When you call, mention priority code 16GZ-ST2P

Rating and Reviews: Behringer XENYX X2442-USB

With 10 mic preamps, one-knob compressors on 8 channels, tons of editable FX, and a stereo USB audio interface, this mixer offers a whole lot for the price.

"Excellent quality and features for the price" submitted November 18, 2012

By Kevin Selby in Kennewick, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played music semi-professionally for over 30 years both in live performance and in the home studio.
Music Style: Jazz, Pop, Funk, 70s.
Overall: Hey gang. Semi-pro musician here. I have owned various Behringer mixers, amps, headphone amps, and other miscellaneous gear over the last 10 years and I gotta say I love this company! I'm REALLY waiting for the UFX1604 but it's not out yet (Behringer...it's been almost 3 years...hello??). Anyway...my older UB2442FX-Pro had a few channels go out and for the price to fix it I figured might as well get something new. I'm used to the amazing number of outputs, sends, groups, etc., (from the UB2442FX-Pro which is a very similar chassis and layout), but what really intrigued me were the compressors. I have a female vocalist with a LASER like voice. Her dynamic range is very wide which is good (and she does a good job controlling it), nonetheless in smaller rooms I don't want to cause nosebleeds with high volume notes. So on our first gig with the Xenyx X2442 USB, I dialed in compression on her channel to about the 2:00 position. PERFECT! I believe the term for the compression algorithm they use is "soft-knee" which usually means that the compressor kicks in gently rather than those examples you hear where the compressor "breathes" in and out. Whatever the terminology, the compressors on the X2442USB kick in such that you almost cannot tell they're working but they definitely ARE working. Her laser voice is capped and doesn't exceed the threshold and overall, our live performance has indeed been enhanced by the use of the compressors on this board. I love the effects as well. VERY nice reverbs. We don't use the other effects much mainly because we ALSO need some reverb on the keyboards and acoustic guitar...so trying to use the effect that has reverb AND delay wouldn't help us because I don't want that on the keys/guitar (again...waiting for the UFX 1604 which has TWO independent FX processors....Behringer...hurry up and release it!).Another interesting point to be made: I bought this "warehouse resealed" which knocked $40 off of the price. When I received it and opened it and took off the side "bumpers" (since I rack mount my mixers), I noticed about a quarter sized dent in the side of the mixer. I contacted zZounds via email and told them about it and they offered an exchange OR would I accept another $40 off? Wow! That is customer service ladies and gentlemen. On my part, IF I accepted the additional $40 off, I had to be happy with it and accept full responsibility (which I did...I seriously doubt anything can go wrong based on that particular dent...but ya NEVER know!). Anyway...great service.Finally...once I racked it up and hooked it into our PA as well as to a Behringer POWERPLAY PRO-XL HA4700 headphone amp (which I HEARTILY recommend), we, as a band, were off to the races. Great clean sound. Plenty of routing options. Plenty of gain on the mic channels. We record our gigs religiously via various means (direct out of the headphone jack into a Zoom Q3HD as well as multiple Direct Outs, Group Outs, etc., to a Zoom R16 multi-track) and believe it or not, as long as we are mixing well in real time, the direct stereo output to the Q3HD sounds GREAT! This has the potential to save us time since there is no post-gig mixdown from the Q3HD (like there is with the R16). Alright...I've talked your ear off...but if you're considering this mixer, stop stewing and buy it. You will never look back! Also...for those geeks out there (and I'm one of them) who are agonizing over the number of channels, number of Aux Outs, number of Group Outs, Direct Outs, etc., stop agonizing over the other Xenyx models that have LESS outputs and simply buy the King of the Hill in the X2442 USB. We're talking about a difference of $50-$100 between them all and you WILL need the extra outputs/channels some day...so just DO IT.I have SAID my piece and counted to three.Sincerely,Kevin B. Selby

"XENYX X2442 SHINES HIGH ON FEATURES AND VALUE..." submitted July 12, 2011

Musical Background: Musician & Technician
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I use this board for live performances to mix everything from our vocals to electronic drums to piano & keyboard. I've rigged it to feed our PA amp with a separate feed for sub-woofer. The board is versatile, well built, quiet, has great effects and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The one thing you need to get use to is the "British" equalizers. But once you get the knack, you're off and running. Feature: The effects are great. The reverbs, delays, chorus, etc. offer a real selection to choose from. The board layout is very straight forward and intuitive and there are enough inputs to satisfy any small to medium sized band. Ease of Use: As I've said, it's very straight forward. If you're a smaller band and don't have a sound man, it's easy enough to set up and get the right sound... set it and forget it. Quality: I've had this board for over 2 years now... no issues. I have quite a few other Behringer pieces of equipment... no issues. Value: If you're on a tight budget, this board delivers more bang for the buck than anything out there. Ignore the nay-sayers. Manufacturer Support: Because I also have a powered mixer, I once ask how the "power output wattage" was rated. I quickly got a response but it was a "song & dance" as they said their rating couldn't be converted to "continuous average watts" or "RMS" values. (C'mon guys, it's only math...I guess the low number would embarrass them.) But at least they responded quickly. The Wow Factor: It was a great buy... so I got it. Overall: My first Behringer mixer was a powered mixer which I stated in another review to be a waste of money. I said "get a decent power amp (QSC, Crown, Peavey, etc.) and then get THIS mixing board." I followed my own advice and haven't been sorry. This boards got all the features I need and it works perfectly, day in, day out.
40 of 41 people (97.56%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Behringer XENYX X2442 USB Mixer A Dream to Use!" submitted July 28, 2011

Overall
Sound: I find the board to be very intuitive and soooo quiet I thought it wasn't on! Musicians I have used it with love the sound!Planning on getting another bigger Beringer plus more of their speakers. Ease of Use: Once again very intuitive. If you have ever used a board you can just start this one up and GO. Quality: Beringer is by far the best bang for the buck. Overall: I will add another board as aformentioned.

"FANTASTIC MIXER! BUY THIS NOW!" submitted February 2, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Drummer
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Country
Sound: It is a great sounding mixer. Almost no noise, great headroom, and great sound coming out of it. Feature: The effects processer is great. The four aux sends are more than come in most mixers in this price range. It also has four subgroups, another feature most mixers don't have in this price range. It also has direct outs on eight channels and has inserts on all the channels. Ease of Use: Very easy to use with any mic or instrument. I've used some different mixers and, apart from and Allen & Heath mixer, this is one of the easiest mixers to understand and use. Quality: Great preamps. Knobs and faders are good quality and can take a beating. All the inputs and outputs have quality connectors. Value: Fantastic value! No mixer I have ever seen in this price range has as many features as does the 2442usb Manufacturer Support: Anything you don't understand, Behringer's website has something on it to help you out. The Wow Factor: It has a very beautiful look to it. Behringer redid the colors and look of the 2442usb compared to the older 2442fx, and it looks great. Overall: I plan on using this mixer for a very long time, as long as it lasts, which will hopefully be a very long time.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Definitely a step up." submitted February 6, 2012

By Gary T in Hiawassee, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Played semi-pro for years, now just home studio-guitar, drums, bass, keys, vocals
Music Style: Classic rock, country
Overall: I used to use a Behringer X1222USB for my home studio but needed the extra channels of the X2442USB. I am very pleased with the 2442 however, the one thing the 1222 had that I wish the 2442 had is a graphic eq. The 2442 has lots of bells and whistles that the 1222 doesn't, not to mention the added channel space. Both boards work well in a home studio setting and neither one takes a degree in engineering to figure out, although, I thought Behringer could have gone a little more in depth with their owners manual. All-in-all, what a GREAT purchase at a bargain price!

Behringer XENYX X2442-USB Customer Review submitted September 8, 2010

Overall
Sound: I play drums with a variaty band and the versitility is unreal. Ican run 6 mics for a main mix, then run a monitor mix back from the main board for headphone use. Everything is seperate and clean. I just got the board but hte longer I have it the more I love it. The preamps and compressers give the drums a great punch. I use this unit with a 4-gate and the sound is great. Feature: Could use built-in noise gates for drum mix. Ease of Use: The effects unit is awesome.

""More Than Enough"" submitted August 22, 2012

By Adriaan N Roggeveen in Camilla, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 50+ Years Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Harmonica, Vocal Play whenever and wherever!
Music Style: Folk/Bluegrass, Christian Gospel, Blues, but not too Blue.
Overall: For me this is an upgrade from the Behringer Xenyx 1204FX/USB. Seemed like the logical step since I am getting great service from the one, I decided to take a bigger step to the top of the Analog Mixing Capability in this series. I especially like the sub-group capability so I can isolate my feedback prone mics and instrument mics. Can't justify a X32 but for me this is more than I need without having to just add inputs with nothing to plug into them. The subgroup capability alone is worth the upgrade....and the BNC connector for a light. Great piece of gear with lots of use and still useable foot print. Now I can take the smaller mixer on the road and have not had to relearn everything.

"Behringer XENYX X2442 USB Mixer " submitted November 5, 2013

By Doug W in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years exp., Guitar, Bass, Drums, and sing lead and harmony. Semi-Pro/Studio
Music Style: Country, Bluegrass, Folk and Jazz
Overall: I have a lot of Behringer products and have had a great expierence with all of them. For the musician on a budget the price point can't be beat. This mixer was put into our show from day one and has performed as expected...love it!

"Adequate Mixer" submitted July 28, 2014

By WAYNE DANIELS in Central Islip, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing and singing for over 35 years, keyboards, organ, worship.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: The X2442USB Mixer is great for the price. I've purchased other Behringer mixers and they seem to have stepped up the quality a bit on this model. Even though it's missing the talk back feature you can still pick a free channel and us a microphone. It just works! The sound is clean and for the money and you probably can't find another mixer in it's class with all of the options this mixer has without spending more money.

"Good product" submitted August 11, 2014

By Jose H in Las cruces, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 33 years, play bass, quitar. Played professionally for 15 years. Now run my audio company.
Music Style: Christian, Spanish Latin music.
Overall: Very nice mixer, simple to use. Like the effects it has, and it's rack mountable. Behringer at its best.

"ALL I HAVE TO SAY JUST IT THE BEST I EVER HEARD AT THE PRICE." submitted February 16, 2011

By a customer from VERIZON.NET
Musical Background: MUSIC PRODUCER AND DJ
Music Style: ALL
Sound: IT'S ALL THAT NICE AND CLEAN Feature: I WISH IT CAME WITH THE NIGHT LAMP BUT IT'S FINE Value: YES THE PRODUCT IS WORTH IT I WANT ANOTHER ONE SO I CAN LINK THEM TOGETHER TO GET A BIGGER BOARD AT A SUPER PRICE PLUS I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS AND THE FEATURES Manufacturer Support: NEVER HAD A PROBLEM The Wow Factor: LOOKIN GOOD Overall: LONG TIME LIKE I SAID I WANT ANOTHER ONE SO I CAN LINK THEM TOGETHER MAY 2 MORE THE SOUND IS HOT ,IT LOOK HOT,FEATURES HOT,INS AND OUTS ARE HOT,COMPRESSION ON 8 CHANNELS DO I NEED TO SAY MORE JUST BUY IT AND YOU'LL SEE WHY I SAY I WANT TO LINK 2 OR 3 UP TOGETHER.

"Good Mixer for the Money" submitted November 28, 2012

By Nokey A in Snellville, GA
Musical Background: Drummer
Music Style: funk,blues,rock, hip-hop, southern soul,R&B,inspirational,etc
Overall: I am a Drummer .I use this to Sub mix my drums this into our main system.... good. punchy sound & clean .....then I also use it to do small gigs with no problems...They have stepped it up

"THIS BOARD IS AWSOME DON'T SLEEP ON IT YOUR LOOSE OUT BUT JUST SAVE ONE FOR ME I NEED ANOTHER ONE" submitted March 13, 2011

By a customer from VERIZON.NET
Musical Background: MUSICIAN,MUSIC PRODUCER AND DJ
Music Style: MUSIC I LIKE TO MAKE
Sound: AWSOME CRISP AND CLEAN Feature: NICE SOFTWARE Ease of Use: DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANY THING THE SOUND IS GREAT RIGHT OUT THE BOX Quality: ALL GOOD Value: YES Manufacturer Support: NEVER HAD TO TALK TO ANYONE YET The Wow Factor: IT LOOKS AWSOME LIKE A RECORDING STUDIO MIXXING BOARD Overall: NOPE KEEPING IT HOPE TO BUY ANOTHER SO I CAN HAVE TWO SIDE BY SIDE TO MAKE IT LOOK REAL BIG

When you call, mention priority code 16GZ-ST2P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976