When you call, mention priority code 20J-T23W

Rating and Reviews: Behringer TO800 Overdrive

Recreate the sounds of real tube amp overdrive with this overdrive pedal. It features Drive, Tone, and Level controls for great tone shaping.

"The Behringer TO800 sounds like my TS5!" submitted August 7, 2014

By Jimmy T in Bellmore, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Pro for 30 years. Play anything with strings and frets, keyboards, harmonica.
Music Style: Rock, R & B, Jazz, Country, Bluegrass, Ragtime, finger-picking, fatpicking, acoustic, electric.
Overall: When the description for Behringer’s TO800 Vintage Overdrive pedal mentions the 4558 IC I know they're referring to the chip used in what I consider one of the most iconic pedals in Guitardom. Clueless? We’re talking about the TS-808, TS9, TS10, TS7, TS5, etc. The TS series is the most collected, written about, and modified pedal out there. I was a relative late-comer to TS mania and it was the early 90’s when I got a TS5. It’s the same circuit as the original but cheaper components, a plastic case, and it’s not a collectable, but it produces the same soft clipped harmonic distortion that the early versions are lauded for. Jump to present and Behringer who produces inexpensive clones of many popular pedals. With my curiosity killing me, I ordered the TO800 and it arrived in two days. I hooked up the TO800 and my TS5 and A-B’ed them at the same settings. Shazaam, shazaam! I can’t tell the difference. The Behringer TO800 nails it! Yes the case is plastic and battery cover removal is a bit quirky but I use it with an external supply and I don’t throw or drop my pedals. Get “the sound” for a song and a dance.

"This is a Tube Screamer" submitted June 1, 2017

By Jim S in JIM THORPE, PA
Musical Background: 38 years of playing 100 shows a year
Music Style: Classic rock,blues,country you name it
Overall: Of course everyone will compare this with the legendary Tube Screamer. Well let me tell you it is pretty close to being one in the same. I viewed a you tube video of this and an actual tube screamer being played and that was what sold me on this product. Please keep in mind that this is not a distortion pedal it is a tube pedal. It offers a tube crunch sound for the most part unless cranked up then of course it becomes a distortion pedal. I love the tone of it and even though I have an overdrive section on my amp this is much superior to that. Am I worried at all about the plastic housing of it absolutely not and at a price of $19.99 believe me there is nothing to think about.

"Nice Surprise!" submitted January 27, 2015

By Paul M in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar 22 years. Gigging on and off for 10 years.
Music Style: Blues, Rock and a little country.
Overall: Simply a no brainer at this price. After reading many reviews, I gave it shot and was blown away. I put it side by side with my buddy's TS9 and it was virtually identical. The difference was placing the drive past 9 O'clock. At this setting it has a little more distortion which gives it an almost two in one effect. While the TS9's metal casing will hold up longer, I find no reason to spend $80 more for it. The plastic casing is of high quality industrial strength and I have kicked the dung out of it and it has held up. I have a Tubulator MTE-1 which I dislike and never use but decided to use it in unison and the sounds that I can get are amazing. I am running it through my Super champ X2HD and cabinet on the straight tube clean channel 1 and it has turned it into the most versatile amp I have ever had. Behringer has come along way and they are making some good stuff now. Buy this pedal and it may be the best $20 bucks you've spent.

"When I practise I often get lost in a good way with effects and sounds." submitted November 15, 2011

Musical Background: guitar 40 YRS
Music Style: country, blues, rock
Sound: I have limited use in my country style but when I need it,,,,,,,,it's there in a big way. Feature: Standard size, fits my board nicely, nothing bad to add. Ease of Use: I keep it set to the same settings. Quality: I have no issues with this nor my other 9 pedals all Behingher. Value: Far superior. Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: I can always use another sound. Overall: I would replace it.

"smoove" submitted December 25, 2013

By jessie bray in gleason, TN
Musical Background: 3.5 years. guitar, bass
Music Style: rock, blues, christian.
Overall: This pedal is well worth the effort and money.

"sweet sound." submitted November 25, 2013

By jessie bray in gleason, TN
Musical Background: guitar, bass, 3 years
Music Style: christian, rock, blues
Overall: This is a nice pedal. It's simple to use. It's got a great sound. AND it's tougher than you think.

"Good quality pedal" submitted April 25, 2011

By a customer from navy.mil
Musical Background: 2 years as hobbyist
Music Style: Classic rock and blues
Sound: Works as advertised. You just need to tweak it to your sound of choice. As for me, I had to lower the gain setting of my tube amp to make the overdrive work and give your notes some boost and sustain. Feature: The drive and the tone to me are the useful settings. I don't like to turn up the level knob high because it makes the amp really noise and it cause too much hiss and hum. Ease of Use: 3 knobs, it's easy as 123 to use this thing. Quality: It's a compact size but only thing Behringer could do better is get these pedals changed to metal such as aluminum, which is the case mostly for leading brands of pedals these days. Manufacturer Support: ZZounds customer service is outstanding

When you call, mention priority code 20J-T23W. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449