When you call, mention priority code 16KV-FBF8
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Bose L1 Compact System

Fill the room with clear, even sound with the Bose L1 Compact PA system. The lightest, most affordable Bose L1 available, it covers audiences of up to 100.

"Very Sleek!" submitted June 10, 2012

By Ray P in Harrisville, MI
Musical Background: Professional Mobile DJ for 20+ years
Music Style: All Types of Music
Overall: The Bose L1 Compact was purchased as a backup to my Bose L1 Model 1's I use for professional Dj use. It is lightweight and blends in with the decor. It has ample power to keep up with it's big brother and is an awesome addition to my already amazing setup! Extremely portable and can be run off a A/C powerpack for remote sound. I have been a professional mobile Dj for 20+ years and this is the most clear and lightweight speaker in it's class! I really like it!!

"Bose L1 Compact" submitted April 17, 2014

By Thomas Snowden in Momtgomery, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I am a minister of music for my church. I have been involved in music all my life.
Music Style: I am mainly involved in Christian music.
Overall: I have a room full of all kinds of different PA systems that I have purchased over the years. Now I am looking to sell most of it since I purchased the Bose L1 Compact PA System. None of the PA's come close to the sound quality that is produced by the Bose. Why pick up all those heavy PA's that I have when the Bose sounds better, easier to set up and is much lighter. I would advise anyone to purchase this PA.

"Bose L1 Compact great for Street performing and small venues." submitted July 26, 2014

By Jasson E in Waianae, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Singing 20+ years, Guitar 2 years, looping 1 year. perform live often, play for a nonprofit at hospitals 2-3 times a month
Music Style: worship, reggae, rnb, Hawaiian-style island music, hip hop, pop, rock.
Overall: I regularly perform on the street and do small venue performing at coffee houses, parties, worship and others. I use it mostly with an acoustic guitar, vocal mic, and loop pedal. I am really impressed with the output of this small system. I recently used it at a park when we were doing an outreach event. I used it to perform music outside for a large crowd, using a portable power source it lasted me 3+ hours and could have probably ran for at least another hour. Because I use a loop pedal I was initially really worried about feedback and sound bleeding into the mic because the L1 was behind me, but I have had no issues with it. I have gotten lots of great feedback about the sound quality.

"AMAZZZZZZZINGGGG !!!" submitted July 14, 2010

Priscilla from zZounds
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Juke & House
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: The sound quality is pretty good. Its nice and clear. Loud. I just wish it had a little more bass. I used this system for a small DJ gig. I think the sound is great for a small house party (indoors). If your looking for something with a little more power and bass I'd recommend the Bose L1 Model I System Single Bass Package. I'd recommend this particular speaker for a guitar or any other live instrument. I would not recommend this speaker for a DJ gigging at large venues. This is more for a smaller DJ gig or maybe even better used as practice speakers. Feature: The product included carrying cases! Ease of Use: This speaker is very easy to use. The best part is how easy it is to put the speaker together and to take it apart. It's super light. Its powered so thats another great thing about it. Its super simple and to the point when it come to connecting a guitar or a mixer or for most instruments for that matter. Quality: The product is high quality which you can expect from most if not all Bose products. Very dependable, feels sturdy. I think this product would be good for traveling. It's very compact and easy to carry around. It's super light also. Seems like it'll last a long time. Value: Yes it's definitely worth the money! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support so that's a good thing ! The Wow Factor: It's pretty sexy ;) very nice design i must say. Overall: I would keep this speaker but I would also want to have something a little more powerful for DJ gigs. More bass specifically. You can never have enough bass when it comes to spinning records. But i think this is a great speaker for live instruments as well as a great clear quality practice speaker for todays DJ.
43 of 46 people (93.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing stereo sound!" submitted January 3, 2012

Music Style: Classical
Sound: I bought two L1 portables as stereo keyboard loud speakers. What amazes me is the accuracy of the sound reproduced by these speakers compaired to conventional PA speakers. I would put it on par more or less with the sound produced by studio monitors but at louder sound levels. What is even more amazing it how the speakers throw the sound around and make it seem as if its coming from everywhere, even when the speakers are turned away from you. What I've discovered with these things is that the volume is not so important as the sound seems to magically travel long distances. The sound color also remains the same no matter what distance you are from it. The only thing bad thing I see with these loud speakers is a certain boomyness in the mid low section, somethng that I was able to fix with a little eq. Quality: Bose uses plastic for these entry level PAs. Their other models use metal. But they seem to be well made and sturdy nonetheless. Value: $899 for this kind of amazing sound in a compact and elegant design, not to mention the sound which is the most important is worth every penny. I dont think anything out there compares with these compacts.
29 of 31 people (93.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Loud, clean, and COMPACT!" submitted August 28, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Acoustic Rock
Sound: The sound is fantastic. It's clean and loud and sounds the same no matter where you're standing or sitting in the room. Unbelievable! Feature: I love how simple this system is. I only wish I had the ToneMatch accessory to go with it as I could then adjust the volume without have to get up or bend over. And that will also allow me to add some reverb as well. Ease of Use: Simple and COMPACT. This thing effortlessly fits in the trunk of my Yaris with my guitar and luggage. Value: I wish it was cheaper, but you get what you pay for! This is still a good deal compared to what it would cost to get anything comparable. The Wow Factor: This system makes people's jaw drop. They cannot believe that much sound is coming out of that little array. It's hard to stay humble about it. Overall: I love it. I plan to buy the ToneMatch accessory and use it to chain a second L1 Compact for even larger venues. Although this unit is PERFECT for any coffeehouse, restaurant, or venue seating less than 100.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bose L1 Compact" submitted May 14, 2012

By Bert B in Murrieta, CA
Music Style: Rock, Country, Pop
Overall: This Bose system is just awesome. I use it at a gym facility for classes as well as background music. The sound quality is top notch and the volume is WAY more than needed. I had thought about supplementing a separate sub to enhance the lower end, but have not really needed to. The acoustics in the gym works well enough. I still may add a sub, as sometimes we do conduct classes outside because of capacity limitations, and the low end is not heard (or felt) as well outside. The sound quality so impressed our gym members, that some of them are considered buying their own for their own purposes. I rated the Manufacturer Support as 1 star, because I have not needed to use it, therefore I can't rate it. For some people, the cost might be on the high side. The sound quality, the ease of use, and the versatility makes it worth the cost. If you're looking for a system that is very portable, flexible, and want the quality of sound that only Bose can deliver, then you'll be happy with L1 Compact.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect solo rig." submitted December 4, 2013

Overall
Overall: Super clean sound and no feed back! I run it with my Roland AC-60 for killer stereo. Much easier and versatile than the Tonematch engine. I can control the effects separately for vocals and guitar and mute all from the Boss foot switches hooked to the Roland. For a duo you would want two of them especially for high volume hard singing. I chose the L1 Compact over the Fishman 220 because of the 180 degree dispersion and lack of feedback annoyances. I play the ski resort hotels and it is perfect for about 100 people. Looks great too!!

"Baby, You're the Best" submitted June 28, 2011

Musical Background: Saxophonist
Music Style: Smooth Jazz
Sound: I've owned four other personal PA systems made by other manufacturers, and this is by far the best. Clear sound, lightweight, small footprint, minimal cords, visually pleasing. Thank you, Bose and Zzounds. And Zounds, thanks also for your Play as You Pay program.

"Bose L1 Compact " submitted December 6, 2013

By Michael P in Vestal, NY
Musical Background: Professional singer for over 30 years
Music Style: Big Band, Jazz
Overall: This is by far, the best PA out there. I purchased the T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine Mixer as well. I sing at Senior Centers and Nursing Homes. The sound is clear, clean without fatigueing the listeners. No matter where they are in the room, the systems delivers the same crisp, clear sound that is comfortable to everyone. As a performer, I absolutely need to be able to hear myself and I can anywhere in the room. What I am putting out to the listner is the same sound I hear myself. I no longer need a monitor of any kind. Used Bose tech support to get going and they are excellent. The purchase from ZZ Sounds is always smooth and effortless. Not to mention the payment plan. A very satisified customer indeed.

"If you are a solo or duo act, sell your other PA gears and get this one. It will save you a lot of time, and possibly improve yo" submitted June 20, 2011

Musical Background: Band leader
Music Style: Contemporary
Sound: This is the best sounding Bose live sound speakers I've heard to date. I did an RTA and revealed its response is fairly neutral, with a light mid high boost to bring out the presence. Microphone does not sound boomy, as the mic input has some EQ applied. The microphone doesn't feed back, even with a SM-58 mic, gain at 1 o'clock, standing 2 ft right in front of the speaker column. The music material sounds punchy, more so than the size of the sub might suggest. The sound quality is on-par with JBL-PRX and QSC powered speakers, just not in terms of output level. You will not find a better sounding integrated system for less than a grand. Feature: Setup is extremely fast: no poles, no speaker cables, patch cables between amplifier and mixer. Just your instruments/mic and 1 power cord. The modular design allows 3 different speaker heights, depending on how many spacer column you use. When the whole thing is set up, it only takes up a very small footprint: smaller area than a tripod mic stand would occupy. Works very well in tight venues like coffee shop and small classroom. Ease of Use: It doesn't require a professional sound engineer to make things sound good with this system. Bose did the hard work; you just need to control your volume. Everything packs together into 2 light hand-carry stowages. I don't think there is a system out there with a faster setup and easier transporting package. Quality: Build quality is top-notched, not a typical made-in-china appearance. Value: Everything integrated in a convenient good sounding system for less than a grand. That's quite a value. Manufacturer Support: Have not need to use Bose support yet. So can't comment. The Wow Factor: I own it. It has enough appeal to make me want to use it more than I need to use it. The clever design and good build quality does not turn off users like some other cheap products. Overall: Bose really exercised their product bases to put together this integrated system that makes sense and suits the need of many solo or duo bands. They did it right this time, with a small array at top that projects good distance at useful output levels, with a good gain-before-feedback. You don't need a full-length array for a small system like this. This system will not service a 500-people crowd, nor should it. It has its place.
40 of 44 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bose L1 Compact--Great for certain applications." submitted July 19, 2012

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Overall: I will start by saying I normally am not a fan of Bose...and that is downplaying it. They make decent stuff, but usually you can do better for less money. I have owned QSC K12's recently, amongst many other PA items over the years. But I wanted something for personal type use, for my keyboard, etc... There is no product similar to this piece, so I tried it. There is some dialing in on EQ I had to do, but with my Motif XF8 it was easy. It is fairly amazing that it can disperse the sound so well from a single point. Yes, it is still sort of expensive, but when I take into consideration all the large items I have to carry already, it was the perfect product. I will also say that my first unit came in damaged, and it appears it was a defect off the line. ZZounds went WAY above to help me out since I needed it for a gig. And that is why I will continue to buy from them as I have for a while.
71 of 78 people (91.03%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bose L1 Portable Awesome" submitted September 14, 2012

By Alan G in Germantown, MD
Musical Background: Play professionally- keyboards and saxes
Music Style: Reggae/ Ambient/ Smooth Jazz
Overall: I've used the L1 Portable on five gigs since purchasing it three weeks ago. I love it's compact portability and the quick setup. I've received numerous positive comments about how great the sound output is. I wish I'd purchased it earlier.

"Bose L1 Compact Portable System" submitted May 15, 2014

By Robert B in Olney, IL
Musical Background: Use background tracks from laptop computer
Music Style: Gospel music with a little od country thrown in
Overall: I have been singing in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and churches for over 12 years, and this is the 4th system I have used. It is by far the best and lightest, and I would recommend it for any similar situation. I received it on a Tuesday morning, tried it, and used it that afternoon for a program. Everything worked great! I use it about 17 times each month. (I haven't had to use any manufacturer support so can't tell about that)

"base compact" submitted November 28, 2013

By frank c in North kingstown, RI
Musical Background: 35 years keyboards professional
Music Style: Rock, standards, blues, jazz, country
Overall: Great sound. I hear it in my performances but more importantly from the response from my audiences. A must for singers, keys etc. soloist

"Bose L1 compact system" submitted February 2, 2014

By Pankaj M in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: 40+ years
Music Style: Oldies, Jazz, Blues
Overall: Having used this product with the L1 and B2 bass module I was already familiar with the product. I needed one for our Karoake group that I could carry to the member performers' homes. I got this system and it sounds fantastic!!!! It is worth every penny and more! The staff at ZZounds is just excellent. Very professional to deal with, courteous and knowledgeable. They even got me the 4 pay credit arrangement that I was not aware of and the entire transaction was smooth. You even get a monthly reminder for the payment being taken from the credit card so there are no surprises!!!! Just overall an A+ company, product and staff!!! I have also recommended this product to any of our Karaoke group members who is interested in owning and they are all sold on the idea after listening to the sound!!!

"Good product, inadequate information" submitted February 5, 2014

By Cullen Irish in Apalachicola, FL
Overall
Musical Background: classically trained, been playing for 65 years, play keyboards and most stringed instruments. Occassionally gig.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, RnB, folk/acoustic, CnW, classical
Overall: Have seen and played with band users of the Bose L1 System and looked forward to getting one. I was shopping by price so when the system was 10% off I purchased it, adding the tone module since I intend to use it primarily in a guitar/vocal setting. I was disappointed to discover the tone module required a proprietary power supply. I went back through the on-line information both from ZZounds and Bose; neither warned me of the requirement. I did find a user review (after purchase) that had that information. I think the requirements should be clearly indicated; if the compact system was not designed to be used with the tone module (which the lack of an on-board power supply indicates) then the need and cost of the power supply should be noted.

"Great System" submitted January 30, 2014

By George W in Cordova, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player and singer for many years. Jams at home.
Music Style: Country and Rock
Overall: I am by no means a professional musician but like many of us out there who like to jam with other friends or occasionally play a small gig in front of an audience, this is certainly the way to go. Very impressed with the sound and power and the ability to store it in a small space. I added the ToneMatch to my system which I highly recommend. I use both electric and acoustic guitars along with singing and the ToneMatch makes it all come together with great sound. I recommend this as there should be more inputs on the actual Bose L1 system. Never would have thought so much sound would come out of a speaker system like this does.

"L1 compact" submitted December 28, 2012

By Reggie S in Gardendale, AL
Musical Background: Guitar, keyboards..40 years...professionally
Music Style: Jazz, R&B
Overall: I bought this Pa system a few months ago after exhausting research done on many systems/combo systems..I'm a jazz guitarist that needed a small, but high quality system for banquet halls, reatuarants, etc..I use backing tracks through my laptop, but then sometimes play with a bass player, keyboardist and drummer..I'm extremely pleased with the quality of sound this thing puts out...it is exactly what i wanted...I do use a small powered monitor off to the side( 12in. speaker)...but only when playing larger rooms..everyone is impressed with the sound ...I currently use a small mixer for my running my electric and nylon string guitars through...jeyboards added and synth drums when a drummer is present...it handle all of this very well...I will say, though that if you find yourself playing for in a larger room and find that you need to crank the volume really high..it will clip...as i'm sure any system would...so when Bose says for audiences up to 100 people I've found that to be an accurate statement..I have a friend with the next level up system and we've played together for events, combine the 2 systems and it sounded fabulous...I'd replace this system immediately if something happened to it...there is a place here in the city that deals with used Pa equipment...they tell me they've NEVER had any of the array systems from Bose in for repairs...It's awesome...I suggest buying it.

"Bose L1 Compact Portable System" submitted April 21, 2014

By Harry W in Fairfax, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I hac=ve benn playing for 50 years, I play the chemnitzer concertina proffesioally
Music Style: Polka and waltz music ( Old Time )
Overall: I like the sound on this amp and it is only about half as heavy as my old amp

"Bose L1 Compact" submitted November 18, 2012

By Tony Corner in LEXINGTON, NC
Music Style: Southern Gospel
Overall: This System is awesome. Going to get the bigger system soon. Love it!

"Boze L1 system" submitted July 6, 2014

By Bob Carroll in Rockport-Fulton, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Discovered Karaoke a few years ago, fell in love, making it my bucket list to sing in all the states. Have sang in 22 so far.
Music Style: very show.Mostly C&W, but broadening my artist list at e
Overall: Great sound for small to medium venues for my Karaoke shows, and set-up time has been decreased by 65%.

"bose l1 compact" submitted June 27, 2014

By jimmy patton in calhoun falls, SC
Musical Background: dj 20 years
Music Style: karaoke and dj
Overall: great product sounds just as good as 2 srm 450 mackies

"Bose L1" submitted December 19, 2013

By James McDonald in Mebane, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing now for 5yrs. I rock American Audio....Dj JMAC
Music Style: R&B, Hip-Hop, Old School
Overall: Its simple and easy to use, sounds great! Thanks ZZounds for making my first Bose system affordable

"This is what a PA should be." submitted April 8, 2014

Overall
Overall: Plug it in, and you are ready to go.

"Small environment product (stand alone system)" submitted September 12, 2012

By DeeJay Bull Dawg Purp in Atlanta, LA
Musical Background: Production, DeeJay
Music Style: Almost everything
Sound: Sound was great. Feature: Easy thing to setup ever!! Ease of Use: A five year old could do the setup for you. No need to get a crew to do something small. Easy, portability, and no large vehicle needed to carry it. Quality: Great quality. Built solid, but not heavy. Looks great. Value: For the amount of money I wouldn't suggest it if you are doing something "big". If you do small get together, stand out in front of buildings and give speeches, or play on the corner, and small outdoor events it's great. Manufacturer Support: No need The Wow Factor: Only in a small area was the WOW factor present. Overall: The sound was good but not enough "boom" I like heavy bass without Bose's other components it wasn't loud enough. If you are looking to do a small outdoor event, For a presentation the simple setup is perfect. For me it didn't have enough Shake rattle and roll.

"bose l1 compact" submitted January 25, 2013

By Lonny Terkay in Lakeland, FL
Musical Background: PRO,GUITAR,VOCALS PRIMARY,BASS,PERCUSSION
Music Style: SINGER SONG WRITER, ACOUSTIC ROCK,MODERN COUNTRY
Overall: good sound over priced needs built effects line outs separate from each channel, very under powered, if i could do it all over i would go for the again over priced li sys for more power

"Mediocre sound, OK speech...meh?" submitted March 17, 2014

By Anton Martin in Hayward, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Designing sound systems for 22 years, FOH, recording and played drums for 30 years
Music Style: Blues rock, jazz fusion, acid jazz, California retro rock, punk fusion
Overall: Our company initially purchased six of these for presentation media audio support, corporate presentations, small venue music playback & portable audio. Compared to most of the "speakers on a stick" (JBL Eon, Mackies, et. al.) they are easy to set up, sound reasonably well for speech but absolutely suck for music playback. We've liked the appearance of this and the Sennheiser K Arrays but audio quality and $$$ has been disappointing. On our trip down to NAMM earlier this year we saw a new German company, LD Systems and their Maui series speakers that absolutely blew us away! Better bass, true mid/high response and less $$ than either. If our fleet of JBL Eons could last another season we wouldn't be shopping so intensely but from what we've heard Bose will not be in our future.

When you call, mention priority code 16KV-FBF8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976