When you call, mention priority code 1710-GHNJ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone DR212 Guitar

Skip the 6-string and go straight for the 12 with this guitar. It features a spruce top and mahogany back and sides.

"Worth way more than it costs!" submitted August 12, 2011

Musical Background: 20+years on the strings
Music Style: blues + rock
Overall: I don't think you could find a better 12 string for twice the money.The money you save,you could buy a nice hardshell case for it.there wasn't any buzzing of the strings as you play up the neck.I was very surprised at the quality.I will not hesitate to buy another Epiphone in the future.

"Great 12-string for the money!!" submitted September 15, 2012

By Gregory V. Thomas in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar since I was 13 (I'm in my 50's now). I play guitar, bass, harmonica, drums and some banjo.
Music Style: I play music that I enjoy. That includes all kinds of music, but I come from a Rock/Blues background.
Overall: Okay. It's not top of the line, so you won't expect much. You know how much you have to spend. But, let me tell you the instrument I received (a DR-212NA) is much more than I was expecting. After I had played it intermittently for about two years, I took it to a guitar tech who put in an L.R. Baggs bridge pickup for me ( I had a performance that I wanted to use the guitar for) and he was very complementary about the guitar. He worked on the setup for me after which it became an absolute pleasure to play! It is quickly becoming my go to guitar when I really want to enjoy playing and singing. Such an inspirational sound, man... I do not believe that you will be disappointed. AT ALL!

"Great 12-string for the price" submitted December 18, 2013

By Alan D in Tacoma, WA
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: I had a fairly expensive 12-string before, but ended up selling it. I wanted to get another but didn't want to spend as much money, so I thought I'd try this one because I'd read reviews that said it's a great instrument for the price. After having it for more than a month, I wholeheartedly agree. Definitely the best 12-string acoustic at this price point and comparable to more expensive guitars. Mind you, it will give your fretting hand a workout if you're not used to a wider neck and pressing down strings in pairs. But I'm pleased with the sound and the intonation. The build quality is excellent, considering how affordable it is. I might get it professionally set up to see if I can get the action lowered just a bit. But for the most part, it plays very nicely.

"DR212 Epiphone 12 string guitar" submitted April 9, 2014

By Manny M in Fort Stockton, TX
Overall
Musical Background: over 20 years playing guitar profesionally and as a hobby.
Music Style: Texas Blues, Rock, Country
Overall: This guitar has an awesome sound and is so easy to play. With very minimum effort it delivers a full sound that fills up the room. This was hands down one of the best purchases I've made.

"Impressive" submitted January 23, 2014

By Dennis J in Ontario, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar off and on for over 50 years.
Overall: Great guitar. Sound is full and guitar is easy to play. For the price, this cannot be beat.

"Great deal on this Epiphone 12 string" submitted September 8, 2012

By Stanley E in Clarkdale, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been at it since about 1966. I play any type of music I can think of but mainly classic bluesrock semi-professionally.
Music Style: I like blues, rock, jazz, fusion, country, bluegrass,,reggae ,or whatever strikes my fancy.
Overall: I've only had this Epiphone DR212 12string dreadnought guitar about a month and so far it's been playing like a GOOD 12 string should. I mean it stays in tune the action is just right and the intonation is just so. The free shipping deal is great, too, considering it came all the way from New Jersey to Arizona. A very pleasant surprise. I already have my eyes on another guitar. I just need my wife's AOK. I already have six. I only gave the manufacturer's support one star because I didn't need any and I had to put something.

"Great sound, great looks, great value." submitted August 24, 2011

Overall
Overall: This 12-string sounds amazing, plain and simple. Despite the low price, this Epiphone has a very full, rich sound that you would expect out of a more expensive guitar. It could use a little bit of adjusting, to be honest. The strings sit a little high off the neck, especially closer to the body of the guitar, but overall the action is superb. Can't really ask for much better considering the price.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A rare thing...a REAL BARGAIN" submitted September 2, 2012

By Stuart D
Musical Background: Proferssional musician since 1980
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Electronic
Overall: The build, playability and sound of this guitar is way beyond the parameters that its price would suggest. If you're in the market for a 12-string, look no further.

"The best Christmas gift I have ever got!" submitted December 27, 2010

Music Style: Rock and country
Sound: I received it for Christmas and am amazed at the sound and quality. I am just getting accustomed to it and it is a joy to play! Value: I was amazed at the quality of this instrument when I found out the price. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed company support yet. Overall: I hope for years to come.

"Excellant sound and playability at an unbelievable price" submitted November 21, 2008

By a customer from datasync.com
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a church musician for the past 37 years.I sometimes play at parties or clubs.I have been playing guitar since 1958
Music Style: Praise and worship at church,rock and country,golden oldies
Sound: I have 5 other 12 strings(Martin,Ovation,Alverez,Yamaha,Mitchell)I play occasionally at clubs and parties,but I have been playing at my church for 37 years.I like an accoustic played into a microphone to get as natural a sound as possible.This guitar compares very favoribly with my other guitars.It has a strong bass,but the bass does not coverup the highs.The midrange is pleasant.It is great for flatpicking old 12 string songs like Walk Right In and Boney Maroney,and sounds great on chords to accompany a singer.I would not change anything about the sound.It sounds different from the others which is what I hoped.Using a mic doesn't leave much leway for changing sound,so I change guitars. Feature: The guitar has a strap button on the heel which most don't come with.It also included an allen wrench to adjust the neck,which I did right away. Ease of Use: It has a sound different from all my others.It sounds great.It sounds way more expensive than it is. Quality: The finish is flawless.There was nothing loose or misfitted.It is nice tight grain.The only comment that is negative is the inspection stickers on the back of the headstock.They should be on the pick guard cover. Value: This guitar compares favorably with my others some of which cost 25 times as much! Manufacturer Support: I have not contacted Epiphone,but the warranty is lifetime.
69 of 71 people (97.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1710-GHNJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976