When you call, mention priority code 175P-BPC7

Rating and Reviews: Behringer PMP1000 Mixer

Get more power per pound with this Behringer 12-channel mixer. The lightweight unit delivers precise, full-bodied sound driven by 500 watts of power.

"Not enough bang for your buck" submitted February 26, 2011

By a customer from karaokeevents.com
Musical Background: DJ & lead singer in a band
Sound: It sounds ok. I don't think this is a true 500 watt amp. I own a 200 watt mixer also and this mixer has to have the volume on max to sound close to what my 200 watt sounds on half volume. I was really hopefully for a more powerful mixer when I made this purchase Feature: I do like the features. The effects are nice. I like how they are easy to change with the turn of a switch. Ease of Use: It's a mixer. If you don't know how to use one this would be the mixer to use. The instructions are also easy to follow Quality: Because of the quality of power I don't use this on the road. I am a DJ and this mixer stays home and I still use my other mixer-the 200 watt Value: I think I could buy a nicer more powerful mixer for the same or just a small amount more. Manufacturer Support: I heard they are good. I haven't used this service yet The Wow Factor: It looks good. It's compacted and it's a nice looking mixer. It's looking real pretty sitting on my desk right now Overall: Already looking for a replacement

"Powered mixer hiccups." submitted May 3, 2008

By a customer from kauai.gov
Overall
Musical Background: 40 year music professional, Recording Engineer, Producer, Performer Recording Artist
Music Style: Ethno musicology, Jazz, Swing
Sound: The sound of this unit out of the box is awesome. I did sound for an 4 piece vocal band with acoustic electric guitars, an electric bass, no monitors for about 300 people at a cafeteria. The mixer performed flawlessly, it's easy and intuitive the effects are terrific. After only a few months and less than a half dozen gigs, I experienced something I havent experienced in 20 years of professional audio. During a gig, the sound went out. The meters were active and showed input and output but the sound cut in and cut out. Almost in pefect intervals the sound cut out as if it were timed to do so. No popping, hissing, or clipping sound preceded the dead air that that band experienced. Behringer is sending a replacement mixer to the store I bought this unit from. I like the product and its features for the price. Reliability gets gigs and wins confidence. Work out the kinks fast Behringer. I've heard too many stories like mine. Dead Air in Hawaii Feature: Noper Just the unit, manuals and power cable Ease of Use: The unit sounds great out of the box. very intuitive. Quality: Looks great, seems well constructed. Mine only lasted a few months Value: It's a great value for the price. Features of a much more expensive unit. It has to be reliable though. Manufacturer Support: Yes as I explained earlier. Beringer is sending the music shop wher I bought this mixer a new one for me. Lets see how this works out. The Wow Factor: Very techie. nice, I like it. Pretty and functional. When it works that it. Overall: Reliability is the deciding factor always. I need something that works day in and day out.
35 of 41 people (85.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer PMP1000 Mixer Customer Review submitted March 26, 2008

Musical Background: Guitarist,singer
Sound: The sound might be nice except that this is third unit that is failing within one year.What happens is that there is a fuzzy distortion coming from the power amp section whenever 2 speakers are used...one channel adds fuzz to the *other* channel.Most weird.There is no fuzz when using the headphone option telling it's not the preamp/the settings..it's the power amp.The first unit went weird by shutting down and the effects developed their own mind by turning on and off by itself.The second unit was fuzzy sounding,the third,fuzzy too.It's two months in the local shop now and Behringer *still* hasn't sent the replacement parts.The tech verified my claims too,BOTH units have an inherent fuzziness to them that you cannot remove. I questioned the reps at Behringer about this fuzziness issue and they say that this is an isolated coincidence.Nope,not true.I got two in a row AND I found at least one other *exact* such complaint online.How many more are out there?How many have this problem but think it's "normal" for a lower priced powered mixer to sound dirty?My first didn't fuzz out,so it's two out of three for me so far plus others online.Wake up Behringer,there's a trend. Feature: The unit does have allot of useful features for the money however .... Ease of Use: It's easy to use. Quality: I would vote one except there are people,I'm told,that have no problems with theirs.I'm on number three and I pamper my gear,it's more than coincidence that 3 failed and two for EXACTLY the same issue. Value: They'd get a 9 if the product worked correctly because it offers allot of features for the money. Manufacturer Support: Behringer would get an 8 or 9 if they resolved the issue more competently.The folks in WA were nice on the phone but the way support is set up they could not,without going out of the way,test and confirm a properly replacement working unit before they sent them.Result?Behringer "quality" is not what it should be and therefore reduces the rating to a generous 4. I'm dead in the water for months now,have wasted much of my time and theirs,Behringer has lost money on me...nobody came out ahead here. The Wow Factor: It is handy in that it is conveniently smaller. Overall: I think Behringer will resolve this but I question how much use I will get out of the repaired unit after the warranty is up.It's been almost a year and I've had a mixer to use only two months so far between all the replacing and repairing.I'm not happy.
16 of 21 people (76.19%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Demand for 1 package deal,5 products in one. " submitted February 28, 2009

By a customer from atlanticbb.net
Overall
Musical Background: professional touring gospel singer
Music Style: contemporary,southern gospel
Sound: Sound greaaaat. Its like having a recording studio with you. many compliments at our live concerts, asking what we did to make our sound so clear,and expessive.. many venues what to order sound from us. Feature: Echo,reverb variation are the best. Tone balance is good. I can adjust my mics,keybords,trax to fit my needs. Ease of Use: NO brainer easy to adjust even a cave man can do it. Quality: looks professional. Use it on the road every weekend, carry it in a 4 by 6 trailer. Value: I always wait for my product to go to the blowout page. Manufacturer Support: machines are made by man and easy to break. anytime i had they took care of it. The Wow Factor: It makes me look professional. Overall: I love everything about it.

"Works only sporadically, dont buy if you are performing live with limited set up time." submitted August 7, 2009

Overall
Sound: Sound is good, when it works. Feature: Features are good. Quality: I have had problems right out the box. Plugging in 4 vocal mics and one guitar set up correctly followed mfg instructions perfectly, yet no sound! All lights are functioning, yet no sound! Very disturbing in front of an audience. After unplugging and replugging all connections, praying and swearing, suddenly the system will work. This happens almost every time I use it. I never know what will make it come on, but it is very inconsistant. Fortunately, once it is functioning with sound, it works all evening without any problems. Also, the volumne sliders have to be on max to get any sound at all. I would advise not purchasing this unit until Behringer fixes it. I've read others who have had the same problems and worse! Sound cuts off during a performance!

""THIS MIXER HAS PROBLEMS, DO NOT PURCHASE"" submitted October 15, 2008

By a customer from AOL.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: TEJANO
Sound: THE MIXER SOUNDED GOOD IF YOU DONT MIND HAVING SOUND OUT OF JUST ONE OUTPUT. THE MIXER HAD A PROBLEM RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. I CALLED BEHRINGER BEFORE I ORDERED THIS UNIT BECAUSE I HAD READ THE OTHER REVIEWS AND DID'NT WANT ANY PROBLEMS BUT THE REP AT BEHRINGER DENIED THAT THEY HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS PARTICULAR UNIT. I PERSONALLY THINK THAT THEY DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS MIXER THAT THEY NEED TO RESOLVE BECAUSE IT REALY DOES HAVE ALOT OF NICE FEATURES. Feature: NO ACCESSORIES OTHER THAN A POWER CORD. I SENT THE UNIT BACK THE NEXT DAY AFTER I GOT IT DUE TO THE PROBLEM DESCRIBED ABOVE. Ease of Use: I SPENT HALF THE DAY TRYING TO TROUBLESHOOT THE PROBLEM WITH NO OUTPUT FROM ONE SIDE OF THE MIXER SPEAKER OUTS. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING THIS UNIT UNTIL BEHRINGER TAKES CARE OF THIS PROBLEM. Quality: THIS PARTICULAR UNIT HAS ISSUES, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING THIS UNIT UNTIL THE ISSUES ARE RESOLVED. Value: THE PRICING FOR THE FEATURES WAS VERY GOOD, UNFORTUNATELY, THE UNIT WAS DEFECTIVE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Manufacturer Support: BEHRINGER DENIED ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS UNIT. THE PEOPLE AT ZZOUNDS WERE VERY HELPFUL IN MY RETURNING THIS UNIT AND I WOULD DEFINITELY DO BUSINESS WITH ZZOUNDS AGAIN. The Wow Factor: I WAS EXCITED WHEN IT ARRIVED AND BUMMED OUT WHEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS DEFECTIVE. Overall: I SENT IT BACK THE NEXT DAY DUE TO DEFECTIVE UNIT. I WISH I HAD PURCHASED A DIFFERENT BRAND OTHER THAN BEHRINGER SO I COULD BE PRACTICING INSTEAD OF WRITING THIS REVIEW.
15 of 19 people (78.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 175P-BPC7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976