When you call, mention priority code 1728-GWK9

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR700 Bass Guitar

Enjoy the unparalleled comfort of playing an SR. The Bartolini pickups and smooth mahogany body of this model create a voluptuous and customizable tone.

"Slim and Sexy" submitted April 26, 2010

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: rock, jazz
Sound: The SR700 gets a wide variety of sounds. You can play most styles of music with it, due to the active Bartolini EQ. Switching back and forth and blending pick-ups also adds to the many sounds this instrument gets. The SR700 gets booming lows for Motown (turn off the treble and midrange,) as well as great highs for solos (sound like Stanley Clarke.)Though many people say Ibanez is mainly a metal bass, I've found in soungs great for any style you like. Feature: The Bartolini pick-ups are excellent and sound very clear, no matter how the EQ is set. The EQ is great to use. On some gigs, I don't even bring my bass effects pedal (though I do like it for tuning up quickly)because the bass-midrange-treble EQ gets a good variety of sounds. The midrange is valuable to have. Most basses in this range don't have one. The bridge is easy to adjust and made well. Ease of Use: The SR700 is very playable with its ultra-slim neck made from rain forest woods. The body is cut nicely and feels comfortable even when standing for a long time. Again, we're talking thin here. Despite it's thin appearance, the bass is not a light weight. It feels heavy enough and solid in you hands. It's also balanced well, not top heavy like some. Quality: I have had no problem with anything on my instrument. The workmanship is reliable and solid. It seems durable enough for any style of play, as well as any banging around in the back of the trunk while traveling to gigs. The quality of the wood is evident when you see it in person. I'm expecting this bass to last for a long time, since I don't "kill" my instruments when I play. Value: It's certainly worth the price I payed. In the $500 to $900 range, the SR700 compared most favorably to any other brand's price point entries, e.g Schecter, Fender, G&L, Warwick, Music Man Sterling, Peavey, Aria, Epiphone, Squire, ESP, Yamaha, etc. I know, because I played and priced all of these brand's entries in this price range. Manufacturer Support: No service needed yet. I have owned it a year. After a simple set-up out of the box, which included Elixir strings, the 700 sounded and played great. The Wow Factor: The sex appeal of the amber SR700 is obvious when you see it in person. With the darkly colored bubinga/jatoba rain forest woods for the neck, the mahoghany body and amber colored figured maple top, and the amber headstock, the 700 is quite attractive and will definitely catch the eye of anyone in the audience you play for. The amber color is truly that. Not yellow like it's pictured here. The woodgrain of the top is evident in person too, though the photo makes it look like a solid color. Overall: Overall, there are plenty of positives here. The price is right for what you get. The quality of workmanship is very good. I'll probably never get rid of this one. It plays too smooth, sounds too good, and looks great. I buy and sell many basses. This one is in my permanent collection.

"This is one great bass!!" submitted October 1, 2011

Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: Awesome controls, ease of tailoring your sound ... great! Terrific sustain and sound! Feature: The Elixir strings that come stock on this bass are just amazing. Never tried them (I am a dedicated DR guy), but after playing on these, I am sold on them. Ease of Use: As above, ease of use is terrific - simple and effective! Set-up out of the box was perfect for me - no string buzz at all. Quality: Well built, wood is beautiful and the neck is outstanding for my stubby little fingers. Previously played a Fender J-bass, but this is no comparison neck-wise! Fast action. I opted for the amber finish and let me say, the picture does this bass no justice ... beautiful amber tiger-stripe finish that you MUST see to appreciate. I am getting "ooooo's and ahhhh's" from both bandmates and patrons of the venues we play. This is a gorgeous bass! Value: Well worth it! Manufacturer Support: Not yet, and hopefully never! The Wow Factor: Very appealing bass, both finish-wise and tech-wise! Overall: The only aspect I was unsure about when ordering this bass was the finish. As I stated above, the finish on the amber is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this bass to anyone and recommend the amber finish - truly beautiful!

"Great sound at a Great Value." submitted December 13, 2009

Music Style: Americana
Sound: Very Balanced good tone. Feature: Excellent Pick Ups and tone controls allow for crafting of the sound to whatever you are playing. Ease of Use: Great Neck and playability. Quality: Just got it, but so far, so good. Value: Excellent. Manufacturer Support: Have heard good things, but haven't had to use the service yet. The Wow Factor: Beautiful Orange Yellow Color, not easily portrayed in pictures. The depth of the wood doesn't show through unless you see it in person. Overall: Amazing.

"the sr700 is an awsome bass" submitted August 5, 2013

By Brandon Ogden in Clearfield, PA
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing guitar for well over 10 years, i play all kinds of music and play both regular guitar and bass guitar
Music Style: I play all kinds of music but im currently playing in a hard core band
Overall: I bought the sr700 on the pay as u play option that zzsounds has to offer and everything about this guitar is awsome. the 3 band e.q. lets you customize the sound that fits your style of music. the active pick-ups and the elixir strings that come with it make the guitar sound so much better not to mention how beautiful it looks aspecially with the charcol brown finish. this will be the last bass guitar i will ever buy and i recommend this guitar to any bass player.

"Excellent quality for the money" submitted February 4, 2014

By Tomas V in Bakersfield, CA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: rock ,country
Overall: good sound, easy to use specially if you have small hands.

When you call, mention priority code 1728-GWK9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976