When you call, mention priority code 20C-DWJN

Rating and Reviews: Roland Cube Street Amp

With six amp models and eight effects packed in a 12" x 9" battery-powered package, the Cube Street is as much a portable audio toolbox as it is an amp.

"A user-friendly product that's ready to do business" submitted May 11, 2009

Music Style: 50's - 80's Rock, Acoustic, Blues
Sound: The unit has the same basic sound of the other Cubes. The Cube is one of the best practice amps on the market. I play in bands and also am starting a one man show with Mp3's. I use this for nyrsing homes, Hospital performances, things like that. It's perfect. the volume is just right for that type of venue. This is the best investment I've made in a long time! I also find it to be the ideal practice amp for what I'm doing. I can also line it out in stereo and use the cube street as my sub-mixer for quick setups. Feature: I use everything on it. Only thong I wish it had was a volume control for the mp3 input. Ease of Use: I had no problems with the functions at all. it is very simple. Quality: I see no reasson why it would break down. I was in the music retail business for years and never saw a Roland amp needing service. Roland's QC is some of the best in the business. Value: Very much so. Manufacturer Support: I've never needed support for this product, but anytime I've needed something from Roland they've always delivered. The Wow Factor: I don't think "Sex Appeal" applies. This is just the most practical purchase I've made out of all the gear I've purchased in the last year. Overall: If the Product were upgraded, I'd strongly consider it. If Roland made a more powerful version of it, I'd get rid of my small PA.

"Small and Beautiful" submitted June 27, 2008

Musical Background: Gigging Amateur
Music Style: Covers - all pre 80's to own stuff very contemporary
Sound: Quite remarkable. I am using it with a Traveler Ultralight and you can get quite unbelievable variations out of the amp. Nothing sounds bad, all good. Just pick the sound for the song and off you go! Feature: It is feature packed and nothing beats it. However, as the question has been asked it could benefit from a compressor on the guitar side and a rechargeable soultion for the batteries. Then it would get a 10! Alo, the covers are not being made availabe in the UK. Really, it should come with one because there is no doubt this amp is for the outdoors. Ease of Use: So easy to use. Intuitive and good. Perfect! Although, they could bring out a version that offered digital storage of settings so you can recall them for each song. However, it's not hard to simply use the knobs. Quality: Solid Roland build. So far so good. Tank like compared to what I have seen with Vox battery powered stuff. Value: Money well spent. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call them. Although the cover thing has irked me a little. The Wow Factor: If you do vocals and guitar, you should have one. Overall: I have two or theree bits of kit that I feel are absolute classics. This is definitely one.
50 of 51 people (98.04%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best little amp in the world." submitted October 19, 2007

By a customer from aol.com DO NOT DISPLAY MY ADDRESS
Musical Background: Professional flamenco guitarist
Sound: I owned two Mico-cubes by Roland. They were very nice, but I wanted just a little more power for my small club gigs. The Street Cube was perfect. Like the Micro cube, it did not alter the sound of my acoustic flamenco guitar when played on acoustic mode. However, it enhanced the roundness of the sound and made it richer. The two speakers, slighly large ones than the Micro cube, and the 25 per cent increase in power, really made a difference. Running on batteries (I play outside quite a bit) was a plus. It is extremely lightweight and caused no hastle transporting it. I play in a restaurant which requires me to change locations often. Taking this small amp from room to room was a breeze. I do not use a microphone. Instead, I use a stick on Matrix Guitar Tuner Pick-up, model MPU-1, which has a suction cup. I bought an extension cord for it from Radio Shack, since the cord it come with is only about 18 inches long. This little gem cost me only $14 and beats carrying a microphone. I love using this cube with the reverb all the way up, for a very romanitic sound. For my guitar, I set the treble and base controll at about 12 oclock position and the midrange completely off. It produces the sound of my guitar with no added coloring. I love this unit. A dream come true. Feature: Came with a/c adapter. Used 6 AA batteries. Controlls are nicely marked and easy to see. It has a tilt to it, facing upward toward the audience. I only wish that the controlls faced the other way so I could see them right side up as it faces away from me. You have to read and adjust the controll, and then turn it toward the audience. Ease of Use: The sound is everything. Just fantastic. Quality: Like all Roland Products, this thing is built like a tank. My Micro Cube has been 100 percent reliable and I know this Street Cube will serve me well too. Value: I would have paid even more since this is the perfect amp and has the perfect sound. Manufacturer Support: I never had a reason to deal with Roland. The Wow Factor: It is the pefect size and weight. At 5 watts, it sounds like 30 watts. Overall: My search is over. This is my dream amp for what I do.

"EXCELLENT MOBILE BUSKING GUITAR & VOCALS BATTERY/MAINS AMP" submitted February 15, 2013

By Steven H
Musical Background: Played guitar 30yrs semi-pro, busking, club gigs, ec
Music Style: 50s-,60s-70s-80s-up to current day..
Overall: I've owned this amp for about 4+ years, it's reliable & the only battery amp I've had that delivers power & vocals clarity due to built in eq, to tone the sound of your voice, just right, it's am amazing piece of kit, I wouldn't be without it, I beleive it to be the best on the market for busking guitar & vocals at the moment as I have owned & tried the Vox models..crate & everything else..& this is far superior well built, with all the effects you're gonna need, & well worth the dough..without a doubt a keeper..if you need a busking amp..go & buy it!

"Roland Cube Street, good, but not as good as the hype" submitted March 22, 2015

By Matthew C in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar, uke and bass for 20 years, piano for 1 year, touring musician
Music Style: Punk, hardcore, indie, folk
Overall: After reading all of the product reviews for the Roland Cube Street it seemed like it would be the greatest amp ever for it's size and power. Because of this fact I was slightly disappointed with the performance. I'll admit it's a good product, but it certainly has it's limitations. The amp could use some more EQ control and doesn't have much to offer in low end. These were issues I was skeptical of before I purchased the product. Roland has a new line of the street series where they apparently have made improvements with these limitations. This is a very crafty amp, easy to carry and perfect for the street musician with a acoustic guitar and a mic. Artists who have a slightly more complex set up might want to look into something with more power and more EQ options. I wish Roland could make theses products a little bit cheaper, I would feel much better paying $200 new than I would $300.

" Roland Cube Street Battery-Powered Amp " submitted March 25, 2015

By Danny Z in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years+, professionally.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Blues, Country, Metal
Overall: This is the first little practice amp I have ever purchased. Most of my amps have all been halfstacks and i have always had a small combo just to jam on and practice with at home. So I finally decided to get something small but portable. I wanted something that was both lightweight but yet packed a punch and had decent tone and I could use with my MP3 player to jam with. The amp has all those qualities and the tone is really decent as well. It has some great cool little features with the effects settings and you can get some very cool sounds out of it. I have yet to use a mic and combo it with an acoustic but I think it will sound rather decent when I do. The amp is very lightweight (about 8 lbs or so, It says it weighs 11 lbs but it feels much lighter) and you can lug it around anyplace so long as you have some AA batteries around. The JC clean channel has a bit more of a Treble tone but is very similar to the Acoustic SIM setting. Add a little bit of chorus to either of those and you have a great clean sound. The Black panel setting and the British Combo settings seemed a bit weak for my taste but the STACK settings sound really sweet. There is an option for a pedal that you can get for the amp but I don't see that being helpful if you are just rehearsing. I'd recommend it for a live gig but not just to practice with.

"Roland Street Cube Amp, Great little amp" submitted July 3, 2014

By James Haney in Chaffee, MO
Musical Background: Play at Church, Bass, Rythm guitar, Song leader at times
Music Style: Christian southern Gospel, Country (Real Country) some blues, love to sing for whoever will listen :)
Overall: This amp is awesome, yeah I know an overused word, but come on, an amp that I can pack around with me store in my motorhome when on the road, its great to practice with and small gigs. You can plug a mic and an instrument, yeah I even played my bass through it. And it can operate on 6 double A batteries. Really shocks people when I set the amp on a picnic table and plug in a mic and a guitar, turn it on and watch them start looking for the cord :)It says it will do 14 hours on 6 AA batteries, haven't tried that but I have ran it for a couple of hours and didn't notice any change in output levels.Bottom line, I love it for what it is and what it does, and come on, its a ROLAND.Only reason I didn't rate Manufacturer Support is I haven't had a reason to contact them.

"Roland Street Cube" submitted October 16, 2014

By Shon Rondestvedt in Houston, TX
Musical Background: played @ 25 years
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal
Overall: I've played guitar for many years and have owned many amps, but this little amp just flat out ROCKS. I play a lot of hard rock and metal and have never been able to get that sound out of a small amplifier with out the aid of a pedal. But this one nails it.

"It really is a 5-watt PA for voice/guitar." submitted May 8, 2009

Overall
Sound: I had to try this unit out in the store before buying. I could not believe that 5 watts (the same power rating as the micro cube) was going to drive the Street unit sufficiently. Previously I thought any busking amp would have to have at least 15 watts. To my amazement, I was wrong. This really is a 5-watt PA box. I only just purchased the unit and it will be getting an outdoor rundown this weekend. But I plugged in a mic and guitar last night, and the sound is almost too good to be true. I believe part of the mystery may be in that the unit has no low fundamentals below a certain freq that I can hear. You won't hear a bass-y fundamental on the guitar low E string. You can hear the notes fine, but this is definitely not a unit for bass. I haven't tried keyboard but at this point I wouldn't recommend it unless at low volumes. A *little* more "oomph" in the low frequencies would make this a 10, but I think we are up against physics in this case. The FX sound great - another factor I previously thought gimmicky for a battery amp. A Shure Beta mic through this unit sounds crystal clear. Feature: They've pretty much thought of everything - if - you are a guitar/voice busker type, this Roland Street is the holy grail. There is a hybrid XLR/1/4" input on the mic side, so you can alternatively run two instruments also. Ease of Use: Haven't yet had to look at the manual... Quality: For now a 7. This unit will be getting a lot of use, so if I run into problems I'll post another review. Value: This is the only unit that does what it does, so the value is relative to that - however you could buy two micro cubes with cash to spare for what you pay for this unit - for $50 more you could be looking at a Crate TX-50 Limo. So I'm rating the price a bit high. Manufacturer Support: Neutral at this time The Wow Factor:
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Roland Cube Street Amp Customer Review submitted December 8, 2007

Sound: The sound is excellent - the amp models are pro quality. The sound is also clear and very loud, for both the guitar and vocal channels. The effects are brilliant. Feature: Features wise this can't be beaten. You get all your different guitar sounds, plus a built in tuner, plus a vocal channel with effects, plus an input for a cd/mp3 player etc. Ease of Use: A monkey could figure out how to use this, it's that intuitve. Quality: It's built solidly. Overall: The only downer is the battery life. The manual claims the batteries last up to 15 hours, but for the sort of volume you're going to use on the street, you'll get no more than 3 or 4 hours use even with the absolute best batteries. Roland should take their 15 hours claim away and put in a built in battery that you can recharge overnight, much like the Crate busking amps.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-DWJN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976