When you call, mention priority code 143K-JM1G

Rating and Reviews: Behringer XENYX 802

The Behringer XENYX 802 is an 8-input mixer featuring two XLR inputs and neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for a warm, well-rounded sound.

"more then expected" submitted January 1, 2010

Music Style: alternative, indie, reggae
Sound: i was surprised that this actually made my mc-505 sound better. warmer. less digital. and running my guitar through it, distorted or clean, sounds almost as good as my amps clean channel. Feature: pretty good features. most my gear already has eq on it, so the lack of freq. on the eq isnt that big of a promblem. im sure when i purchase some microphones, ill be wishing there was more flexability. Ease of Use: i dont see how anyone could have a problem haha. very straight forward. plug something in, turn the volume up, plug something out. Quality: only had it 2 weeks seems very solid. knobs are very smooth, not loose at all. if i had a carrying case to protect the knobs i would have no problem traveling it. Value: definitly worth the money Manufacturer Support: no clue. no problems The Wow Factor: looks pretty good.. the plastic sides are a little lame Overall: i bought it so i could listen to my 505, my guitar, and my electric drums at the same time.(of course i cant play drums and guitar at the same time, i ment to jam with a buddy.) what i actually got wwas that, and it warmed up both the drums and the 505. very nice

"Big Things Come In Small Packages (From Behringer Anyway...)" submitted March 1, 2012

By Demaris Hargett in Trenton, NC
Musical Background: Hip-Hop Artist/Beatmaker & At Home Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: The sound quality after whatever I play is hooked to it sounds awesome. Feature: I like that you can even hook up CD Player/MP3 Players to it via RCA. That's a HUGE plus. Ease of Use: Very easy to setup & there are so many different ways to get sound into. Quality: Extremely sturdy & durable. You would think it cost more from it's solid construction. Value: Most certainly worth the money I wouldn't mind paying more for it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support thus far. The Wow Factor: It looks very professional. I must be honest I feel in love with the look at first.. Overall: I absolutely love this mixer! This is my first mixer ever but it has everything I need plus more. The Best part I would say is it's compact design. Fits nearly anywhere possible. I officially rep #TeamBehringer from here on out...

"Frugal, Money-Maker Needed A Mixer To Record Vocals." submitted July 16, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyist Becoming Active Musician/Engineer
Music Style: Hip-Hop and Rock
Sound: The mic-pres are good and provide a clean sound. I use them mainly for vocals. The noise is pretty quite. I'm sure acoustic guitars would sound great through this mixer. Feature: Just what I needed for vocal recording. Happy about the main mix outs, phone out, and control room out. It always me to monitor the sound perfectly with my small set-up. I would pay a lil more money for a sweepable mids freq on the eq. I would pay even more ($40 -- is it feasible?) for two sweepable mids. It would allow my computer to rest a bit more, and it's hard to get a decent and dedicated mic-pre at that cost. Oh, yeah, thanks for the RCA in/outs. I would pay a more, also, for an optical digital out or USB. (But I don't want a huge mixer.) Ease of Use: I am self-taught, so I use it for mainly what I need: recording vocals. I read the manual to figure out how to use the sends. I had read plenty on it, but never had a piece of equipment to try it on. Quality: It appears to be built decently. I enjoy the metal face, and don't mind the plastic side pieces. The knobs ARE NOT loose at all. If it lasts me 2-3 years, I would be more than appreciative. I'm just wondering how long the mic-pres will last. That's most important to me. The earlier Behringer mixers have received pretty good ratings, so I suspect these new Xenyx's will soon get the same. Value: It's definitely worth its price, especially if you're short on moolah. Of course, there are other mixers that I would love to have.......but I'm not paying $500-$1000 for them. At this price, I have learned some things (like digital outs/USB) have to done away with. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them. My first time buying a Behringer product. I am aware that music equipment companies don't provide the best customer service, so I'm glad that I received a mixer in working order. Please, God, let them answer my e-mail/phone call the day I need them. Pleeeeeeassse!!! The Wow Factor: It's a practical addition to my set-up. If Behringer adds two sweepable mids and an optical digital out to this mixer, then I would lust for it. But "lust" could still only command a fair price. I'm no fool. Overall: I'll use this for some time. The price and purpose go hand-in-hand. Since I am self taught, and only record vocals at this time, I would look for another product if I started recording bands......or if I needed more fx returns. Or if sweepable mids became a necessity to give my processor a break. I'd rather destroy my mixer than my Apple.
57 of 62 people (91.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Behringer XENYX 802 Stereo Mixer review" submitted January 14, 2014

By David Toma in Grand Blanc, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been making electronic music for a little over a year. (Since late 2012). I play piano/keyboards.
Music Style: Electronic
Sound: The audio (going through the mixer and my Focusrite 2i4 interface sounds clean with little to no reduction in audio quality. I can still hear smaller details. Feature: Doesn't have too many features, or too little. The EQ is nice to have, although I don't need it. I leave it flat. Ease of Use: Very simple to use. For a newbie, it might look like a lot, but once you figure out what does what, it's very simple. This is the same with most mixers, though. Quality: The mixer is built very well, although it wobbles on my desk as if one corner isn't touching the table. It's not much of an annoyance, but I thought I would mention that. Value: This mixer is definitely worth the price, especially if you only need to hook up a few instruments in your home studio. Manufacturer Support: n/a Overall: I am using this for a few instruments (A Yamaha MM8 piano and a Moog Little Phatty.)

"Big Bang For Your Bux!!" submitted February 27, 2010

Musical Background: Production Music and Songwriter
Music Style: Soft Rock, Pop, Country and Folk
Sound: Excellent little mixer. Exactly what I needed for my PC DAW. The mic pres are very good. They're clean with lots of gain. I had my Great River patched in at first but after some experimenting I found I didn't need it. I was surprised at the comparisons. The on board pres come very close. Feature: Great features for the price. Especially the monitoring system. Very convenient. Behringer should've installed an on/off switch but no big deal. I just plugged it into my Furman power conditioner. Problem solved. Ease of Use: Just plug in and start recording. Quality: It's built very well and so far has been very reliable. Knobs are tight and the housing is very sturdy. Value: Without question. Big bang for the bux!!I'd really like to check out some of Behringers other mixers after hearing this little guy. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them but I've heard they are great. Overall: As long as it lasts. I would buy another in a NY minute if something happened to this one.

"Great little mixer!!" submitted September 22, 2011

Music Style: christian contemporary, country
Sound: Very quiet, no hum. Smooth operation, sq works well, sounds great! I got this to go with two Mackie MR5 powered reference monitors I snagged for $99 each. For less than $250 I have a 110 watt sound system. Feature: Blue power-on led is outrageously bright. Ease of Use: Easy setup, just plug n play. Quality: Metal case, quality design. No issues-perfect out of the box! Value: Great value for a handy little mixer! Manufacturer Support: Unknown. The Wow Factor: Hey, it works.

"Excellent Small MIXER" submitted January 23, 2012

Overall
Overall: I use it for live gigs - I run my acoustic guitar microphone, pre-amp, effects and synths through it - works great, very ow noise and plenty of headroom. Only wish it has sweep EQ on the mic channels but, for the price may be too much to expect.

"Cheap but amazing!" submitted July 29, 2009

Musical Background: DJ,Producer
Music Style: House,Dance
Sound: The sound quality is very good for that price. Feature: There's a lot of features such as effects send/return, phones preview and phantom power. Ease of Use: Plug in the power supply, plug in your inputs and you're good to go. Quality: It's very well built and the knobs are durable. Value: This mixer is amazing for its price! Manufacturer Support: Didn't use it. The Wow Factor: The unit is extremely compact and it's very well designed. Overall: This is a great mixer at a very low price. Pros: - Phantom power - CD/Tape Input Cons: - No On/Off button

"AC plug poorly designed--do not use outside of studio " submitted March 7, 2010

Overall
Ease of Use: The mixer is simple to use. I am only giving 7/10, however, for two reasons: (1) there is no on/off switch, so you have to unplug it to turn it off, and (2) it has a piercingly bright LED that indicates the power is on but is so brilliant that it makes it difficult to see the controls on a darkened stage. I covered the LED with black electrical tape because it was so annoying. Quality: The AC adapter plug is badly designed. It is difficult to connect because there are 3 small prongs on the end of the wire (like a PS/2 mouse/keyboard plug on an older PC) that connect to a female jack on the unit. The wire only fits in a single orientation, and it is difficult to tell what the correct orientation is. In the second month after purchase (shortly after the store's 30-day return period, of course) the female jack in the unit started pushing inwards and tilting, and the cord became even harder to connect. After half a year one of the prongs on the cord broke off, making it impossible to power the unit. Note that the unit did not get heavy use--I only used it about 10 times before the prong broke off, and I am gentle with my gear. It probably would be fine if you plugged it in once in a studio and left it there, but it is not gig-worthy by any means. The AC adapter interface should be like all the other AC adapters you have laying around the house: a wire that has a male plug with a hole in it, and a unit that has a female jack with a single prong in the center. Value: The price is low, and the quality is commensurate. You get what you pay for. I will replace mine with a better quality product from another manufacturer. Manufacturer Support: To get this unit repaired under warranty, I would have to repackage and mail it to Behringer at my expense. Hardly worth the hassle given the initial cost. The Wow Factor: I needed a small mixer for gigs with multiple keyboards, and I wanted one that had the option to send separate outputs to my own monitor and to the main PA. This mixer does that, but the quality is too low for serious use outside the home.

"After one year using this mixer..." submitted December 21, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Artist, Producer, Songwriter
Music Style: Hip Hop/R&B
Sound: for a beginer its a great option, no doubt. i stared to record with this mixer, but if u can buy a mixer from anothe brand do it. couse its good, but not great. you get what you pay Feature: it has some good features, i like the EQ and the phantom power, whit all the features this mixer its a very good option if you want to have a litle more control of your recordings Ease of Use: Like any other mixer, no complains here Quality: its a solid machine, honestly. i got to reconize that. very good finish quality, never fail to me. Value: like i said, its cheap, and has some good features and good finish quality for the price, just dont expect a studio quality results with it Manufacturer Support: never need it The Wow Factor: sex appeal?? looks like a regular mixer, not bad, but nothing that shocked me Overall: i will recomend it ONLY if you are beginner, its a cheap option, and a good one considering the price but you will not hear anything close to studio quality. if you have the money and you are serious whit the music, buy a mackie or something better

"hot mixer for a good price" submitted September 17, 2006

Musical Background: vocal artist
Music Style: HIP HOP
Sound: not much static when i record... Feature: with wut there is... features work great Ease of Use: new to using mixers and i started recording in 5 minutes.... Quality: looks great and works great Value: definitely worth the money Manufacturer Support: shipped rite away The Wow Factor: glad i bought it.. looks great Overall: ill prolly use this for a long time

"Biggest Bang for the Buck, very impressive" submitted March 2, 2011

Musical Background: 28 year musician, 17 years audio engineer
Music Style: ALL
Sound: This is truly showing to be a very big bang for the buck. 550 watts, about 30lbs,has EQ, small and with handles.A real winner for me. It really does sound good and with lots of punch and volume to spare. $271.99, I could not find anything to beat this near its price.I had it for about 4 weeks. It was packaged excellent. Mounts on my speaker stand with ease. I play guitar through it,Keyboard, Bass guitar, CD player and use mics. I am very pleased with this product. Feature: has EQ LOW,HI Ease of Use: Simple , loud, sounds very good Quality: it is very solid Value: Biggest Bang for the Buck The Wow Factor: low profile and well designed Overall: I want another one of these and then some subs

"Musician's Bestfriend" submitted January 14, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Singer, Sequencer Player
Music Style: Computer Music (MIDI), Variety
Sound: Clean...makes my MIDI files sound more better, i use midi files for my live performance...& i hooked up my keyboards with it & they both sounded good together. Feature: nice features...3 band EQ...high headroom pre-amps..just what im looking for Ease of Use: as easy as 1-2-3, or a-b-c...i wonder if anybody can go wrong with it. Quality: metal chasis...plastic maybe sturdy too...let's see if this thing falls...hope not... Value: well,,, worth every penny... just what im looking for... Manufacturer Support: havnt used it,,maybe no comment for now..but the store i bought it was quite understanding..coz the adaptor that comes with the package is broken so i went back & they replaced it right away,,but ofcourse they tested it first...sucks...anyway i hope next time no more defective adaptors Behringer..ok? The Wow Factor: i have few other compact mixers before but this stand out...maybe i would buy a mackie in the near future but for now im hooked with this...i tried Peavey, Phonic, Yamaha & other compact mixers, but this is much better... Overall: well maybe if i would go on a more bigger venue that's time i would improve my gears,,but for now earning a few bucks a night,,what can i ask for..cheap on the price but not cheap on the musicality...

When you call, mention priority code 143K-JM1G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976