When you call, mention priority code 1549-JZDJ

Rating and Reviews: Korg SP-280 Digital Piano

With its weighted hammer-action keyboard and responsive grand piano sound -- plus 6 authentic vintage electric pianos -- the Korg SP-280 is a joy to play.

"Korg SP-280" submitted March 20, 2013

By David B in Overland Park, KS
Musical Background: Lifelong piano player, guitar for 5 years
Music Style: varied
Sound: Wow! There are 6 piano sounds and I use 3 interchangeably depending on the level of brightness. The electric piano sounds are the best part of the SP-280's bank. I do not care too much for the organ sounds, though there are some chunky cathedral sounds. The SP-280 has an excellent vibraphone, and the guitar sound is fun. The voice and strings sounds are not my favorite, but there is one bank on each that is alright. Feature: Splitting the keyboard for lessons and duets is interesting. My only big argument against this digital piano is the velocity sensitivity. I struggled for days with sending this piano back, because there is an odd characteristic that I have never noticed in any other digital pianos. No matter how soft I strike the key, a clear note rings out. Sure, it's quiet, but it frustrated me for days as i tried to get an answer. When I finally talked to the people at Korg, they informed me that every instrument with the RH3 keyboard does this. After jamming with friends, i realize that this is not a huge deal, and i have begun a quest to wear this piano in real good to see if this helps. After playing it a bunch, there still is no way to press a key down without some sound being produced, but i am getting used to it and it doesn't ruin even how I play even the 'Moonlight Sonata'. So, I would recommend you play one to see how it feels before you take the plunge. Other than that, the features do exactly what the description states. Having stereo out and MIDI in/out makes this piano very doable as a live performance instrument as well as a recording device with great piano-like response. I had the SP-280 running through my MAC into a PA as well as straight into the PA so that i could record the MIDI signals as well as the sounds coming out in the room. Ease of Use: It does what the description says, and the owner's manual is accurate. Quality: Solid. The stand is a lot more solid in person than it looks in the pictures. I really liked how the SP-250's stand attached to the pedal, and I thought I'd be unimpressed by the 280's stand, but the legs are screw-in and go right into the frame. SOLID. I was having a little wobble, and I just unscrewed the leg a 1/4 inch, and the wobble was gone. Value: In all honesty, this this sounds and feels more like a grand piano than any other digital piano I have ever played (2 doz?). The fact that this thing can be broken-down in less than 10 minutes, fits into a bag and can be driven to a friend's house and reassembled in less than 10 minutes makes it a practical, functional digital piano. For the price, there is NOT another option. I'd even put this Korg up against similar DP's that cost a little more. Manufacturer Support: Korg was very honest and helpful about the dynamic range issue I was dealing with. I find it slightly strange that their phone-in support is M-F 1-5 EDT, but i got right through and got the answers i was looking for. The Wow Factor: Play one. WOW! I found Piano1 (bank 2) to be the deepest, richest grand piano sound. The EPiano1 (banks 1&3) are AWESOME! Overall: This bad boy sounds GREAT! The action is the most-realistic piano feel I have played. Good, clean and loud on-board speakers. Solid stand.
53 of 54 people (98.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Really enjoying this piano- actually purchased it without trying it out." submitted April 12, 2013

By a customer from sevens.net
Overall
Sound: It is very natural- I usually just turn it on and play it- sometimes I put the reverb off the second piano is more mellow by default- closes to program C01 Classic of the Korg Sg series. Piano 3 is a jazz like piano, Piano 4 is called live and punchier. Rhodes are nice, one has a nice tremolo effect Feature: The simplicity of it is the best. If I am in the mood I play the Krome, other times this. The NH action is an improved version than of the SP170x series. Ease of Use: I like it is just turn on and play- can do reverb on/off 3 levels, brilliiance on/off Quality: It looks nice and is sturdy- almost like a modern day Atari 2600 with the led, round volume dial etc. Value: Yes, 1. Speakers 2. Tone Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them in all the years I sued them The Wow Factor: Wow factor: 1. The Speakers 2. The piano sound is natural- Casio uses steinway samples as well but has a little electonic tinge to it Overall: I have been playing 33 + years. Korg piano's from the SG Pro Rack have always been my favorite. I think this piano is fantastic and the speakers are wonderful.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1549-JZDJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976