When you call, mention priority code 15H4-N2YF

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR600 Bass

Bartolini pickups and 3-band EQing give you professional quality sound control and seamless low-end resolution.

"This ones a keeper" submitted February 21, 2012

By Tasnik Khan
Overall
Musical Background: Self taught guitarist, playing guitar, bass, keyboards, drums and violin for the past 6 years
Music Style: Anything that sounds good. More inclined to the old classics by Muddy waters, Jeff Beck, Motorhead, Eric Clapton, Bill withers,
Overall: Overall From the moment I purchased this bass I feel like a new dimension of music has opened right in front of me. As an amateur guitar collector This is my second ibanez instrument and I couldn't have been happier. I am running this through a solid state power amplifier that is connected to traditional full range speakers but the sound I get is nothing short of amazing. Everything about this bass screams high quality and the bass seems to play itself. No dead notes, seriously low action, impressive EQ system along with the mid frequency switch, very usable pan knobs, the list goes on and on. As a newbie into the bass territory I am thoroughly impressed and I would recommend this instrument to anyone. Features The bass comes with the following controls:- Master volume, pan knob, Bass knob, Mid- knob, Treble knob and an mid frequency switch. The pickups alone sound rather well when the equalizer is set to flat and it is worth mentioning that all the knobs have a very noticeable center detent so that you can quickly return to the middle of the control spectrum very quickly. The onboard switch is also very stable and rather tactile and I dont expect it to fail anytime soon. The only things that bug me is the lack of a parametric mid control and the awfully short turning range of the EQ knobs. They can be a pain to adjust at times and small adjustments tend to have a rather large impact on the sound. Quality Here's where I feel that I am beginning to get my money's worth. Everything fits perfectly and all the lines meet up with less than a millimeter of clearance from each other. The wood feels completely amazing under my hands as I rub the body and the neck down and I really feel the bass resonating through my body as I play. Its a rather amazing feeling and the sound coming out of it is just as impressive. There was one problem though, the tuning key nuts were a little loose as were the knobs itself. This was a bother at first when The bass began to rattle in my hands but one quick tightening session and its been wonderful ever since. I have not has any issues with the input jack either. Everything seems to be solid as a rock!! Manufacturer Support Didnt need them and I sure hope that I dont have to. The bass came very well set up from the factory as no intonation adjustments were required. Just a quick tune and I'm off to play. Innocent until proven guilty I guess so there ya go. 5 Stars :-P Sound I dont know about you pros or you mad tone gurus but there hasn't been one sound that I couldn't produce with this bass. When I say "Sound" I dont mean reckless clatter that you often get with inferior products. The soft sounding ash wood along with the bartolini pickups and their EQ system has covered whatever style i ever wanted to play. Want a jass bass sound? Just pull down the treble and boost a little of the mids, Like the heavy metal slap bass tones? Just boost the treble. You name it, the bass did it. Ease of use The bass is also one of lightest basses I have ever had the pleasure of handling. Couple that with high quality construction, a balanced profile when hung with a strap, low action and above average electronics and you are looking at a bass that is ridiculously light which instantly responds to light fingerstyle plucking all the way to heavy duty tapping. As I said before, the bass basically played itself. Value Considering the fact that this is my first real bass I was worried that I may be spending a bit too much on a first instrument..... WRONG!!!! This has been the best value I I have gotten in quite a long time as I can easily get the sounds of professional artists and have my own signature tone within seconds of picking it up. This bass is an amazing value and I think that every beginner should steer clear of any other products. Save 'up some money junior if you're really interested in playing cos this bass is gonna drive ya nuts. If you're cheaping out on your first instrument. You will probably lose interest in playing halfway through your bass dream. The wow factor Just picture an ibanez S with a few extra millimeters of girth and add the beautiful flowing lines of the nude ash wood right under your fingers. One look at this bad boy and I knew that I had to have it. The finish is simply.............................natural. If you dont like it, go spend your money elsewhere but if you are looking for a touch of class and mature music. Stop right here and grab this. It sucked me in and it'll probably suck you in too. If you're anything like me and simply a guy that wants to buy an instrument that will give you resonant piano like sounds as well as throaty warwick growl. Do your ears and eyes a favor and buy this bass. You wont regret it, I didn't. Oh and did I mention how exquisite the matte hardware looks on the natural body? Lets just say that online pictures don't do it justice. All you need to do to fall in love is to simply TOUCH! ( I mean it in every sense of the word :-P )

"Love this bass!!" submitted May 15, 2013

By Nate J
Musical Background: Bass a year, guitar 10+
Music Style: rock, blues, funk, and whatever we happen to be playing at the moment.
Overall: I purchased this after playing a squire beginners bass. I tried many different models and just kept coming back to the SR600. I could not be happier with my purchase. This is the bass that everyone in the sessions want to play. Feels and sounds amazing! no rating for Manufacturer support... I have been playing it for months and it came setup perfectly.... so I have no idea what the support would be like.

"Awesome guitar" submitted February 29, 2012

By Chris P in apo, AE
Overall
Musical Background: Intermediate drummer and guitar, beginner bass. I just enjoy playing at home.
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Metal
Overall: After reading many reviews about different kinds of basses, I went with the SR600. I'm glad I made that decision. This guitar looks and sounds amazing. As a beginner, I wasn't sure what bass to get. I've played guitar and drums for many years but I hadn't played a bass yet.I first loved the shape of the guitar. I like the smooth lines and rounded features.The color is very inviting. It isn't going to look crazy like a heavy metal guitar but that wasn't what I wanted. I knew I wanted a natural wood color. I love the dark walnut color and the wood grain shows through very nice. I also liked how the fret board and back of the neck looked with the color of the body.The action on the SR600 is smooth. Although different than my Gibson LP, I found it very easy to transition between notes and the it is easy to get great sounding tones without much effort. The electronics are great quality. I took a look behind the cover and the wiring was done very professionally and the solder connections looked sturdy. (I'm a electronics tech by day) I like how this model has a battery door instead of making you constantly remove the back with screws. That means it's less likely of having issues with loss/worn out screws later on. As far as the sound goes, I couldn't tell you how good it sounds compared to others considering this is my first bass. I can tell you that I really like the range the pickups give you. I like the three band EQ. It really gives me many options for shaping my tone.Overall I really like the look, sound, and build quality of the SR600 bass guitar.

"Try it, you'll buy it !" submitted July 3, 2011

By a customer from roadrunner.com
Overall
Musical Background: active musician - but not my bread and butter
Music Style: big band jazz, ;musicals, original rock, church.
Sound: The 3 band eq and the ability to pan between pickups provides exceptional tonal variability. I play this with Pyramid Flat wound strings and use a GK Backline 110 amp. Play mostly 30's/40s jazz with a big band and pit bands for musicals - the sound is great. And it can cut it if you want to rock. Feature: No accessories but, as stated above, the ability to pan between the 2 pickups is a great feature ( as opposed to "selecting" one or both ). Ease of Use: This bass plays great - excellent neck - 24 frets playable all the way to the top/and true too. Quality: No defects that I have discovered. Value: Definitely worth the price I paid. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to challenge any warranty issues The Wow Factor: Great looks. The neck is awesome. THe first thing that attracted me to this was the way it looked. The more I play it the more I want to play it. Overall: I can't imagine replacing this at this point in time (unless Ibanez comes out with something better)

"Try it . . . you'll love it." submitted July 7, 2011

By a customer from roadrunner.com
Musical Background: part time muscician
Music Style: 30-40's jazz, musicals, original rock - everything but rap/gangsta
Sound: Exceptional sound - with the pan control for the pickups and the 3 band eq the sound choices are almost unlimited. I have pyramid flat wounds on this and whether I'm picking or using my thumb the sound is great! Feature: As stated above, the pan between pickups is a great feature. The eq allows addition or removal of tone in the bass, mid and high ranges. Ease of Use: Intuitive to use but you must play with it. Great neck. Quality: Nice and tight . . . everycontrol feels secure. Value: definitely worth the price Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use support The Wow Factor: Looks great, feels great, plays great. Overall: Looking forward to using this for quite a while.

When you call, mention priority code 15H4-N2YF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976