When you call, mention priority code 144T-7B1V

Rating and Reviews: KRK K10S Active Sub

Extend your low end with KRK's affordable-yet-professional subwoofer, which features a 150-watt amp and active crossovers for smooth, accurate reproduction.

"A Sub easily worth 3-4x its price!" submitted September 17, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Music Educator, Recording/Mixing Engineer, Orchestral Musician (Trombonist)
Music Style: Some of everything
Sound: This sub produces a nice, tight bass sound which can be reliably used for all stages of mixing. I don't know if I would trust it for a final master if it was gunna be released on a major record label, but its still a great sound for the home/project studio. Feature: It has volume, a crossover that doesn't suck (as it might on other subs in this price range), and a bypass port for a foot switch. I really like the option to bypass, but I have noticed a sound difference between using my rokit RP5 G2's without the sub plugged in, and having them plugged into the sub and using the bypass. It almost sounds like the bypass switch just activates a high pass filter in the sub, not actually bypassing the unit... Despite the bypass switch issue, I really appreciate all of the IO options KRK provided my with on this sub. I prefer using all balanced connections whenever possible, so I was a real fan of the XLR (which I use exclusivly) and TRS inputs/outputs. Sure there's RCA I/O, but why use 'em!? Ease of Use: Its a sub with fairly basic controls. Just literally plug in and play. Quality: The build quality is pretty good. I ordered a B stock, and 6 months later its still working great. Part of the grill doesn't push all the way in, and the packaging was pretty worn. I bring my whole audio setup to and from my college (500 miles away from my home) every few months, so I do actually use the boxes (which is the safest way to transport studio monitors/subs). Overall, I was expecting the worn packaging so its all good. Value: For the money, this sub is a great value. It could easily compete with subs $1000's more expensive. Manufacturer Support: Never needed 'em, but if their support is as good as their products, it should be fine. The Wow Factor: Its big, black, has curves, and makes a hell of a noise. Isn't that every guy's dream!? Overall: Overall, I dont regret this purchase. It's really added the right ammount of bass to my rokik RP5 G2's, and has already paid for itself.

"KRK 10s Subwoofer (I LIKE)" submitted June 2, 2011

Musical Background: Owner Operator of www.musicresearchden.com
Music Style: eclectic
Sound: I have an old set of KRK 6000 monitors which are discontinued. They are a bit weak on the bottom end. All my mastereds recordings end up bass heavy so I decided I need a sub woofer. I have been dailing in just the right amount as I shuffle thru tunes on my iPod. I am very pleased with the sounds I'm getting. Feature: This subwoofer is powered and includes built in crossover. I was able to put this subwoofer infront of my monitor amp in my signal chain. The crossover is continuously variable between 50 and 130Hz. With the sweepable crossover freq, the independant sub gain and the handy cross over bypass switch (you just plug in a keyboard pedel) I feel pretty confidant that I've got a subwoofer that is present but not too present and I can instantly compair a mix with and without sub, by stepping on that footswitch. It also has a phase switch should you have some problems with that Ease of Use: This is the only subwoofer I've added to a studio monitor system. I found it very simple to impliment. The manual offered some handy tips for placement. Quality: I bought this one as a scratch and dent and it's white. Those two factors made it affordable to me. The dent is in the back so you don't notice it. It seems quite sturdy and I expect it to perform well... we shall see. Value: Well, I found it to be the most affordable of the professional studio monitor subs. And I found it to have the same or more features than its competitors, so yeah, I'd say its worth it's selling price Manufacturer Support: back in 2001 when I bought my KRK 6000 monitors, I dealt with KRK. I was looking for some response curves for the 6000. I don't think they ever made any, but I did talk to the engineer who designed them. He was responsive. I've never needed any repair work. I expect this sub to fix my missing bottom end which is why I asked for response curves in the first place. The Wow Factor: while this product is attractive, I don't find it sexy Overall: This is it. I don't expect to upgrade anymore.

"large mouth bass" submitted January 31, 2012

By Patrick R in Ventura, CA
Musical Background: home jammer
Music Style: hip-hop, dance, dubstep
Overall: WOW! I bought this sub hoping that I would be able to hear the heavy bass that I put into the drop of my tracks, not only do I hear the bass but I feel it now. Framed pictures are falling off my walls, my dog won’t come near my studio door, and my girlfriend is moving out (lack of sleep I guess) I barely have the base turned up, and it is hooked up through the RCA cables; and still this thing pumps! ZZounds shipped this product perfectly! I have the sound output running from my pc to a receiver, from the receiver to the bass, from the bass to the monitors. Simple and effective RCA connections; I might be compromising the sound quality a bit but, if you want to buy new picture frames, scare your dog away, or want a new girlfriend, you need to set the hook on this large mouth BASS!

""A companion that will always please you"" submitted September 27, 2011

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Music
Sound: The sound is deep and rich. Very clear and warm. NO POPPING! Ease of Use: Plug, tune and condition room then produce and play your music Quality: Well built. This product will last for many years Value: Great add to any studio. Home or Professional The Wow Factor: My second wife, lol Overall: Don't tease yourself, Treat yourself. Buy this and I promise you will be pleased!!

"and the beat goes boom!" submitted June 6, 2012

By Leon Gage
Overall
Musical Background: Producer now ofr 2years and a DJ about 10.
Music Style: I make and push EDM. check it out @ www.eartimerecords.com
Overall: holy bounce this sub has made my life heaven. the sounds from my productions are more dimensional and warm. i can really hear depth and when eq the bass..i can actually hear what my eqs are doing to the bottom end of the spectrum. i also have a pair of rokit 5s an this is just completes the set. you can get bu with just the two monitors but it so much more fun with a sub..buy one and with the payment plans form zzsounds it so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"best solution to smaller powered monitors" submitted August 23, 2012

By Steven M in Blue Island, IL
Overall
Musical Background: home based studio production
Music Style: hip hop & r&b
Sound: If your looking for super SPL this is not the speaker for you. I've seen people hooking this up to i-pods and stupid stuff, this is a PROFESSIONAL piece of equipment meant to enhance the low frequencies of any setup, and it does just that. Driven at high volume it is very punchy but even at low volume it still rattles the pics on the wall. Feature: The crossover integrated into the sub itself is the most useful part of the system! I have the krk paired to a set of bx5a's (yea sue me for brand crossing!!!) The bx5a's are great sounding but have problems with low end x-over point over driving the little 5" subs, now they're great sounding low mid-mid-high near field monitors. Would like to pair this sub with their 10" monitors though! Ease of Use: Setting it up quite frankly is a piece of cake. Make sure you have xlr to 1/4 outs because other than RCA unbalanced there is no other output. Set the crossover and volumes at the pre-determined points and tune from there. Quality: This is one solid sub! At 48 lbs it's bigger than I thought. Everything is tight and solid. Value: This is one of the lowest priced subs in it's category, and performs as well as more expensive models. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had it long enough yet. The Wow Factor: Great bang for the buck....nice clean lows! Overall: Do concerts with it, nope....stick in the trunk of my car, nope....put the low end punch and clarity in my home studio....ohhh yea!!!

"This beast" submitted October 31, 2012

By Joe S
Overall
Musical Background: DJ for 2 years, New to Producing.
Music Style: EDM
Overall: I've been looking at this sub for a while and finally had a chance to buy it. Best decision I ever made. It looks sleek, and the sound is enough for someone using it for a home studio. I have yet to go outside to check, but the sub set at it's lowest settings is enough to rattle a 1000sqft home. Sound is rich and deep as well. I would recommend it to anyone.

"A Diamond in a Sub" submitted September 2, 2011

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Music
Sound: This is by far a great sub woofer delivering a warm deep sound. You will not go wrong adding this monster to your studio as it will give your music its heartbeat! Feature: The set up controls are so user friendly that even the novice of all novice can set this up in a studio. The built in crossover is a major plus. Ease of Use: Like I said already anyone can set this up. Quality: Well built, Well built, Well built! Not cheap looking nor is it made of cheap plastic. Let me add this, not to heavy either! Value: Defiantly built to last!! This will make a great tool for any studio!! Manufacturer Support: Great support!! Excellent Product!! The Wow Factor: It looks as good as my wallet, car, house, bank account, must I keep going, lol! Overall: This is by far a great investment for any studio! Whether you are just beginning or a professional like myself, you won't go wrong investing in this quality equipment. Let me add this, This sub works perfect with KRK monitors so buy them both to complete the set. This is by far one of the best economical and quality music pieces you will ever buy!! Just click add to cart and wait for UPS to deliver this sub to you!!

"KRK K10s" submitted November 10, 2012

By Joe M in Pocono summit, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 36 year veteran of drums, engineering for about 10 years.
Music Style: Metal, blues, jazz, prog rock
Overall: I got this sub because I couldn't hear the lows in my mix to properly deal with the inherent muddiness below about 70 Hz. This was just what the doctor ordered! A reliable and inexpensive (for a sub) solution.

"KRK 10" Sub: BOOM" submitted October 16, 2013

By Jack Franklin in Tulsa, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Music producer for 3 years.
Music Style: Electronic, funk, hiphop, soul
Overall: Fantastic sub. Five stars. *High Fiivvve*

"a much needed addition to my studio" submitted May 25, 2013

By Johnny Fly in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: soprano sax, keyboards, Native Instruments Maschine
Music Style: Nu Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Ambient, Neo Soul
Overall: I'll be honest. I stay away from KRK monitors because of the annoying yellow cone woofers. I just don't think they look professional. What sold me on this subwoofer over the Yamaha, JBL, and M-Audio is the footswitch bypass option. It's great to be able to suspend the low end for a few beats to hear how the rest of the song is coming together. It's surprising that other manufacturers haven't added this option.I use this subwoofer with a pair of Mackie MR8 MK2 monitors and the sound is unbelievable. Even though my home studio is semi sound-proofed, I still feel the vibration of the sub in other rooms. I appreciate the fact that the instructions suggest the appropriate crossover settings to use. Very impressive quality and features. I still don't like the yellow cone but I hide the sub under my console desk anyway.

"krk 10 inch sub" submitted June 13, 2012

By Steven Chalker in brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: Been djing since 1999 started producing in 2008
Music Style: bassline fidget house
Overall: Ive never had any problems with krks. The woofers are replaceable so they last forever. As for the sub I would say for the price its great especially because of the built in crossover, I dont really see how on could need more. I think having a sub for your production is key because it splits the sound up and grants better cleaner mix downs, I have def noticed the difference in my mixes. I wish I would have bought one sooner.

"Solid, capable sub" submitted January 15, 2012

By Keegan Quinn in Portland, OR
Musical Background: Independent producer since 1998
Music Style: Everything, with a focus on symphonic electronic, rap, and dubstep
Overall: I've owned this subwoofer for about a month now, and couldn't be happier with it - for the price, it's probably the best single upgrade my studio has ever seen. I have it paired with a set of Mackie SRM-450 loudspeakers, which I have owned for many years, and it has absolutely transformed the system by allowing the Mackies to focus on the frequencies they are best at.

When you call, mention priority code 144T-7B1V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976