When you call, mention priority code 154R-BD6V

Rating and Reviews: Ebtech Hum X Hum Filter

Plug your amp's power cord in to the Ebtech Hum X before the wall outlet and kiss ground loop hum goodbye while keeping your amp safely grounded.

"Motif XS hum and noise solution" submitted August 30, 2008

Music Style: Classical / Jazz
Sound: I bought two of these to solve a hum problem (Motif XS to Yamaha HS-80M speakers) and a horrible hum, whirring, crackling, popping noise problem (Toshiba Qosmio laptop to Yamaha HS-80M speakers via the Motif XS). Note the common element - the Motif XS which does not provide balanced line outputs. The Qosmio laptop is a power hog and has a three prong AC plug for its 5 lb power brick. Ground loop ran from the laptop through the firewire cable to the XS, then on to the HS-80M, and back through the ground connections (consequently it would go away if I could have unplugged the laptop from its power source, but the laptop only runs about 45 minutes on its built-in battery). I plugged the Motif into a HumX and this eliminated the problem between the Motif and the HS-80, but there remained a path from the laptop to the HS-80 through the Motif - that is why I needed to plug the laptop into one as well. There was no effect on the sound (in this approach the devices are not in any legitimate signal path). Ease of Use: Plug this into your surge suppressor and the device into this. Quality: This is a simple molded unit with a red LED that lights when power is present. Value: It solved a serious sound quality problem with an expensive synthesizer for a very modest price. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It's a power adapter - out of sight. Overall: Unless this goes belly up, I will use it as long as I have the Motif.

Ebtech Hum X Hum Filter Customer Review submitted January 7, 2010

By a customer from ptd.net
Overall
Musical Background: Musician, home studio.
Sound: Just plugged it in, hum was instantly gone. Feature: All you have to do is plug it in. Ease of Use: Again, just plug it in. Value: Best $70 i spent in a while. Overall: I am using for home studio with Yamaha HS80M monitors and a sub hooked up to a desktop. Plugged into the wall and surge protector into the HumX. Crystal clear sound.

"i'd be lost without this." submitted August 4, 2005

By a customer from vietnambla.com
Music Style: electronic
Sound: the humx has killed every ground hum i've thrown at it, and my little apartment/bedroom studio is the lousiest-wired place i've ever called home. Feature: n/a Quality: so far, so solid, Value: yes, it may seem expensive for what it looks like, but i don't have the option of hiring a competent electrician to wire my apartment properly. i've bought three of these, and they're worth every penny. it's hard to put a dollar amount on clean sound. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: it's simple, practical and works flawlessly. if you need it, you should have it, period. Overall: my only gripe is the form factor. it takes up two spaces in a rack-mounted power conditioner a la a furman rack rider.
29 of 33 people (87.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"the Ebtech Hum X Voltage Hum Filter" submitted October 4, 2013

By a customer from earthlink.net
Overall
Overall: I was getting a lot of 60cycle hum when using my laptop and some sound recording equipment. This has been very helpful in eliminating the hum. Once I received the hum Filter, it took me a little time to narrow down what combination of outlets and devices was contributing to the hum. Very useful device.

"ebtech hum x voltage hum filter" submitted October 13, 2013

By russell morgan in baltimore, MD
Overall
Overall: this product works very well by eliminating all 60 hz hum in the way of breaking un wanted ground loops I own a very hi end component system NO 60 hz hum now thanks to the hum x

"Required equipment for traveling bands" submitted October 17, 2012

Overall
Overall: If you ever setup in a location for the very first time, and are playing hours later, you must have at least one if not two of these in the bottom of the gear bag. If you ever have the mixer at the back of the room, and your speaker amps at the front of the room on a different circuit breaker, and you get that low pitch 60hz hum that just won't go away, you must buy this. It's simple, and it works.

"Take that Dell!! Only way that I have found to stop the noise from the laptop." submitted September 8, 2009

Musical Background: Sound Engineer/DJ
Music Style: Whatever the band that hired me is playing. Typical wedding DJ.
Sound: I had a terrible hum/noise coming from my laptop when dj'ing. Made my Dell computer unusable. The Humx COMPLETELY got rid of the noise. Laptop is dead quiet now! Feature: All you need is this little piece. Ease of Use: Plug it in, need more be said? Quality: Seems like it is sturdy...only used it several times. Value: Gettihg rid of unwanted noise is priceless......or in this case...$69.95. Well worth it. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed support. The Wow Factor: It's a plug adapter......don't want to marry it....but it's usefulness makes me still rate it a 10. Overall: This little gadget is all i need to silence my laptop.

"HumX did not touch the hum/buxx problem" submitted November 16, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Sound: I have a horrendous hum or buzz in my Strat/Fender Blues Jr. system at home. It disapppears (except for the normal single coil noise) elsewhere. I bought the HumX in the hope that it would solve the problem. It did absolutely nothing. I recognize that I appear tohave a problem with the home wiring. I hired an lelectrictrician to test all the outlets and drive a new 10' copper gound- stil have the buzz that only goes away when I ground all the strings with my hand. The Ebtech website is not particularly helpful. I sent a polite e-mail to Ebtech askng for some guidance- gfot no answer. Ease of Use: Pretty simple. Plug in to outlet; plug amp into the HumX. The problem is that it did nothing to correct the problem. Value: For me it was a complete wast of money with no support form Ebtech.

When you call, mention priority code 154R-BD6V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976