When you call, mention priority code 154Y-HDK4

Rating and Reviews: Fender Standard Tele

The Fender Standard Telecaster is a true classic -- updated with a modern C-shaped maple neck, 6-saddle string-thru-body bridge, and 2 Hot Tele single-coils.

"Tele-rific" submitted May 6, 2012

By William Terjesen in Peekskill, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Played pro years ago, guitar, bass, keyboards. Now just play at home and w friends.
Music Style: Fifties and sixties rock, R & B, country, some blues, bluegrass.
Overall: I've had this standard tele for 3 weeks now, and I have yet to see an imperfection in the build, materials, or paint job. This guitar is solid. The stock pickups are very nice. In the future I may experiment with Lindy Fralin's or such, but for now, these are just fine. The maple neck is smooth and easy to play, and the candy apple red paint is luscious. I play it through a Fender Super Champ x2 and the combination is really nice.

"Awesome value" submitted November 24, 2012

By Ethan O
Musical Background: hobbyist guitar player
Overall: I could not be more surprised at this guitar! I got it on a whim because it said it had hotter pickups and less hum. This baby has no hum at all and the pickups are so good I can't. see myself replacing them with texas specials which was my initial plan. They are loud and versatile. They can twang or thump which is what Texas specials excell in. The craftsmanship is flawless and the glossed maple fret board plays as good as any MIA telecaster. Only gripe is the weight which I have learned to deal with. Plus all telecssters and asats are heavy. It contributes to the tone. I have bought a PRS SE Tremonti, an Epi LP Ultra Pro, an MIM deluxe players strat and this in 2012. This one truly is the best of the. bunch!

"Telecasters are great guitars!" submitted May 29, 2011

Music Style: Blues
Sound: Classic Telecaster Sound! Feature: This a simple Telecaster as most are and how Leo Fender intended them to be. I changed the white pickguard out for a black-white-black pickguard. It looks great. Matches the rest of my black electric guitars. Ease of Use: Great, easy to play. Quality: I bought this "blemished" guitar for $100 off list. The blemish is a small, barely noticable discolored edge of the fret board. Other than that blemish the guitar is perfect. I am happy with my purchase. Value: This a great guitar for the money. The $100 I got off this one because of the blemish was a good decision. Manufacturer Support: Did not have to deal with Fender regarding this guitar. I dealt with them on my American Strat. They were great. The Wow Factor: I bought this to round out my electric guitar collection. I also have an American HSS Strat and a Sheraton. Overall: I treat my guitars very well. I expect this guitar to last indefinitely. I did a playoff between this and a standard Epiphone Les Paul. This fit me better and was more suited to playing the blues.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Mexican Fender Standard Tele" submitted November 13, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Singer, Writer, Performer
Music Style: Country Gospel / Southern Gospel
Sound: Craftmanship and quality is superb. Playability is tremendous. Plays extremely well and the neck is just awesome. Fast and even. The sound is amazing. Even volume throughout. No drop outs at any position. It's all balanced. The tones are incredible. Stays in tune very well. When I received mine I took it out of the box (which was packaged very secure, I tuned it then checked the intonation and string heights and neck and everything was perfect. I've owned many guitars in my time and all of them made in all countries and this Tele is right at the top of the list as far as how it's made, the finish, the set up, the quality, and the sound. I play Country / Southern Gospel semi professionally and I'm playing through a Peavey ValveKing 112 all tube amp. The combination of the two are very satisfying. I use the clean channel and a touch of analog delay and I get that classic country twang. Feature: All the components are made extremely well. While many change out the pickups and some even the pots and wiring, I see no need to change anything. The only thing I would consider changing would be the pickguard. From the original which is perfectly fine to a Pearloid. And this would only be a personal preference appearance decision. I did order the SKB Fender Molded Hard Shell case. The Gig Bag is perfectly fine but I like the added protection that the Hard Shell Case provides. Ease of Use: Plays extremely well and the controls are easily accessible. Quality: Great quality. Superb craftsmanship. Value: For the money this Tele is a tremendous value. I personally don't see paying the extra for the American made. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support from Fender. The Wow Factor: I love the Brown Sunburst. And I love the Tinted Maple Neck. Overall: I feel that this Tele will be with me for many, many years to come.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar and Great Customer Service" submitted May 8, 2014

By David V in Riverside, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 15 years, started with Saxophone and have playing guitar since 2000.
Music Style: Punk, Rock, Rockabilly, Country.
Overall: Interest free payments on a guitar is awesome!! Service was great and I received my guitar a day earlier than estimated!! Guitar showed up in perfect condition, this thing is a beauty. I bought the Lake Placid Blue and I couldn't be happier, the tone is amazing.

"Fender Standard Maple Telecaster - Super Fast" submitted July 14, 2014

By John H in Indian Head, MD
Musical Background: Casual Guitarist
Music Style: Rock, EMO
Overall: The Fender Standard Maple Telecaster came to me the day after ordering it, well packaged and as advertised. I couldn't be happier, I will check zZounds for all of my music needs first from here on out. Here in one day, free shipping, I still can't beleive it.

"The Mexicaster" submitted April 7, 2013

By Antonio A in Longmont, CO
Musical Background: I play guitar and keyboards. and wrote music/songs
Music Style: Rock n' Roll, Folk, Blues/Blues-Rock Country, etc
Overall: I really love this guitar. i'm a Gibson man, I love the Les Puals, but this one caught me off guard, it's a break from the LP, and at this price, i'm gonna buy the blue one next week. it's really great, I recommend it to anyone, I played it for a couple hours. the craftsmanship of this is just beautiful.

"GET IT!" submitted June 6, 2010

Music Style: Grunge, alternative, punk & oldies
Sound: It sounds phenomenal, especially compared to other guitars I had compared it to before purchasing. The neck pickup is more of a classic clean fender sound, the bridge has the distinct telecaster twang is great for playing country (i don't listen to country personally, so I use it for oldies). The middle is more of a bright full sound, and is my favorite, as it goes with just about any song. Just remember when using distortion, be sure to turn down the tone knob a bit as the single coil pickups have a sharper sound than humbuckers. For the money, this is the absolute best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned. People will tell you that it can't do heavy rock or metal, but all you have to do is adjust the tone knob and use either the neck or middle pickup and you're fine, plus that's what pedals are for! Feature: If you're looking for a guitar with a ton of features, this isn't it. However, it's more than adequate. 2 single coil pickups, 3-way pickup selector switch, tone and volume knob, Fender Super 250L strings (which make playing this guitar a breeze), and maple neck. That's really all you need, especially if you're a new guitarist, like me. It did come with a gig bag, but you'll want to buy a real guitar case or a guitar stand so it doesn't go out of tune. Ease of Use: With only a 3-way pickup selector switch and one tone knob, it won't take long to find the sound you're looking for. If you're into heavy rock, definitely get a distortion or metal pedal. The guitar is a bit on the heavy side(like a Les Paul), so that's something to be aware of. Quality: This guitar is absolutely solid, finish is great- i got it in lake placid blue, tuners are good, as long as you don't leave it in the gig bag and throw it around, and I wouldn't worry about it's reliability, as they've only been making this guitar for 60 years. Value: Best guitar for the price, it sounds like a thousand dollar guitar. Oh and by the way, I bought the standard made in Mexico telecaster too! Manufacturer Support: Good experience, fast shipping, and product was exactly as described The Wow Factor: It's the oldest electric guitar still in production so it doesn't have a ton of features, or fancy finishes or designs. However, it's retro, classy and looks cool as hell, so there! Overall: Before I purchased this guitar, everyone had told me to get a Strat instead, and now months later I'm glad I ignored all of them because I couldn't be happier with this guitar! I'll never sell this guitar, it has everything I'm looking for
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 154Y-HDK4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976