When you call, mention priority code 15TR-7BVZ

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Strat MN

Surf through any tone and style with this classic American Standard Strat. This release comes loaded with three high-end Fat 50s single-coil pickups.

Overall

"NEW FENDER SMELL AND MY NEW FAVORITE LES PAUL SLAYER!!" submitted August 5, 2013

By Robert W. Malin in LINDENWOLD, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing Guitar 30+ Years Previously Semi-Pro,Now,mostly Songwriting,Teaching and Playing Out Pt. Time.
Music Style: Rock,CLASSIC and Current,Hard Rock/Metal.,BLUES
Overall: THIS GUITAR Is The FINEST Stratocaster I have EVER Bought or Played! Between the Diamondback Humbucker and the Middle and Neck CUSTOM SHOP 50's Single coils,You Can Dial in Any FENDER TONES You want,AND,ANY Humbcker Tone you could ever want. I ALSO LOVE the SUSTAIN this Strat Has,Thanks to a few factors,Including the 2-Point Trem,and the LARGER MASS TREM WEIGHT ,the ONLY THING that would Put this Over The Top,would be an LSR Nut. BUT,This is As CLOSE to a PERFECT FAT STRAT You'll EVER FIND! LOOKS as GOOD as it Sounds and Plays,And,With an INCLUDED BLACK DELUXE FENDER CASE,Chrome Logo,...For $1099.99,THIS was an AWESOME DEAL ALSO,....THANK OU FENDER And THANK YOU ZZOUNDS !!

"2012 Fender Am. Std. Strat - Sienna burst w/maple neck" submitted July 31, 2012

By David R in Webb City, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 15 yrs. Guitar and Bass. Made some money in a few bands back in the day. These days prefer to play at church
Music Style: Rock - Alternative, hard, classic, and blues. Christian.
Overall: Awesome guitar for the price. Great look and feel. Fantastic tone. The wood and finish looks fine. The maple neck is smooth, and it's shape feels comfortable to jam and bend on. The 50's single coil pickups sound awesome. I was very pleased. I got the humbucker pickup in the bridge for extra bite like I have in my '03 Deluxe Strat, and it is a little disappointing. Kind of like someone with a sore throat singing the national anthem... A little hoarse and breaks up a little too early when belting it out. Having said that, no buyers remorse and I love to play this guitar. Sounds great, looks great, feels great. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

"Fender American Standard Stratocaster" submitted November 16, 2013

By David N in Ruther Glen, VA
Musical Background: 30 years playing guitar
Music Style: Mostly rock, metal, blues, and jazz. But, basically anything except country and hip-hop.
Overall: I had convinced myself several years ago there was "no such thing as a bolt-on neck guitar worth $1,000". Man, was I wrong. I've owned Standard Strats in the past. This is my first American Standard Stratocaster, and it blows every other Strat I've ever owned away. The quality and craftsmanship is outrageous. The figure of the maple fretboard on mine is stunning. It plays like a dream. The Fat 50's pickups really do a lot for this guitar as well. So, so much sweeter sounding than any other Strat I've had. I popped a DiMarzio DP218 in bridge position, and this is now the most versatile instrument I own by a long shot. This really is a top quality instrument, and worth every penny I paid for it. I don't care much for the fact that Fender went back to the vintage style saddles on the bridge on this guitar. But, a set of Graphtech saddles fixed that. For anyone planning on buying a Strat in the future, I would strongly suggest you save up and get an American Standard. Actually, with Zzounds payment plan, you don't even need to do that. Owning one certainly changed my mind completely about Fender Strats.

"This Stratocaster is amazing" submitted July 13, 2014

By David Winkler in Goodyear, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for over 45 years and have played professionally but now just for fun.
Music Style: I play good ole rock and roll, blues, country, and a bit of Christian rock.
Sound: When I plugged in my new strat I again was totally amazed. The variations of tonal quality was incredible. I played through my acoustic G120 dsp and the sounds I could get were phenomenal. From clear beach sounds using the neck pickups to the fender quack using the bridge pickups. Feature: I absolutely love the tonal variations from the custom shop fat 50 pickups. The maple neck is smooth and fast. Ease of Use: The Stratocaster plays so easy and smooth. Right out of the box, the setup was great with low action without a hint of fret buzz. I've read other reviews where the users had problems with the setup I had no such trouble. Quality: Seems to be very well constructed the fit and finish of every part is perfect. I think my Stratocaster will be around for a long time and something I could pass along to my kid. Value: My Stratocaster was worth every penny that I paid. And I love Zzounds payment plan. This is the second guitar I've purchased with their payment plan and I couldn't be happier. Where other places have turned me down Zzounds always comes through. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had the need to use Fender's customer service. The Wow Factor: It's a Fender Stratocaster that totally lives up to it's name and heritage. I have other guitars but it seems to be the one I pickup first out of all my guitars. Overall: When I received my new strat I was anxious to check out the grain of the wood. Each guitar is different due to variations in the wood. I paid the extra for the sienna burst and the ash body as I love the look of highly grained wood. Well I as elated as the grain and finish was amazing and flawless.

"Candie Cola Strat" submitted January 30, 2013

By Paul Letteri in Auburn, MA
Musical Background: Casual,guitar
Music Style: Blues, Rock and Roll.and. Miss of a lot of oldies I am trying to learn.
Overall: For one the Guitar and finish are Excellent and he Candie Cola is a suberb color.These pickups have a nice bite and their is plenty of flexibility to change the tone.I got the Maple fretboard and neck ,very classic,also the hard case is very good with excellent hardware.for the $1,000 I payed I could not be happier,it even came with a few tools nice booklet 10 ft hookup cable, nd nice Fender shoulder strap and polishing cloth.

"I like it - I really do." submitted October 29, 2013

By Tom L in Cedar Crest, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Entertain myself at home on guitar, drums, tuba or whatever.
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: I'm not a pro or even very good but I have been playing at the guitar for a long time. Recently I've become more serious. I have an Ibanez Am-93 that I really like in all regards. Then I tried a 2012 American Standard Strat and fell in love with how it felt and played. I love the neck and the comfortable design of the body that I've read about is a real thing. Still getting used to the controls, but the sound certainly makes me happy. Build quality is good and solid. The maple neck and frets are comfortable. Fender does kind of overdo the finish on the fret board, but that's a problem only in aesthetics, not feel. Might add strap locks and locking tuners but that's all. I spent the extra dough for the Sienna Burst and it is beautiful and makes me smile. I guess that's worth a couple bills. I still play the am-93 (which is a great guitar for 600 bucks), but it is getting jealous. I'm spending much more time on the Strat.

"Totally Amazing Guitar" submitted June 19, 2014

By David Winkler in Goodyear, AZ
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for over 45 years
Music Style: I play a myriad of styles and songs from classic rock, blues and country to christian contemporary
Sound: My Siennaburst USA stratocaster sounds phenomenal, the custom shop pickups are nothing short of fabulous with a variety of tones available. Through my Acoustic G120 DSP I can get clean "surf music" tones using the neck pickups, or the classic Fender quacky tones using the bridge pickups. Or I can kick the amp into overdrive and get the gritty dirty tones. Feature: The thing about my stratocaster is flexibility. I have a very nice Ibanez am93 with humbucking pickups which is a very nice guitar which plays and sounds great. But my Stratocaster has much more flexibility with the 3 single pickups and tremelo I can develop so many more tonal options. Ease of Use: Right out of the box my Strat was setup perfectly with the medium jumbo frets and the high gloss fretboard, the playability was easy and smooth. I would recommend this guitar to beginners and experts alike. The hand rolled frets are so smooth its like butter moving around the frets. Quality: Honestly when I received my guitar I was a bit nervous while opening the box. Any wood product has it's own personality with different wood grain looks. I ordered the more expensive Siennaburst with the ash body just because I love the way the wood grain looks. When I opened up the case I couldn't have been more pleased. The wood grain on my guitar is very prominent and absolutely beautiful. The fit and finish is nothing short of pure perfection and seems to me that my guitar will last for generations to come Value: My guitar is worth every penny that I spent, and she wasn't cheap but the quality looks and tonal flexibility she was worth the money and if something should happen to her I would replace her. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact Fender customer support at all and from the way my guitar is built I do not think I will need to contact them. The Wow Factor: When I opened the case I was certainly WOW'ed. The looks and beautiful wood grain was total eye candy. When I plugged her in I was even more pleased with tonal capability. Overall: First off I want to say that dealing with zzsounds is a great experience. Their payment plan is incredible and they would provide me credit when no one else would. My Fender Stratocaster is the second guitar that I have purchased trough zzsounds' payment plan.

"Fender american strat" submitted May 25, 2014

By David H in Pflugerville , TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing drums guitar as a hobby for twenty years
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, country, alternative
Overall: I purchased this guitar because I wanted a made in the USA rock/blues guitar of quality. Well that's what this guitar is! It plays so smooth and just sounds like I expected. I already have a les paul and this is the opposite of that guitar. The paul is heavy with a rich sound, while the strat is light and twangy. I think you should have one of each of these guitars if you only had two electric guitars. I won't say one is better than the other because they are two different beast! The guitar came perfect in case with no problems. I would recommend having it set up by a professional to get the most out of guitar as you should with any guitar. The fender guitar is an amazing work of art. The pay as you play option at zzounds is just awesome and everything was easy and went smooth. Thanks

"2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster" submitted September 24, 2012

By Gary Melton in Meridian, ID
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar and bass for 46 years
Music Style: Christian, Rock,Blues,Country
Overall: I received this beauty from zZounds about a month ago and I am well pleased. This Strat is flawless in appearance, the set up was right on the money from the factory. All that was needed was a quick tune and I was jammmin'! She is olympic white with a maple fret board. She plays as smooth as butter and sounds so sweet that I can't believe it! Much sweeter than my old '90 USA Strat which was a fine axe. The sound from the Fat 50's pups is full, clear, chimey, and full of quack in positions 2 and 4. Dial in some drive and the sound is smooth and silky! I have owned over 40 guitars, mostly Fenders but some from competitive brands but this particular one is something special! zZounds is great to work with. I returned an instrument a while back that was substandard (not a Fender) and zZounds took care of me. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks zZounds!

"Best Strat I've ever owned" submitted August 28, 2014

By Rick Miller in Bend, OR
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years, amateur jam meister and open mic night kind of guy
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: I had been playing a Les Paul but it just wasn't my "sound". I'm not a multi-guitar guy so I made the decision to sell the LP and get a Strat. I've been playing for 40 years and have had many guitars, but I seem to always go back to a Strat. This American Standard is absolutely perfect. It feels solid, the neck is fast and smooth, the setup was perfect out of the box and playing it through my '65 Reissue Twin Reverb is pretty much a spiritual experience. The pickups on this model are fantastic, really give what I feel is that classic Strat sound. I would recommend this guitar to anyone who wants the classic Fender tone and feel. I can get any sound out of this guitar. No need to pay more, this one is the real deal.

"What an Excellent Playing Guitar.." submitted December 15, 2013

By Dan P in Cottleville, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing for 50 Years, Lead Guitar....
Music Style: Blues and Classic Rock..
Sound: Very Balanced between the three pickups. Very Versatile, can get any sound I desire.. Feature: Like the Floating Tailpiece, never use the Tremolo Arm. I like the Gloss and rounded edges on the neck. Very Comfortable to play.. My other two came with the new SKB TSA Case. This one came with the Traditional Hard shell Case. By Far my Favorite Case. The SKB might provide better protection but I just like the Traditional. Not sure if there would be any cost difference or even when Fender decided to change back? If it was Tweed would have made me any happier.. Ease of Use: Plug and Play. Stratocasters are the easiest to pick up and play with no difficult set up. I like the options to interchange necks if damaged. Almost like an assembly Line Guitar.. Came with a bag full of Case Candy, 10 foot Cord, Two Allen wrenches, Cleaning Cloth, Fender Logo Strap, Fender Decal and Tremolo Arm. Quality: The 3 Color Burst I received was beautiful. Excellent Quality Guitar.. I am very Picky when it comes money spent and products received. Since the Guitar came with Custom Shop 50's Pickups and the Pickup Covers came aged. The Tremolo Arm came with two tips. An Aged and Bright white one.. Value: I think the Price went up a few years ago. I think the cost should or could be a bit less. But the Guitar quality does warrant the price as is.. I think with cash I could have gotten it cheaper at a local Chain Music Store, but I am satisfied with the service I have always gotten from zZounds.. Manufacturer Support: I have only had one situation where I had to use Fender Service. I have a Fender Bandmaster Silver Face that I changed out the Red Indicator Light with a Blue One.. (It was in 1969 more mellow). The nut on the back of the light worked its way loose and traveled down the wires to the Output Transformer causing the Transformer to short out and catch fire. also same time the two Speakers Blew. The Dealer took in the Amplifier repaired everything making the Bandmaster look brand new. Took 2 Months to repair. The whole time the dealer gave me a Showman to use the entire time.. The Wow Factor: This is my third Fender Standard, I have an Artic White, Jade Pearl and this 3 Color Burst. all look and plays great. The Jade Pearl is my favorite out of the three. Can't pin point why just feels better. But I am very happy with this 3 Color Burst. Overall: Purchased the Stratocaster from ZZounds on a Wednesday and received by FEDEX on Saturday.. Quality was perfect. No Problems anywhere. Not sure how long this set on the shelf but the strings were really Flat, but a quick change and now the sound is very bright when wanted, gritty and nasty when needed. My primary Players are Gibson's between an ES335 and LP Standards. The addition of a Stratocaster fills in perfect... I play through a Bluesbreaker, with the Stratocaster I feel play better in my Old Silver face Bandmaster.. Great Guitar, Great Quality, Great Sound..

"Fender American Strat" submitted October 6, 2013

By Robert F in Selinsgrove, PA
Overall
Musical Background: At home guitar player and collector.
Music Style: Mainly pop rock.
Overall: I bought a blemished Fender American Strat and I was very, very pleased with it. The guitar was well set up out of the box and sounds great. Absolutely no issues at all. Oh, and the case is terrific! I haven't had to use manufacturer's customer support.

"Excellent American Strat" submitted July 27, 2013

By Billy Colburn in Foley, AL
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years of playing acoustic, electric guitars and bass! Currently involved in an original project BagoStones.
Music Style: Blues Driven Alternative Progressive Rock... Floyd + Sabbath + Rush type Original
Sound: She is everything I thought she would be...and more! Feels great! Sounds awesome! And looks like a million! Feature: Everything I need and want on my main axe! Ease of Use: Depends on your playing ability, but for me, she gives me every tone I need to play my Blues Driven Alternative Progressive Rock! Quality: beautiful & well built - the p/u's are awesome and the maple neck is perfect! Value: Absolutely a great value! Manufacturer Support: Can't say I have ever dealt with this company! The Wow Factor: Wow - An American Strat of this caliber for this price! Overall: Love this strat! Plays, sounds and looks great! The Fat 50's sound awesome and my Olympic White with Maple neck has everyone asking about her. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

"my 2012 fender standard stratocaster." submitted September 5, 2012

By Joseph Ralph in Belleville, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar since I was 14yrs old. I am now 46. my Father played, and there was a guitar in our home all my life.
Music Style: I like Rock and Roll. Led Zeppelin. I like Grunge. Alice in Chains. Metal. MegaDeth. and the Blues. Hendrix. there are many more
Overall: this was a blast. I got to pick thee exact model,color and features that I wanted. when it arrived, I opened the case...and that smell, better than "new car" smell. this instrument is fantastic. I got an email from zZounds.com announcing the "10 payment" for fender. no sales tax. everything detail was great. now, I own an American dream.

"american standard" submitted September 30, 2014

By scott g in ocean springs, MS
Musical Background: 12 years of jamming
Music Style: rock blues heavy metal
Overall: This is a very well made pictures do not do it justice it has the best action of any guitar I have ever played the strings bend with ease it does have some draw backs not a lot of features some hum with the single coils but its expected this guitar plays all kinds of music except for heavy metal I do think the Mexican made strat is a better value for the money even though this is a way better guitar not just 600 dolllars better either way i'm never selling it!!!!!

"maple candy cola" submitted September 8, 2012

By larry kennedy in kingston, TN
Overall
Musical Background: started playin while elvis was
Music Style: southern, blues
Overall: as my travels in music have shown me many fine instruments, i relinquished some big names to have this box stock std strat (american) this instrument is indeed what it takes for me in terms of fit, finish, and playability. that complaint about hard to turn pots are probably from someone who doesnt know that the bridge tone pot is also a switch. this is a wonderful finish for an instrument and the 5 way switch which effectively gives you two hum bucking positions is a nice update. YES the guitar i received from zZounds was worth the $1000 ticket.

"fender usa stratocaster" submitted March 20, 2014

By david r in enumclw, WA
Musical Background: pro-40 yrs
Music Style: all
Overall: very nice ,sounds great, neck has good feel. love the simple controls lots of sounds and not much to go wrong. I will be hanging on to this one. go zzounds

"Wonderful Guitar!" submitted January 29, 2014

By Lee Miller in Tallahassee, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for only 3 years.
Music Style: Rock,blues,metal
Overall: This guitar is simply amazing. Great sound, craftsmanship and play-ability.

"Sienna Sunburst American Standard Strat" submitted March 11, 2013

By Kris Edwards in Seaside, OR
Musical Background: At home jammer
Music Style: blues/rock
Overall: First off, ZZounds is the BEST site on the net for all things music. They have earned a customer for life from me.. Now, on to the guitar. It arrived quickly and when I opened the case I was very pleased. It seems cliche` to say the pictures don't do it justice, but that is definitely the case here. The finish was excellent and after plugging it in, there was no disappointment with the sound. The neck feels and plays great, but I was surprised at how light in color the rosewood fret board was. I think this will be fixed with some proper conditioning if I choose to darken it, but it actually looks pretty good with the sunburst. I will eventually upgrade the tuners to locking ones...that was the only feature of the deluxe that I was actually willing to pay for. I can live without the S1 switch. Action was perfect for me out of the box. After the tuning/intonation I played for hours ;) If I wasn't at work, I would be playing it now. I have no regrets in paying the extra money for the Sienna Sunburst finish. The ash wood grain and aged plastic parts really give a great look to this guitar. Finally, If you're on the fence about standard vs. deluxe and aren't in a spot to physically play them before you make your decision, I can say this: The standard does NOT feel like a cheap guitar. As I said, the tuners for me are the only obvious upgrade, but the existing ones certainly don't feel cheap. I have no experience with the S1, but for me, five tone choices are plenty. Beautiful insturment! NO regrets. Thanks zzounds!

"American Strat" submitted May 19, 2014

By Andy Davis in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: 20yrs, gig occasionally
Music Style: Play mostly R&B, funk, and blues.
Overall: Great guitar for the price!

"Fender 2012 USA Std Strat" submitted July 9, 2012

By Khairi W in Buford, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Played trumpet in middle school but stopped after 3 years, picked up guitar a few years later and have been playing for 3 years.
Music Style: I don't really have a particular style, I hear something I like and I explore the internet for tabs or sheet music!
Overall: Absolutely wonderful guitar! Sounds remarkable, plays amazing, and is very well made. Not a single blemish on it. The setup out of the box was great, intonation was perfect and it was already tuned. The only thing i had to do was raise the action a little bit (only because i like it a little higher up than most players). It sounds absolutely gorgeous. I don't know why but for some reason the pickups at first didn't seem very hot, but after a few days they picked up distortion a lot better so I'm assuming they just needed to be broken in a bit. My previous guitar was very poorly made squier strat so as you can imagine im very happy with this upgrade. If you are having a tough time choosing between a MIM strat and a USA, its well worth the extra money.

"If it ain't broken don't try and fix it" submitted November 4, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: been playing about 5 years guitar as a hobby and jaming with friends
Music Style: blues, rock and some jazzy stuff
Overall: 2012 Olympic white Stratocaster with maple neck, the guitar itself feels great but I must say that the fat 50's pickups are not that much to my liking because with a clean amp they are ok but not that much better than the previous alnico V pickups. However with some gain and distortion on my Marshall jcm 2000 amp it becomes clear that these new fat 50's pickups are a step backward with gain and in the distortion department because I am getting funny overtones for starters and that even after adjusting and fine tuning the pickups and even more disappointing is the bridge pickups which has to be dialled right back in the tone to get a half decent rock sound out of it. I just feel that the previous alnico pickups did a better job for playing rock and lead guitar due to a higher output in contrast to vintage specs with lower output as on the custom shop fat 50's pickups. I ordered myself some alnico v pickups because I thought that they sounded better in the 2008-2011 model strat to my ears and did exactly what I wanted them to do. Apart from my disappointment in the new fat 50's pickups my all maple neck had a slight dint right on the edge near the lower e string between the second and third fret which didn't impress me either but can I can cope with that one as I am sure it will have more dints in time. Also the Fender SKB guitar case wasn't in perfect order either because the hinges were not properly riveted to the case which makes the lid feel very loose (I wonder what the Fender inspector was doing that day?) In my humble personal opinion all in all not such a great upgrade compared to the previous model because the guitar itself is still the same apart from the pickups which people have been changing anyway to suit their taste, I believe it to be more hype and to sell more guitars than an actual improvement as such. My motto is why try and fix something if it ain't broken.

"Great Guitar" submitted February 16, 2014

By Steve P
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Overall: The service at ZZounds was great. The guitar arrived the next day. Guitar was in great condition, great tone. Setup was to factory specs. I changed strings, set it up the way I wanted and let'er rip. Great!

"I must have got a guitar built on a friday" submitted June 5, 2012

By Gary W in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Always been a hobby but have more time to play. I play mostly guitar. Jam with friends.
Music Style: Rock and roll, blues, prog stuff.
Overall: The tone knobs are very hard to turn and the high E string keeps coming out of the nut. It plays and sounds great though. I think $1100 is a bit on the high side. It comes with heavy duty case. You could probably drop it down a flight of stairs and it wouldn't hurt the guitar. I'll let someone else try it though.

"WORST SADDLES EVER!!!!" submitted May 10, 2013

By KEN TAYLOR in HERMITAGE, TN
Musical Background: PRO PLAYER
Music Style: WHATEVER...
Overall: THESE SADDLES BREAK STRINGS...FIX?...GRAPH-TECH SADDLES...GREAT GUITAR AFTER THAT......

"2012 Strat" submitted September 7, 2012

By j r in newberry, SC
Overall
Overall: I purchased this five days ago and it is awesome. It sounds awesome and I am very satisfied from day one. I like the fat50s pickups and all the other features in general. The shipping was fast and nicely packaged no damage or no scratches. zZound is great, thumbs up to them!

"The best yet" submitted March 19, 2014

By Sidney G in Kennewick, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing off and on since age 14, I'm 61. I rock out at jam nites,Christian music, and play guitar, bass and some drums
Music Style: Rocking out is my favorite!
Overall: Having already purchased a 2011 model, I was enticed by this newer model with hotter pick ups. This new 2012 model just hit the nail on the head with its' new look and sound. Fender keeps outdoing itself year after year

"Strats through the ages" submitted January 27, 2014

By Sidney G in Kennewick, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years 6 string and I just normally jam at the local places
Music Style: Rock, blues, Christian
Overall: I find that US strats have a quality feel and sound to them. I have owned MIMs, MIJs, and Squiers. I think that qualifys my opinion.

When you call, mention priority code 15TR-7BVZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976