When you call, mention priority code 175Z-J335

Rating and Reviews: Casio WK-6500 Keyboard

This 76-key keyboard has everything you need to create and perform music including 670 individual tones, 16 track sequencer, rhythm editor and more.

"Great sounding and featured packed!" submitted August 4, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: minister of music at church for 12 years
Music Style: gospel
Sound: This keyboard have every sound you will ever use. The piano sounds are very good and there's plenty to choose from. Great organs,guitars,leads and brass. Strings are ok alone but better when layered with other sounds. Nice clean sound. You won't find a better sounding board at this price. Great for gospel or jazz. I've had people tell me it sounded great when I take it out to events. Some of them can't believe a casio could sound this good. Feature: This workstation is feature packed just like the high dollar yamaha's or rolands. 76 keys which is better than the 61 key ones. Nicely fits in my trunk. Nice drum kits. Transpose and octave buttons right on the panel instead of scrolling through the menu. It has auto resume feature that remenbers your settings when you power off. Nice display with pro quality look. The keys are nonweighted and easy on the hands but for some that's used to playing an acoustic piano, they may complain about the feel. It has a very good sequencer and you can create any sound you want. Split and layer buttons at your fingertips. Ease of Use: The manual is ok. You will have to use it a great deal until you get the hang of program new sounds or making changes. But if you are a plug & play player, just pick the catogory on the panel and dial in your sound and jam. I'm mostly on my own but when I play with my friend's band, I blend right in. It's built for speed. Quality: It's black plastic. I wouldn't want to drop it on the floor. It weights 17 pounds making it easy to carry. Get a good case for it if you gig a lot on the road. I use mine at church. It seens like it will hold up for awhile and I will gig without a back up. The buttons are ok but won't take a lot of abuse. Of course a lot of keyboards can't either. Value: This keyboard is the best bang for your buck period. A huge upgrade from the cheap casio's you buy at department stores. You won't be disappointed with it. Some people will think "it's a casio; I can't be seen on stage with this", but they will be wrong. I proudly carry mine everywhere. Why pay for a more expensive workstation that might not sound any better unless you have money to burn. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with casio. I have a warranty but I hope I don't have to use it. The Wow Factor: When I first saw it online, I was stunned. Finally a pro quality workstation keyboard at a great price. And it's a casio! Great look and feel. Overall: I'm very satisfied with this keyboard. For my playing style,I doubt I'll ever get tired of using it. I rate it in the same class with the yamaha, korg, and roland workstations but without the added expense. If it was lost or stolen, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
82 of 84 people (97.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good value, works fine for my purposes, very satisfied" submitted July 19, 2014

By Thomas Trotter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Musical Background: www.soundclick.com/thomastrotter
Music Style: Contemporary instrumental.
Sound: I haven't experimented with all the sounds yet, but so far the electric piano and organ voices sound good even through the keyboard's speakers and a pair of low-end headphones. The acoustic piano voices will, I suspect, require external monitors and/or high-end headphones to sound very good. Feature: Most useful features for me are the recording/sequencing capabilities. Ease of Use: In my experience, there's a fairly steep learning curve involved with getting the most out of all middle to high-end Casio keyboards. This keyboard promises to be no different in that respect. Quality: It's well made. Looks and feels very nice. As far as I can tell, it should last many years if it isn't abused. Value: It's well worth the price. A very good value for it's current typical selling price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any problems with Casio keyboards in the past, so no reason to contact the company. The Wow Factor: Maybe just that it looks cool, and the recording, editing, and voice tweaking capabilities. Overall: Overall the Casio WK-6500 has a very nice look and feel for a middle tier or just past entry level keyboard. I'm just getting back into keyboards and composing after a very long layoff, and decided to try this keyboard instead of the WK-7500 or the Yamaha YPG 535 or 635 which I was also considering. This keyboard has more than enough capabilities for my current purposes.

"WK-6500 gives good value" submitted February 17, 2014

By Donald L in Taylor, MI
Musical Background: I play keyboard and bass
Music Style: From classic rock and blues to Easy listening and Schlager.
Overall: Having outgrown my C7-700 I had to decide on what to upgrade to. My budget was somewhat limited but I knew l needed a keyboard with configurable voices and preset storage so I investigated the WK-7500. I discovered that the less expensive WK-6500 actually had all the capabilities I was ever likely to use. The touch sensitivity range is limited but useful enough. The factory supplied piano voices are quite varied and adequate for most any musical style. I particularly find frequent use for the Harpsichord voices. The various organ voices seem to be thoughtfully selected but since I stack the WK-6500 on my full Hammond XK3 console my use of them is limited to the "Junk organ" and "Combo Organ" type voices. As for the Hammond, the fact that the Casio is a 76 key and has settable split point means that I can use it for touch sensitive bass therefore eliminating having to lug around the 25 pedal clavier with the Hammond. Previously I had to stack a Rhodes which was just about as bulky as the pedal clavier. That feature alone was well worth the cost of the Casio for me. I must say that my lowest rating was in the Ease of Use category. This should not however scare off any younger users who might not be quite so technologically challenged as I when it comes to mastering so-called "intuitive gadgets". The instruction manual has helped me to understand most of the features I want to use. I added a sustain pedal and SD card as after-market options and am now quite satisfied with the sound and overall quality of the Casio. I didn't need or want weighted keys so that was never an issue for me. I have used factory support in the past to order replacement parts for other Casio keyboards and it has always done me good service.

"Casio WK-6500 Electronic Keyboard" submitted October 2, 2012

By Ruth Smith in Paso Robles, CA
Musical Background: I only play for myself
Music Style: I like almost all music.
Overall: I am very pleased with my keyboard. zZounds were very efficient and readily able to answer all my questions. Thanks so much.

"I have long enjoyed Casio products" submitted September 16, 2012

By Donald M in Pagosa Springs, CO
Musical Background: 50 yrs
Music Style: Church, contemporary
Overall: This instrument is definitely consistent with my previous experience with Casio products, easy to learn its logic and versatile in its application to my arrangements.

"This would be a good toy for younger kids that don't care about the sound they are producing, but for anyone that wants a good k" submitted January 11, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: 55 years or more. I play the guitar, banjo, mandolin and yaersago played the trombone.
Music Style: Mostly Christian.
Sound: I Have a small Yamaha keyboard that I can get the best sounds out of, but I needed a larger keyboard that would give me better sound and more alternatives. When I recieved the Casio I immediateley took it out of the box and tried it and it really sounded like a small toy. I tried it several times to see if I could possibly use it and the more I played it, the more disappoited I was with it. I believe th only way I could have possibly used it would b to buy an expensive speaker which I decided I would rather take the loss on shipping and purchase a more expensive keyboard. Feature: I iked the idea that you can split the keyboard and arrange different sounds from each. Ease of Use: You have to study the book carefully to get the best usage of the sounds and it wouldn't be very easy switching sounds hil playing. Quality: It is made well but as I stated above, it's not easy to switch sounds while playing. Value: NO!!! It would be cheaper to buy a small Yamaha as you could get a lot better sond out of the Yamaha than the Casio. Some of the Yamaha keyboards were selling for a lot less than the Casio and you could get a lot better sound out of any of the Yamaha keyboards. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with the Casio copany itself, I dealt only with the ompany I purchased it from. The Wow Factor: It's a good looking keyboard, just don't turn it on. Overall: I am no longer the owner of this keyboard. I kept it for a fw days nd took the loss on the shipping just to get rid of it.

When you call, mention priority code 175Z-J335. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976