Shipping to APO/AFO? See only products that ship to
[x] close
When you call, mention priority code 1400-PQ82

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Spider IV Stack

Matching an HD 150 MK II and Spider 412 cabinet, the Spider IV half stack truly is stacked with loads of amp models, effects, and artist-created presets.

"Amazing amp!" submitted November 25, 2012

By Steven M
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 5 years I play guitar bass and piano and I play with my band about once a weekend.
Music Style: Everything. Mainly alternative grunge
Overall: I bought this amp about 6 months ago and I absolutely love it. I will start off with the things I dont like. They arent big things, but I want to mention them. First of all, Its REALLY heavy. Im by no means a body builder but im not weak, and its not an easy things to lift up and down the basement stairs every weekend when im gigging with it. Also, the other problem is that its really loud. Its perfect for a gig and you will never have to be worried about being heard but if your gonna buy it, buy a set of ear muffs too because when your practicing with your band you are going to be deaf by the end of the day. The real problem is that it doesnt seem like you can get it to go low enough, even at the lowest volume setting its still really overpowering. But like I said its perfect for gigging. In fact ive been to a gig almost every weekend for the last 6 months and it just keeps on chugging even after being thrown in and out of the back of my truck it still holds up without a ding or a scratch on it. Its a really solid built amp and if your looking for something loud thats going to hold up to constant gigging I would highly reccomend it. Especially for the price.

"WOW ,Can't keep my hands off it" submitted June 8, 2013

By Billy copen in jackson, MI
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, jam with friends , record, do my own thing
Music Style: rock, blues, heavy,&death metal
Overall: first , i would like to say thanks to zzounds , I have never had a problem with theses guys, Now for amp., I can't keep my hands off it, It has more tones then i will ever use, but i must say, make sure you have your volume down on your guitar before flipping the dial, or your going to get a rude awaking , Its a vary well built amp, and cabinet , heavy ,the 4x12 speakers, you will no problem being heard, i wish it came with rollers, Now i have 3 line 6 floor pods in my basement already,and i find myself on this one more,i can adjust tone corrections more on the floor pods, but none of them have the different band tones,like this one, and i have a 400 hd, and this one is easy to move, packing up my pa system, can be a pain sometimes, all i can say is you will not be disappointed, by the price, and sound , just make sure if your inside, nail stuff down, the walls will be shake"in,

"Dude!..." submitted November 8, 2013

By Cory Hocker in Weed, CA
Musical Background: 20+ years Guitar, bass, drums, keys, and vox
Music Style: Metal, Thrash metal, Doom metal, Stoner metal/rock Country (bob wills ,asleep at the wheel etc) Blues Blues/rock Funk, Regae and
Sound: I play Thrash metal in a band currently, as well as I play country and blue grass as well as blues and top 40...this covers ALL bases quite nicely with most tones straight out the box and no tweaking!...I will be requiring the short board however as for my eclectic playing style(s) it is a must! Feature: tap tempo, looper, tuner,...well played sir! Ease of Use: turn the power switch to the 'on' position. Quality: well built like a effing tank! Value: easily could have spent several times more on tons of separate gear to be able to do what this unit accomplishes all by it's lonesome. Manufacturer Support: not so much. The Wow Factor: Honestly, it's a 'plain jane' not much to look at, and so far has garnered a few negative remarks and attention among the uber cool tubites and tone aficionados such as "oh why'd you waste your money on a modeling amp?"...until I crank it up and melt their faces off! Overall: ...I had a tremendous amount of pre-buyers remorse on this one, as I was low on funds and a 'real' amp is or would have been out of the question...I had narrowed it down to two with this and a Peavey Valve King being my to most likely choices. I have never been a big fan of Peavey as I find them a bit too bright but it was a 'tube'amp' and I am kind of a tube guy...for some reason however, I choose to go with the Line6...lemme just say that having played on many awesome tube amps, this is perhaps one of the best amps I have ever played tube or no tube THIS EFFING THING KICKS! if you can't find a multitude of workable usable damn right amazing tones to work with out of this, then A. you're just lazy or B. you cannot be pleased and have no interest in living.

"AMAZING AMP!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Greg W in Bassett, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since I was 7. I do not play professionally but as a hobby and for my own personal enjoyment.
Music Style: Mainly rock and blues.
Sound: People have complained about the sound having a little breakup to it at high volumes but this can be remedied by keeping channel volume low and cranking the master volume. Sound quality is amazing. Feature: I can not think of any use for the alien talkback setting other than playing some really funky sounds through it. But hey, I'm sure someone will like it. Ease of Use: Warning!! There is a learning curve with this product. There are so many settings it would take you forever to go through them seems like. Quality: This product is sturdy, looks to be made well, and it built like a tank. Heavy. Value: This item is a steal when compared to other products. You will not find another amp line that has this many features incorporated in their product for the price. Manufacturer Support: I have not had a need to deal with them yet. I like the fact that they continually update their products and have a way to do so online. The Wow Factor: Personally I like the way this product looks. The sounds are amazing. Just to have so many effects to choose from saves you a ton of money in buying pedals. Just buy the amp and you are done. Presto! Any sound you want right out of the box. Overall: Sure it is an SSD amp but technology has got so GOOD that you can not tell much of a difference (if any) from the tube versions of the amps that this amplifier models. The amp seems well constructed and is extremely heavy for one person to lift. I have had this product for a couple weeks now and am still trying to figure out what in all it can do. If you can think of any sound you can most likely dial it in with this amp. I bought this amp for it's versatility and from watching countless hours worth of videos on youtube. I added the FBV MKII Shortboard to go with it so I will most likely not have to buy another amp for a very long time. For the price you simply can not buy another amp that gives you this many features and wide range of sounds that the Spider IV offers. Not to mention Line 6 continues to update their products from time to time. I downloaded the firmware upgrade from Line 6 after I bought it and it added way more effects than what comes with it. Buy this amp. Don't hesitate just get it. You won't be disappointed.

"Line 6 Spider IV HD150 & 4X12 Halfstack" submitted October 4, 2011

Music Style: Progressive Metal, Thrash Metal, and Effect Metal
Sound: Very original transistor sound probably the best transistor amp I've ever played. Has a very bad popping and fuzz noise at high volumes, but poverall its multiple effects and presets definetly gives it the famous LIne 6 sound. Feature: No accesories came with this amp but the multiple effcts, presets, as wellas the MP3/CD jack in the back is perfect for when you want to play along to songs. Ease of Use: IT is very user-friendly for being so complicated as head I've never seen so many different built-in effects its amazing. The twist knobs that allow you to switch between multiple channels and effects at the same time is awesome. Quality: Line 6 has been known for its amps and effects for recording. With that said this amp represents everything that has ever been said about Line 6 and it takes the Spider amps to a whole new level. Value: For a halfstack this product was really lowpriced, but I think that other halfstacks that you buy you are mainly paying for the name of the amp not the amp itself this amp is definetly worth $700 dollars, but probably not anymore than that unless Line 6 can get their name out there and become a bigger more widely known company. Manufacturer Support: I called in to the company to buy this amp and I was on the phone with an employee in no less than 5 minutes. Although I haven't tried to contact the company since then its still working just fine and upgrades can be made straight from the internet by a line in cable. The Wow Factor: First time I ever played this halfstack I was in love I didn't want anything else because its sound was perfect for every kind of music I play especially the effect metal, which is basically like Rage Against the Machine's sound. Overall: Very satisfying product best amp that I've seen Line 6 make, its user-friendly, sounds amazing except when it is turned up incredibly loud then the head starts to pop and fizz, and the looks are great the chrome really makes the jet black look cool.
29 of 32 people (90.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"(:" submitted July 6, 2014

By michael rodriguez
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing the Drums for about 4 years now and have decided to give another instrument a try. I play almost everyday !
Music Style: Metalcore , post hardcore, melodic hardcore, djent hardcore, christian, pop punk,
Overall: By far the best Amp I've ever played, if your a musician that wants to get technical with sound and music then line 6 is your choice.

When you call, mention priority code 1400-PQ82. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976