When you call, mention priority code 16K7-KMBG
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Nova Microphone

Ensure all your recordings remain faithful reproductions of the source with this mic.

Overall

"Good Job, M-Audio for Producing Excellent Professional Condenser Mics." submitted November 1, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: Good SPL level, dynamic range and transient sound reproduction. Feature: Ok. No low cut switch/-10db pad.Could be better. Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: Strong, robust built with good material engineering for durability added. You would know this mic takes the beating from the extreme usage and loud singing. Good mic for vocals and guitars. Value: For below hundred bucks, you get close to RODE mic quality. What else matters. Manufacturer Support: Friendly and Good The Wow Factor: Want it of cos. Overall: This mic though new but has established its brand name in comparison with big brands like neumann, rode and AKG. I will buy back the same one if this ever gets lost, stolen or spoilt(Trust its quality is lasting, no doubt). Good Job, M-Audio for providing professional quality condenser mics, at an unbeatable price.

"A workhorse that can do it all!" submitted February 15, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Progressive, Jazz
Sound: I'm not a studio professional but this mic sounds wonderful to my ears! I bought it mostly for acoustic guitar but also planned on doing some amp micing and vocal work with it. I've found that it has done all of these with great results! Feature: There are no pad switches or anything like that, it's a plug and go mic, which I like. While it would be nice to have different patterns to choose from so far I haven't found that I need them. Quality: This thing is a miniature tank! I can't believe how heavy duty it is and the screen is double mesh so it's not cheap looking. The whole mic is very nice. Value: This is a great mic for someone like myself who's venturing from a cheap Radio Shack mic to this big world of recording. I bought my used so I got an even better deal than buying it retail. The Wow Factor: It looks very professional, it sounds very professional and it's only $99, what more could you ask for? Overall: If you're wondering whether or not to get this mic chances are that you need it. If you're a professional you're going to get something more expensive (the merits of doing so are questionable however) but if you're just getting started like myself into the world of digital recording this is the work horse for you.

"Love it! Great for quick set-up and very versatile." submitted February 13, 2010

By a customer from mail.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: A great(!!) sound for the price. Use it on almost anything. I've used it on vocals, guitar cab and acoustic guits. It does have a bump in the high end but it's not too pronounced and actually sounds quite good. I havent noticed much noise at all and its a very clean sounding mic. Feature: No features really. Comes with a soft case and stand mount (the stand mount seems to be a bit "flimsy" but it does the job required). "Class A" circuitry apparently and large gold diaphram. No pads, filters or changeable pattern settings but I dont really care about that stuff - at least with this mic anyway. I have good pre-amps with pads and eq on my desk. Ease of Use: Easy as! Stick it on a stand, plug it into a pre-amp and thats it. Thats really what I like about this mic. It can be set up very quickly and you can pull a good sound without really doing much at all. Plug it in a get a great sound almost instantly. Quality: Looks great - nice smooth, shiny finish and feels very solid, kinda heavy. Another great thing about this mic. It feels like it could be knocked about a bit - not that you would want to of course - so I love it as an all-round quick set-up mic for everything. For the money, I'm not "as" worried about wrecking the thing when moving it from vocals to cab to acoustic guit or whatever. Value: Crazy! Awesome value! I'll be getting another one. I'd like to use them as room sound mics on drums. You just cant beat the value of this mic! If you're thinking of getting a low priced condenser this is the one. Forget Behringer or Samson or anything else. Manufacturer Support: I've owned this for about 4 months and not needed customer support so I dunno about this one. The Wow Factor: Looks good, feels good and sounds good. Not many features so I guess in the "sexy" stakes it's not right up there but it does an awesome job for the price! Overall: I'm very happy with this mic and would recommend it to anyone - budget or otherwise. I'd get another if it were lost or stolen. A great mic to have in the kit.

M-Audio Nova Microphone Customer Review submitted December 27, 2009

Sound: I own other condenser mics like AKG and Rhode. This Nova mic costs 1/3 of those mics and can stand up well in a side to side comparison. I don't know how they do it for so little money but if you are looking for a really nice vocal or acoustic instrument mic for recording get one of these. Note: it needs phantom power so make sure your board or recorder has built in phantom power or you will also need an addition phantom power source.

M-Audio Nova Microphone Customer Review submitted January 18, 2005

Sound: coming from a $4.99 radio shack mic to this one is a true difference. I was going to get the MXL 990 but this one is truly a better buy. The range you can get on this mic is almost perfection!

M-Audio Nova Microphone Customer Review submitted December 29, 2004

Musical Background: program beats /rapper/ producer
Music Style: acid rap/hip hop / rock
Sound: perfect for recording vocals .very compatible for any rapping style or r&b singing . rigth now i'am using it with a tascam us-122 interface with cakewalk homestudio versions 2 & 2XL . i have been very happy with its performece. m-audio (nova) is great for anybody who's doing any type of recording at home . I GIVE IT A N9NE . Feature: HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality: IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! IT'S SEXY!!!!!!!!! IT'S CRAZY!!!!!! IT'S COOL!!!!!!!! Value: IT'S ALL GRAVY !! Manufacturer Support: NAH!! The Wow Factor: TIGHT!!! Overall: IT WILL HELP ME AND HUNDREDS OF OTHER PEOPLES WITH OUR MUSICIAL GOALS.

"A Ton of Quality for a C-Note." submitted August 4, 2006

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: Guitarist & Podcaster
Music Style: I play finger picking blues, but I love to listen to funk and jazz.
Feature: No buttons or on/off switches... Nice. Plug and play makes for one less headache when trouble shooting a sound system. Has a standard Cardiod Pattern. Be sure you can deliver +48V phantom power to the mic. I wish it came with a shock mount, but the mic mount that comes with it works fine, so why am I complaining? This is perfect for a home podcasting studio. Quality: The word "Tank" comes to mind. If the components on the inside are anything like the casing on the outside, then this microphone truly is a tank

When you call, mention priority code 16K7-KMBG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976