When you call, mention priority code 20B-C7XS

Rating and Reviews: Lexicon Alpha Interface

This USB audio interface boasts an XLR mic input, 1/4" instrument input, dual TRS I/O, headphone and RCA outs -- plus Cubase LE and a Lexicon reverb plug-in!

"Well Worth the Money" submitted March 11, 2012

By Steve G in Granbury, TX
Musical Background: Audio guy, Pedal and amp designer
Music Style: rock, metal, industrial
Sound: As for sound quality, this little unit is surprisingly quiet when a guitar is hooked directly into it and dead silent when a balanced xlr is connected. Very little coloration is introduced by the unit so not much adjusting is required on the output side. Feature: High-z, xlr, and balanced 1/4" cover the bases for inputs. Generous gain settings and mix control are fantastic. Asio support was a simple install and at 5ms latency perfect for my needs. Usb powered means one less cable to worry about. Ease of Use: Five minutes of fiddling with knobs and an additional 10 for software I was able to crank out a very respectable recording. Quality: Build quality of the unit seems a little flimsy but if you just hook it up on your desk and leave it there you shouldn't have any problems. Value: Well worth the money in comparison to other options out there. I mean it's Lexicon for cryin out loud. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any prob with it. So I consider that great support. The Wow Factor: Super simple design and setup surprised me the most. Overall: I didn't expect much from this little interface, but wound up being extremely surprised. Definitely worth the money for the features and sound quality.
30 of 31 people (96.77%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best price for simple, professional I/O" submitted August 10, 2009

Musical Background: Producer, Vocalist, Live Musician
Music Style: Industrial
Sound: Just got mine today. It's probably the cheapest USB interface available. Perfect, does exactly what it says. 4 inputs all together, but you can only use 2 at a time. The XLR and the front 1/4 input are both routed to the same channel as Line 1 input in the back. As for the outs, I most likely won't be using the RCA ports, but I'm sure some DJ's will appreciate it. Feature: the L and R outputs are not 2 separate outs, they are only left and right. Still, you can use them as separate outs by panning the tracks to only left or right. For example, I ran 2 microphones through the inputs, and had one mic's sound going to the left channel, and the other mic went to the right. Neither one went through the other side at all. Maybe that's a no brainer, but I thought I might try to help out a little. Ease of Use: Very to use. Especially with an ASIO 4 All driver. Quality: It would be nicer if it was metal because the plastic would be more likely to break, but it seems pretty sturdy and strong Value: Best pricing on a simple audio interface I've seen. Everyone else wants to overprice a simple in and out. This is a good deal. Manufacturer Support: No service needed for me. Simple set up. Just follow the instruction on the setup. The Wow Factor: sits on top of anything nicely. simple sleek design makes it look "high dollar." not too bulky, but could have a little more space between inputs. it's not bad, just if someone was using some huge cables, the might have to squeeze a little. if you're into all this smaller is better stuff though, and use slim cables like a normal person, you should be fine. It just doesn't waste any space Overall: Someday I look forward to getting the Omega, but in all honesty, this is enough for me. I'm very proud of my Alpha, and I will keep it forever. No disappointments because I knew exactly what I was getting. And if anyone is disappointed, it's probably because they though they were getting more for some reason, or their having setup problems, and are blaming it on the box instead of their computer of software. Just get an ASIO driver and everything will work out fine!
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"overall a straight 9." submitted April 21, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: active lap top musician
Music Style: outsider electronic ambient found sounds
Sound: for the price i paid ($79.00) at guitar center i cannot complain. nice that it uses usb to power it up. use it with my lap top worked right out of the box. i would say that it compares with some of the cheaper pci cards i had used in the past like the m-audio stuff. that said do not expect anything except stereo/mono 2 channel. i work in surround 5.1 at times so it is a pain to have to switch back to my lap top soundcard. but not a real killer. i would buy another one in a second. Feature: had everything you would need right out of the box. i use steinberg nuendo 4. so cubase was unused. Ease of Use: plug and play for the most part. Quality: made well enough for me. quality is typical lexicon (means good)! Value: worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: have not required any help.been running it for 2 years i think. no glitches yet. The Wow Factor: sex appeal? Overall: maybe another year or two and go for another lexicon usb deal but i will spend more money.

"Why buy anything else." submitted June 1, 2013

By Eric R in Brewer, ME
Overall
Overall: Sounds great. Super quiet. Priced great.

"Studio in a box, all you need is a computer and some chops. You can actualy use it to record on to a tape deck as well." submitted December 21, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: ive got a gibson without a case
Feature: Many similar products on the market do not come with a usb cable, this one do wah didy! Value: I paid 99.00 for mine, its a great bargain conidering its multiple use factor and the sofware package.
11 of 17 people (64.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Lexicon Alpha Desktop Recording Studio" submitted September 7, 2012

By Gary G in FAYETTEVILLE, AR
Overall
Overall: The Lexicon Alpha Desktop Recording Studio is great and easy to use. However, cubase LE 5 is a whole other story. Installing cubase will make want to blow your brains out. What idiot invented such a pain in the ass install process which wouldn't have been so bad if it walked you threw the registration process. the software itself is good though not very intuitive. Pray that you don't ever need customer service support. It's damn near impossible to get any. All I can say is Pro Tools.

"like i said its great to learn with and use" submitted February 7, 2007

Musical Background: active
Music Style: rock. metal.newbbie at recording
Sound: not a bad deal if your just getting started Feature: cubase le is a great tool to learn the basics plus alittle extra Ease of Use: it was almost to easy Quality: it is great Value: yes it is Manufacturer Support: no so fast to respond to a question The Wow Factor: i dunno about sex appeal but i will upgrade Overall: it works great,
16 of 34 people (47.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Lesson learned." submitted December 28, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: producer, beat maker.
Music Style: hip hop
Sound: My main soundcard broke and I got this to get me by while i saved up to get a better card. The sound was drastically different as soon as I hooked it up. I really didn't think the playback would be affected as well, but the lows were not well defined and the highs were not pristine. Ease of Use: Lots of problems getting it compatible with sonar. I did get it working though, lots of trial and error. Getting a great sound can be achieved, you just have to keep the high noise floor in mind. I wouldn't recommend this for someone doing acoustic or acepella work. Quality: Cosmetically its fine. It's compact, lightweight, doesn't get in the way. The quality of playback is horrendous, and the recording itself wasn't very good. Very high noise floor in my opinion. Value: You get what you pay for. This would be great for someone just starting out with 1 or 2 inputs to record. Manufacturer Support: The cd it came with didn't read in my brand new cd drive. Aside from whatever software it comes with, I couldn't even access the drivers needed to install. Had to get them off the website - as recommended by the sales guy I bought it from when I called back. The Wow Factor: it was just a practical addition. I do regret buying it though. Overall: I new I needed to buy another soundcard after a few days of use. It took a few days to get it installed and working properly because the drivers were buggy, hard to find, and the quality just wasn't there.

"Crap" submitted September 8, 2016

By Tim J in San Francisco, CA
Musical Background: DJ & producer
Overall: Some real problems. When my mac goes to sleep, the device goes into a "low power mode" and won't awaken until its USB cable is manually unplugged and replugged. The "low power mode" is noisey, so my speakers will play loud static. Also, the volume knob is noisey — adjusting the volume creates loud static sounds. I emailed the manufacturer and was told nothing can be done.

"inquiries" submitted August 11, 2013

By kay magar
Musical Background: rapper
Music Style: hip hop/rap
Overall: is there a usb port available for usb mic ?

When you call, mention priority code 20B-C7XS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976