, gospel
Sound: Very expressive, what you give is what you get. You can hear very clearly what you are giving so you can gauge your performance. Feature: It's a basic mic. Learn how to use it. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, plug and sing. Quality: Just got it but Sure has a great reputation. Value: Didn't want to spend a lot on a mic, but would have paid more after having hear what I sounded like with the mic. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used yet but I hear Sure is great. The Wow Factor: Sex Appeal to me is how it sounds. Don't care what it looks like. Overall: Have yet to record with it but live sound is great!

"Fantastic mic at a great price." submitted November 2, 2011

By zZounds
Overall
Music Style: jazz, bossas, pop rock
Sound: I play guitar and sing in a jazz trio, and also have to do some pop/rock if a party gets lively. This mic makes my voice sound so much better than others I've had. Feedback control is good, response is warm, and when I sing right on the mic it gets even better, Warmer and fuller without any added boominess. I would definitely replace it immediately if ever lost. I got the model with the switch, because you'll never regret having one. WEll worth the little extra monewy. Value: If you want a great mic, rugged, great sound, you can't go wrong at he price Overall: I expect to be happy with this mic until I stop performing or it is lost or stolen. It is perfect

"Amazing mic!" submitted October 12, 2011

Music Style: Rock, alternative, metal
Sound: This mic is amazing! Look at it this way, shure 58 is the best and this one even better. I used it both for live and studio recording. In studio it is waaay better then many expensive cardroids. Feature: Features? The best feature is the mic itself and you dont need anything else! Ease of Use: Really easy to use. No phantom power obviously needed, just plug and play! Quality: The quality is great. It feels very solid. Plus, if you never saw, check out shure 58 test on youtube. Value: The value of this mic is way more then the price. I have beta 87, this one and 58. In my opinion, these three are the best mics. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support so far and probably never will.

"ROCK YOUR WORLD LIVE MIC!!!" submitted October 14, 2010

Musical Background: Professional vocalist, engineer,
Music Style: New country, Rock
Sound: This mic is the BOMB! I'm a professional vocalist and have used everything. I'm a high tenor, and got lost in the SM58 because of the muddy tones in it. But the clarity in the Beta58 allows me to hear my voice intimately and to not push and yell as much. That allows me to do more with my voice and not blow it out..and lose my tone. It's fun to get so close to your voice that you can play around with your vocals. I can get in and out of my registers a lot easier and do things vocally that I could NOT do with other mics. The other ones just caused me to blow out my voice and I lost that luster because of that. I've used the Beta 58 in a wired and wireless set up. I prefer the ulx series of course. It's just worth the money to upgrade to the better wireless set up. It's faster...more immediate reaction. Gives you that quick reaction you want..not sluggish at all. Check out the link to hear me sing if you're interested in what I do, and the sound and tone I prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1ON400cfA Feature: The wireless version has a mute button...which is cool...everything else is gravy. Ease of Use: What can I say..plug it in..and sing...mixing is easy...EQ etc. It just works. It's a rad work horse. Quality: The only better thing you'll find is the UHF-R that Shure has...with the KSM9 in it. But for 95% of the lead vocalists out there...you won't be sorry. Even then it's just a matter of taste mostly. Price doesn't always decide what's best for you. I've sang through a 8 thousand dollar mic and it sounded like crap compared to a $400.00 mic that worked for me..tone wise etc. So its just what works. THIS WORKS!!! If you're a professional musician and you've done a live gig and used one...you know. Value: For the best live vocal mic...$150.00 is CHEAP! Should be more like $200+ if you really think about it. The only mics that even come close to the beta 58 would be some of the high end Electro voice. but they never feel or sound right to me. I prefer Shure. Give me 10 grand to buy a live mic, and I'd by the beta 58 in a kick ass wireless set up...the ULX...or the UHF-R with a KSM-9 That's all there is to it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any from Shure. The Wow Factor: I love the blue ring around the metal mesh. It's hot. There is also that look and feel of it. It feels great in your hands....looks and feels, and sounds professional. You know it's gonna hold you through a performance. It becomes your best friend if you're a lead vocalist like I am. It sounds as good as it looks, and it's just....rockin in a live venue. Overall it just rocks. Overall: This is gonna be my life long vocal performance mic for live settings. The only thing I could see happening is going to a UHF-R set up..with the KSM-9 but once you get into the ulx beta 58 set up you don't even think that way cause it's so amazing. I ALWAYS come back to this mic. The only thing I want out of a mic is a CLEAR signal where I can hear my voice intimately so i don't have to over sing and blow my voice out....and to not have it give me crap. I Just want it to work...look good and sound great while doing your thing. Make my voice soar..and let me do my thing. =0)

"Best mics ever" submitted October 29, 2013

By Andrew A in Sand Lake, NY
Musical Background: Drummer /sound
Overall: Have worked sound enforcement, and found that the Shure Beta seris is the best working mics on the market today.Clearity, lower gain + less feedback.

"Fantastic mic" submitted November 21, 2011

By a customer from bojomusic.com
Overall
Musical Background: Play pro... playing since I was 9 years old... banjo, guitar and mandolin primarily
Music Style: bliuegrass, folk, maritime, Celtic
Sound: Really rounds out the vocals and is a workhorse. Quality: Incredibly reliable Manufacturer Support: Have never had problems. Overall: It should last forever.

"Shure Beta 58A Microphone" submitted December 2, 2012

By Tony Corner in LEXINGTON, NC
Music Style: Southern Gospel
Overall: This mike great. I use it with bose l1 compact. The clarity is wonderful. Would purchase again.

"Shure Beta 58A mic" submitted September 10, 2012

By Gary C in Aiken, SC
Music Style: Folk
Overall: Excellent mic. Have only just started using it.

Shure Beta 58A Mic Customer Review submitted July 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: its a lot easier to control the volume of your voice on a recording than cheaper mics ive used, its hard to create pops with this mic Ease of Use: if you cant figure it out then i dont know what to tell you Quality: i actuall dropped it the first time i used and it still works so i guess it can take at least one drop. Value: im starting to believe i could have gotten a slightly better mic for vocals. a lot of people are talking about some audix mics and akg mics that are really cheap around a hundred bucks- 150 that perform pretty well Manufacturer Support: they probably have good support Overall: i plan on this mic being my #1 vocal mic for the next year or two, maybe longer.

Shure Beta 58A Mic Customer Review submitted March 26, 2005

Overall
The Wow Factor: Oh its very good and has great sound, and I sing so it works great!

"I LOVE THE SHURE BETA 58A" submitted January 31, 2007

Overall
Music Style: any type of music pretty much
Sound: LOVE THIS MIC got it for christmas and I will never switch!!! It is better than any other mic ive evere used!!! I can get about 6-10" away from it and it still pics up my voice Feature: Love the features. I love how the Mic encluve a really nice mic bag an awsome clip Aa sick sticker great 2 put on a rack 2 show ur suport of Shure and a stand adapter 2 make it go from big 2 small(dont need it) Ease of Use: It is so easy 2 get great sound out of this mic. I really dont even need 2 eq it at all (yet) I would only use this for vocals because u dont need a mic this nice and this style for instruments Quality: This Mic ROCKS!!!!!!!!! No blemishes wut so ever no bad things about it It is the best vocal mic ever Value: o ya this mic is great for the price. I love the for $10 get a stand and 20' cble Manufacturer Support: Dont need any company suport because I m so gental with it even tho i jump aroud with it and scream into it The Wow Factor: This mic is such a good Mic and its a "sexy" mic 2 if u no wut i mean. its the best lookin mic ever Overall: I thin this mic will last for ever!!!!! Its an awsome mic as ive said before and I LOVE IT :-)!

"Da bomb DIGGITY!" submitted July 6, 2007

Musical Background: This and that
Music Style: Punk, Ska
Sound: I was using an el cheapo Samson before I bought this mic. When I first heard myself on this thing I freaked. I could actually hear myself. The sound is crisp and clear. Feature: It's a mic. Ease of Use: Once again, it's a mic. Quality: Seems really good. Nice and heavy. Could probably use it as a weapon. Solid construction all around. Value: Could be a little cheaper. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call them. The Wow Factor: Looks great. Overall: I dont think I'll ever have to replace this thing.

"USA's RANK 1 Beatboxer REVIEWS this microphone." submitted November 14, 2004

Musical Background: Audio Recording Engineer, Muscian, Beatboxer, Singer
Music Style: I can do anything.
Sound: Honestly, this is one of the best live mics out there, especially for beatboxing. That's when you can really test out the difference if you can beatbox really well, vocal, i mean you cant tell the difference by singing into a sm58 and a BETa, cause theres just not enough force to tell, but being Rank 1 beatboxer on www.hiphop-battles.com I definately know what I'm talking bout, cause the BETA is the ultimate live mic. Feature: um...haha no comment Quality: You can't mess with this mic! The Wow Factor: Oh man, I'd get like 10 of these if i had the money. Overall: Just the feel of the mic is great and the shape and everything.

"A GREAT LIVE VOCAL MIC WITH HOT OUTPUT AND GREAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE" submitted January 2, 2005

By a customer from NETSCAPE.NET
Musical Background: MUSICIAN,RECORDING
Music Style: VARIOUS
Sound: THIS MIC HAS GREAT SOUND WHEN USED IN LIVE APPLICATIONS. VOCALS ARE SUPERB. I OWN MANY MICS A BEYER M88,BEYER M69,BETA 57,SM58 ETC. I WOULD PUT THIS MIC IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH THE BEYER M88,PROBABLY NOT QUITE AS GREAT BUT REAL CLOSE. THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.. Feature: THE MIC CLIP THAT COMES WITH THIS MIC IS AWFUL.. IT'S TOO TIGHT AND THE MIC HAS DIFFICULTY WHEN BEING PLACED IN THIS UNDERSIZED CLIP. Quality: BE CAREFUL WITH THE FINISH ON THE MIC BODY. IF TAPE IS USED ON MIC AND THEN REMOVED YOU'LL BE RIPPING THE FINISH OFF WITH THE ADHESIVE. IT'S A NICE LOOKING FINISH BUT NO WAY AS TOUGH AS THE SM58 AS FAR AS SOUND QUALITY THIS MIC HAS NICE HIGHS AND LOWS AND WILL OUTPERFORM AN SM58 FOR VOCALS.

When you call, mention priority code 14PL-WP3B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976