When you call, mention priority code 155Q-75FC

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Telecoustic

This acoustic-electric guitar has all the style of the classic electric guitar and a sound of its own.

"Perfect for my needs" submitted March 7, 2012

By Gerard B in Lubbock, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 20 years. I jam with a trio of guitar players playing small gigs, mostly for fun.
Music Style: Classic rock, some alt stuff
Overall: I'm generally an electric player but wanted to add an acoustic guitar to my gear. Having read reviews of the telecoustic I knew pretty much all the issues people faced, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Hell, it is only a $250 investment right?When it arrived my first impression was that it was far better looking in person that the image, so I was happily surprised (not that the images looked bad, just the guitar looked great).The tuning was absolutely simple with the onboard tuner. Couldn't have been easier actually. Keeping it in tune is the same (and you do have to re-adjust your tuning frequently, simply because these are new strings. People who say it doesn't stay in tune well should account for that, because if you put new strings on any guitar, they do have to be broken in. Those "re-adjustments" take only a few seconds when I pick up the guitar, big deal)Then to playing...No, it doesn't have the sound you'd get from a typical acoustic, because of the fiberglass (or plastic) back, but that was okay with me. Plugged in, it's a whole other thing because I can make it sound however I want.What absolutely thrilled me was the neck! It is a telecaster neck absolutely! It plays so easily, I can't express it. Awesome neck!Factory setup was great (although when I do restring it at some point, I will put on lighter gauge strings, but the ones on it aren't bad by any means). Action is low and tight. No need for adjustment, for me at least. This is a Fender guitar through and through. Excellent quality.So all in all, this was not an okay $250 acoustic-electric guitar purchase for me. This was a GREAT acoustic-electric guitar that I would have happily paid far more than $250. Great job Fender! Anyone on the fence wondering about purchasing this guitar (ESPECIALLY electric players), get off the fence and buy it! You will not be disappointed!!

"not bad, but close" submitted October 16, 2013

By mr. b in palm desert, CA
Musical Background: sing and play guitar over 30 years
Overall: you would think (like I did)that a brand with a reputation as wonderful as fender's is, that they wouldnt continue building a product like this after years of the same complaints.I knew what I was getting into sound wise and had no expectation of exceptional sound, after all I was buying a shallow bodied guitar, so I knew the sound would be just o.k. my issue is with the neck and thd action just like everyone else whk has reviewed this thing. TOO HIGH..NOT EVEN CLOSE. within ten minutes of taking out of the box, I had the neck off and was using cards to shim the neck into a decent position. really, fender? it is now playable, and sounds really nice plugged in, but the effort it took to get it to simply "playable" was silly and due to the design flaw, this guitar will NEVER be fun to sit around and play for hours. again, the sound is just ok unless plugged in. the built in tuner is a nice feature as is the eq. fender needs to rethink this thing, it would be so nice to have it close to correct right out of the box.

"Sweet sounding acoustic-electric" submitted January 17, 2012

By Matt G in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Drums are my main instrument. Playing for 36 years. Guitar 20 years- is for writing and enjoying in home studio
Overall: The Fender Tele-coustic is a sweet sounding acoustic-electric. I love this Guitar! It feels very comfortable and an ease to play. Not very loud as an acoustic, but thats okay because plugged in to my mixer it can be as loud as i want it to be. I love the the pre- amp, tone controls, and tuner. I have stringed it with" Super Slinky" Electric strings because the strings that it came with were way too stiff of gauge.Over all, this guitar is my favorite as compared to my Ovation Celebrity acoustic (a much more expensive acoustic/electric).

When you call, mention priority code 155Q-75FC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976