When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-THFY

Rating and Reviews: Korg SV-1 88 Stage Piano

Grab the front panel knobs to dial in 36 most-wanted vintage keyboard sounds, classic amp sims, and effects, on the gig-worthy and great-looking Korg SV-1.

"The Best Keyboard" submitted December 2, 2015

By Daniel E in Copperas Cove, TX
Musical Background: Keyboard 2 years
Music Style: Rock and Roll, Country, Blues, a whole lot of 3 and 4 chord songs
Sound: The keybed is the best. the keys don't go side to side. The keys are solid and the touch is perfect back pressure, not too hard and not too soft. I save 8 favorite sounds I came up with and I recall them with a touch of a button. The electric sounds are great. the straight piano is OK, I don't mind it. But i play a Steinway D with 20 velocity layers on my computer with the keyboard when i want to best possible piano sound available to piano keyboardists. . Feature: 8 touch buttons for your favorite sounds. The Shell is metal and solid. The design is awe inspiring. The knobs and their lights are the latest high tech. I just site down and play a piano sound. I don't have to search and look for a horn sound or a harmonica sound or whatever. That is the Kronos. My setup is in many respects better than the Kronos. I have my computer running cubase and work it in conjunction with the keyboard. I have notes on songs in word. Different set lists. I can do as much or more than a Kronos. Ease of Use: No learning curve. Just experiment with the sound knobs. Nice having a music stand. and the damper pedal (A1 quality) comes with it. Hooked up to a computer you can't get much better. And the price for that quality.... I have owned many keyboards and tried most keyboards and I couldn't come up with better than the Korg SV-1 Quality: The keybed is built to band on. I band on it when i do rock and roll songs that require that energy. The keys are solid and there is weight to them. You can tell when you pick the keyboard up. Value: This is the best value among all the keyboards. I didn't like the looks at first because it looked like a synth with all the knobs. But when you understand the knobs and play it you are hooked. Manufacturer Support: I dealt with Korg before on a cheaper keyboard and they were fabulous. I had to wait about 20 minutes in line but that is normal. The Wow Factor: People know you have a quality keyboard. They ask how much did it cost so it looks expensive. You have to play good to live up to having this keyboard. Overall: First let me say the Zzounds was spectacular. Right after i ordered the keyboard the next day 12 mo financing came out. I had 8 mo financing. I called and they said call FedEx and tell them to send it back. So I did. Then Zzounds let me buy with 12 mo financing. Spectacular. They said it had to be returned first before they could switch the financing. That was so nice of them. Now i have an extra $100 a month to buy more music equipment.

"KORG SV yourself ASAP" submitted March 29, 2010

Overall
Music Style: rock, folk, americana, soul
Sound: I would give the organs an 8, the pianos a 9 and the rhodes/clav a 10. My previous board was a Roland RD 600 and it blows it out of the water an almost all counts. Feature: This is a perfect 10 for a GIGGING keyboard. If you are looking for a million synth sounds, sequencing, and recording capability then this is not the board for you. If you are a player looking for killer sounds, great feel, durability and all the knobs needed to tweak the board to your liking, then this is definitely for you! Ease of Use: Super easy. You don't even need the manual for 95% of it's functions because all the controls are essentially self explanatory and you can figure the whole board out in about an hour of playing around with it, and believe me, that's a really fun hour. Quality: Everything feels very solid and well made. Korgs i've played in the past have held up well. This one has yet to withstand the test of time so I will give it a 9. Value: I feel that this board offers a very strong value. It is expensive but it is the perfect gigging board. For studio applications you can probably get more bang for your buck elsewhere but I have never seen a better live board. And of course, this thing sounds killer plugged in at the studio too! Manufacturer Support: I have called Korg before and been treated well and accomplished what I needed without sitting on hold. That's really all I ask for. The Wow Factor: I guess I don't really want it anymore because I have it and I love it! It looks cool, isn't too heavy, has great weighted keys, killer sounds, and lots of fun knobs. Really fun to play with and easy to use! Overall: I honestly don't see another board coming out that meets my needs better. Until I am gigging on a major tour where I can afford to be surrounded by a Paige McConnell-esque keyboard rig I think this will be the board for me.
82 of 86 people (95.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Honest Tone, Amazing Feel. " submitted September 6, 2016

By Odie W
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician, 15+ years, Guitar/Drums/Bass/Keys/Vocals
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Latin, Etc.
Overall: I've been a zZounds customer for years, and I simply had to let my very first review be on this product... I've had my Korg SV-1 for a few days now, and I am completely blown away. Firstly, the packaging Korg sent this in was pristine. In the past, zZounds has sent me many defective products, mostly due to inferior packaging, but Korg has done an excellent job in getting the product to me in perfect shape. Secondly, the analog look, feel, and sound of this keyboard are collectively enveloping in the most beautiful of ways. The RH3 keybed is what I was most excited about, as its feel is simply incredible compared to every single model in the $1,000-$3,000 price range. And let's be honest, you're looking at this keyboard because you do not want to have to deal with an algorithm driven computer based synthesizer platform that requires a heavy amount of learning and tampering with in order to get the sound that you're looking for, especially on the fly. The SV-1 sounds radiant and true right out of the box with it's electric pianos, acoustics, organs, etc. It houses the "most wanted" of keyboard tones, which have completely surpassed my expectations in how they would really sound. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. And hey, if by some off-chance you are, then you can just send it back without a hassle (another reason I frequently use zZounds). That's pretty much what you wanted to know, right? Looking for any negative issues? Then definitely check out the other reviews, but I'm extremely happy with my purchase overall and will be for years to come. Thanks zZounds!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-THFY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976