When you call, mention priority code 15FD-GMBL

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Vintage Tuners

Give your guitar a vintage flare with this set of vintage-style Gibson tuners. Each set comes with 6 nickel tuners with pearloid buttons.

"gibson vintage tuners" submitted October 8, 2013

By jonny Ray in Sabattus, ME
Overall
Musical Background: electric guitar and play at home
Music Style: rock, and blues
Overall: the gibson vintage tuners i bought from zZsounds are a deffinate for all gibson guitars. a beautiful addition to your guitar and at a very low price! I,ll be buying more for another guitar I,m working on.

"Gibson needs to improve these tuners!" submitted February 2, 2004

Music Style: rock/blues/metal...
Sound: I have these tuners on a Gibson Les Paul Custom, and this guitar tends to go out of tune more than any other guitar I've EVER owned...I should get better tuners...I would play my Les Paul more if it weren't for these lousy(EXPENSIVE!) tuners... Feature: They look nice and vintage but they don't keep your guitar in tune all that well. Quality: They look pretty, but aren't very practical/functional. Value: get yourself some tuners that actually work (NOT THESE) Manufacturer Support: I'm not sure about Gibson's support, but they really should improve these tuners. The Wow Factor: They look nice, but I don't want tuners that don't do what they are meant to do. Overall: If you want to get a vintage vibe on your guitar, these will get you "the look", but iff you also want to have a guitar that stays in tune as well, then look at other tuners.
41 of 48 people (85.42%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy And Epiphone!" submitted February 15, 2007

By a customer from myway.com
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Guitarist, Tour Guitarist, Luthier, Recording Studio Owner
Music Style: Anything that they want
Sound: Although these tuners look vintage, they suck. They are prone to slipping incrementally, causing the guitar to go out of tune very quickly. I have a set in a coffee can in my shop. I went to gotoh tuners which at least stay in tune. And before anyone says I am not winding the strings correctly, I am a luthier, and restring guitars daily. When a product fails to work, the company should do something about it, instead of trading on the past to rake in more profits. Feature: As a Gibson authorized repairman, I called the company about these tuners. After a long distance runaround, I was told the Gibson guitars weren't for players, they were for collectors, if I wanted a guitar that played well, and stayed in tune, buy an Epiphone. I immediately resigned as a Gibson repairman, and won't ever endorse their products again. I have a 68 Les Paul Custom with black tape over the Gibson logo. The company has become a cash cow for the new owners. Ease of Use: After dressing the frets, adjusting the intonation, and replacing the tuners, my Les Paul rocks. I have also had to replace the pick-up selector switch, and one volume control is scratchy. Quality: Sadly, with the amount of money paid for it, it should be better. The finish looks like it was sprayed on by a spastic. The wood underneath was not silexed, so the grain shows thru, and I'm not pleased with the overall quality. Value: A two thousand dollar guitar should be a thing to be proud of. I set it next to my 68 and just shake my head sadly. Manufacturer Support: I couldn't even turn in a bill for the repairs, and this was a brand new guitar. "That's how they are made now" was Gibson's response The Wow Factor: It looks good from a distance. Overall: It mostly sits in it's overpriced case in the closet. I could not, with a clear conscience, resell it for even half of what I paid for it.

"Gibson Quality compromised" submitted January 1, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Hbbyist
Overall: It's sad to see that Whomever is running Gibson has chosen to use these inferior products for their guitars, and charge premium prices. I have a 78 SG and it has Schaller tuners, (or they might be Grovers), they are very high quality and all the Gibson products from that time period were using them. Frankly it is ridiculous to use crap in the name of "Vintage"

"JUNK!" submitted June 27, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Active Musician; 30 years
Music Style: Smooth Jazz/Blues/R&B/Classic Rock
Sound: I am also a luthier and agree that this is one of the worst tuners available on the market. I outfitted my 2006 Gibson LP with Gotoh (MIJ) Vintage Tuners (look them up on STEWMAC). Gotohs are far more superior in maintaing an accurate tuning stability. Ensure you select the smaller peghead bushings style to ensure you get the correct peghead size...The more popular 10mm sizes are much larger than the LP Standard's peghead holes and I DO NOT recommend attempting to re-drill to accomodate the larger sizes. The inscription "deluxe" should be removed from the Gibson-supplied tunes altogether; there is nothing deluxe about them, unless you are referring to them as deluxe trash. Ease of Use: They do not maintain tuning stability. Quality: They do not maintain tuning stability. Value: Junk. Manufacturer Support: Don't attempt to contact them via their TECH DEPT. You will not receive a reply. Go directly to their customer service and you will be promptly assisted. Overall: They do not maintain tuning stability.
11 of 15 people (73.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"COME ON GIBSON USA, WHERE'S THE QUALITY CONTROL?????" submitted May 30, 2006

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: band director 30 years, guitar player 52 years
Music Style: Rock, country, classical
Sound: I am sad that Gibson would put something like these tuners on the market and not improve them. I bought a new Gibson ES 333 for $1200.00 and two of THESE tuners blew completely apart shortly after the warranty ran out. I tried to fix them in my shop, but there wasn't enough metal in the rivits to do anything with. Come on Gibson, I HAD FAITH IN YOU!!!!!! Feature: Look good, like a Gibson should. But I will upgrade to another brand even if it hurts the value of my 333. Ease of Use: Seem to work well, but intonation stablization is a problem. Quality: Come on Gibson USA, I'd like to know who was in quality control the day my tuners were made!!!!! Value: Obviously, Gibson is banking on the value of original parts staying high, even if the quality is low. Manufacturer Support: Gibson support seems to be on the downslide somewhat. I still love the company, but their website isn't even very consumer friendly.

"They stink. Don't buy them. Get sealed tuners." submitted November 16, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, some pro work, jamming too.
Sound: I had these vintage tuners installed on a Flying V I bought used. They looked good at first I thought, and the luthier I bought the guitar from installed them. They were dismal for practical use, and I will explain why. Feature: For a smart man, I can't beleive he thought these were good quality tuners. Two of them fell apart on me, followed by a third starting to. I am not a rough player either. Ease of Use: I kept looking at them and wondered why they even existed. As players, we should be able to trust our instruments, instead of worrying about them falling apart. Quality: They blew in my experience ! I replaced with a used of Schaller sealed tuners. Tight fit between the fingers while tuning, but they worked for me. Value: I was told at the time they cost 25 dollars. That was almost 20 years ago. Worth zip in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: No I was annoyed my trusted luthier would sell the idea these were quality tuners, and put down my replacement tuners. The Wow Factor: None. Overall: Never.

When you call, mention priority code 15FD-GMBL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976