When you call, mention priority code 16JP-QFC1

Rating and Reviews: Fender 65 Mustang Reissue

A reissue of the classic '65 model, this guitar has been played by greats like Kurt Cobain and Todd Rundgren. It features a poplar body with 24" scale.

"Fender Mustang Reissue" submitted April 11, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Band Member
Music Style: Rock/Alternative/Blues/Grunge
Sound: The clean sound is pretty good. The distortion is pretty good too, except when i play the strings open...it sounds different but not bad. Feature: Mine didn't come with any accessories. Ease of Use: It is good to play. The body is smaller than most other guitars i have played. So it takes getting used too. But after that its amazing. The fretboard is a little smaller so if you don't like small fretboards/necks you probley shouldn't get this guitar. Quality: It seems well made ive had mine for almost 6 months and havent had any problems. Value: I think for the value it is an Amazing guitar. Its good if you don't have a huge budget and need a reliable guitar. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use support...but i hear they do a good job and are fast. The Wow Factor: All the tuners and stuff is chrome. I like it mine was Blue...I really like it. Overall: I love this guitar. Its all around good. The only bad thing is size. But size doesn't matter to me. If you want a guitar like this but its too small i would recommend either a Gibson SG or A Fender Highway One strat

"mustang reissue" submitted December 22, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound on this guitar is alright i love the clean sound but the distortion can sometimes seem like it fades if u play for hours... its a great guitar to gig with and is great for a classic/alternative rocker Feature: its features are what u see the whammy bar action is alright better then most actually and the switches are actually pretty helpful you can be playing and then switch one really fast its a pretty handy thing to use Ease of Use: the guitar was not easy to use when u frist buy it, ive bought 6 other guitars this being the 7th none of my other ones had as much fret buzz too high of action needed 2 setups and then 2 new pairs of strings to finally get it to sound good... they should do this before they sale the guitar... Quality: nice guitar nice pickups and sound after the setups and stuff its nice quality Value: you pay for a nice guitar you get a nice guitar after the setups its a really nice guitar that looks awesome great deal honestly Manufacturer Support: never needed any support The Wow Factor: absolutely awesome looking guitar Overall: its a good guitar after u fix the bugs in it when u first but it great guitar
21 of 32 people (65.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This was originally a beginners guitar. If you are not used to low action ~ Don't waste your money." submitted January 15, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: 60's Garage band-Picking it back up.
Music Style: Acid Rock
Sound: The original was awsome, especially with slinky's. Very fast. However the slinky's take away from that "Bite". With the right amp combo (I had a Fender Champ), and fuzz tone it was great for those "60's" sounds. I own a Jazzmaster, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Les Paul Studio, Jaquire and a Hoffner. I can't get the strings close enough to the neck. Unfortunately Nam took my "neck" hand and messed it up. I'm hoping to get to play one and will buy it if the tech's are willing to adjust it to my satisfaction. Does anyone know if it has a truss rod? Feature: Bought it used without tremelo rod. Ease of Use: The action was increditably close. Quality: The original was. I don't know about the re-issue. Value: I could be mistaken, but didn't this start out at around $699.00? Manufacturer Support: The woman I talked to on the phone at Fender didn't seem to know what she was talking about! All she kept saying is: "You need to buy the guitar first and then call me back if I have any questions". Very un-professional. If she didn't have the answers she should have passed me on to someone who did. The Wow Factor: D. All the above. Nostalsia stands out for someone my age, who grew up in 1960's Southern California. Overall: If it stands up to the original, it would be my last guitar. I would have to hear the pick-ups to see if they squeal in front of my amp.

"Not one of the better Fender models." submitted November 10, 2008

By a customer from stevenchappelle.com
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: Eh...heard better. Feature: This was my second ever electric guitar...bought it new in about 1966 or so. Switches and tremelo all broke or became useless over time. Not a real nice guitar. Ease of Use: Pretty high action.... Quality: Cheap Fender...that's what you buy...that's what you get. Value: Buy a Strat or a Tele...I did. Manufacturer Support: Never used. Probably should have, but I was a teenager.... The Wow Factor: For Nostalgic purposes ONLY. Overall: Not too awful for a new guitarist who wants a Fender and has limited funds...but I'd buy a Mex Strat instead. MUCH better guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 16JP-QFC1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976