When you call, mention priority code 171L-PKKG

Rating and Reviews: ESP AX50 LTD Guitar

With a basswood body that resembles a battle axe, this guitar delivers the crushing metal tone to match. It features a bolt-on maple neck and ESP humbuckers.

"BRILLIANT GUITAR FOR ITS MONEY." submitted October 20, 2008

Music Style: METAL!!
Sound: The distortion sounds great for a guitar this cheap...i have seen ibanez guitars which haven't matched up to this guitar, and those are almost double the price of this ESP guitar...the clean sound doesn't sound the best, which is why you might need to change your pickups if you are going to play a lot of music on the clean channel... Feature: The guitar features a 3-way pickup change, which is perfect for this guitar..one tone knob and one volume knob...my volume knob fell off and it is kind of hard to change the volume while playing because now I have to use my fingers to change the volume instead of my palm area...but I normally manage because I am usually playing throughout the song, but it may bother you if you want to create melodies using the volume knob.. Ease of Use: Its got XJ frets which in my opinion is the easiest to play..and otherwise its like any other good guitar...its a guitar man, how hard can it get???? Quality: I have the black colored one which looks HOT. Most people are in awe of the curves(including me) and if you buy it, you will be amazed by the looks of the guitar, and besides my volume knob falling off, i have no trouble with quality, its ESP, and they are known for METAL guitars, and this is no exception.. Value: 220$ is an AMAZING price for this guitar. THIS GUITAR IS WORTH THE MONEY. Period. Manufacturer Support: I had to call them to actuall decide on which guitar, and they were very informative, which allowed me to make the right choice for sure..and i have not called them since, because i haven't had any trouble with the guitar... The Wow Factor: This guitar is one of the hottest guitars around now...that's all i need to say, if you need more info...LOOK AT THE GUITAR!!! Overall: I love the guitar, its a perfect metal guitar, and when people ask me how much it cost me, they shake their heads in disbelief!! If you like metal, and want to play metal, and you want a good starter electric guitar for metal, then look no further.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great value for a well built guitar." submitted June 13, 2007

Music Style: Metal, Classical, Punk, Hard rock
Sound: This guitar actually sounds really good for the price, especially with high gain using the bridge pickup. I own an esp eclispe as well, and unfortunately the eclipse just blows this thing out of the water. This guitar is definitely made for metal, some lead work, but probably best suited to rhythm playing. but for the price, you really can't go wrong as far as sound is concerned. Feature: My ax has a bass wood body, which makes for one extremely light guitar. In fact, its probably one of the lightest guitars I've ever played, which is great for gigging and standing for hours on end. The draw back to the body wood is that the tone suffers a bit, sounds a bit thin and isn't as thick and full a sound. 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way pickup selector, in my opinion thats just perfect. The guitar looks amazing, mine is the silver one, which is one wickedly delicious finish. Ease of Use: The guitar has amazing playability, extremely fast neck, 25.5 scale, which is my favorite, great fret spacing. I actually won my ax in a contest on the ESP website, so the boys down there did a custom setup on mine, d'addario 10-46's, no fret buzz, low action, needless to say its perfect to play. Quality: Everything seems fine here, my only complaint is that the guitar just seems too light, which makes it feel quite cheap. As far as the actual quality of the guitar is concerned though, everything seems great except the tuning machines are a little sloppy and not as smooth as I'm used to, however, I've had no tuning problems or the like. Value: Great value, especially for me, I got mine free. Great for a beginner metal guitar. Manufacturer Support: I contacted them once, they got back to me right away, but I needed a part, and they they don't sell parts, and that blows. The Wow Factor: I'm glad I have it, but I probably wouldn't have bought it myself, as I won it in a contest. Overall: The look of the guitar is great, sound is a bit weak, playability is awesome, really light, good for gigging, comfortable to play for the most part.
33 of 35 people (94.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You Cant Go Wrong" submitted November 13, 2005

Music Style: Metal,
Sound: OMG this guitar is so sweet. I absolutely love it! I can go from Cash-Dimebag with this axe it does it all. Feature: The only reason i gave this guitar a 9 is becuase it cam with a toggle pickup switch which im normally not a fan of but that doesnt change anything. I have this guitar in silver and the black hardware on this beast is sweet. Quality: Havent had any problems with this guitar yet holds tuning amazing. But i will be putting some better pickups in this guitar soon. Value: This guitar makes you feel like a king. Manufacturer Support: Due to how they make their guitars im sure their support is just as good. The Wow Factor: everything is sexy about this guitar Overall: At the moment their is never gonna be another guitar for me. If this guitar were to ever be ruined it would be the first one i would replace out of all my guitars.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great guitar at a cheap price" submitted April 14, 2012

By Jim M in Willcox, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I've played the guitar for about 35 years, and played for 2 different bands, live and fun.
Music Style: Hard rock and Heavy Metal
Overall: This guitar is a one of a kind. When I first got this guitar, I was expecting to get a cheaply made Korean job. After I opened it, almost didn't have to tune it either, I noticed how light it was. I recognized the neck from one of my other ESPs I have, and played a few licks right off the bat, and WOW! This actually plays better than my ESP Ltd MH 327, an easy $700 + guitar, and held it's own against it. The action can be lowered to suit your taste. Even though it comes with entry level pickups, it does sound good. The pups were designed to play rock and heavy metal, which I play all the time, but that's the only upgrade I would make on it. Great action, great and awsome body, great electronics and the unbeatable price, makes this a once in a lifetime purchase! You must have this guitar, great for beginners to active musicians, you won't be disappointed in this guitar at all. I've been playing the guitar for 35 years myself, so I'm NOT guitarded by any means. It's definately one of the best playing guitars I've ever had, and I own guite a few guitars as it is.

"ESP LTD AX50 Electric guitar " submitted October 21, 2013

By Labyron W in Los angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Still a biginner guitarist playing metal, classical, Rock, blues
Music Style: Metal, Classical, Rock, blues, R&B
Overall: This guitar is great! especially for the price range. I would suggest changing the strings to better quality but its a great guitar for starting. its extremely easy to play nice sized frets and a pretty good tone and it pretty much stays tuned. I really like it a lot and was very happy with my purchase

"Best Buy." submitted September 2, 2009

Musical Background: In a band
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Experimental, Ska
Sound: Absolutely love the sound, I baught this guitar today and have upgraded from an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, I prefer this axe so much more and it was half the price. Feature: My guitar came with a Ernie Strap ($22) and a Tourtek Lead ($35) for free which I was pretty happy with, The only thing I can say is to upgrade the pickups, I plan on getting an EMG for my treble pickup as it is all I use and dont see the need for an extra at the front. Ease of Use: Guitar feels lovely, I remember seeing at it in the shop thinking it would be bulky and heavy I picked it up plugged it into a roland cube 30 watt turned gain right up and started shredding, It felt so natural with the neck and the shape. Quality: Guitar came fine, nothing wrong with the paint, it even came fully tuned up, For the price I payed im extremely happy. Value: I payed $500 for my Ax-50, it was marked down from $700 because I know the owners of the shop and got about $60 free gear with it. I was extremely happy with my purchase and from now on Im thinking off sticking with Esp\Ltd and I recommend you do to. Manufacturer Support: Havent needed any support with it. The Wow Factor: Epic, this guitar looks F**king beast! Overall: Get it, all I can say.

" ESP AX50 LTD Electric Guitar" submitted August 25, 2014

By Branden smith in faribault, MN
Overall
Music Style: rock, classic rock, metal, etc
Overall: guitar is freaking sweet, sounds great, the reviews on site matched up, which were really high. awesome that they offer pay as you play, only issue is when i opened box and inspected the beauty, i noticed a decent sized crack on the back side where one of the small screws are, seems it was tightened too far. i wanted to contact zZounds re: this but i didnt. overall satisfied besides that

"Needs upgrades" submitted February 20, 2008

By bdc_ic_3hotmail.com
Musical Background: Active band
Music Style: Metal, Industrial, Heavy Shyt
Sound: well, until you get new pickups, playing more then one string at a time is a waste of time. the sound is sloppy Feature: i couldnt really rate this. nothing extra really Ease of Use: its a guitar, how hard can it get Quality: Definately cool finish,the stock strinks are pretty much rusty steel cables, so change those like, when u get it. the pickups are shotty, change those too Value: Its nice for what your paying for, no doubt Manufacturer Support: Havent needed any, but im sure its awsome The Wow Factor: This guitar looks awsome when you acctually get it. nothing but high praises from all that have seen it. get it, love it, people will love it Overall: Its a cool guitar. I'm getting new pickups soon so i think ill use this guitar forever. I'm also getting a custom paint job from the company that sells it, ESP. I would recomend this guitar for the price, but its not a pro's guitar by far

"Jesus created this guitar, cause no one else can." submitted August 18, 2008

Overall
Sound: this has awsome sound. The only thing that takes a while to get used to is where the sound notch thingy is a tiny bit to close to the strings. Sometimes when you're playing and it's in the amp and you don't here it through the amp you would ask yourself "WHAT THE CRAP!?" Still, its awsome. Feature: no accesseries, sadly. Ease of Use: u plug it in and it WORKS! its as simple as that. Quality: when you look at it , it sticks out. i mean its 3-D. its not just a flat guitar, AT ALL! look at the picture and look at the edges, find another guitar like this, it'll take forever. Value: take my word for it, its all worth it. Manufacturer Support: i just got free shiping and it only took about 4 or 5 days, less than a week for me. The Wow Factor: EVERYONE LOVES THIS GUITAR! Overall: i always play it, and i always enjoy it, and i think i always will...

"Get this guitar!!!" submitted March 4, 2010

Overall
Sound: The sound is definetly perfect for metal how ever if you want a more hard rock sound you got some fooling around to do Feature: I feel that it needs more features insted of 2 nobes and a switch Ease of Use: really easy to play based on location of frets and how easy to get sound from the strings Quality: Definetly made for what it's for Value: 100% worth haveing Manufacturer Support: I've never owned an ESP befor, but I definetly want another The Wow Factor: If you want a heavy metal girl (if there is one please call me)then this guitar is good for that Overall: best guitar I've played and owned

"NICE AX!!!" submitted March 23, 2007

By a customer from flycapeair.com
Musical Background: 1 year
Music Style: METAL!!! (all kinds)
Sound: nice but could use some work. great for metal or hardrock. Feature: it basicly has what you need for a beginner or pro. two humbuckers, tone and volume knobs, and the guitar comes with a good magazine so you con buy more stuff. Ease of Use: seriously its a guitar, how hard cuold it be to use! Quality: the one i was sent had a small paint glob on the neck but i guess i was just sent a slightly poor condition guitar. some of the screws were loose but not a big deal. one thing for sure is that the strings ABSOLUTLY!!!! need to be replaced. there practicly steal cables!!! Value: probably not worth $250. i own a BC.RICH warlock and i got that for $50 less. try shopping for the right price! Manufacturer Support: never called them dont think i'll have too (i dont realy know about ten stars. they get freebie on this one) The Wow Factor: there are guitars that are much better out there, but dont get me wrong this is one great guitar!!! Overall: if your a beginer you want this AX, if you consider yourself pro you might want to do some more shopping for a higher quality guitar. But if you want it go for it and buy it.

"COolio Producto" submitted April 19, 2006

By a customer from GMAIL.com
Musical Background: hobbyist..... active
Music Style: anythin that sound good
Sound: 3 words - my... ear... hurts... Feature: no accesories.... but that's okay Ease of Use: its a guitar... u have to be retarded.... Quality: i like satin... Value: kinda expensive but worth every single penny and copper wire Manufacturer Support: solid body..... The Wow Factor: i want it Overall: goood amazing excellete

"its okay" submitted September 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: it is always out of tune Feature: it cant hold a wammy bar Ease of Use: it's pretty easy to use Quality: the paint chips very easily and the poins break Value: its worth the money Manufacturer Support: they sent it right away The Wow Factor: the crappy paint looks cool Overall: its okay

When you call, mention priority code 171L-PKKG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976