When you call, mention priority code 173W-SF14

Rating and Reviews: Rode NT2A Variable Mic

The Rode NT2A invokes the silky-smooth spirit of the legendary microphones of the '50s and '60s, with the benefits of modern technology.

"Weel worth your money." submitted April 24, 2011

By a customer from thesignaturemediagroup.com
Music Style: House
Sound: I use this product primarily for vocals and I like the way it sounds. Feature: This product came with a shockmount and a pre-mounted pop filter. The mic itself has cutoffs and is multi-directio0nal which I'm sure serves its purposes as an all-around microphone. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Pretty simple. Comes with a DVD with some insights into useage. Quality: This thing is solid, has weight to it. Not a flimsy microphone. Good quality. Well built. It is cosmetically appealing as well. Value: Go get this mic, you will not be dissappointed. Manufacturer Support: Not sure, haven't had the need to use them. The Wow Factor: Wouldn't have bought it otherwise! Overall: Will definitely keep this guy around. It is definitley a nice addition to any mic collection. Can't beat it for the price.

"You can't beat Aussie Babes and Beer for inspiration to do a totally superlative job designing, manufacturing and marketing thes" submitted March 16, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Full-time musician formerly with Ray Charles touring band/Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Any
Sound: Yes it does sound a bit like a Neumann 89. The edge-terminated HF-1 Capsule makes it more like a 414. The Neumann's have center-terminated caps. I've used it on many sources: Spaced pair omni, Blumlein pair (crossed figure of eight), Piano, Drums, Voice, Sax, Trombone, Strings, Clarinet, M-S stereo, As the mid in a Decca Tree with two 414's. It's very versatile. I have produced several CD's with these mics basically covering styles from classical chamber music to jazz and pop Feature: The features are terrific. As stated before, the multi-pattern settings are silently switched and easy to operate. Sometimes the switches can be changed without noticing so make sure to check the settings before hoisting it up 15'. Ease of Use: Just that the switches are a little too easy to operate and you have to double check them. Quality: Excellent construction. They're made in Australia where they make the best beer and have extremely beautiful women, strong support for the arts in a non-pompous manner and lots of beaches. The Aussies have blown the Chinese out of the water. It's Neumann quality for sure. Value: Worth more than any mic under a thousand except maybe the older AKG 414's Manufacturer Support: A big fat N/A! I have heard of their great support and ten year warranty and have never needed it. I own 6 Rodes along-side my Neumann's and Akg's. 2 K-2's, 2 Nt2-a's and 2 Nt5's w/optional omni caps. They have all served extremely well with not a moments problem. The Wow Factor: They are solid and never screw up. The design is sleek and under-stated and reflects the integrity of the Australian people as a whole. Overall: I plan on using all of my Rode mics forever. When they come out with a Stereo version of the K-2 (K-24), I'll buy that ASAP. Basically an AKG C-24 with better specs. They will corner that market. I'll be first in line and buy two.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"such nice sound" submitted March 29, 2012

By Esther L in Centennial, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 13 years, guitar, piano, violin, voice, ukulele, drums, etc. Mic used for recording at home.
Overall: This mic has such a nice sound. I was originally going to buy the NT1A, but I'm glad I went with this - the different switches record different sounds, and I can truly find the best sound for whatever room or instrument is being used.

"Upgraded to a RODE...very impressed" submitted October 1, 2010

Musical Background: Engineer, Producer, Artist
Music Style: Hip Hop/R&B
Sound: I was a bit nervous about buyying this budget friendly mic at first. I didn't think it would live up to the U87 comparisons I've read but believe me, it definatly can hold it's own. Beats the hell out of the TLM 103 and my Blue Baby Bottle. Very flat, warm and full recordings on male vocals. It's got a smooth presence to it. Not brittle like the TLM 103. Coupled with my Joe Meek OneQ, which is another underrated preamp in my opinion, this microphone is out of this world. Simply put, I was blown away. Well worth the money. Feature: I hate mics that do not include a shockmount. But the HPF siwtches, pads, omni, cardioid and figure 8 switches are a huge plus. Ease of Use: Plug and Play Quality: Amazing Value: 400 bucks for this piece is a steal. They could get away charging a good 1,200 for it. The Wow Factor: Very solid mic with nickel plated finish on it. Dope
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"One of the best microphones in the world!!!" submitted October 17, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Engineer/ Hip-Hop artist/ Active Classical Musician
Music Style: Hip-Hop and Classical (possibly Ambient too, and experimental)
Sound: Sounds so warm and smooth. The quality can be compared to microphones such as the Neumann U87, which is amazing. The best Rode since the NTK, in my opinion. Sounds great live and perfect for Hip-Hop, Pop, RnB and instrumental recording as well. Mine came with the shockmount, which was very good. Feature: What doesn't it have? Its a Rode version of the N.U87 Perfect for everything that I have used it for so far. Ease of Use: Plug-in and have fun, just connect it to the mixer/interface (obviously something with phantom power) and then have fun. Even a beginner musician/engineer will find this simple to use. Quality: Looks beautiful, feels nice and heavy. The design is simple, yet pretty. Once you see it, you know it's a Rode product. Value: 10 times cheaper than the U87? The Rode company must be high, quickly buy this and enjoy this. Best value in the market, nothing is as cheap and as good. Manufacturer Support: I had this imported from Germany (which had it come in from Australia) and everything worked really quickly and I've received all the support I needed, I can also get an account at the Rode's website, which isn't important to me now, but could be helpful to many. The Wow Factor: YOU NEED THIS! Overall: Overall, this is generally one of the microphones I have worked with and it feels great. Amazing quality and brilliant value. Get this if you're a musician/engineer/voice-actor or whatever, it's a steal. The Australians are wrestling the Germans in the microphone race, and it is absolutely exciting.

"NT2A - the way to go!" submitted August 24, 2009

By a customer from telkomsa.net
Musical Background: Guitarist, vocal arranger, recording engineer in training
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Excellent sound! Ease of Use: Very easy to use/understand Quality: Good workmanship Value: Best value for my money spent Manufacturer Support: Website is very helpful The Wow Factor: Great features Overall: Just bought the NT1-A

"Rode NT2A Variable Pattern Microphone " submitted January 19, 2014

By Fitzpatrick Onyenaucheya in Missouri City, TX
Musical Background: MC and Self taught audio engineer
Music Style: hip hop mainly and venture into other genres
Overall: I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

"What you get is much more than what you pay for." submitted October 27, 2006

Music Style: Classical
Sound: The sound is amazingly pure. Very neutral, so very "factual" sound. Feature: There's no shockmount included, but that's what keeps the price low. There's no handmade cherry box like Blue Bottle, but that costs more than ten times more. But it does include built in polar controls, so that's really useful. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Extra controls built in on the mic increase productivity. Quality: It amazed me. Completely metal construction and no flimsiness whatsoever. Perfect fit and finish. Value: The best value in the industry. Manufacturer Support: LOL, didn't need support.

"Silky, Smooth, Warm & Upfront" submitted May 10, 2006

Musical Background: 9 Years
Music Style: US RnB like Joe, Mario, Usher, etc.
Sound: This multi pattern condenser sounds very silky indeed. I just sold my AT4047 to fun this mic, and with the savings i bought a Focusrite Voicemaster Pro mic pre. This is one killer sounding mic on male vocals. Its smooth and very flattering, almost like a tube mic. I love apply gentle +1/-1db cuts and boosts of Eq (on the Voicemaster) to shape the sound just the way i want it. Its very responsive to effects and thats what shines about this mic. I'm using it to record male vocals for smooth RnB vocals. I love the Voicemaster with this mic, as i can go through the various stages of processors to get a very polished sound on vocals. Compared to my old AT4047 (a very underated mic), this mic blows it away for smoothness and overall sound quality. This mic is also quieter, and feels much more solid. Feature: I think its safe to say that this mic is Rodes version of Neumanns U87. It costs 10 times less, and performs just as good, if not better. I an busy mix it would be difficult to pick the best mic, but in solo the NT2A sounds much more flattering without any eq or other effects. The multi patterns are brilliant and just like the u87 you can switch from one to the other without any cheap artifacts like chinese mics with multipatterns. Ease of Use: Its pretty much a plug and play mic, although i wish it came with the shockmount that the K2 comes with. I use the clip instead, which does the job. Quality: The build quality of this mic is superlative. Its solid, and free from any housing noise. The mic is well engineered inside with zero clutter (think Apple G5), and it feels heavy and looks impressive. The gold plated XLR is a bonus as well as solid polar pattern switches. Overall i love this mic to bits. I paid a very low price and may just pick up another or get a K2 tube mic instead, or another brand like the Neumann TLM 103 for a different flavour. Value: Worth every cent, this mic is worth 5-10 times its asking price, no kiddin. Its much better than the old NT2, infact its a different mic all together. The top end is much smoother and not ragged like so many other mics. Manufacturer Support: I have use Rode support in the US, and they are fairly good. I was told that Rode mics now come with 10 Years of warranty. The Wow Factor: The look of this mic is very slick, its not big and bulky like all the far east mic, but its a heavy mic - you need a good mic stand. It looks and feels solid, and should last for decades if kept well. Overall: A superb mic and probably the finest sounding mic in its class and 10 times more. It beats the Soundelus U195 anyday of week for vocals, its much better than AT series mics, much better than any SE mic i have tried, and it holds its own weight with much more expensive mics from Europe.

"Formidable performance Vs very low cost" submitted January 1, 2006

By a customer from libero.it
Musical Background: recording musician
Music Style: classic, jazz
Sound: Very clean with a little enphasys on 4 KHz, incidentally very useful for distant miking

When you call, mention priority code 173W-SF14. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976