When you call, mention priority code 16KK-MMZV
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR1200 Bass

Constructed with the utmost care, the Premium line features the Mono-Rail Bridge for unparalleled isolation and Nordstrand Big Single pickups for pro sound.

"Wow!!!" submitted January 29, 2014

By Herschel J in San DIego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Bass Player.
Music Style: Blues/Funk, Rock, R&B, Latin
Overall: What can I say... This bass is awesome. Sexy. I get compliments constantly on its looks and my band mates really like the way it sounds. Me too. I initially was looking to get one of the new Fender Dimension Jazz basses. They have really great tone. A little heavy, but nice. Since I already own an Ibanez SR370 and love it, I decided to take a look at the Premium models before I committed to the Fender. I am very glad I did. This bass is light, sleek, easy to play. Since it can be played active or passive, it opened up the tonal range. What a difference. The bass came with some elixir strings and they are ...okay. Sometime soon I am going to switch over to what I like using. I suggest you try this one on for size. It feels good with the styles I use to play and it really cuts through the mix to be heard. My drummer loves it.

"This one is a keeper" submitted September 2, 2011

Overall
Sound: To be honest, I really can't think of any bass I've had that overall sounded better. Those Nordy pickups really cut and give a great sound. I prefer rock music of the harder variety, but enjoy about anything. Feature: The gig bag is decent but not the best I've seen. To be honest, as well, I'd like to see a tusq nut instead of plastic. And if they put an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp in this, well it would pretty much be the ultimate. As is it's excellent don't get me wrong, just what I would change. Ease of Use: This is really where it scores big besides the sound and looks, which are 9.5 on each. This is the easiest player I've had. However the pickups are so sensitive you can't get away with any slop. That's good in my view. And they are clear too, no mud here. This plays like butter. Quality: It would seem it is well made. I would prefer a battery door to the 3 screws or if you are going to use 3 screws, use brass like the inserts so you don't strip them. The fretwork was top notch fret ends are rounded for comfort. Very light. This thing is just beautiful, the pictures are gorgeous but don't really do it justice. Best looking bass I've seen. Value: If they gave us a bit better nut, and even gave us say an OBP-3 pre-amp in it, yeah I'd say it's absolutely worth the money. Even as is, it's close, but debatable in my mind. A grand is a lot of money to me, but I can't say I regret buying this bass so obviously that means it is worth it. Manufacturer Support: I can't comment on support never had to use Ibanez. I have not heard the greatest things in that area but I can't comment personally. The Wow Factor: Well as far as looks I honestly haven't seen better. Best playability I've seen too, the sound is great. Only little quibbles from a perfectionist like me. It really is a fantastic bass. It's a keeper. It's my only bass and going to stay that way until it's time for another new one, in which case I would get this or the 1400 really without giving it thought. Overall: I expect it will last for years. I would get another if anything happened to this one or as I said the 1400 just for a slight top difference. This bass is honestly overall the best I've owned. I love the looks, sound and playability of this awesome guitar. My only negatives are minor quibbles with it, I'm not at all sorry I bought it.
35 of 38 people (92.11%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16KK-MMZV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976