When you call, mention priority code 16KV-DVB8
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AF75 Artcore

Broaden your sound with the warmth of the AF75 Artcore. This hollowbody beauty plays as well as it looks.

"An excellent guitar, especially for the money!" submitted February 9, 2005

Music Style: Pop-Rock
Sound: This guitar has a wonderful natural, unamplified sound - you can almost use it as an acoustic guitar! It has better resonance and sustain and "body" than most 2-3000$ hollow bodies i've tried! The amplified sound is clean but slightly more "muted" than I'd like it to be. Excellent for jazz and guitar solos for soft pop/ rock music. Feature: The guitar seems traditionally built. The model I own does not have a tremolo nor any other accessory. The controls and their layout is satisfactory. Quality: Seems very well done! the finish is top notch, and there are some fine touches such as the inlays in the neck. There are no "loose ends" in the visible production - it is well finished. Value: One of the best value per money guitars in current production! Manufacturer Support: I actually communicated with Ibanez directly. They were available and friendly. The Wow Factor: It is very appealing. In terms of "sexiness" it is in no way less alluring than exotic 3000$ hollowbodies! Overall: I don't thing I will need to replace this one - it is a keeper and I can see how it serves me for many many years (unless my son accidentally breaks it or something...)

"My dream Semi-Acoustic Guitar" submitted June 20, 2005

Music Style: Jazz, Rock
Sound: This guitar produce the best sound that I ever have. Thus in my own rating, it is 10. Good melow sound, giving a competible acoustic guitar sound quality.. Last week, I played Epiphone Emperor in a music shop.. I can not see the different.. especially with that kind of low price.. Perhaps my Kung Fu is not up to that level yet.. I strongly believe this model will dominate semi-acoustic market segment of $400 and below.. A huge market worldwide! Feature: I still prefer an original Gibson design.. But the outlook is not bad to me. This is very subjective.. Just to be fair to my piece, I am getting in love with her and sooner or later, she will be prettier than Gibson.. I think so. Quality: Compared to Epiphone Emporer II. She deserve a 9. Fine surface finishing, smooth bodyline.. Upon proper intonation, she become my buddy.. No doubt! Value: I am getting it with $240! It worth it!! Manufacturer Support: Good support in my town (I live in Malaysia, a country from South East Asia). The local dealer own a team of experienced technician. Ibanez should thank this dealer for their excellent services. If you wish to know who is he, send me an email to oseng_my@yahoo.com The Wow Factor: She is sexy.. Make you feel you wanna grab her in your arm.. Overall: I am glad in getting this fine piece with such a reasonable price, indeed I think I got a best buy. I will strongly recommend my friends to find the very same model... to be frank I do not want them to have theiur hand on mine.. better for them to own theirs..

"Ibanez has done it again." submitted October 19, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Love.... Jazz, Blues, East-Indian, ethnic, folk, bluegrass, etc., etc.,.......
Sound: For the price you can't beat it, a bit of a buzz when I recevived it. I put on some heavyer strings the number 10's I belive and ajusting the action did the trick, the artcore is very responsive a ton of fun to play. I have an old Fender 100 watt tube amp that I use and WOW!!!!!! The hardware is good, looks like Grover tuning heads without any logo, the pick-ups are great, lots of bells and whistles. The finish is beautiful although a little slop under the neck where it connects to the body, I took off the pick guard to get more of the hollow body sound, a fantastic value for the price to get that JAZZ feeling. Ibanez haz done it again. Feature: It came in a cool cardboard box, the only thing I can think that would improve this product is maybe some better tuning machines, but they are pretty good.

"An awesome playable guitar at a great price" submitted August 9, 2003

By a customer from ozemail.com.au
Music Style: Jazz- rock
Sound: Ever since I Feature: the bridge could have been a little better as it was buzzing a bit, I fixed that. Quality: the guitar was made very well. The factory quality was unbelievable considering it was made in Korea and the quality control was not bad either. the finish is beautiful I have the transparent blue sunburst. and every one that sees it has to comment and want to play it . Value: The guitar I think is worth twice the retail price, therefor is great value for money. The Wow Factor: this guitar oozes sex appeal and sounds just as good

Ibanez AF75 Artcore Customer Review submitted June 18, 2006

Musical Background: hobbyist, maniac guitarist
Music Style: Classic/hard rock....70's stuff
Sound: The sound is great. Great blues and jazz riffs, also plays rock/roll like led zeppelin perfectly. Using it with a Vox AD30VT, i love it Feature: it goes out of tune fairly easily....have to tune it once every couple days but thats not hard at all. Its probly just that i havent changed the strings in a couple months. Ease of Use: really easy to use Quality: Looks AMAZING, everything is still in great shape and ive had it for about a year. Value: really good value for a very cheap price Manufacturer Support: never had to use it

"Outstanding!" submitted June 2, 2012

By Bubba H in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I am 49, started playing when I was 14.
Music Style: Blues and old school rock.
Overall: I bought this guitar last month and I am thrilled about its' playability. The quality is unsurpassed in a guitar at this price. True, I will need a professional lutier to set it up for optimum playability, however, out of the box I am astonished at its' quality. Comparable to many guitars at two or three times the price, a solid value.

"Nice Jazz guitar/ great practice guitar" submitted December 27, 2012

By Javier M in DeLand, FL
Musical Background: 4 years hobby and recording for guitar
Music Style: Jazz/ Blues
Overall: This guitar has everything you wouldn't expect from an inexpensive guitar. It sounds great in my vox and sounds like a great acoustic on it's own. If your like me, you don't like the rest of the world hearing you when you practice and you don't feel like plugging in every time you do; you don't have to with this guitar. You could play your song on with no amp or phones and then plug in when your able to show off.

"Great guitar value" submitted July 5, 2014

By Marc Bowers in South Bend, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I am 63 (gack!). Been playing for 50 years. Played professionally in my youth, now just an occasional jam band
Music Style: Blues, standard tuning and slide in open D.
Overall: I have been enjoying my Artcore for some time now. After a trip to my longtime guitar tech for a set up, I found the tone and playability to be excellent. i am a blues player and wanted the option to "go hollow" for that mellow feel. This guitar delivers!

"Legend in the Making" submitted November 3, 2003

Music Style: Jazz, Hard/Soft Rock, Alternative, Contemporary
Sound: This is the most clean sounding pure-enthralling-passionate-kick-in-the-face guitar I've ever played. Seriously, this guitar is just an honest expression of good sound. A head-turner if I've ever owned something to do that with, and it's got a great value. Compare this sound with the really high-end sounds and you'll find that this is quite the bang-for-the-buck. Stage performances offer a whallup and it's ease of playing is fantastic. Feature: This guitar has a nice switch that selects which pick up is being used: top/bottom/both. It has two tone dials to adjust the tone for the individual pick ups which is really nice. Its range of sound quality is grand. The materials is very good although fingerprints do leave a mark. I would recommend buying polish and a cloth as you will be using this quite regularly if you own this product. Quality: This guitar is so crammed with nooks and crannies that I'm worried that if it gets too dirty I won't be able to clean a lot of the small areas very well at all. I've been extremely careful with this guitar because any mark or scratch will be quite noticeable. But it looks like age will make this a legend. If proper care is taken for the guitar then it will be around for a very long time. Value: As mentioned above, the quality of this guitar is superb and the playability is like silk. This was worth every dollar spent and it shows me as a musician that the very essence of playing and practicality of this instrument opens many doors to refining my skills, and perfecting my abilities. Manufacturer Support: I have not registered my product. This is my first Ibanez product and I do believe that they are keen on product maintenance and warranty details. The Wow Factor: I keep my Artcore close to my heart. She's my musical girlfriend for the moment. Overall: This is the first acoustic-electric guitar I've bought and I'm hoping that this will develop me into a well rounded musician for the many years of music I will continue.

"The Most Brilliant Guitar I Have Ever Seen" submitted February 7, 2009

By a customer from rock.com
Overall
Music Style: Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, etc...
Sound: This guitar has a warm, bluesy sound on its own, but can transform into many different styles like classic rock, hard rock, and heavy metal. Seymour Duncan made this guitar into a badass rocker. Feature: The case I bought along with this was REAL crappy. Well, it's my fault if you think about it. Ease of Use: It is awesome. No doubt about it. Great versatility. Quality: This guitar is beautifully crafted. I got the red one, and once I play a gig, at least everyone recognizes the guitar. Ibanez definitely gets a two thumbs-up for this one. Value: I woulda bought the exact same guitar even if it was like 700 bucks. GREAT value. DO NOT miss out on this one. Manufacturer Support: I never needed any service after using it for almost 2 years now, and trust me I'm infamous for abusing guitars, and I don't think I won't ever. The Wow Factor: The color is great (get the red one I swear to god). Definitely sexy guitar. Everyone loves it. The curves are just too wonderful. Overall: I own a Les Paul. Yeah its a good guitar cuz its a legend, but this one is way more fun to just hang around it and jam cuz it has a great sound. I eventually gave this one for my cousin as a beginner, and he's loving every single bit of it. Great for all people, especially hard rock freaks (like myself) out there.

"Ibanez AF75" submitted March 24, 2014

By Carl S in Cedaredge, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 20+ yrs. Play several instruments. Just a casual player
Music Style: country some blues and older rock
Overall: I am very happy with the new Ibanez Af75 that I recently purchased. I found the sound and playability to be very good. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I found the service fo Zzounds to be everything I wanted it to bee.

"Coolest ever?" submitted December 27, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: guitar for two years, in a banD!!! woooo!
Music Style: rock 'n' roll all the way
Sound: The pickups sound real good. I dig it. Feature: It came with a floating bridge, which means you can't take off all the strings at once because the bridge is not attached to the body. I think my bridge has moved slightly and so the guitar isn't perfectly in tune anymore. I might replace the bridge, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Quality: Awesome inlays, everything is nice and pretty and good. Value: Feels more like a guitar that costs $400 or more. The Wow Factor: Blue sunburst? Everybody loves it. Overall: I love the blue sunburst, and everyone always tells me how pretty it is. This will probably be my main guitar for a long time. I really like it, and it really likes me. All is well.

"If you find one for under $250, buy it." submitted March 21, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: I play and record using this instrument.
Music Style: jazz/blues/rock/metal
Sound: I play jazz and blues, and it is very responsive to the tube amps I use (1969 Gibson, 1997 Tube Works). A very versatile and playable guitar. Feature: The sweep of the tone pots seems greater than normal for this type of guitar. Makes big reverb/10tone solos work great. Ease of Use: Very playable. Quality: Fit/finish are great, action and intonation were perfect. Value: A great value for playing but not a great value for resale. That's only because the new ones are so affordable. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to call, so NA The Wow Factor: Pretty<functionality to me, but it is pretty. Overall: I will play thid guitar until it fails, and I'll buy another well beforehand so I'll be ready for that event.

"Glad I finally got this Box" submitted July 21, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: long time musician, in the process of demo
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Sound: I just got mine from and right out of the box it was great. It needed tuning, but no biggy. I played it thru three different amps with different setting and it was very nice. Great jazzy sounds, great classic rock sounds, and I even cranked the distortion on my Marshall and got decent Heavy Metal Sounds. It's got a floating bridge so replace the strings one at a time. I have not replaced mine yet, I'll have to figure out which ones I want on it. I use different strings for different guitars. Feature: Two volumes, two tones, and everything else is nice. Quality: 9 so far, no problems and I bought mine as a B-stock. Value: Very good, I've played many Hollowbodies in this price range and this was the best, so I got it. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact Ibanez, and I'm sure the seller will be great if I need to contact them. The Wow Factor: This was the best looking and most appealing guitar in it's price range. It has nice binding on the body and neck and the inlays on the neck are very nice also. The blue color is very nice, I have been looking to get a guitar with blue in it. Overall: Could this guitar be better? This guitar is great, but I'm sure it could be slightly better. I would buy another one of these if I lost it, or it were stolen. I have looked at other Hollowbodies and this was it. I looked and played others for a year. This guitar is really great.

"Unbelievable Price on a Quality Hollowbody" submitted August 31, 2005

By a customer from netzero.com
Music Style: rock and jazz
Sound: Plugged it into a Fender Deluxe tube amp in the store and played for a while. I am a jazz guy and this guitar just SANG from the first note I played. I've owned expensive guitars including a Les Paul and a $3000 Taylor Acoustic. Seriously, this guitar has a great sound for an axe costing under $400! If you put it next to a Gibson 175 would you notice the difference? Probably. But who wants to pay $2500 or more when you can own this for $320?!! Feature: It's a basic hollowbody guitar. Two pickups, volume controls, tone controls, you know. What more do you want? It would be nice if it came with a case but at this price you can go get the best case money can buy and still have some cash in your pocket. Quality: Is it as good as a Gibson 175 or an Ibanez PM-120, etc.? No, of course not. Is it probably the best hollowbody out there in this price range? Absolutely. For $320 you WON'T be disappointed in the quality. It's actually pretty amazing they can produce such a quality guitar at this price point. Value: $320. Plays great. 'Nuff said. Manufacturer Support: Can't speak to this one. The Wow Factor: I love the brown sunburst. I'm a little ambivalent about the transparent blue. I want want want this guitar. As a matter of fact I'm going to sell my iPod to raise the funds. Overall: This will be a great addition to my rig, enabling me to cover the kind of stuff I can't do on my Strat, which is my main guitar now. I would take this over any of the lower price epiphones or the Peavey JF-1. Until you can get a Gibson hollowbody for $320, this is the one to buy.

"great sound for the right price" submitted April 8, 2008

Music Style: no cRAP
Sound: The sound is great. Played in store so when i went to purchase they were sold out.I sought this moldel just because of the sound (artcore) the hollow body works for all styles of music.i wanted the af105 but hey this was half the price. well worth the money. Feature: no extras on this model but for my first new guitar it has been great. wanted the af105 but this is what i could afford. Ease of Use: i loved the ease of setup. floating bridge. adjustable neck. ease of tuning. Quality: it looked great i wasnt crazy about red at first but it grew on me and now i think it is good choice. Value: great construction, great sound, great price Manufacturer Support: no need for them yet, registration was very easy The Wow Factor: red wasnt my think , i am not much for flash but hey the red sunburst grew on me. Overall: this is my first new guitar and i am glad with purchase but (IF) I replace it would be the af105. i like the sound but the 105 would open my world to another style of play.

"AF75" submitted June 16, 2012

By Bobby H in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Guitar, violin, bass, and I have played for 20+ years
Music Style: I play blues and rock
Overall: Great guitar for the price. I am not a fan of the floating bridge. I am going to have to do something about that. The way I play, with my hand on the bridge, I keep moving it and it goes out of tune. Other than the bridge issue, I am very impressed with the quality of this guitar. Plays and sounds very good. I am going to get a luthier to set it up and do the bridge and then I think you could compare it to a much pricier guitar.

"Excellent Guitar" submitted January 12, 2005

By a customer from knology.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Active Musician
Music Style: Jazz, Inspirational
Sound: I thought the strings that came on it were too light. I wanted a a jazz guitar. This axe deserves heavier strings. Set up is difficult if you plan to change the strings yourself. I'm taking it to a pro. Anyway, tone is absolutley gorgeous!!! Feature: Body is awsome...Laminate resists temperture changes...Still in tune out of the car and into the gig...Hardware is first rate also. Quality: Excellant... This is a well made Axe, irregardless of cost. Value: 10 all the way.. Manufacturer Support: Not delt with.. no need as of yet. The Wow Factor: Nice looking guitar on my wall. Brings to mind traditional jazz. Overall: This guitar makes me want to practice more. Might replace only for investment value of a vintage guitar.. Then I may not play it as much.

"The answer" submitted April 7, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: longtime "wannabe"
Music Style: Rock, blues, altcountry
Sound: As a on/off again guitar player I'm never sure if I want to go acoustic or electric. I've always wanted to try a hollowbody and now I KNOW. I wish I had been playing this from the beginning! You can play just about anything and it sounds good. Quality: Haven't owned it long enough to see how it will hold up. But the initial look and feel is great. Overall: Unless I go pro (ha ha) this guitar suits my needs and ability perfectly. It will be a long time before I consider looking something else.

When you call, mention priority code 16KV-DVB8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976