When you call, mention priority code 158X-02Q4

Rating and Reviews: Korg SP170s Digital Piano

Get 88 fully-weighted keys and stunning stereo piano sound in a simple, uncluttered design, with Korg's budget-friendly SP-170s digital piano.

"Korg SP170 Digital Piano" submitted March 4, 2012

By Mary B in Sterling, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Began playing at age 10 but just recently took it up again after many years.
Music Style: Primarily classical but will play almost anything.
Overall: Just can't say enough about this instrument. When I read it had the sound of a grand piano I was skeptical, to say the least, but the the sound is phenomenal and may even have a better sound than my sister's grand. The instrument is well made and durable and is ideal for someone who wants the sound of a piano without the size and weight of a conventional piano or the extra sound features that some with some digital models. Being able to control the volume is tremendous as it allows me to enjoy what I'm doing without inflicting my "talent" on the rest of the family. I hightly recommend this instrument to anyone at all levels of play. And doing business with ZZounds was indeed a pleasure with accurate and quick service.

"Korg SP170s Digital Piano, 88-Key" submitted February 15, 2012

By WANDA J in COLUMBIA, SC
Musical Background: Approximately 40 years
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: This is a great deal! Close your eyes and you would have no idea that a baby grand is not before you. I have been totally impressed with the sound and quality for the price. My home space is limited and I would be cramped with a true piano. The size fits perfectly. The sound selections are impressive. You can even adjust your touch on the stroke of the piano. I am still learning what all of my options are. You won't go wrong with this purchase.

"CLEAN AND SIMPLE. VERY NICE SOUNDS AND FEEL." submitted July 21, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active musician. Learning piano
Sound: Personally I like the sounds out of this keyboard. I got it for the piano and Fender Rhodes like sounds. Some complain about the speakers. I have speakers and PA's galore. Not an issue. The keys do not feel cheap and flimsy. Feature: It comes with a power supply and simple sustain pedal. Ease of Use: I like the simple looks and design. No there are not 99 buttons, bells, and whistles most of which never get used. Its clean and functional. The Wow Factor: Simple plain and sexy. Perfect for any small church, hall, home.
30 of 32 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Korg SP170s is the Greatest" submitted February 5, 2012

By Kerwin Young
Musical Background: Recording Producer and Composer
Music Style: Good Music
Overall: I've been using Korg products for over 25 years as a professional recording producer, composer, and musician. This is a great keyboard, not only for its weighted keys, sounds, and capability to be utilized in the professional arena; but it is also beneficial for the college student needing something at home to practice for those intense piano proficiency exams. This is a must have for all, and I wouldn't recommend any other!!
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good Starter keyboard" submitted April 30, 2012

By Diane J in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: new
Music Style: alternative, classic rock
Overall: I'm new to piano, and the Korg SP-170 is a perfect starter keyboard. The keys are weighted just lke a piano. I also like the fact that I can plug a midi cable from the keyboard to my iMac, which works with the piano software I purchased (separately). zzounds is easy to do business with as well. I'd say the only draw back is that after the keyboard came I realized I needed a stand (putting it on a table didn't work for the correct hand positioning) and the midi cable. It would be wonderful if zzounds web site made all the accessory recommendations before checkout process. I did return to the zzounds site to order the keyboard stand and got it for a great deal.

"Great keyboard" submitted November 20, 2012

By Andrew S in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: Home recording, guitar, violin
Music Style: rock, acoustic, alternative
Sound: Very realistic piano sound. The other tones all sound good, the organs in particular. Feature: The midi out was a huge bonus. Doesn't have a lot of gadgets, but the lack of screens and buttons lend to the elegance of the keyboard. Ease of Use: Plug it in and play. It has a button that cycles through the different voices. very easy to use Quality: seems very solid Value: Since it doubles as a controller, this is well worth the money. 88 key controllers are very expensive. Great digital piano and great controller in one The Wow Factor: Very attractive piano. Wish that zZounds had the wood stand available though Overall: Got this to replace a casio wk200. While it doesn't come with a ton of tones and features, it has great feel and sound. I love that it has a midi port in the back. It works great as a controller. Wish it had a 1/4 inch output, but the headphone jack can be used to hook up an amp. Feels like an instrument and not a toy like alot of keyboards do.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Simple and sounds great." submitted February 11, 2014

By Daniel K in Hackettstown, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Beginner Piano/Hobby use with the hope to expand in the future.
Music Style: Classical and New Age
Overall: This is my first 88 key keyboard so take my ratings as a grain of salt. I have not experienced many keyboards out there so I wanted to make that known. But the Korg Sp170s is perfect for my needs. Its simple, sounds great, no bells and whistles. Just a simple piano keyboard for me to learn how to play. It does have a few other sounds other than the grand piano in which I will rarely use. But its nice to have for some variation. I did not want something with a nice screen or beats to accompany my playing. I just like this item because its simple an sounds great. For those wanting something basic I recommend this item. I have only been using it this past week so I hope to have a long time of playing on this keyboard. I had to contact customer service of Korg because I bought this as a blemished item from zZounds and the pedal switch was not included with the item which it said it was supposed to be. zZounds gave me Korgs number and The customer service at zZounds and Korg were phenomenal. I had my pedal within 24 hours at my door.

"Korg SP170s Digital Piano 88 key" submitted July 14, 2014

By Kristina C in Santa Fe, NM
Overall
Musical Background: singing since forever, piano for four months....
Music Style: R&B, Gospel, Christian, Jazz, Showtunes
Overall: I did a lot of research to find an affordable 88 weighted key keyboard that had speakers built in with different sounds to include organ strings and such. This was the best purchase ever! My playing has improved and I can afford the installation payments without interest. And when I needed technical advice the zZounds reps were fantastic! Thank you zZounds for helping me get closer to my music dream!!!!!!!!!!

"My new Piano" submitted September 10, 2012

By Rafaael B in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 47 years, I play piano and keyboards ; Ic as hobby.
Overall: Nice, slim, good looking with a good sound and piano sensitivity.

"Korg Keyboard" submitted January 6, 2014

By R W
Overall
Overall: I purchased this Korg Keyboard for my daughter and she loves it! She's been playing for about 6 years or so and thinks this sounds and feels like a real piano. Great buy!

When you call, mention priority code 158X-02Q4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976