When you call, mention priority code 15F5-PQ3Y

Rating and Reviews: Behringer EP4000 Amp

Deliver 4,000 watts of power to your PA at a budget-friendly price with the Behringer EP4000 -- an amp with ultra-fast transient response for punchier lows.

"Definately out performed my expectations!!!" submitted May 11, 2009

By a customer from helpbiz.com
Overall
Musical Background: Sound Engineer, Concert Promoter, Live Venue Owner, Music Enthusist...
Music Style: Everything: Rock, Metal, Tejano, Norteno, Hip-Hop, Country, Techno, Retro...
Sound: I am really pleased with the performance of this Behringer Amp! I am powering two Carvin LSx2153's. (The power rating of the LSx2153's is 800prog/1600peak - manual states 800cont/1600prog/3200peak)and the sound is really clean with the BEH EP 4000. The cabinets are "true three way" series, and the EP 4000 does an excellent job. I tested the unit at 40% with the clip limiter on, and the low cut filter on set at 30Hz. The EP 4000 does exactly as it was designed to do! Feature: The "built in" accessories are the clip limiters, and the low cut filters. They perform as expected. Great job Behringer! Ease of Use: The dip switch diagram is printed on the back panel of the EP 4000 for easy reference. The manual included with the EP 4000 does an excellent job explaining the multiple scenarios of how to utilize the settings of the dip switches. (I had this amp up and running within 30 minutes out of the box!) Quality: The quality is great! The BEH EP4000 is built solid! Cosmeticly, it has the design of any other professional amplifier. One down side is that this unit is HEAVY! You definately are gonna want a rolling rack, or portable rack and have someone help share the load in weight, or safety purposes. (It is not EXTREMELY heavy, but heavy enough to warrant proper handling...) Value: The current price is set just right for the BEH EP 4000, in that if you are looking for an affordable AMP is plenty of power, you definately can not go wrong with the BEH EP 4000! (just between you and I, I have it on good authority that a competitors AMP rated at 7000 watt - 3500 per channel peak [priced at $799] has not performed as anticipated. This was shared with me by a fellow musician that purchased their unit new two weeks ago) Manufacturer Support: I don't have a rating as far as "support" because the BEH EP 4000 perfomed great right out of the box. The Wow Factor: I own it, and highly recommend the Behringer EP 4000 for anyone looking for an affordable "beginner" amp. Definately worth a try. I'm glad I did. Overall: I have used other professional equipment, and in my opinion, the BEH EP 4000 is a great, afforable and alternative investment to the higher priced AMPs that we sometimes want right NOW but don't always have the funds for them. I plan to add two more LSx2153's to complete an small system for smaller gigs, and DJ work. I too was leary at first, but for the price, the BEH EP 4000 is a smart investment.
148 of 152 people (97.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is a Behringer?...No Way!!!" submitted June 12, 2009

Musical Background: active musician, recording, Hobbyist
Music Style: Acoustic, Country, R&B, Classic Rock
Sound: The sound of this amp is incredible. Now that Behringer is using Toshiba parts I'll bet this will stand the test of time. The manual and the amp itself is self explanatory. IF you don't carry around your manual the back of the amp tells you all the settings. Feature: I'll reiterate one thing the previous reviewer said...This thing is HEAVY..IT will take 2 people to carry this thing especially in a rack unless your rack is on wheels. I'm a decently strong guy and I was surprised how heavy this thing is...It is built like a Tank though so it will be durable.. Ease of Use: Manual and the back of the amp are very explanatory. All the settings are shown on the back of the amp for reference. Quality: Much more durable than Crown and QSC IMO. And I have used or owned both...On the other hand I think Behringer likes to fudge a little on ratings and sometimes what they say the ratings for on their products are slightly lower. Value: C'mon for the money you will be amazed at the quality and performance of this amp. I know most people snub Behringer products and in most cases rightfully so but they are moving in the right direction and you can't go wrong with this or any of their power amps. Manufacturer Support: I don't know about the support I haven't had to use it. The Wow Factor: this thing is HEAVY.....not sexy at all....But the power is beyond Sexy... Overall: This is my only power amp now so I shouldn't have to buy another power unless this one dies. IT has more than enough power to need another amp.
102 of 106 people (96.23%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer EP4000 Amp Customer Review submitted January 13, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, home audiophile
Music Style: many genres
Sound: I give this amp a 10 as it delivers it's RMS rated power and does so cleanly and without distortion or added noise. The headroom of the big Europower amps is amazing. Ease of Use: Straight forward to hook up and use - no issues - comprehensive manual. Quality: For the price these CANNOT be beat - PERIOD. I own two EP2500 and two EP4000 - they are very solid with zero quality control issues. Value: Hands down best pro amp value avail. Forget about the knock on Behringer making low grade stuff - this amp will hang with amps 4x the price easily.

"ep4000" submitted March 16, 2012

By chad winkler in conrad, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Performed in bands for the last 30 yrs/ Sound tech for area events
Music Style: rock/Hair Metal
Overall: ok for those of you that are sceptics about behringer power amps here is a little something you should know. On the net there is a audio forum that did a test for many different brands of amps QSC,Crown, CREST and behringer etc... The guy who did the test was a repair Tech for Crown for many years. Behringer rated there amps under lab conditions ie room temp at x degress, air flow etc.. in the real world with the testing done. the output of the behringer amps were still very very compariable to others and in fact did BEAT out pwr and THD or some Crown and and Qsc amps.. search for the article. See the amp looks like copies of Qsc and others and if you open it up the guts and design is the same as QSC. All in all I personnal have serveral of these and in bridge mode they are at 2100 at 4 ohms THD is .2 % So NO you wont see the 3000 or 4000 watts clean as stated but still very very good power for about anything.. Dont be afraid of them.. thanks

"AMAZED at the EP4000!" submitted May 8, 2010

Musical Background: DJ, Sound Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, Reggae, Indian Remix
Sound: Amazing sound. I just compared this amp against the QSC4050HD and NO ONE could tell which amp was playing which speaker. I had these amps hooked up to 2 Cerwin Vega EL-36B subwoofers. Drove them at maximum power for about 8 hrs at a wedding I DJ'd. At the end of the night I asked my collegues how was the bass, they said awesome, pounding! No one could tell I used a Behringer! Sounds CLEAN, no distortion or loud noise. Feature: With all the features built in as the limiters and clip monitor, you can't ask for more unless you buy a new digital amp like a Crown with built in DSP. The inputs and outputs are all an industry standards with 1/4" to Speakon. Ease of Use: Plug it in and GO! Tweek it later. Quality: BUILT LIKE A TANK is TRUE! Heavy and could probably take a beating, but I will keep mine rack mounted. Value: For $350, is that not the best per watt average you can find? Manufacturer Support: Honestly never had to call. Their website is nice and easy to use! LoL! The Wow Factor: I already own this. If I needed more I would defeniatly buy moer! Overall: AMAZING! Overall cheap, powerful, and durable. It has clean sound and loaded with features amongst the industry standard connections.

"Can't go wrong" submitted September 28, 2010

Musical Background: Professional touring musician, recording artist
Music Style: Outlaw Country
Sound: You can't possibly do better than this amp for even double the price. Feature: It's a power amp...what features do I need? It has speakon and banana connectors, clip light...? What more? Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: Built as tough as nails...this thing is solid Value: Can't do any better for the money Manufacturer Support: Never needed it but I assume Behringer has great support so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt The Wow Factor: I want three more!!! Overall: I am a professional touring musician. This amp is exactly what it is supposed to be

"Behringer EP4000 is brilliant." submitted January 9, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Music and Electronics Hobbiest and I have build MOSFET amps, previously mobile DJ
Music Style: N/A
Sound: I matched the EP4000 with my Beyma 600w RMS speakers (Beyma 15G40 woofer + CP380m tweeter) and the sound is incredible. Crystal clear sound at very high power. The amp had more than enough power to work these big speakers. Anyone that claims the amp is short on power has not matched the input (mixer / graphic) correctly. Feature: The amp has various mode switches on the back, as well as an easy aid descriptor for each. Ease of Use: Plug in and play. Quality: Build solid, which makes it a bit heavy, but solid. Value: I dont understand why people feel like they have to pay a lot for an amp to believe it is good. If Behringer doubled the price they may sell more. The electronic components of all amps cost about the same, except the power supply components (Transformer and large capacitors). To get the real full power from an amp, you cannot skimp on this, which is why this amp is heavy. Manufacturer Support: Unknown - Has not broken down The Wow Factor: I have it. Overall: I previously owned another 2000w disco amp and this one is far better. They both pushed out about 550 w RMS at 8 ohm but this one does not battle and has many more features.

"Marvelous Machine" submitted March 5, 2012

By Joseph B in Greensboro, NC
Overall
Music Style: Rock 'n' Roll.
Overall: I use this amp as a power amp in a home stereo system. It replaced a vintage Carver power amp and is absolutely fine. I haven't found the end of the power band yet and have played it really hard. I love it and believe that it is the best bargain going today.

"BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK !!!" submitted August 3, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Weekend Rocker for over 30 years.
Music Style: Classic rock, Blues, Southern rock
Sound: This amp is perfect, It has the extra power I need to push my speakers,It's twice the power of my old amp. Running them at the same volume(Used a sound meter to check level)the sound is so much cleaner when your amp is not at it's peak. Over all very happy with this product. Feature: Would have liked sub woofer crossover built in, But I do like the low end filters that are built in. Ease of Use: turn it on and turn it up ! Quality: Looks really solid,(Built like a MAC truck)Haven't had it long but it likes like it can take some abuse. Value: Best bang for the Buck!!!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any customer service other then a few tech questions that they answered for me. The Wow Factor: It's a power amp, it's practical addition to my setup, but it does look good in my rack. Overall: Should last a very long time,I will probably, buy another one (or two)to replace other amps I have. The quality of construction and overall sound can't be beat it for price especially. (I can't believe they sell them at the prices they do) If it where lost or stolen I would replace it! Great addition to my sound system

"Over all clean Power!" submitted September 29, 2011

By a customer from alanfoxband.com
Overall
Sound: I recently purchased a Behringer EP4000 Power Amplifier to add it to my amp rack. I am using it to power my subs for plenty of overhead power. I have been using a QSC 1450 for my upper end and the Behringer EP2500 for the subs. I was so impressed with my EP2500 that I got the EP4000 for my subs and moved the EP2500 to my mids. Too Much Power for Clubs? not at all, just clean overhead power. It's great for my speakers, and our sound. AFBmusic.us The Wow Factor: Who cares? It's a power amp.

"Well i got a nother one" submitted February 17, 2014

By troy johnson in bakersfield, CA
Overall
Musical Background: been doing sound about seven year. outreaches and ralleys
Music Style: christian rock,rap,country alltype of music
Overall: i bought one of the ep4000 amps bout six years ago and the only problume ive had with it is some one left my systim on for two days and i had to let it cool off before it would come back on. the amp works fine and i have ran this at 2ohms with no problumes. some people say you get what you pay for but really how do you know your not getting rip from the big guys. Ive learn a lot in the passed seven years big names are not what they seem to be and I will be buying at least four more of these amps. Thanks Behringer for putting a true value on your products.

"Great Amp!" submitted August 1, 2010

Musical Background: Concert Sound Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: The amp sounds good. Great sound quality, and a great amount of power. Feature: It is a bummer that the only outs are those newer twist type cables. BUT, they are better quality in the end, although not every speaker has those connectors available. But it shouldn't be an issue with any newer speakers. Ease of Use: REALLY easy to use amp. Enough said. Quality: Great quality for what you pay. Maybe not quite up there as 3,000$ QSC amps... But still unbelievable for the price... And who isn't on a budget these days? Value: This amp is the meaning of value. Manufacturer Support: Never talked to them... Luckily never needed to. I have owned this EP4000, and an EP2500 for a very long time, and never have I had a problem. No matter how hard I push it. The Wow Factor: Well... I have one, lol. ALTHOUGH... I really want another one. Overall: Great amp, Great Price, Great quality, Great support and warranty, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

"EP4000" submitted November 13, 2013

By Gene Allen in Brooklyn, NY
Music Style: House Disco Classics
Overall: I'm amazed at the sheer power plain and simple. I have two Ep4000 running four 18" Sonic Subs with B&C 10000 watts RMS woofers and they do damage. I just provided the sound system this past Monday for the 2013 Barber Battle in Brooklyn, NY and the placed was moved. I was leary of pushing them but DJ Jazzy Joyce had all the power she needed and with and eye my trusting hand to check if they were hot. It not once displayed any rise in heat. I give it a 10 because if you study the specs it out performs most amps.

"It did the job!!" submitted September 23, 2012

By Oscar E in Rialto, CA
Musical Background: 30 +
Music Style: Tejano and from a to z...zounds
Sound: Just let it be Feature: None Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Little heavy but made well Value: Very good price Manufacturer Support: Not jet The Wow Factor: Its just fine Overall: I put the sound at a church festival for 2 days 10hrs @ day with the heat of 101 degrees in the I.E in Calif. Over 12 bands, mariachis and more. Im very happy we finish the job with honors.

"True power" submitted March 19, 2014

By Floyd Dj Mouse Murray in Longview, TX
Musical Background: over 25 yrs
Music Style: All
Overall: These are some powerful amps I bought 2 of them and I use one on 4 15s and the other one for 2 18s. I normally use Peavy amps. What made me switch over is because I like Barringer crossover so I decided to try they amps I was very satisfied. I'm a Dj

"Behringer EP4000" submitted February 22, 2014

By Steve Allen in Dadeville, AL
Musical Background: Sound & stage production
Overall: I bought one of these used for 150.00... WISH I could find another that cheap. A beast of an amp. Use care in speaker configurations! It doesn't overheat, the voice coils will... zZounds has the best price so far on NEW ones... I'll buy another for sure.

"EP4000 GIG PERFORMANC" submitted June 10, 2013

By david reyes in westfield, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: do sound for,bobby valli,nj scan fest,steuben parade floats,filipino fests,street fetivals and bands.
Music Style: rock,big band,pop,r n b.
Overall: PURCHASED 2 EP4000 AMPS. SURPRISED ME VERY MUCH.I JUST DID SOUND FOR A FILIPINO FESTIVAL IN PASSAIC PARK NJ,9TH OF JUNE. USED THEM TO PUSH 2 BINS AND 2 FULLRANGE CABS..THESE AMPS REALLY KICKED.CLEAN SOUND.FOR THE MONEY, I THINK THIS IS A GOOD BUY!!!! I AM GETTING 2 MORE!!

"best bang for buck" submitted July 21, 2013

By timothy s in burr oak, MI
Musical Background: 30 yrs sound engineer
Music Style: metal rock blues country
Overall: Had 2 liked them so much bought 2 more from here 2 days they were at my door I've used crowns and qsc and these are the best bang for the buck. I will be buying more when I start working on my monitor system.

Behringer EP4000 Amp Customer Review submitted December 31, 2010

Musical Background: I have done sound for about two years
Music Style: all
Sound: I have a Beringer 400 amp that Ive had now for about eight months I am very happy with the qaullity of this amp I have had no problume with this amp and my sound systum is awesome all to gether I run 9000 watts of power 4000 of this is my beringer I would recomend this amp to any one who is looking for a all around amp

"i have one" submitted October 30, 2013

By ray r in fort worth, TX
Musical Background: 30yrs
Music Style: tejano/latin
Overall: I got one of these amps use it to push 2 duo 18 cabs@60 % and have no trouble im getting one more two just be able to set one per side and not worry ..

"Lots Of Power "THE AMP!!!"" submitted February 12, 2014

By Darryl Kearney in Bailey, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Bass since 1978, Keyboards,Rhythm Guitar, DJ'n & Live Sounds for a few years.
Music Style: R&B, Rap and Pop/Rock, Gospel, FUNK & Jazz
Overall: This amp is so powerful, you can push it loud without driving it hot!!!

"you'll be surprise " submitted March 5, 2014

By orville r in mount vernon, NY
Musical Background: professional dj
Music Style: all type of music as long as it has a positive moral
Overall: this amplifier will replace high end amps.more than you'll expect...i own three

"Behringer Has It Going On With This Amp " submitted August 18, 2009

Musical Background: 12 Years Dj And Karaoke And Sound For Bands
Music Style: Any Type Rock And Hip Hop
Sound: The Sound Is Good Really Good For A 350.00 Amp It's Priced Cheap And I Own 2 And Plan On Owning 2 More Soon. Any One Want To Buy My 2 Peavey Gps 2600's Cost 1350.00 New That's How Much I Like The Behringer 4000 Willing To Sell 2 Peavey Amps That Cost 4 Times As Much In Place Of Them. Believe Me They Are Powerful And Good Enough Sounding. I Give Them A 7 In Sound Feature: They Are Versitable Manufacturer Support: Don't Know Hope There Easy To Deal With

"4000 ep power amp" submitted May 13, 2012

By ray robles in fort worth, TX
Musical Background: 30+yrs in music
Music Style: tejano jazz rock
Overall: i just got this amp used it one time so far it cliped 1 time im useing it to push 2 double 18 cabs ev it was hot in bluigd ,so far its good going to try try it on 1 doulbe 18 at 70% is if it works good alone on 1 cab,like i said it was hot in bluidg.i will buy 1 more for the price its great note if you put a fan put it in front of amp..

"Great amp however beware if it needs repair!" submitted September 21, 2012

By ara a in santa barbara, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years of sound support.
Music Style: I do sound support for all types of music
Overall: It's true this is a very good amp for the money but if it by chance breaks you'll be waiting up to a year to get it back as there are no parts available in the USA and this goes for all of the Behringer products I hope they resolve this parts issue. I would have given it 4-5 stars for everything however the repair issue is big.

"This is a great Amp" submitted February 1, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: Sound Room Engineer (Church)
Music Style: Church Worship Services
Sound: We us this amp in our church and it works really great. Feature: Um its a amp and it works good. Ease of Use: plug-and-play. adjust the settings and your good to go Value: its worth the price Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: you have to have it but it does look sharp Overall: For a long time

"In my honest opinion, this amplifier is a beast! You can use either 8ohm or 4 ohm speakers. If you're using 8ohms, you'll be pus" submitted July 3, 2011

Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: Variety
Sound: I purchased this amplifier from ZZounds and when I got it in, the amplifier was defective. I returned it and I was going to get a replacement,but I needed an amplifier for the following weekend and ZZounds was out of stock for this amplifier, so I requested a refund, and went bought my EP4000 locally. If ZZounds could have had an amplifier shipped to me before the following weekend, would I have purchased it thru ZZounds? Definitely. I really do appreciate the professionalism this company has presented to me. Would I ever deal with this company again? You betcha! Thanks ZZounds! Feature: This amplifier features your on/off power switch, and your channel 1 and channel 2 volume control. Which work great, over all (aside of the defective one I had, but that's really not a big deal to me since I was able to find another one and it worked just fine.) Ease of Use: This amplifier is totally easy to use. It literally tells you where everything goes in the back of the amplifier. You can't go wrong with this. Quality: Though this amplifier is quite heavy (coming in at an estimated 40lbs, more or less), it is built tough and is made of quality parts. The product is very reliable. This amplifier can definitely be used "on the road".. I do it. The worst aspect is that it's so heavy, so for those who can't lift heavy amplifiers, you might want to try something a little lighter, but if the heaviness doesn't bother you, by all means, get this amplifier. You won't be sorry. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Behringer. No, they aren't hard to reach if you call during their normal business hours. They are very friendly. Yes, they told me it was my amplifier that was defective. No, no experiences under warranty outside of this one. No, no repairs or upgrades. The Wow Factor: This is just a practical addition to my setup. Overall: I've been satisfied with Behringer for many years. You can't beat their prices. I bought this product because it was affordable and it had a great reputation at the time of purchase and Behringer's reputation still stands firm and true. This amplifier helps me meet all my musical goals and needs. If this product were lost or stolen, I would replace this product with the same exact product. I love Behringer products that much!

Behringer EP4000 Amp Customer Review submitted November 2, 2009

Overall
Sound: It is one of the best amp i have ever had! it is quick simply and to the point! Feature: The features could've been beter but i like that it has a clip light and a sound light. Ease of Use: It is awesome, i only had to read about the switches on the back and that was it. Quality: it was made very well and it can take a hit. Value: Yes it is the best amp i have ever owned!!!!! Manufacturer Support: the product is so good that i didnt even need to contact the company!!! The Wow Factor: It isnt the best looking thing unless you like just flat black and white for the logos. Overall: i will always be satisfied with this amp and if i ever need another one i know where to get it and it will always be Beriger

"Great amp - rear mounting brackets ARE included, duh!" submitted July 20, 2012

Overall
Overall: Great power,sound, look. Heavy yes but what do you want, flimsy plastic crap? The brackets for the rear are attached to the front brackets and are universal fit to accomodate many rack mounts, but you have to remove a few screws then remove one of the brackets {look close there are ywo on each side} and attach it to the rear bracket support, not very difficult at all. A previous reviewer returned a great amp because they couldn't figure this out. {???}

Behringer EP4000 Amp Customer Review submitted November 29, 2011

Overall
Sound: Out standing for the money would rec amend. Feature: What I like the most is the power for the dollar. What I like the least is the weight. But I guess that comes with the quality and the power, you cant have a top with out a bottom. Ease of Use: It is pretty much self explanatory, even a monkey could use it. Quality: As for the reliability I don't know I just started using it. Value: This amp is the best price in its class. Manufacturer Support: I have no need to at this time

"if you like heartache buy it and you will get it." submitted March 15, 2011

Music Style: country
Sound: the mounting holes on the ep4000 don't match the holes on the gator rolling rack...you get only one screw on each side to hold the 48 lbs of amp. scared me alittle so returned the amp. didn't get a chance to power the amp so I can't give any reports on that end. am looking to a peavey ipr 3000 which only weights 7 lbs with slightly less power 3000watts instead of the 4000 on the behringer. I owned a peavey 750 for along time and never had any problems. I talked to behringer about making the mtn holes bigger and they told me that it would void my warranty...for correcting their mistake of not matching the holes in my gator case. hope you have better luck than me. Feature: NONE. it should have had mtn brackets for attaching the amp to the rear of the gator case but they had none. if you get this amp I hope the two (2) 10-32 screws hold the amp in the case. You might want to hold the ends of the case just in case the amp breaks loose and falls out. I called gator and they don't recommend using just two screws to hold that much weight. Ease of Use: ??? Quality: very heavey amp for more than one amp in a case. hire stronger "roadies" if you mount this amps with other amps. very poor quality control on the mounting for a 2u space. they (the behringer co.) may need to hire someone who could measure correctly. I use the 1u peavey and qsc 2u space amps and the mtn holes all match perfectly. Value: great price for something that you may have to return Manufacturer Support: very unfriendly. when I asked about making the holes longer so I could mount the amp with four screws, the rep almost had a heart attack. and told me if I touched the mtn I would void the warranty. so he told me to return the amp to the dealer that they were working on that little problem... note: I hope that person that drills the holes bigger can measure better than their engineers did. The Wow Factor: sex appeal??? are you kidding, the holes didn't match lol Overall: less than a day.. who would steal something that wasn't made right????

When you call, mention priority code 15F5-PQ3Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976