When you call, mention priority code 172L-52ZW

Rating and Reviews: Samson XP308i PA System

This 300-watt portable PA folds up into its own case for transport! You get two 8" speakers, a mixer with 4 XLR mic channels and an iPod dock, and cables.

"Perfect for "grownup" music!" submitted November 18, 2010

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: Soundman / Concert Promoter
Music Style: EVERYTHING
Sound: If you are looking for a small PA for small applications - THIS IS IT. If you are looking for something EXTREMELY loud to melt people's faces off - look elsewhere! Feature: If this had a SUB OUT it would be darn-near perfect! Ease of Use: This setup is extremely simple to operate. I pulled it out of the box and had it hooked up to my computer in a matter of minutes. Quality: This unit is very well-built! ....alot better than I had expected! Value: I would definitely buy this system again. Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: The manufacturer photos of this product to not do it justice. (The speakers are very sharp looking!) Overall: If anything ever happened to this setup, I would probably replace it with the larger 500W model. (It's THAT good!)

Samson XP308i PA System Customer Review submitted March 11, 2010

Overall
Sound: Sound is really good for a smaller room, needs a subwoofer to be great though. I used this for my brother wedding dinner outside. Sound was plenty for playing in the front yard. I paired these with a yorkville 10 inch bandpass subwoofer. Now I use them for playing video games and outdoor movie theater night. Feature: Came with everything needed. The speaker cables were a little sub-par though, one of them broke right away but aftermarket ones fixed that. Ease of Use: very easy to use. Plug them in and push play. Quality: Cabinets are pretty rugged, they have been dropped a couple of times and still work great. The storage on the backs is nice too. Value: Overall I am really happy with them for the price.
37 of 39 people (94.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Unbelievable Sound" submitted October 22, 2012

By Robert W in Lititz, PA
Overall
Overall: Recently purchased the Samson XP308i PA System and was blown away with its looks and its sound. I lead a program here at our school for dads and kids, and we hold this event in our cafeteria. Acoustics are terrible, but this sound system did the trick. In fact, the man who allowed us to borrow his personal equipment each month was jealous of our new system. Everything about it is fantastic especially the portability and the sound. I highly recommend this system!!

"Samson XP308i Portable PA System, best unit for your money" submitted June 7, 2011

Musical Background: Sound Technician US Army 30 years
Music Style: All
Sound: I purchased this product to donate it to a 501C3 dog rescue group that needed a PA system. The quality of this unit for the price is great. Easy to set up for them will be perfect and easy to store. They have outside get togethers so this will make things much easier for them. The unit sounds great with my initial play. Feature: The product didn't include all the accessories I needed , but ZZ Zounds offered a package that pretty much included all else I needed to make the unit complete. Ease of Use: The unit should be quite easy for them to set up and take down. I will label all they need to tweek to make it hopefully fool proof. Quality: Product looks extremely well made. Only other item would have been maybe a cover of some sort to keep dust off. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: Not had any dealings with the company. The Wow Factor: Yes, made to look and work like I wanted. Overall: I believe that this product is perfect for its intended use. If lost or stolen, I probably would suggest that the rescue group purchase the same to replace it.

"I love this little sound system" submitted October 24, 2012

By Jason L in Newbern, TN
Musical Background: Sound gigs
Music Style: All music
Overall: I bought this sound system for smaller sound venues so I would not have to lug around big speakers and a heavy amp. After reading reviews and trying to determine if this is the one that I wanted, I went ahead and ordered and I am glad that I did. I love it, it is simple to hook up and the way that it all goes together is very useful. Oh yea, it will put out the sound and I am very pleased so far. Now remember, this is for smaller venues and such.

"the Samson XP308i portable pa" submitted October 23, 2012

By george bellefeuille in aurora, IL
Musical Background: in the entertainment industry since 1976
Music Style: comedy and various bgrnd music
Overall: man this puppy barks !...we're a professional comedy show ,magic-vent and puppets -we do noisy clubs, colleges and casino shows and this system gets every ta-freaking-da ! heard...our voices are crystal clear and the music is a thumping....thanks to the pay as you play plan we can keep up with the competition on a affordable basis ...thanks guyzz & galzz you rock

"Samson XP308i Portable PA System is well worth it." submitted March 15, 2011

By a customer from pacbell.net
Music Style: I like it all
Sound: Sound is good, I play iTunes off my iPhone and computer. May need to do some adjusting but it works well. Sometimes I wish I had a subwoofer. Feature: light and easy to pack and setup. I purchased from zZounds and got the speaker stands and microphone. If you need a inexpensive system to pump out music or for a PA system this is it. Everything was ~ $518.00. This is my first system and it works well for what I'm doing and was paied off after three jobs. Ease of Use: It does not get any easier this this! I wish Samson would pair this with a powered subwoofer of have a sub out on the mixer. Quality: This has been great so far, no issues and everything is like new. I do pack extra cables and have not had any issues or a need to use any of my extra stuff. Value: This is a great value. I would purchase it again! Manufacturer Support: Must be the best... I did call to ask about setting up a subwoofer. The Wow Factor: never thought about it as having sex appeal, it's a PA system! Overall: I will take this to all my small parties and save up for a larger 1000+W system for larger functions. But for starting out it has a lot of upside and fits for what I do 80% of the time.

"A great product" submitted July 9, 2011

Overall
Sound: I believe this is a great light weight PA system. I need a PA system I can carry with me when I fly. This system is less then 50 pounds and I can put it in a suitcase. For the size it also sounds great. Value: Its worth the selling price.

"Great Portable Sounds" submitted June 5, 2012

By Alvin A in Savannah, GA
Musical Background: none
Music Style: Everything
Overall: The system is great easy to set up and the sound is clear. I really like it we have used for over two months now. My wife uses it for Zumba and it is perfect. It is not as light as stated it is a little heavier then expected but its worth it. The iPod jack makes it ideal for Zumba and playing music for parties. I am really happy with the product.

"Amazing System" submitted September 8, 2014

By Coach P in Hazlehurst, GA
Musical Background: Dancer 10+ yrs and PE teacher 8
Music Style: Christian Rap, Gospel, Hip Hop R&B, Pop, Neo Soul, Reggaeton, Cumbia....a little of it all
Overall: Perfect for teaching classes in gym. Love the sound it produces! Very impressive! Excited to receive wireless mic to keep class engaging and fun!

"For the quality and price it is tough to beat... I'd love to hook up a sub-woofer if possible I was told it would be off the mon" submitted February 24, 2011

By a customer from pacbell.net
Music Style: I love all music
Sound: I use this with my laptop for playing music at small parties. It works well and keeps me busy. Very portable and zounds excellent Feature: zZounds made this better by adding the items I needed as a kit. Also the guy on the phone gave me great service told me what else I needed and sold it to me at a great price. Ease of Use: Very easy... this is my 1st and it was very easy to get going. So what is missing... basic use is great, I would love o know it I can add a sub-woofer. Quality: So far this is holding up well... I do want to get a 1000W system for larger outdoor events, but this fits all 50-100+ indoor parties so far and great for backyards. Value: for ~ 500.00 you can't go wrong. For what you get this is awesome and with 3 small events it's all paid for! Manufacturer Support: No experience with Support... hope to keep it that way! The Wow Factor: Looks great on the stands, the mixer works well but when it's out O wish there was a place I could put it where it would be better protected. No third party box for it. Bit it works nicely... I keep people away from me and no drinks near the table. Overall: As I grow so will my system, but I see this one filling a nice niche of backyard parties and smaller events. It's less work.

"Good system, clean design, minor changes needed" submitted October 5, 2012

By Curtis Updike in Manning, OR
Overall
Musical Background: do not play, have been a sound tech for theater and music touring for over 15 years
Overall: For the price this system is great! Good full sound, nice mixer features and clean simple design. This has a great clean sound.The construction is solid. As per a packaged unit, the design that puts the control knobs on the outside for transport....not that smart. The lining together of the speakers is kinda hokey. Not a lot of thought went into this. I would suggest the padded carry case for safety but then you are adding more money for what should be a durable easy packing system that is not. Great system, not the best portable design. Think smarter like Fender, Peavey, Behringer, etc, in making it more durable for transport.

"Samson XP308i" submitted April 3, 2012

By marc n in columbus, OH
Overall
Musical Background: veteran, semi-pro.
Music Style: surf, blues, acoustic, rock, big band, jazz, wind ensemble, etc.
Sound: Sound quality was very clean, primarily vocals and percussion (not to be overdone with 8" speakers, especially miking a kick drum). You shouldn't be overdriving in a coffee shop anyway. While an overall EQ button (speech/music) has descriptions of what the manual says they're used for, you can decide fairly quickly what setting to use for your sound. Feature: built in reverb is a very nice touch. It does have phantom power, but we didn't choose to mic anything with a condensor. The fact that you can run powered monitors can't be overstated. These are 150 watts per side, and unless that's how you're going to hear/monitor yourself, you need foldbacks to hear fully and musically. However = least useful: please improve the design of this by allowing the mixer to store INTO the cabinet. The mixer is needlessly exposed to the elements, bumps, and grinds by facing outwards. Ease of Use: the mixer is built into one of the cabs, which are connected (slid) together for ease of transportation and storage. Also, speaker cables and power cord are stored in the other cab...nice touches. It only has 2 bands of EQ, so you need to have a good sounding source to let this help you shape the sound. Garbage in, garbage out. Quality: I have many Samson products (mics, small EQ's, etc) and this does not disappoint. I've been pleased with the quality of their products in live settings. Again, be careful in that the mixer is exposed outwards, and you need to protect it, somehow. I converted a laundry bag into a PA cover... Value: Yes, A good value and product for what we needed...shop at a time where you might find free shipping or extras. Zzounds did a fine job with their price and shipping that made me decide to order from them. And I'm 'playing as I pay', which is a welcome benefit to working musicians. Thanks, Zounders.... Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Yes, it's portability, it's features (we needed more than the XP150 @ 75 wattts per side, and their largest model we've got covered with our main PA anyway). So, yes, wow to the 308i in the small room settings. Overall: Our trio (guitars+, keyboard, percussions) needed a PA for small rooms, coffee houses, etc. I researched what was specifically available in this class, and took a chance on the XP308i. We were not disappointed. Running vocals and (small) bass drum only, our mix between stage instruments and PA was excellent. The Samson gave the room a nice spread with the 2 cabinets, and built in reverb added a nice vocal flourish. We knew we needed monitors, however, so that's why I bought this PA version. We just hooked up a powered monitor for vocal monitoring, and it worked great. The instruments picked up nicely from the front vocal mikes, so our blend makes this PA a great choice for small to moderate sized rooms.

"samson xp308i" submitted February 21, 2012

By RICHARD REY in PHILADELPHIA, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally for over 15 years. I play guitar, bass, harmonica and I sing.
Music Style: rock, folk, country, blues, surf
Overall: After years of lugging around heavy equipment for solo gigs I decided to give this unit a try and I have to say that it is perfect for what I do. i have also used it for an acoustic duo and there was plenty of power and it sounds very clear. i wouldn't recommend it for a band or a large crowded bar, but for an acoustic gig at the corner bar this is perfect.

"xp308i" submitted October 30, 2012

By joseph diaz in san antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: i play guitar and vocals
Music Style: modern rock
Overall: this pa is just what i was looking for to help me with the vocslization part of my music, its simplistic design is just what expected!!

"Not impressed with the whole package." submitted November 6, 2011

Music Style: all types
Sound: Was not impressed with this product, it didnt have any low end and generally lacked power. The mixer was poor quality also. I tried this unit on a karaoke set up and had to have the gains on the mics cranked to keep up with the ipod gain on minimum, ended up with boomy vocals. Feature: This is a great little package and very light and portable with everything you need onboard. Mixer should be able to flip around for moving and storage to protect the knobs, i thought that was rather foolish in design. Love the ipod dock. Ease of Use: My 9 year old was running this in 5 minutes. Very simple very playable. Quality: Seems pretty bullit proof except for the exposed mixer controls in transport mode. The Wow Factor: The portablity draws you in, until you hear it for a an evening. Overall: Dont stop here, move on to the 500 watt model. I have heard there is quite an improvement over this one.

When you call, mention priority code 172L-52ZW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976