When you call, mention priority code 15ZL-5J94

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez MB100C Case

Specially designed for select right-handed SR models, the MB100C is perfectly molded to house and protect its designated basses.

Overall

"I find it interesting that the average rating is 9 out of ten, but there are only two negative reviews posted. I also rate it 9" submitted August 15, 2010

By a customer from juno.com
Overall
Musical Background: retired musician, playing for fun now
Music Style: Rock, all types
Ease of Use: The weak spot are the latches. They lock down very snuggly, which is good except it bends the crossbar a bit. If you do not take care to insure the crossbar is curved down when you latch it, you may not be able to get it to shut. If you then force it it may snap out of place. I fixed the one I broke pretty easily, but I think they could have used a higher quality latch. I have't had the problem again since taking more care when closing the case. Quality: I own four of these cases, two I bought new and two came with used instruments I purchased online. Well made for the purpose, just careful of the latches. Value: If you can get this case for $80-$100 it's well worth it. I got a 'new' used one online for $75, and a new in-box one for $100. Manufacturer Support: Never called about a case, but their great on basses. The Wow Factor: It looks fantastic and protects well. My four best Ibanez basses are trusted to these form fitted cases. The bass is held snuggly, no flopping around like in a non-molded case. If you paid a lot for your bass, or just care about it like you did, you'll want a form fitting case. Overall: While it is true the compartments are small and the lids are molded into the top half of the case (instead of attached like a Fender case), I have no trouble loading in my 3" padded leather strap, 15' cord, a tuner , spare 9 volt and an mp3 player into the compartments. How much stuff do you need inside your case? I carry another bag for all my other gear. The case does what I expect, craddle and protect the bass inside. But it's not perfect. My oldest case has a broken foot, caused by the previous owner thinking this was a shipping quality case, it isn't. It isn't fragile, but it's not a hard fiber shippable case. If you need that, you won't like this case. However, if you use it to transport and store your bass from your home to your car to your gig and back it works just fine.

"IBANEZ MB100C CASE FOR SR BASSES" submitted March 19, 2014

By DAVID SHACKELFORD in ROLLA, MO
Musical Background: JAM AT HOME PLAY PIANO ORGAN DRUMS AND LEARNING THE GUITARS
Music Style: ROCK 60,S 70,S AND 80,S
Overall: GREAT CASE FOR MY BASS. IT PROVIDES EXCELLENT PROTECTION FOR MY IBANEZ SR BASE. QUICK SALE QUICK SHIPPING. GREAT SERVICE FOR MY PURCHASE. THANKS ZZOUNDS

"Buy a quality gig bag instead & pocket the savings." submitted February 8, 2007

By a customer from ctc.net
Musical Background: In a band
Music Style: Old R&B, Motown, Atlantic, Stax-Volt, Carolina Beach, Classic Rock
Sound: Not applicable. Feature: ABS plastic shell, aluminum valence frame, four latches, form fitted foam interior for your bass. They cover the foam with a fuzzy material that is real thin and feels hard to the touch. There are three open storage compartments in the interior. None of the storage compartments have lids, but rely on protrusions from the lid to keep items from spilling out. Not the best idea. The largest of these compartments isn't wide enough for a boxed set of bass strings or a 4 inch bass strap. The next largest compartment appears to be designed for a 2 inch strap, however the 4 inch Italia straps I use won't fit in either of the two large compartments. The third compartment is actually just the right size to hold a 9 volt battery, but only if you remove the battery from the blister pack. Seriously this compartment is just about the exact dimensions of a 9 volt battery, so that is what I use it for. I don't use any of the other compartments. I carry cables, strings and strap in my pedal board case. You should not have to do that. I'm used to the roomy storage in the basic Fender bass cases. This is NOT a Fender case, unfortunately. I don't want to pack for a weekend at the beach, I just want enough room for a spare box of strings and a 4 inch strap and sometimes a cable. I suppose a 20 foot cable could be squeezed into the largest space if you could coil it up that small but Monster and MIT cables won't coil that small. Since nothing else fits I keep only the bass and a spare battery in the case. Even when closed and all four latches are latched there is STILL a gap where I can see black fuzz through the aluminum valance and that is not good because that means dust, dirt, rain and everything else can get to the interior of the case and eventually the instrument. I've seen worse hard cases, but not much worse. Ease of Use: Even with nothing in the case the lid doesn't seat on the case body until you latch it, which takes more force than it should. There is a gap of less than an inch. While latching it you have to push down on the lid while hooking the cach rings over the latch posts. Then push down on the lid again while flipping the latches down. This takes far more force than it should. At first I thought this was the wrong case for my SRX700 so I checked the Ibanez site and this is the case the site says to use. The case is equally hard to close with our without the bass inside. The bass does nestle in nice and snug though and when you finally get the case closed I don't think it can budge. Quality: Poorly designed as far as features are concerned. They could have used a more plus lining. Poodle fur on the Fender cases is what I'm used to. This is more like peach fuzz. I'm not impressed at all. The latches are overtaxed and I expect them to break or pop off the case every use. At least the handle is good and solid. Ibanez makes some great basses, but apparently they outsource their case production to the low bidder who employs chimps as engineers and orangatangs as assemblers. The only thing I don't like about my SRX700 is this case. Value: This is a third rate case at a first class price. I have more confidence in a gig bag. At least when the zipper is all zipped up dust or rain won't get in. I should have tried it in a Gator or SKB case. But Ibanez says that due to their smaller bodies and unique designs Ibanez basses typically don't fit in other brand cases or in generic cases. I've put it in a cheap generic case and it will flop around, but a little flopping would be better that this dedicated case because at least it would keep dirt, etc out of the case. You could not PAY ME to use another one of these cases. A total waste of plastic, aluminum, foam and fuzz which could and should have been used to make a decent case in the first place. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with Ibanez on this case. I asked a question about this awful case on their user forum, which is their first line of support. I haven't been back since. The bass is great, the case is a rip off. The Wow Factor: About as sexy as grandmas ill fitting dentures. But this is the case I have. I got it because I thought I was doing the right thing. With an Ibanez logo on the side you'd expect a quality case to protect a quality instrument. Wow, was I wrong! Overall: If I could find a better case with roomy storage that fit an SRX700 properly, I'd buy it. However, due to my experiences with this premium priced case, this is probably my last Ibanez bass case EVER. Usually any hardcase is better than any gig bag. I actually prefer a generic gigbag to this case as it at least keeps dirt and rain out. I'm going to buy a nicer gig bag with thick padding when I find one on sale I like.
18 of 21 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez MB100C Case" submitted January 26, 2012

Overall
Overall: Great case. I didnt have problems with the latches like many others have. Not much storage within, but hugs my SR500 very nicely.

"I take care of my stuff and I have a really nice Custom SR1206 Six String Ibanez neck thru. The case like the bass was taken ca" submitted September 19, 2004

By a customer from diamondcs.net
Musical Background: Bass player of 10 years
Music Style: Technical Death Metal (All of you who don't know about Death its not just noise, don't criticize it unless you can play it)
Feature: Not enough room for strap and cord. Quality: Junk. Cases snap and break. Hinges break with ease. Garbage.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very nice, sturdy case" submitted January 16, 2012

By Bryan J in Mitchell, SD
Musical Background: Playing bass about 1 year
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I ordered this case along with a new bass. The Ibanez SB800 fits perfectly in this case.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZL-5J94. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976