When you call, mention priority code 15H0-XQB1

Rating and Reviews: Moog Music Slim Phatty

Designed for the space-conscious musician, this is the answer to all your analog synth needs.

"You are missing out if don't get one." submitted April 20, 2011

Music Style: Ambient/experimental
Sound: As analog as it gets today Awsome bass sounds...I mean really...KILLER!!! Easy to use, sturdy construction, VERY fun to play with. great for LFO soundscapes, run it through a roland space echo!!! A few minor issues to deal with. As with all analog synths, let it warm up for a few minutes. Sometimes the OSC section and Filter go crazy and invert/sustain forever, cycle the power and the problem is solved. Can't say I'm crazy about the USB/software, I never could get it to work. Feature: Pretty bare bones in this department ADSR Env Generators Filter section (cutoff, res, KB, EG, OL) 2 Osc (4 oct, wave, level, freq, glide, 1-2 sync) modulation (LFO 4 waves filt env, osc 2) plus destination control (filter, pitch, wave, osc2) ARP, cv gates, midi in out/usb in out Ease of Use: super easy Quality: built like a tank Value: Compared to the "analog" synths out there today, this the only one worth buying. I love DSI, but there is no comparison. Manufacturer Support: Great I guess, never needed it Overall: I will have this for years. My next purchase would probably be another Slim Phatty...it sounds awsome poly chained!

"Memories and Dreams" submitted November 21, 2013

By Bob H in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Composer, sound designer, multi-instrumentalist, home-recording advocate and enthusiast
Music Style: Cross-genre electronic/electric/acoustic weirdness. Or something.
Overall: In early 70's, my older sister took me to meet a friend of hers, a guy whose living room contained more than a couple synthesizers. It was a dazzling experience, though the memory faded over time. I was just a little too young for what was being shown to me. Nearly 40 years later, I'm looking at a video on youtube - a demo of the unfortunately named Slim Phatty - when quite suddenly, the image of a hand turning a dial returns me to that memory and I realize that the synths in that guy's living room were Moogs. Since Moogs were always infinitely beyond my budget, I had put the idea of ever owning one right out of my head. Thanks to Moog Music and Zzounds, I now own my first Moog. And wow; it's a powerful, versatile and extraordinary instrument. Incredibly fun, too. The sounds and filters and - well, there's already tons of tech reviews and demos out there, and I suggest digesting as much of it as you can. Listen to the sounds and watch all the videos and choose wisely, grasshopper. It's still not cheap, but what price can be put on the resurrection of a cherished childhood memory, and the fulfillment of a dream? On a deeply personal level, I could not be more satisfied with the product, or the folks at Zzounds and their consistently friendly and professional service.

When you call, mention priority code 15H0-XQB1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976