When you call, mention priority code 144Q-3WK3

Rating and Reviews: Fender USA Special Strat

Fender's American Special Stratocaster HSS delivers made-in-the-USA quality at an unheard-of price. An Atomic humbucker in the bridge gives your tone a kick.

"Retro but Current" submitted May 26, 2012

By Kevin Z
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 30 years, I play guitar and mandolin, have played professionally for the past 25 years
Music Style: Blues, Blues rock, classic rock, country
Sound: This is a very versatile guitar. I chose this model because if covers a lot of sonic territory having single coil and a humbucking pickup. Given my experience with Fender tremolos I always lock the trem down against the body by screwing the trem screws in the back cover in until the bridge is against the body. In my opinion this modification adds sustain and helps keep the guitar in tune. Feature: The standard 5-way pickup selector is offers the most options and those selections sound great. Again, having a humbucking and single coil pickups is a great feature.The body, neck and hardware is high quality and everything works very well together. An American Stratocaster should reflect 1st class finish and build quality and this guitar meets those standards. Again given the price - you get a lot for your money. Ease of Use: One of the best guitars I have purchased in this area. The guitar tunes easily and stays in tune. One of the most playable guitars out of the box I have every owned. Quality: The fit and finish of this guitar is first rate. I selected the sunburst with a rosewood neck. There are no defects that i can find with the finish. At rehearsal the first time the guys saw it they all commented on how shiny it is. Value: This is a very high value guitar. Top quality construction, components and everything works perfectly. If you are looking for a great guitar at a very reasonable price that you can play almost any style of music on then look no further. Manufacturer Support: Fender is 2nd to none. The Wow Factor: Great classic looks. A really nice combination of vintage and modern options. Most of all it is very affordable for an American Strat. Overall: I purchased this Strat because of the price. It has a few features that are obviously there for cost cutting reasons like the gig bag instead of a hard case, no Schaller strap locks included and a vintage style bridge. Those features have no real affect on build or sound quality.

"Awesome strat !" submitted January 18, 2014

By nate watson in granbury, TX
Musical Background: 30 years of experience, I play Strats and Les Pauls
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Alternative, and a little country
Overall: I am completely impressed and blown away with this excellent sounding and playing axe. I am 42 years old and have been playing since I was about 12 years old. I learned how to play on a Squire Strat and have been playing mainly Les Pauls for more than 20 years now. For a while now I have wanted another Strat and as luck would have it, I got this beauty for Christmas ( thanks to the wife). Mine is the black on black and it is a beauty. The atomic humbucker in this guitar is in my opinion very under rated. It can do metal to hard rock to blues very easily. Hate to admit it but it can stand up to my Les Paul with not much effort. The Texas specials can clean up very nice and get pretty dirty all the same. Put the switch in the middle and get very close to vintage Strat tone ( not perfect but very close). The thing that impresses me the most is the neck. Maybe it is because of how long it has been since I have played a Strat, but I have got to say this guitars neck is lightning fast and as smooth velvet ! I play through a Marshall DSL 40C and a Peavey Vypr 75 watt , I play everything from Metallica to Garth Brooks and this guitar does it all well. The more I play the more I like, I really cannot say enough. Zzounds were great throughout my ( wife's) purchase and shipping was very quick. Buy this guitar while Fender still makes it at this price , you WILL NOT regret it ! I gave the manufacture support 5 stars but I honestly cannot answer that because I have not had to deal with that.

"Fender Stratocaster" submitted May 25, 2014

By Karen Lanners in Harwood Heights, IL
Overall
Musical Background: My son is learning how to play the guitar
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I ordered a "blemished" guitar on line for my son's 18th birthday. It came within a few days and it's absolutely beautiful!!! He loves it, is playing it now as I type this. I saved over $300 on this guitar and it's just phenomenal. So I highly recommend ZZounds. I wrote them back and forth before I bought the guitar since it's a little scary buying something "blemished" sight unseen and they responded promptly every time. I have no idea what the blemish is, but we sure never found it. So, thank you again, we will definitely be purchasing from this store in the future.

"Great versatily, an American gem." submitted April 24, 2013

By David S
Overall
Musical Background: playing music over 8 years. lyrical, bass guitar, now electric guitar about six months.
Music Style: Rock, hiphop, metal, hardcore, jazz, jazz fusion, blues,
Overall: I was looking for a guitar with balance. After much consulting with friends and other guitar players I finally played four different guitars . I was searching for clarity and clean tones but wanted the ability to play rhythm with warm feel. I tried a epiphone lespaul, a fender American standard statocaster, a Mexican strat HSS, and this American HSS special. And honestly, this guitar won my heart. The epiphone was too muddy. The American standard strat was warm, but not hot enough, not bright like I wanted. But the Mexican came close, weird I know. After it all, the American Special took it. I'm not an expert, I'm still a beginning guitarist, but I've played bass over 8 years and I know what type of sound I want.

"Retro with modern features" submitted April 30, 2012

By Ray T in Clinton, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Professional. been playing for 40 yrs.
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, jazz.
Overall: I have owned several Strats over the yrs, MIJ, MIM, Americ,an standard, American deluxe so I have a good idea what I want when it comes to Strats. On this purchase I looked at them all. The American special has the 22 jumbo frets that I wanted (slightly bigger than the medium jumbos on most other models), they make string bends very smooth. It also has HSS with two Texas Specials which I already knew would gibe me sweet tone since they came on my American Linestar yrs ago. Wasn't sure about the Atomic humbucker but after playing with it for a couple of months I am very happy with it, I had originally planned on swapping it out for a super distortion or pearly gates but it has turned out to be way better than I thiught it would be, so it's staying. Thought the bridge was cool looking, has the vintage look to match the headstock but figured it would probably be a headache with these standard tuners. I have been shocked by how well it works (very smooth) and stays in tune. Had planned on installing locking tuners but there is no need for that. When I got the guitar the setup sucked, was way off with fret buzz and choked notes all up and down the fretboard. Spent about three hrs dialing it in and was able to dial it in right were I want it. I am extremely happy with this guitar, plays great, sounds sweet and looks cool. This thing has really good sustain also, aim the humbucker at your amp and it will feedback as much as you want. Clean as can been also, I prefer the Texas specials for clean tone and for some reason this guitar seems more "alive" for lack of a better word. Idk, maybe its the large headstock or the single action truss rod but chords ring out longer than on my other Strats. Very happy with this guitar.

"Killer guitar!" submitted August 12, 2012

By Jordan J in Williamsburg, OH
Musical Background: 18yr basement warrior
Music Style: Rock, Blues, and Metal
Overall: Bought this guitar from zzounds it was shipped crazy fast and looked perfect out of the box. The factory set action was a little high for my taste but, after a little adjustment i couldn't be happier. I normally tend to swap out pickups in strats but, this one with the texas specials and the atomic humbucker is just perfect. I even sold my other strat because i knew it would never be played again. I played this guitar and a American standard and liked the special better. I am super happy with my purchase and with zzounds A++ for them Thank you zzounds for doing exactly what you say you will. I will definitely buy again!

"The starat that will be the future start" submitted August 16, 2011

Overall
Sound: Sounds great as i have allwats said the wood fender uses for it guitars is worth every cent and produce guitras, that age with a great sound love them. Feature: 22 Frets for great playing field and a neck as smooth as butter, the pickups are great a atomic Humbucker and two tex mex picks which i also have on my Tele sound great for lead yes lead or rythem can give u so many tones with the Greaesbucket tone circuit. Quality: no problem out of the box and it feels just right not to much weight and a soil feeling put togeather ax. Value: Fender will find that yeses will only increse in value over the next few years. Manufacturer Support: had a dume question and fender answered me withn 24 hours on a thing i made a mistake on and they are there to answer your questions even ones i should have know if i had just read the care for your guitar. The Wow Factor: every guitar player should grab one before the price goes up. Overall: I would say this was the guitar along with my fender nashville deluxe are all guitars i will nmeed for a long time, I just wished ZZounds would carry fender roland ready guitars try and get these please;

When you call, mention priority code 144Q-3WK3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976