When you call, mention priority code 14QT-QGGQ
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Casio PX 350 Privia Piano

Play an expressive grand piano and 249 more tones on the 88-note scaled hammer-action keyboard -- plus record your performances on the 17-track sequencer.

"AWESOME !!!" submitted December 3, 2012

By Jose G G in PORT SAINT LUCIE, FL
Musical Background: Jazz & New Age
Music Style: Jazz & New Age
Overall: Awesome! It is perhaps the best word to describe the new Casio Privia PX 350. Having researched many hours and having read countless reviews I decided to buy this fantastic Digital Stage Piano. I was right! The most amazing is the realism and the hammer action of the piano, particularly the Grand Piano , in my opinion has better pianos than the Roland RD700NX , Kurzweil SP4-8 or even Nord pianos !!!! The design is minimalist ,his intuitive banking system is perfectly friendly to use. Casio engineers did amazing work to emulate the hammer action of the keys very very close to a real acoustic Grand Piano. If you are looking primarily a quality piano as his first priority then the Casio Privia PX 350 is the best choice in the price range below $ 1,500. The sound of the instrument is really appreciated in all its dimensions when it connects to the headphone, mixer or amplifier, as built-in speakers do not have enough output. It is important to clarify that the Casio Privia PX 350 is not a Digital Arranger, despite having 250 tones and a 17-track sequencer that will be of great use to translate good ideas of all the music you want to create and play. Bottle line for the price it has no rival , you don't need to be a scientist to know is good , just listen to believe PD : ZZOUNS GREAT JOB , YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST

"You are getting the real deal when you purchase this instrument" submitted September 8, 2013

By David Sumner
Musical Background: Voice, Piano,
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz, Classical, Gospel, Ragtime, Blues, Soul
Sound: The Casio PX-350 relies on both the Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Keyboard and the AiR which means acoustic & intelligent resonator. These to features combined produce an unprecedented sound and feel that wasn’t seen before in a keyboard that can be purchased less than 1k. All of the piano sounds are great, but some of the other 250 tones are hit or miss. The beauty of having Midi or USB Midi is you get pretty much unlimited amount of tones. As stated earlier the on-board speakers sound great as long as you stay under the max volume (the highest I go is about ¾ the way) then you lose a bit of dynamics and in some cases may experience speaker popping. Audio recorded to an USB Flash drive sounds amazing. It will produce a Wav file, but I noticed that the volume is tad on the low side so I suggest normalizing it using an Audio application such as Audacity. Audio through a PA or amps sound great as well. Feature: There are so many features on this digital piano that makes it way more valuable than it is priced. Ease of Use: Overall it is fairly easy to use... Quality: The Casio PX-350 is built for the traveling performer, it is light weight and easy to travel with. The built in speakers are sufficient for playing in small to medium sized room without the need for amplification. I congratulate Casio for making it look and feel less like a toy, but I guess that goes for all of their Privia line instruments. I love that they put a Standard USB port on the front of the Keyboard that will allow you to plug in an External Hard Drive or a flash drive to record audio to in either WAV or MIDI format. I also found this port to be useful for charging devices like my tablet or phone or power them while I'm lead sheet reading. It is also very useful for plugging in USB lights and fans. On the downside I don’t really like that they placed the headphone jacks on the back of the instrument. The front or even the side would have been more practical if you ask me. I have also noticed that over time the keys seem to make more noise than when I first got it especially my F# 1 key… The Wow Factor: This is a awesome Digital Piano and i highly recommend it. Read my full Review with demos at http://www.thereviewpre.com/2013/09/casio-privia-px-350-revisited.html Overall: There are many digital pianos less than 1K but not many are as feature packed as the Casio Privia PX-350. Are there ones with more features? Yes, but in end they are seriously lacking in other areas. You are getting the real deal when you purchase this instrument. The Sound it produces is very dynamic and expressive, that is rare to find in digital pianos less than 1k. The synthetic Ebony and Ivory feel is unheard of in digital pianos under $2500. Normally Casio is playing catch up in the digital piano game but as of late they have been a step ahead of the game and raising the bar enough to make it competitors nervous. I’m Curious to see how Yamaha will answer to this. Their last Digital piano in this class was the Yamaha P155 which is still a beast in its own right but it is starting to look a bit dated.

"What an Awesome piano" submitted November 24, 2012

By Dennis S in Vancouver WA, WA
Musical Background: I have played multiple instruments 30+ years
Music Style: Lot's of differing styles
Overall: I have had almost all the big names in keyboards/piano's over my 30 + years of being in music and hands down this is one of the best sounding and playing pianos. It just has the right feel of being as close to authentic of a real piano as any I have played and I like the texture and bounce of the keys, it just feels right. I currently own a high end Korg and a Roland as well but they have been getting lonely since I bought this Casio and I spent a bunch less money on the Casio as well. I only have one big complaint and it's simply the damper pedal they send with the keyboard is pretty much junk, meaning that although it works as a damper pedal, it's so light it's nearly impossible to keep it from creeping away from your foot while playing. The only replacement that Casio mentions in it's manual is a sp 33 (with it's associated stand and three pedals). Now if you simply are playing the piano at home that would work fine but if your gigging it's another piece of gear to haul around. After extensive searching on the internet and forums, no one was able to give any concrete ideas on a alternate single damper pedal. I even called zZounds and the representative at zZounds couldn't help me either. My email to Casio was no help either, so there you go. But all in all it's a great piano I wished the electric piano sounds were a bit more in-depth and sounded more authentic but that is a personal thing. Eventually I will work out the pedal problem and overall it's a rather small issue.
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great board. Casio has really upped the game" submitted October 13, 2013

By Dave C
Musical Background: Gigging musician. STarted piano at 7. Now I'm 50
Music Style: Rock, pop rock.
Overall: The PX350 is a great board at a great price. The finger-sound-brains connection is great. I use it in a rig along with a Yamaha MOX. The built in speakers allows me to "feel" the piano just as if I were playing my acoustic grand at home. Despite what the manual says, the sound from the line outs to FOH is perfectly fine while simultaneously having the speakers on. No need to plug the headphone jack to silence them when running to FOH at a gig. The piano sounds are wonderful! Organs need help, but that's not why I bought the board. Overall quality is great, and at 25lbs, it's easy on my old back at load in and load out.

"In love!!" submitted February 27, 2014

By Ro Lopez in San Antonio, TX
Musical Background: Singer / Song writer
Music Style: Rock, Pop Rock, Modern Rock, Country, Tejano
Overall: I have owned a few Casio keys and the feel never inspired me to play much. When purchasing an instrument most musicians will admit how it feels is just as important as how it sounds. (The moment I placed my fingers on it to begin playing, I grew the biggest smile) The weighted keys feel just like a standard piano, though you have the ability to adjust tone and volume like a keyboard. I really enjoy playing my Priva. I recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy the sound of a grand without taking up all the space. Oh and it's really pretty too. :) Money well spent!!

"The Good and The Bad" submitted July 3, 2013

By Chris G in Goddard, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Drummer, Pianist, Singer, Song Writer, FOH Engineer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Christian
Overall: My church purchased this piano about 3 months ago to replace an OLD 67 key, organ touch Casio that was just bad. After reading a lot of reviews for several different pianos on various websites, we decided to pull the trigger on the PX-350.Sounds:This piano sounds are very nice after a bit of EQ. We don't use the organ sounds much. The synth sounds are pleasant and have a wide variety of tonal characteristics for multiple genres. The string and pad sounds are OK at best. When using this piano through a PA mono (which is how a 'stage piano' will be used 99% of the time) the low end on almost every patch has a very noticeable pulsing sound at about 80Hz and below. This drives our sound tech CRAZY. I suspect (and this is only a guess) that all the patches are designed to be stereo and the 'pulsing' is a result of mono summing.Weight, Touch & Feel:The overall weight of the keyboard is extremely 'gig' friendly. Very light and compact; easily fits into the back seat of a car. That being said, the piano is not very deep and has a hard time sitting correctly on a standard piano stand. We had a carpenter in our church cut us a board that is about 14" deep and the same length as the PX-350. We set the board on the stand, then the piano on the board to keep the piano from sliding around. The weight of the keys is nice and feels as natural as semi-weighted keys can. For some reason (and I'm still trying to figure this one out), instead of a smooth plastic finish on the keys like EVERYONE else has, Casio decided to imprint the keys with a 'wood grain' pattern that feels awkward and extremely unnatural to play! Myself and the other pianists at church have had tough time adjusting to it.Features:Too many buttons! When we first opened the PX-350, my first thought was "Crud! I'm going to have to spend an entire afternoon just reading the manual!" You cannot create presets and assign them to a punch button. You can store them in a bank, but you must hit the up or down arrows and scroll through every other sound in a bank to get to the one you're looking for. Layering sounds is quite difficult and NOT something you can do on the fly in a live situation; we tried and it went horribly wrong. While there are a lot of sounds to choose from, most of them are not realistic enough to be used in a live situation. There are buttons for all kinds of recording, playing, drum beats, and everything else you can think of; most of them completely useless for a live playing situation. I suppose if you're a one-man-band, or a solo artist you may find these useful.Overall, this is at best a PRACTICE piano, not a professional stage piano. Ultimately, our church is in the process of building a new building and we will keep this piano as a backup or put it in a classroom. When it comes time to buy another, I imagine we'll go with a KORG, Yamaha, or Roland.

When you call, mention priority code 14QT-QGGQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976