When you call, mention priority code 14PF-1YQ3

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Strat RW

With powerful Fender Custom Shop pickups and improved hardware, the American Standard Stratocaster just keeps getting better.

"My first American Strat, " submitted March 19, 2014

By Freddy S in Lincolnton, NC
Musical Background: Have played music most my life, Piano keyboard, guitar,
Music Style: Country, classic rock, some Jazz, but blues is were my heart is and writing my own music.
Sound: Sound of the Fat 50s pickups is in a class all there on, the clean sound is beautiful with that bell like chime. From there you can get anything you want from blues to rock and more bite than a junkyard dog. She just has a sound that makes it hard not to smile when you play her. Feature: Best New features on the American standard is the 2 point tremolo, it takes a lite touch to use and stays in tune very well. I like the New bridge system as well, and the tuners are great. And should you need to use it there is the micro tilt for fine adjustments to the setup. Out of the case my guitar was setup very well, I only had to do very little to get her were I like it. Ease of Use: This guitar plays great, she chords so easy it almost plays it self. You have seen reviews that read plays like butter, well this one dose. The volume and tone controls have great response, and the 5 way pickup switch has no play in it with a nice firm click when you switch from setting to setting. Quality: Quality is first class all the way, the Finish is so beautiful and there are lots of colors to pick from. All the hardware on her is of the highest quality. Value: At the price you pay for this guitar the value is more than anyone could Hope for. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use then but I'm sure it's some of the best. The Wow Factor: The way the guitar looks and sounds, it's one of the most beautiful guitars made. And the fact it's the American standard with custom shop fat 50s pickups puts it a step above the rest. Overall: This is my first American Strat, and I'm not Disappointed at all. She is everything I wanted in a guitar and then some. I have a MIM Blacktop Strat that I love, and it's so well made I just could not Imagine that the American Strat could be much better. I was wrong it's better in a lot of ways, first the wood she's made from is beautiful and I love the way the wood grain just comes through the finish. The neck is so smooth and the rosewood fret board has a nice dark tone that looks Ebony.

"Great guitar with a great neck (almost didn't Happen)" submitted January 22, 2014

By Clay B in Kingston, TN
Musical Background: guitar,Jam at home
Music Style: country
Overall: When I ordered my guitar and I was so OCD about the neck and frets being right I failed to notice that the case did not include the whammy bar ,strap and cord. I was upset because I received an opened guitar. I called customer service and explained my problem and they were very apologetic and gave me a return label and I received a new one with in the next few days and everything was perfect. My experience was a good one because they did the right thing. Thanks again

"Sweet Guitar, Great Store " submitted September 5, 2012

By Rex B in Lomita, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since 1963, drums, guitar, bass, uke, mando, etc.
Music Style: Many. Mostly rock, country, blues, jazz, reggae.
Overall: The first one I got had some problems. Sent it back, they sent me a new one, no problem, no cost. This is one of the best strats I've ever played, certainly the best I've owned. Once I straightened the neck and adjusted the saddles a bit, it was perfect. Even the trem was adjusted perfectly. It stays in tune! Took off a point for some fret edges that needed smoothing, easy fix. Love the pickups, too. I even love the case! I don't usually like to buy guitars unseen, but zZounds stands behind their guarantee, and I love this guitar!
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What a classic!" submitted April 21, 2014

By Milton D in Laredo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing semi pro since the late 80's.
Music Style: Rock and blues with a dash of heavy metal, of course...
Overall: Fender has to be just about the most well known guitar ever. I got this guitar and was not disappointed. Very well made, the details were clean such as fit finish, frets, set up was great out if the box, the Fat 50's pups sounded great and after stretching out the strings... It never slipped out of tune! My only disappointments are 1. The case. While it is a very good case I was let down that it didn't come with the REALLY nice SKB heavy duty case I thought the American Standards were coming with. 2. How quickly Fender (along with other big names) keep raising the price tags on these babies! Just my opinion. Beatiful guitar I bought the 3 tone sunburst with rosewood fretboard. Very rich looking finish. I love how the neck was very smooth and natural on the back (no gloss). Some may say it's a very simple guitar that hasn't changed or kept up with the times but isn't that a good thing also? There are modern touches that are great like the neck finish I mentioned, the height of the tuning posts matching their positioning, vintage trem but rides on two points, aged plastic that is subtle but makes a very nice visual difference to a sterile white, the rolled edges to smooth out the feel of the neck, the micro tilt neck adjustment... As they say, the devil is in the details! And the details in this guitar make it an instrument that can easily become anybody's #1 go to guitar.

"Excellent guitar" submitted January 30, 2014

By Jonathan Rucks in Alpharetta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 20+ years and recording for 10 years.
Music Style: I play to what the genre calls for in style and tone.
Overall: First, the look of this guitar is absolutely amazing! The Pearl Jade Green finish is eye catching. However, the sound and playability of this guitar is truly heaven. I am a lifetime Les Paul guy but needed a strat for a switch up in sound and tone. After having a professional setup, which I do for all my guitars, this baby sings. Do not hesitate. Wish I could say more but I'm new to the strat world and really love my choice..

"My first strat..." submitted February 27, 2014

By Jonathan Rucks in Alpharetta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 20+ years and recording for 10 years.
Music Style: Blues, hip hop, R&B, post-rock, ambient metal, shoegaze, whatever I feel like playing and recording.
Overall: I have been a Les Paul & seven string player for a majority of my musical journey. However, at times I wondered why I never owned a strat even though I have used a few borrowed ones over the years. So I bought the 2013 American Std. in Pearl Jade. First, this is an absolute stunner visually. I was expecting the loss in output with the single coils, but it had it's uses. This guitar sings on rhythm work where cleans are important, and of course you can wring the beejesus out of hot blues leads. The only issue was a string noise problem which required a professional setup, but I do this with all new guitars anyway. Buy one, buy from zzounds and make some great music.

"2014 Fender American Standard Stratocaster " submitted February 18, 2014

By Lorne S in Lowell, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for around 25 years. I own 4 Strats and a Martin HD-28 acoustic. I play in a band.
Music Style: I've played everything from Blues to Bluegrass but my Strats are dedicated to Classic / Southern Rock and Blues.
Overall: I am very pleased with ZZ sounds and I'm pleased with the guitar in general, but a little disappointed in the setup of the guitar. The Fat 50s are nice sounding pups but a little bright on the neck pickup. I remedy this by simply adjusting the tone knob. The bridge pup is nice and twangy and a bit trebly as per usual on a strat bridge pup but the rear tone control is a very nice option and is more than acceptable. I expected more from Fender since I paid a lot of money for a high quality American Strat but the setup was unacceptable. I had fret buzz across the entire neck. I'm not a pro at set up but I've been tweaking the action, truss rod and saddles and am about ready to take it to a professional. This is a drawback from buying online. You can't talk to a tech and tell him what you expect from the setup before you carry the guitar out of the stoor. Also, to be fair, environment changes a setup a great deal so it could have played perfectly before it left the Fender factory. All in all, this is a great guitar and I'm sure it will be a source of pleasure for years for me and my daughter as well when I hand it down to her.

When you call, mention priority code 14PF-1YQ3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976