When you call, mention priority code 173T-WTP0

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Fender Standard Strat

Bring legendary tone and style to your next gig. This Standard Strat features a maple fretboard, parchment pickguard and control knobs, and '70s-style logo.

"Very impressed" submitted December 3, 2012

By Andy B in Cincinnati, OH
Musical Background: Guitar and piano, beginner
Overall: This is my third MIM and I continue to be impressed by them. I got the Lake Placid Blue this time and it looks beautiful. I honestly cannot understand why an American strat costs more than twice as much. Is it just because of labor costs? The quality here is just as good. It was shipped to me fast and left at my door for me. A quick tuning and she was ready to go :)

"simple and ferocious" submitted May 27, 2014

By Road Dawg in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 20 years and professional
Music Style: Blues, rock and some country
Overall: I didn't purchase this guitar from ZZ sounds. I have purchased from them and they are a great customer service company from my experience in the past. I decided to review this guitar here because I often read the reviews from this site and decided I would also share my thoughts as well since I use the same media for reviews. I have been playing guitar for over 20 years and played some high dollar guitars and some low priced guitars. I love the MIM strat and tele's. I play blues, rock and some country. I love these instruments I love the feel the tone and even the looks. You can upgrade pickups hardware if you really want to spend money just to say I out whatever you do to it but with these guitars it's wasting your money they sound and play great from the factory maybe you Want a string guage change Which requires a set up but That's minor for what's going to be a great long lasting tool. You can buy an American model and it's going to retain value better if your into that but if your playing the thing every chance you can get on a stage your not going to be worried as much about it if and when it gets a bump or scratch cause it's going to happen if you're playing it its a tool if your collecting for the future go American simply because of the investment otherwise you just cant go wrong here they are great products.

"great value" submitted October 17, 2012

By Thomas Curry in Whittier, CA
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: rock, soul , ska , blues etc.
Overall: Right out of the box this guitar is great . The set up was darn near perfect, the construction and finish and general craftsmanship are all top notch. I will probably change the pick ups down the line but I am sure I will be playing this guitar for the rest of my life.

"Lake Placid Blue Stratocaster" submitted November 20, 2014

By Domenic F in Boston, MA
Musical Background: Longtime player - over 20 years - not a pro
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: The sound is very good. I will be changing the pickups - but I got a good deal on some 60th anniversary 54's The ones it came with are fine in my opinion Feature: All the standard Strat features work fine - nothing special here. Ease of Use: Guitar was very playable out of the box. Setup was fine for me. Intonation was good, action was good. Pickup height is good as well - sounds really sweet. Quality: Looks like it is made very well - second MIM standard strat I have purchased and the quality is very good. Went through and checked/tightened everything up - it was actually fine. Value: I think the price for this is very good - 500 and then a set of pickups and you have a really nice guitar. Don't even really need to change the pickups. Not a pro here - but I have been playing for years - for a fun guitar you could gig with - I think it's worth it Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use it The Wow Factor: I had wanted the lake placid blue with maple for a while - and I have to say when you see it in person - the pics do not do it justice. It is a beautiful color and with the maple neck/fretboard - it just looks amazing! Overall: Great experience buying from zZounds - the play as you pay is great. Guitar showed up when expected and was packaged very well. Finish was excellent. Looks great. Setup was excellent right out of the box - have not stopped playing it since it showed up at the house!

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted September 7, 2010

Music Style: Metal
Sound: I am very impressed withe the sound of this product. It holds distortion and clarity really well. I am surprised how these pickups are so hot, thinking it was going to be a better blues guitar. The maple neck is so awesome. I have rosewood guitars that sound beautiful, but if you want to sound gorgeous, I like the maple. I do have a gdec 15, but it sounds way better with my crate 120 rfx. Just turn up the overdrive until it barks and then you have a pretty good overall rock sound. I think that this guitar sounds more raw and heavy live than it would in recording, especially based on the strat masters like malmsteen and voodoo circle or joe stump. I saw malmsteen in concert live, and his strat sounded ferocious! But in the studio, he is merely feral; although he is still my favorite guitar player. stick with the stock strings and setup; it is great; about 1/8th of an inch is all you need on the bridge. I am thinking about installing vintage blues dimarzio pickups. Feature: This comes with a standard gig bag, it is nice [Editor's note: Gig bag no longer included]. The tremolo arm is awesome; I love screw in arms; The cord is useful but hardly good. The instruction manual is pretty good about how to care for your strat. I don't believe you can expect much else from Fender. Ease of Use: Great pickups; great setup out of the box. Quality: I have never doubted that fenders were awesome until you own one- I love the neck- it is suprisingly small and easy to use, it is glossy not raw wood; some like it - some don't. The paint job is immaculate- I wtill can't believe that it looks this good and the maple neck is the bomb! The parchment pickguard is even more beautiful up close with white black and white layers! Value: I have three total guitars around or up from this price range and I am very happy with the pickups and the paint job and the maple neck. The Wow Factor: I do not see how a girl could not look at my artic white paint job and say I want that! Overall: I may change the pickups to blusier, but I am satisified with the overall product as is. I

"awesome" submitted October 23, 2013

By will s in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 19 years. professional.
Music Style: Rock and blues.
Overall: Bought this guitar with the Texas special pickups. It is amazing. Smooth transaction and good shipping.

"Fender Stratocaster" submitted November 19, 2012

By Richard S in Lenington, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I am 73 years old and have been playing for 2 years now. I have learned how to play all by myself.
Music Style: Old time country and some 60's music
Overall: I now have two Stratocasters of different colors, and I love both of them. Now I can keep one in the house and one in my shack, and don't have to carry them back and forth.

"fender standard stratocaster" submitted February 16, 2014

Overall
Overall: excellent guitar!!!!

"Possibly the best value in guitars, high quality, low price, great sound, extremely versitile." submitted January 11, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Hard Rock
Sound: This MIM strat is an excellent instrument sonically. I was actually surprised by how hot these single coil Fender pickups are and the variety of sounds you can get out of them. The super bright surf or twangy country is a little out of its range. Also, you can't exactly get the sustain and drive of a humbucker. Still, it is damn close on everything in the middle. A lot of drive and sustain and a very bright clean sound. Almost perfect for crunchy, driving rock and blues sounds. Versatile as well. Feature: The features of this guitar are mostly great. The tone and volume knobs are first rate. The switchable pickup configurations make an excellent variety of sounds. I am basically knocking off two points for the tremelo. It looks to be a Floyd Rose trem. If you have any ear, or if you have to play in a group, a Floyd Rose trem is a big liability. It is EXTREMELY HARD to keep this thing in turn. It should be a locking trem, or a Bigsby. The good news is that if you just play lead solos, it won't matter much. It's not really a positive feature to me though. Mine is locked down with Loc-tite glue. Ease of Use: Ummm... if you can play a guitar, you can play this guitar. Neck is slim, which I like because I have stubby fingers. Other than that, it is a guitar, and you play it. Quality: I have no beef with the materials or assembly of this guitar. It is 'hecho en mexico,' so a lot of people won't touch it. It is a good quality guitar. I can't compare it to an American Standard Strat. I've never played one. This guitar, standing on its own merits, is still a high quality instrument for what you pay. Value: This, to me, is the biggest selling point of this guitar. This is a guitar that you can pick up when you first start playing (if you know you will be serious about it), and still use even if you become the next Fruschente. Of course, if you have money, you will probably buy a vintage american strat (like Fruschente), but most listeners won't be able to hear (or see) the difference. (Again, I have never played a vintage strat, so take that with a grain of salt.) Most important point being that this is probably the best value in a guitar that I can even think of. Manufacturer Support: Did not use. Giving them benefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: This is not a guitar people will envy you for having. This is not a classic. This is not a hot looking guitar. Probably, most people who see you playing this guitar will not even see the guitar. Desirability and sexiness are very low. In all likelihood, this will just register in people's minds as a 'generic electric guitar.' Overall: Again, I am giving it an eight taking all things into account. If you are looking for a great sounding guitar, this is a 10. If you are looking for a great VALUE in a guitar, this is an 11. However, this guitar is not sexy, and while it sounds great, it can't do everything. Personally, I would say this is a primo beginner guitar, and great for blues, hard rock, surf, and clean jangley sounds. It is not for metal or driving sustain. It is not for jazz (especially with that trem). Staggered pickups have their own flavor that is not for everyone or all types of music. Still, one of the most versitile and great-sounding guitars of all time. Look up a list of artists who use a strat on wikipedia, and see if any of those sounds appeal to you. It's a tremedous variety of really great guitar players and sounds. It's a good guitar to think about whether it is primary or secondary.

"A very versatile guitar!" submitted March 14, 2009

Music Style: Funk/Spacey/trippy stuff
Sound: The sound is very tight and crisp. the action is pretty low but not too low. It's great for playing my kind of music which is funk. But it really is a very versatile guitar. It's nice because almost any kind of music can be played on it, from metal to jazz. Feature: It's nie that it comes with a gig bag and a whammy bar [Editor's note: Gig bag no longer included]. The 5-way switch between pickups is also good. And three nobs make it a very good value! Ease of Use: This guitar is amazingly easy to play compared with my old one! Part of that is because of the action but the neck is very playable. Quality: My only complaint about the quality of the instrument is that it's a little heavy. But that only means better wood that it's made of. In all it seams that it's made very well. Value: This guitar is an awsome value! I got mine used for 300 dollars and it's definetly just as good as the american standard. Manufacturer Support: I haven't gotten a chance. The Wow Factor: This is guitar is very good looking while it's not the best. But i like to keep it with around the house when I'm not in my music room just so I can look at it. Just seeing it makes me want to play! Overall: I expect to use this guitar for many years to come. It's going to be my primary instrument. if it was stolen I'd replace it. I most like the sound and playability.
13 of 27 people (48.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY GUITAR. THEN PLAY A BROWN SUNBURST STRAT." submitted July 25, 2009

Overall
Sound: just like S.R.V. + Jimi. set your amp right and you will get the sound. it sounds real good for all kinds of music. there is notting like a real strat!! Feature: just whats on the guitar.. Ease of Use: the neck is fast as lighting. Quality: the finish well knock your eyes out.i got the brown sunburst it is so nice.. have to see it to belive it!! Value: if you want this guitar get it from here. you can not beat zzounds!!!! Manufacturer Support: if you have to used it i bet it is a 10. The Wow Factor: dont play notting but a real strat.fender rules... Overall: i will have this guitar for ever.. end of story..

"This guitar gets the job done for a very reasonable price. If you are on a budget this is the way to go." submitted March 21, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyst
Music Style: LAtin Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz
Sound: The sound of the Mexican Strat is "Adequate" it sound above average for a guitar a this price but It won't take you breath away. There is humming when using some positions from the selector especially if you are using pedal or distorsion. The Mic is something that if you are picky about you should change with time. Sound sit is not bad it is just adequate. Feature: Guitar came came with a gig bag that it is nice [Editor's note: Gig bag no longer included]. I did not use the stratp provided becaue it is too thin. Ease of Use: This is the best part of this guitar. The neck is so smooth and a delight to play. It is not as heavy as I thoguth and it is very comfortable. I was afraid of some "quality" issues with the guitar so far I have find outn none, beautiful finish and even people how knows about guitars think this is an american Strat. For the rpice this is a steal. Quality: The knobs can be better and as I said the pick ups could be better as well. Swappping those would cost you around $200- $250 and you will get the equivalent of a guitar that cost $1500 (An American Strat) and you will have the same sound for a fraction of the cost. Paint is beautiful and I did not find any buzzing or any issues with the neck. Value: I give this the highest score because I think thigs guitar gives the best ratio Price / Value. Zzounds beat guitar center price even when they were offering 10% discount. You make a few tweaks and changes and you will have a guitar whose value is around $1500 and you pay a fraction of that. Manufacturer Support: I did not have contcat with the company because I did not need it. The Wow Factor: This is not the most sexy guitar out there but like almost everything in life looks is over rated. This thing get the job done, has a lighting fast bneck, very comfortable not heavy at all, feel good and dounds good what else you can ask for less than $400??? If you are on a budget this is the way to go. If you don't have the money to swap the pick ups you can live for a while with the factory ones. Overall: Best value for your money.

"Best relation price - value out there.Get it now!" submitted March 4, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyst
Music Style: Rock, Latin Rock, Alternative
Sound: Sound is adequate not great like more expensive Fenders or Gibson. There is some Buzz when you use the middle pick up in high tone. The good news you get his guitar for around $350 -$400 and spend $120for great pick ups and there you go you have a $1000 guitar for a fraction of the price. If you are not a professional or you don;t care about this minor issue you have a great guitar for a price that is a steal. Feature: Mine came with the gig bag which is ok [Editor's note: Gig bag no longer included]. I services the guitar to put new strings and adjust high and action. around $40 extras but completely worth it. The guitar comes with the typical Strat three button volumen tone and the pick up selcetor. Ease of Use: That the best part of this guitar with a begginer pedal or even an amp you csan produce great sounds, as I said before the guitar sound is quite good for a guitar this price. playable and feels good. The neck is like lots of people say like "butter" very fast and easy on your fingers. I have more expensive guitars that do not feel that good. Quality: That's the other good news with this guitar. Mine came impecable as matter of fact I took it to Guitar Center for intiail set up and people asked me if this one the American guitar they were surprise that it was the mexican, nice color, not problem with buzzing or bad freets, perfect color. Value: For the price and quality you get this is one of the best price values out there. If you get an american versus a mexican except for the quality of pick ups you could not tell the difference. As I said it is not that expensive to change the pick ups for excellent one around $100 nore and you will have a $1000 guitar for a fraction of the price. You can take your time to buy the pick ups later. Manufacturer Support: I did not have experience contacting the company because I did nt need it The Wow Factor: I love this guitar I got it in sunburst, very comfortable not that heavy and very easy to play. Love this guitar. Overall: I think I will improve but no change it for another one.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted April 25, 2010

Sound: sounds great just wanted to correct an earlier review, ive had mine for 7 years....works great and has definitly paid for itself. The TREMELO is not "Floyd Rose" rather a fender designed fixed-position tremelo meaning it doesnt require locking nuts. For a non-lockng tremelo it will stay in tune for quite a while(even with soloing/dive bombs) due to its great tuning stability. I put it at 7 because it's just a starter guitar with single-coil pickups. For a greater range of gain control humbuckers are essemtial.

When you call, mention priority code 173T-WTP0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976